Old 02-10-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
And the drum-roll begins .....................
You'll poke your eye out with that drum.
Wait, what?

Did the run, buy skipped on the b...ch; today was a (Jimmy) Buffett & given I've already had two breakfasts today I didn't feel like an AYCE.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:56 PM

last night was quiet dullsville just paid bills things are grumpy round here since my aunts tax return went down from 3k+ to $250 because she cant claim my other cousin whos a physically and mentally disabled adult anymore and it screwed up financial plans big time and looks like today will be same …

aunts out shopping but shes by herself sos she wont be gone long since shes by herself usually she takes a couple relatives with her since they all shop in the same place but since the car was totaled …... …. cousins off elsewhere ...its not cold here but not warm either just windy since we didn't get the rain were supposed to

just another day in the joy of bein me …...

Last edited by nightshadea; 02-10-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:49 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
You'll poke your eye out with that drum.
Wait, what?
Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

And then its often freaking hilarious as long as it isn't your eye.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
I'd try a different Chinese restaurant well before 9 years. Ya know, there's a good one near Penn Station in NYC.
It's the Wong one for me.

And in hockey, St. Louis is giving the Predators the Blues.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:54 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Its Doggio day again? Didn't we just have one of those last year?
Old 02-10-2019, 02:06 PM

Got my hairs did and went to the grocery store to get fixings for cauliflower crust pizza. I’m topping it with sauce, fresh mozzarella, spinach, and prosciutto. Home watching bad tv, laundering, and cleaning. It’s now snowing.

Last edited by peedin; 02-10-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

Oh, to be
In my N-2B.

It's up to 28F right now, but still cold enough to wear my N-2B. I've had this one for years (I have another one in storage someplace -- I think -- that I got in the '80s) and this is the first time it's been cold enough for it. (I haven't had the hood zipped up though.)
Old 02-10-2019, 02:36 PM

were getting the light sprinkles we were supposed to getting this weekend …. oh and since im late happy b-day to dog boy
Old 02-10-2019, 03:08 PM

Happy Doggio Day!!!

It's cold but beautiful here right now, but we're supposed to have nasty weather this afternoon.
We're supposed to go up the hill and visit our friend who has terminal cancer this afternoon, so we're going anyway. This may be our last time to see him.

We're watching the Westminster dog agility show.

Don't think there's anything else on the agenda today.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We deheathented, had a sammich N.O.L., and achieved nappage. Burgers will get grilled in a while. I also need to write my report and haul the biiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow. 'Tis chillyish, cloudy, and gloomy out. Good day to be inside and warm.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:17 PM

ok it went from lightly gray and sprinkles to pouring rain and ice/hail and its freezing ….. I guess that storm up north finally hit down here would ya mind taking it back ?
Old 02-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

No; pie and beer.
That is good too.

Someday we need to have a birthday Dopefest for someone. I really could make the cake.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Supper has been supped and the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can hauled all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow. Also, 'tis rainy and drizzly out. Still better than ice and/or snow.

Shades might I suggest some "No Snow" signs.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:26 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
Oh, to be
In my N-2B.

It's up to 28F right now, but still cold enough to wear my N-2B. I've had this one for years (I have another one in storage someplace -- I think -- that I got in the '80s) and this is the first time it's been cold enough for it. (I haven't had the hood zipped up though.)
I had to play around on Google to find the right match but I had a N-3B I wore for ages in the winter on the motorcycle. A MP at Bragg I knew liberated it somehow from a Pope-weenie under questionable circumstances I am guessing. That SOB was actually nicely warm at zero and 70mph and it was great cushioning when the idiot who tried to kill me tried to kill me. Now that you mention it I am starting to miss it.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I had to play around on Google to find the right match but I had a N-3B I wore for ages in the winter on the motorcycle. A MP at Bragg I knew liberated it somehow from a Pope-weenie under questionable circumstances I am guessing. That SOB was actually nicely warm at zero and 70mph and it was great cushioning when the idiot who tried to kill me tried to kill me. Now that you mention it I am starting to miss it.
Here you go.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
It's the Wong one for me.

And in hockey, St. Louis is giving the Predators the Blues.

ruble, you're a more foolish braver soul than I riding in sub zero weather. I rarely ride when it's under sixty.

Heathenated and lunched. Our speaker this month was a civil rights prof from Fisk and she was interesting. She brought home how much progress there has been since our country's beginning and how much more work there is to be done.

Since it was a late/large lunch, supper was carrots and celery with peanut butter. Nelson is still trying to get the peanut butter from the roof of his mouth.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:07 PM

Home from the armpit.

Had a fairly nice time. Enjoyed visiting with my friend.
She has a shiz tzu, smaller than my cat, and Ripple was afraid of him. Usually her dog ignores Ripple but today he was trying to be friendly. They played a little, then her dog went behind a chair to take a nap.

It was pretty nice at my mother's, but it's a lot easier to visit when all four of the boys aren't there.
Quite honestly, I don't understand how she stands the chaos of mess and noise.
She sent me home with a table, which I have no idea where to put, and some more books that Niece2's bf found in the basement. They aren't mine, but I brought them home anyway.
The table is the kind meant to go behind a sofa, and I think if I put it there, the sofa will be too far out into the room. I may put it in the office.
Nephew1 had a meltdown over Ripple being there. His other great-grandmother has a nasty dog that bit him and he's afraid of dogs. My niece said he was faking it, but her bf and Nephew1 said he was scared and Ripple got put out in the sunroom. A few minutes later, Nephew4 is opening the door to let Ripple in, and wanting to play with him.
Kids!

Learned how to use my phone as a mobile hotspot so my son could play with his tablet on the trip. I had no idea it would use up so much of my battery though.

It started snowing right before we got home, so good timing.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:55 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Much afghaning has occurred. Now I'm heading back to bed because I's tahred. I'll probably be late tomorrow because I need to take FCD early for his colonoscopy, poor baby.

Thus endeth my Sunday...
Old 02-10-2019, 09:25 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
I'm actually considering it now that I think about it. However a) not from that source and b) I would prefer actual issue; 1970s if possible. Will ponder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post

ruble, you're a more foolish braver soul than I riding in sub zero weather. I rarely ride when it's under sixty.
I think I've mentioned this before but I didn't get a car license until I was 21. I totaled a new MG-B on my permit and my insurance man (a cousin) informed me I was in 17-X --------- my rates would come down when the Red Army turned left on Broadway. Insurance for a Pinto, if I bought it outright, would be over $1000 a year and my Harley for everything including flood but not theft was $65. So year round no matter what I rode. In the winter I added a sidecar, tossed a hundred pound bag of sand and a set of chains in it, and rode. I actually got a car and drove at just under 20 but in questionable circumstances.

One thing I regret not having a shovelhead or other ironhead right now is having to park it at 20. I tried riding my Evo II in single digits and quickly learned that you get all these little pinholes in the front head seals. And I'm too old to rip the motor down just for that every spring. But I do have that WL motor I got from Bill's and evil plans so maybe next winter -------- ye never know.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:36 PM

Evening all. Indoor soccer has been completed successfully, no alarms or excursions. Parents are all mellow and the kids (mostly) uninjured (some bumping and bruising is inevitable when you combine 6-11 year olds and hardwood floors).

Home about 6:30PM, ate a host of cheesey bread and am awaiting bedtime.

All y'all take care and I'll catch you on the next MMP.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm actually considering it now that I think about it. However a) not from that source and b) I would prefer actual issue; 1970s if possible. Will ponder.
Alpha Industries made the MA-1 for the Air Force, before the Nomex CWU-45/P replaced it. I'm pretty sure they had a (the) contract for the L-2B, N-2B, and N-3B too.

I've thought about an N-3B, but the N-2B is doing just fine.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
{{{Doc}}} sorry about your uncle. Pallbearer duty is not a fun thing but a thing that befalls us from time to time. It is hard wired in me that one does not refuse such duty unless one is physically unable to do so. I harken back to my fourteen year old self who was asked to be a pallbearer for a Sister-In-Law's grandmother's funeral. Mom was standin' there and saw I had a look on my face that said "don't wanna" and said, "he'll be glad to do so" whilst givin' me one of those southern mama elbow pinch death grips. Lesson learnt!
Yup, absolutely! I was first a pall bearer for my paternal grandfather when I was but a pre-teen. It's a southern thing, I think.

Quick story - I was standing around during the visitation time before the funeral service proper, looking at all the flower arrangements, when I noticed one with some really pretty yellow roses. Upon closer inspection, I saw a stinkbug on one of the roses. My first thought was, "There's Unk, checking to see who showed up for his funeral!". And after I promised to be nice at the funeral...

Last edited by Doctor Jackson; 02-11-2019 at 11:21 AM.