Old 04-16-2018, 05:12 PM

hee hee hee... I'm with you, Chi. To me, the Bellas were always WWE's attempt to attract Kardashian fans. They did pretty good in the ring, but they're nowhere near the talent level that NXT puts out.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:10 PM

Nikki is claiming that Cena got cold feet and wasn't ready for the commitment.

Or as I joked elsewhere, she asked him if he wanted to join the Columbia Record Club.

"The worst things in the world are justified by belief" - U2, Raised by Wolves
Old 04-16-2018, 08:09 PM

Oh Holy Crap.

Miz is going to Smackdown, because "the former GM asked for it" and "apparently he still has pull over there".

Expect to either see Miz vs. DBD tomorrow night or announcement of a PPV match between them.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:46 PM
Charter Member

I understand having two travelling shows, but if they are combining all the PPV (WWE Exclusive shows), doesn't that cheapen the brand split even more than before?

Last match just started. Roode has to go heel in this.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:45 PM

Hey, Drew McIntyre is back!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:22 AM

And they paired him with Dolph? Welcome back to midcard hell Drew.

I'm guessing sAniTy will get called up to SD, and possibly Andrade Cien Almas as well. Asuka, Gallows & Anderson will xfer from RAM.

Miz needs some new toadies. Maybe Moss and Sabatelli?
Old 04-17-2018, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

In ages past, I would have said there is nothing wrong with being a mid-card draw. But with joint PPVs and 9 titles, mid-card is purgatory. It's only needed because there are 6+ hours of TV to fill each week.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:39 AM

Bruno Samartino dies at age 82.

I expect a good video package on Monday.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:58 AM

Bruno had a pretty remarkable history growing up. His mother hid their family from the Fascists during WWII before they were able to escape to the US.

I've only seen clips of his matches, but there's one scene where he picked up 600 lb+ Haystacks Calhoun and carried him around on his shoulders during a match.

With The Bar coming over to SD, that pretty much guarantees they'll lose the RAM belts to Hardy & Wyatt. Samoa Joe coming over is like a reunification of RoH stars with Cesaro, AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan. All we'd need is "snowball's chance in hell" CM Punk.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:15 PM

Nikki Cross wasn't called up with sAniTy. Wonder if she's going to be Sister Abigail?
Old 04-18-2018, 03:15 PM

Well, Vince just took Ember Moon and the Iconics, NXT needs to keep a few top women around.

I was glad to see Tye Dillinger this week. I've been watching to see who doesn't make an appearance this week, figuring anyone who didn't was likely done for. Anyone see The Ascension? Ryder appeared in a tweet (appropriate), but is he out with an injury or just creating his own 'I'm still here' minute? I mean, hell. Even R-Truth put in an appearance. Was Mojo around? I thought I saw or heard him. Could be wrong.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Mojo and Ascension both switched brands, just not on TV. Same with Chad Gable, who at least got a TV mention by Benjamin, who heeled Gable right before being jobbed to Hardy.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:05 PM

wow according to this cena had a 75 page pre-nup https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...nDS?li=BBnb2gh

I wonder if anyones going to mention Bruno and the wwe weren't friends for about 3 or 4 decades
Old 04-19-2018, 01:14 PM

Killian Dane and Lars Sullivan had a good ol' caveman fight on NXT. It was reminiscent of the Stan Hanson & Vader brawls. Killian didn't have an eye pop out, but he showed some color.

To quote Dusty, "These are two big men. They tough men. They ugly men. They vicious men."

Speaking of big tough ugly vicious men, War Machine (Raiders) had their first match against a couple of gambino jabronies. They had some awesome matches in RoH and matched the smaller guys in speed and endurance.

Not quite as big, but just as tough, ugly and vicious Pete Dunne is turning into an intriguing character. He's too popular to stay heel, so they're making him perpetually pissed off at Undisputed Era. I'd love to see him and Adam Cole in action.

The Era of Ugly has returned!

Last edited by Knowed Out; 04-19-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:37 PM

Paul Jones passed away this week. I remember him best as the manager of Paul Jones’ Army and his hair versus hair series against “The Boogie Woogie Man” Jimmy Valiant.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Paul Jones was my favorite wrestler as a kid. He and Wahoo McDaniel were a tag team and I remember classic bouts on TV versus Old and Gene Anderson. Then one day I saw an ad for a coming show in Richmond where Paul Jones was wrestling Ricky Steamboat. I couldn't understand why because they were both good guys. Then I saw the TV show where Jones turned heel and right there I decided to stick with Paul. I hated Ricky Steamboat and from that moment on I have always rooted for the villains.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:27 PM

I liked Jones as a heel manager, and he was at his best in his feud with Jimmy Valiant. He'd get all apoplectic and start spazzing whenever Valiant's music started playing.

OOH WAH OOH WAH DOOH WAH DITTY
TALKIN' BOUT THE BOY FROM NEW YORK CITY

Jones would throw his cowboy hat on the ground, whip his riding crop around, and practically trip over himself. Made for great TV.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:33 PM
Charter Member

#1 Paul Jones cuts off Jimmy Valiant's beard.

Last edited by Biotop; 04-19-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Not quite as big, but just as tough, ugly and vicious Pete Dunne is turning into an intriguing character. He's too popular to stay heel, so they're making him perpetually pissed off at Undisputed Era. I'd love to see him and Adam Cole in action.

The Era of Ugly has returned!
Mrs. Cups absolutely cannot stand Pete Dunne. I think it's because he's so ugly, but every time he gets on the TV she gives an audible "UUGGHHHH" and "Fuck that guy"

It's hilarious.

I'm not one to go out and buy merch, but WWEShop has a Ricochet shirt and while it's pretty simple and kinda boring....man I friggin' love Ricochet and might have to buy it.

I'm going to a live event next week, and a taping the week after, if they have that shirt in the merch stand I'm getting it.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:11 PM

I noticed they used symbols that look like 8 on Ricochet's trunks. He's got his birthdate tattooed on his chest, and the year is 1988.

He's still Prince Puma to me. He battled Death, Dragons and Darkness in LU fer gosh sake.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I liked Jones as a heel manager, and he was at his best in his feud with Jimmy Valiant. He'd get all apoplectic and start spazzing whenever Valiant's music started playing.

OOH WAH OOH WAH DOOH WAH DITTY
TALKIN' BOUT THE BOY FROM NEW YORK CITY

Jones would throw his cowboy hat on the ground, whip his riding crop around, and practically trip over himself. Made for great TV.
Would it have killed Vince McMahon to purchase the rights to use that song on the WCW repeats, instead of switching to that generic honky tonk piano music? Then again, at what point did TBS switch from The Boy from New York City to an original song of some sort?

My take on Paul Jones, posted in the Death Pool thread so I won't repost it here.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Mrs. Cups absolutely cannot stand Pete Dunne. I think it's because he's so ugly, but every time he gets on the TV she gives an audible "UUGGHHHH" and "Fuck that guy"

It's hilarious.
Next time just turn to her and deadpan "Is he your free hall pass?"

Old 04-21-2018, 08:09 AM

I had a good chuckle when reading the comments section for this article on how Billie Kay and Peyton Royce didn't like each other in high school. Kay said they were rivals over who was the bigger wrestling fan. One or two commenters expressed skepticism, and were met with "What do you think wrestling forums are?"

I'm a lifelong mark, but I don't buy much in the way of wrestling merchandise. I did get an Ox Baker shirt from an online friend, and I otherwise make my own shirts. Smapti seems to buy a lot of photo sessions and merchandise, and travels to wrestling events frequently. STC has only been a fan for a few years, but he's gotten as much mileage as possible, living in Orlando and attending NXT and Impact tapings. Hard to say who's the bigger fan, but they don't seem to compete over it. :-)
Old 04-21-2018, 10:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Smapti seems to buy a lot of photo sessions and merchandise, and travels to wrestling events frequently.
Speaking of which, here's me and Tommy Dreamer at last week's show.

Seriously, though, you make me sound like some kind of world traveler. Almost all of my memorabilia is from going to indy shows in Seattle/Tacoma every month or two, and most of the wrestlers there just charge $10-20 apiece for an autographed 8x10 and a photo.

I haven't even gotten a chance to go to a WWE PPV yet, since they haven't done one up here since I started watching wrestling again in 2013. Just Raw and Smackdown and the occasional house show. I went to an ROH PPV in Vegas a few years ago, but I was planning to go to Vegas anyway. I was considering flying to Chicago for All In, but now that my car's died on me and I need to save up for a down payment (and I guess that means I'm renting a car if I'm going to any shows in the near future) that's out the window.

Last edited by Smapti; 04-21-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:47 AM

Have you got an online album of all your photos with wrestlers?

I had a polaroid of me and Ivan Koloff, but can't find it.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:15 PM

I had great plans to go to the Impact PPV tonight because seeing Penta and Fenix seemed compelling enough, but Mrs. Cups and I ran 19 miles this weekend and we're tired.