Old 11-15-2018, 08:54 AM

Republicans believe what they're told to believe. I won't go so far as to say they lack higher cognitive function, they just don't seem to use it much.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
So, just an amazing coincidence that the inflection point of this storied solution occurred precisely on election day? C'mon, even you can't believe that.

He can. He’s an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2018, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tooth View Post
Republicans believe what they're told to believe. I won't go so far as to say they lack higher cognitive function, they just don't seem to use it much.
Then you are kinder than I am. Non-rich Republicans lack and in many cases have never had it. Rich Republicans are just in it for the $$.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan01 View Post
What wold you expect him to talk about. The problem was identified and steps taken. Why keep talking about it? Just so the left can complain, "He keeps talking about the caravan!"?
"The left" complained that the Caravan was not a security threat to this country and was only being brought up to stoke racist fears before the midterm elections.

The fact is that if the Caravan was actually a security threat, it would still be an issue even after the midterm elections.

Yes, had Donald Trump continued talking about the Caravan, those who actually know what it's about would be able to point out that it's still not a security threat. However, him stopping talking about it as soon as its value as a talking point is gone is evidence that not only is the Caravan not a security threat, but he did in fact only use it to rile up the Republican base.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
What wold you expect him to talk about. The problem was identified and steps taken. Why keep talking about it? Just so the left can complain, "He keeps talking about the caravan!"?
Yes, steps were taken. Maybe not the right steps.

Yesterday, Mattis visited the troops at the Texas border.

Meanwhile, the first part of the caravan arrived in Tijuana.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Doh!
And aren't there already a few military bases in San Diego? Oh well, as long as
the troop presence in Texas rustled up some votes for Cruz, then our military
has served a noble and democratic purpose!
Old 11-15-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Doh!
And aren't there already a few military bases in San Diego? Oh well, as long as
the troop presence in Texas rustled up some votes for Cruz, then our military
has served a noble and democratic purpose!
From the above-linked article:

Quote:
Hundreds of Central American migrants traveling through Mexico, seeking asylum, have reached the U.S. border.

Video shows them climbing the wall in Tijuana.

Officials say the group of about 400 broke off from the estimated 5,000 who are currently in Mexico City.

Authorities also say the ones who climbed over only did so to provoke border agents into arresting them, but then climbed back over into Mexico.
Build the wall! Oh, wait....
Old 11-15-2018, 12:10 PM

Trump asked DOJ to explore extraditing Fetullah Gulen to Turkey in order to get Turkey to back off Saudi Arabia over the Kashoggi murder.

Let a dictator murder a dissident so that another dictator that murdered a dissident will continue to spend money at Trump's hotel.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...turkey-n933996
Old 11-15-2018, 01:25 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
...Build the wall! Oh, wait....
I guess this section of border wall doesn't include the alligator pits, punji sticks, landmines and laser-defense system that the New And Improved Wall Which Trump Is Totally Going To Build (And Make Mexico Pay For) will have.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear View Post
"The left" complained that the Caravan was not a security threat to this country and was only being brought up to stoke racist fears before the midterm elections.

The fact is that if the Caravan was actually a security threat, it would still be an issue even after the midterm elections.

Yes, had Donald Trump continued talking about the Caravan, those who actually know what it's about would be able to point out that it's still not a security threat. However, him stopping talking about it as soon as its value as a talking point is gone is evidence that not only is the Caravan not a security threat, but he did in fact only use it to rile up the Republican base.
Evidently the vasty majority of the caravan is still on its way. We'll have to see the degree to which the caravan remains intact, grows, shrinks, etc. in order assess how big a problem it will be as it reaches the border. Trump did the right thing in getting things in place before the moment when they me actually be needed. Reacting after the problem materializes is not wise.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
So, just an amazing coincidence that the inflection point of this storied solution occurred precisely on election day? C'mon, even you can't believe that.
The major inflection point may be seen in the days and weeks ahead.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
If no ID was shown, then why couldn't you instead switch hats and give them a different name? As long as it matches someone on the roll who hasn't voted yet, then you can pose as them. IIRC voter rolls are often public records, so finding a list of extra names to use might not be a big problem. (Heck, you could even make a note of some of the names on the big spreadsheet you sign for your real vote.) If you show up at the polling station early enough, you have a good chance of voting before anyone you want to impersonate.
Because poll workers aren't idiots.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Because poll workers aren't idiots.
And poll workers are local residents. I don't know all of the people at my polling station, but one of them lives on my street, i wave to her once a week or so. Also, I've been going to the same polling place for 16 years now, so they do actually know me a bit. We chat about the weather, I ask how busy they've been. We obviously don't discuss politics

But yeah, I can' see that working too well. If anything, just coming back in would be difficult, they aren't stupid, as you say, you would at least have to wait a few hours.

And of course, for those who think that voter fraud is easy, they are going to get caught because even though the changed their hat, they are still wearing a MAGA hat.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky_Kong View Post
Trump asked DOJ to explore extraditing Fetullah Gulen to Turkey in order to get Turkey to back off Saudi Arabia over the Kashoggi murder.

Let a dictator murder a dissident so that another dictator that murdered a dissident will continue to spend money at Trump's hotel.

Jesus Christ. The same guy that Mike Flynn and his son were plotting to "rendition" out of the country for... 9 million dollars, was it? The same scheme that likely resulted in conspiracy to kidnap charges against Flynn and his kid? Yeah, that guy.

Everything about this criminal gang in the White House turns my stomach.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:48 PM

Stupid people believe in stupid solutions to problems.

Smarter people recognize that the problems are more complex than that.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:21 PM

Apropos of nothing other than pissing me off, I tried to read some of the interview the so called president gave The Daily Caller. Now, normally I'd rather gouge my eyes out than do that, but I thought "you should try to open you view up". My fucking head hurts after trying to read it. I think it would be easier to get a coherent interview out of a park bench mumbler than that asshole.
One of the new people in Columbia's gov't claims Global Warming is a Marxist plot. Maybe Trump's crowd will reverse their current position on the subject to fight communism.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind the gap View Post
Apropos of nothing other than pissing me off, I tried to read some of the interview the so called president gave The Daily Caller. Now, normally I'd rather gouge my eyes out than do that, but I thought "you should try to open you view up". My fucking head hurts after trying to read it. I think it would be easier to get a coherent interview out of a park bench mumbler than that asshole.
One of the new people in Columbia's gov't claims Global Warming is a Marxist plot. Maybe Trump's crowd will reverse their current position on the subject to fight communism.
Trump has said in the past that global warming is Chinese propaganda.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
How dare you understand the proper use of apostrophes. You... you... elite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
That was a beautiful thing, wasn't it? I noticed it, too. Warmed the cockles of my heart. ....
All it takes to create an Elite is to give a kid access to a lot of books (and access to at least one example of an adult who enjoys reading). And, voilŕ! You end up with a reader: someone who knows where the apostrophes should go!

(thanks, ladies!)
Old 11-15-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind the gap View Post
Vox had a recap:

"Trump’s latest interview shows a president who’s in way over his head

He has no idea what he’s doing, but what else is new?"

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/15/18096...ller-interview

Quote:
In some ways, the friendliest Donald Trump interviews are the most revealing. Given the opportunity to ramble and free-associate without any pushback whatsoever, you can see what channels his mind naturally follows.

His latest interview with the Daily Caller shows a president who’s fundamentally out to sea. The sycophantic interviewers can’t get Trump to answer a policy question of any kind, no matter how much of a softball they lob at him. The only subjects he is actually interested in talking about are his deranged belief in his incredible popularity and how that popularity is not reflected in actual vote totals because he’s the victim of a vast voter fraud conspiracy.

It’s the kind of thing that would be a bit sad if it were just your elderly uncle ranting about his past glories, but Trump mixes it in with authoritarian asides and the fundamental reality that whether he cares to do the actual job or not, he is ultimately the president of the United States.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:35 PM

More from the Vox link. The Capt. Queeg moment is here.
Quote:
...Trump starts answering a question he hasn’t been asked, explaining that the Mueller inquiry is for some reason an “illegal investigation”:

TRUMP: Matthew Whitaker is a very respected man. He’s — and he’s, very importantly, he’s respected within DOJ. I heard he got a very good decision, I haven’t seen it. Kellyanne, did I hear that?

WHITE HOUSE ADVISER KELLYANNE CONWAY: 20 pages.

TRUMP: A 20 page?

THE DAILY CALLER: It just came out right before this, sir.

TRUMP: Well, I heard it was a very strong opinion. Uh, which is good. But [Whitaker] is just somebody who’s very respected.

I knew him only as he pertained, you know, as he was with Jeff Sessions. And, um, you know, look, as far as I’m concerned this is an investigation that should have never been brought. It should have never been had.

It’s something that should have never been brought. It’s an illegal investigation. And you know, it’s very interesting because when you talk about not Senate-confirmed, well, Mueller’s not Senate-confirmed.

THE DAILY CALLER: Right.

TRUMP: He’s heading this whole big thing, he’s not Senate-confirmed.

This is a complete non sequitur. The issue with Whitaker is whether a person who holds a DOJ job that isn’t Senate-confirmed can serve as acting attorney general. Nobody is suggesting that Mueller should serve as acting attorney general, so the fact that he isn’t Senate-confirmed has no relevance to anything. Though the sheer quantity of untrue things Trump says is so large that to be merely irrelevant is almost refreshing....
There's more. Worth a read. Probably better if you're stoned, as thump apparently is. The last line I quoted is priceless: "Though the sheer quantity of untrue things Trump says is so large that to be merely irrelevant is almost refreshing."

Holy. Fuck.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky_Kong View Post

My totally unsupported wild speculation: Trump is getting billion dollar kickbacks on arms deals with Saudi Arabia; and his worst nightmare is that he has to impose sanctions, killing the deal.

Last edited by jsc1953; 11-15-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:18 PM
Charter Member

and to continue excerpts from the Vox piece above, Matthew Yglesias concludes with:

Quote:
The main throughline is that even though Trump makes no sense, tramples on basic values routinely, and has no grasp of the actual substance of his job, he does have a large, well-financed, and fairly relentless conservative propaganda apparatus at his back that tries to obscure his failings from their audience while trusting that keeping him in power is broadly beneficial for the goals of the conservative movement — even if he is only dimly aware of what those goals are.

So we’re left with a president who is both relatively likely to blunder us into some catastrophe and likely to respond to catastrophe in inappropriate or illegal ways.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:25 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
If no ID was shown, then why couldn't you instead switch hats and give them a different name? As long as it matches someone on the roll who hasn't voted yet, then you can pose as them. IIRC voter rolls are often public records, so finding a list of extra names to use might not be a big problem. (Heck, you could even make a note of some of the names on the big spreadsheet you sign for your real vote.) If you show up at the polling station early enough, you have a good chance of voting before anyone you want to impersonate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
And a good chance of a prison sentence. Other people in line may be that person's neighbors, or the poll workers may know that person. Who would take that risk for an extra vote that likely wouldn't make a difference?
Quote:
No, I'd say there's a rather small chance of getting caught. The rolls for any given voting station are large enough that the people working there, and the people in line, will collectively know only a small fraction of the voters. Still, even if I were the sort of person who would want to tamper with an election, the risk of impersonating another voter is big enough that I would never do it myself.

Anyway, I'm not saying that this sort of fraud is widespread, or even that it's happened at all. I'm just trying to provide a more plausible scenario than the one envisaged by Locrian. That is, if they're not checking ID, then the best way of double voting is to impersonate another voter, not to try to cast two votes for yourself by convincing the polling staff that they crossed off the wrong name.
1. Zero evidence of this has been found despite investigations.
2. As a former polling-place official myself, I find this notion of repeat voting as posited by Republican filth beyond ludicrous.

In other areas, someone today equated that scumbag Matthew Whitaker's dissing of Marbury v. Madison with a physicist denying the law of gravity. I thought that was quite good.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
More from the Vox link. The Capt. Queeg moment is here.
I think this section is more of the Holy Fuck moment. The interviewers ask Trump about what policies his administration is currently focusing on.

Quote:
THE DAILY CALLER: Sir, right now, in 2010 we saw several pieces of major legislation passed in a lame-duck Congress. What can we expect your and the Republican agenda to be in this Congress? Is it going to be an immigration fix? What about criminal justice reform? What are the two to three things you’re looking at?

TRUMP: We’re working on many things. Criminal justice reform we’re working on very hard. We have a meeting today, did you know about that? We have a meeting today.

THE DAILY CALLER: We heard about that.

TRUMP: Get these two in, all right? I think we have a chance at that. We should be able to fix health care. We should be able —

THE DAILY CALLER: Just one second, sir, on that criminal justice bill. Is that the Jared Kushner-backed bill that you want to focus on?

TRUMP: The answer is I’m looking at it very closely, okay? I am. It’s a good thing. You know, Texas is backing it, if you look at Mississippi and Georgia and a lot of other places, they believe in it, those governors, and they’re conservative people. Rick Perry’s a big fan.

You know, a lot of people are backing it. Look at the people that are backing it. Even, you know, like Mike Lee, he votes against a lot of things and we respect Mike and Mike is backing it. We have a lot of people that are backing this.
Criminal justice reform is supposedly the top policy Trump is currently working on. But he can't answer any basic questions about what the policy is. And according to Trump he had been at a meeting to discuss it earlier that day.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
No, I'd say there's a rather small chance of getting caught. The rolls for any given voting station are large enough that the people working there, and the people in line, will collectively know only a small fraction of the voters. Still, even if I were the sort of person who would want to tamper with an election, the risk of impersonating another voter is big enough that I would never do it myself.

Anyway, I'm not saying that this sort of fraud is widespread, or even that it's happened at all. I'm just trying to provide a more plausible scenario than the one envisaged by Locrian. That is, if they're not checking ID, then the best way of double voting is to impersonate another voter, not to try to cast two votes for yourself by convincing the polling staff that they crossed off the wrong name.
You should prove us wrong just like Roxanne Rubin did. She wanted to show everyone how easy it is to commit voter fraud so she deliberately set out to vote twice.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...n_2068999.html
Old 11-16-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
1. Zero evidence of this has been found despite investigations.
2. As a former polling-place official myself, I find this notion of repeat voting as posited by Republican filth beyond ludicrous.

In other areas, someone today equated that scumbag Matthew Whitaker's dissing of Marbury v. Madison with a physicist denying the law of gravity. I thought that was quite good.

I know I mostly post when... drunkenly amused... but I already posted in this thread about 2 times of voting shenanigans: 1 of someone voting for his ex-wife (uhh, he voted her vote for whomever by mailing it in... not he voted for her in a race) and 1 trying to vote twice as herself in the same state (my homestate of Iowa..). Both being trump supporters.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...postcount=4998

It happens but it _does_ get caught.

Last edited by mistymage; 11-16-2018 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
Vox had a recap:

"Trump’s latest interview shows a president who’s in way over his head

He has no idea what he’s doing, but what else is new?"
He thinks a 70-40 split is possible. That says it all, really....
Old 11-16-2018, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Evidently the vasty majority of the caravan is still on its way. We'll have to see the degree to which the caravan remains intact, grows, shrinks, etc. in order assess how big a problem it will be as it reaches the border. Trump did the right thing in getting things in place before the moment when they me actually be needed. Reacting after the problem materializes is not wise.
And do what about the caravan, exactly? The Posse Comitatus Act specifically prevents those deployed from arresting them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States.
I suppose if the caravan was a genuine invasion -- I saw all those AKs slung over their shoulders -- the Army could be unleashed but shooting civilians is even more distasteful then separating families.

Face it. All the sturm and drang about the caravan was a $200-million pre-election ploy to stir up angst in certain parts of the voting populace. As soon as the election was over, it had served its purpose and was dropped like a used tissue.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFidelius View Post
Stupid people believe in stupid solutions to problems. Smarter people recognize that the problems are more complex than that.
And the population's sensible people of any IQ representing the vast majority don't give a flyin' fuck about the nonsense the so-called stupid vs. smart blocs seem to always be so riled up about.

Last edited by BeenJammin; 11-16-2018 at 09:52 AM. Reason: ph.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenJammin View Post
And the population's sensible people of any IQ representing the vast majority don't give a flyin' fuck about the nonsense the so-called stupid vs. smart blocs seem to always be so riled up about.
If they're so sensible, you'd think they'd be strongly opposed to the stupid bloc spending vast amounts of taxpayer money on "security theater" propaganda displays to get their voters "riled up" about "nonsense issues" like the so-called "caravan invasion".
Old 11-16-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymage View Post
I know I mostly post when... drunkenly amused... but I already posted in this thread about 2 times of voting shenanigans: 1 of someone voting for his ex-wife (uhh, he voted her vote for whomever by mailing it in... not he voted for her in a race) and 1 trying to vote twice as herself in the same state (my homestate of Iowa..). Both being trump supporters.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...postcount=4998

It happens but it _does_ get caught.
#1 rule of propaganda: Never believe your own propaganda.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 11-16-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:33 AM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
...Criminal justice reform is supposedly the top policy Trump is currently working on. But he can't answer any basic questions about what the policy is. And according to Trump he had been at a meeting to discuss it earlier that day.
Reluctant as I am to defend POTUS on anything, he twice said "we have a meeting," not "we had a meeting."

Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 11-16-2018 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:59 AM
SDSAB

A Trump-appointed Federal judge orders the White House to give CNN's Jim Acosta back his press pass: https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media...ing/index.html
Old 11-16-2018, 12:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
A Trump-appointed Federal judge orders the White House to give CNN's Jim Acosta back his press pass: https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media...ing/index.html
And that pissed you off?
Old 11-16-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
And do what about the caravan, exactly? The Posse Comitatus Act specifically prevents those deployed from arresting them.I suppose if the caravan was a genuine invasion -- I saw all those AKs slung over their shoulders -- the Army could be unleashed but shooting civilians is even more distasteful then separating families.
The military is going to provide non-contact support, freeing up those who can engage, and arrest if necessary, those trying to come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Face it. All the sturm and drang about the caravan was a $200-million pre-election ploy to stir up angst in certain parts of the voting populace. As soon as the election was over, it had served its purpose and was dropped like a used tissue.
I'll wait and see what transpires in the coming weeks as more of the caravan either makes it here or disperses. You, of course, are free to rush to a conclusion before things play out one way or another.

As far as it being a ploy, you may want to request answers about how this came about in the first place, and who has been paying to enable the caravan. THEY are the ones who had some grand plan, no?
Old 11-16-2018, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
And that pissed you off?
You are not very bright, are you?
Old 11-16-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
The military is going to provide non-contact support, freeing up those who can engage, and arrest if necessary, those trying to come in.

I'll wait and see what transpires in the coming weeks as more of the caravan either makes it here or disperses. You, of course, are free to rush to a conclusion before things play out one way or another.

As far as it being a ploy, you may want to request answers about how this came about in the first place, and who has been paying to enable the caravan. THEY are the ones who had some grand plan, no?
No.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:58 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
And that pissed you off?
More in the nature of an update on something Trump did that did piss me off. But I suspect you knew that.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Why I just bet it's George Soros. After colluding with Hillary and Obama and the Russians, of course.

Last edited by dasmoocher; 11-16-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Why I just bet it's George Soros. After colluding with Hillary and Obama and the Russians, of course.
Of course. It's a grand double cross with a triple dog dare ya thrown in order to get... something.

While in reality all the attention to the caravan fleeing across Mexico did was get more Republicans to vote.

Now... Crickets.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Children don't just appear in pizza place basement sex rings out of thin air. They gotta come from somewhere!
Old 11-16-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Children don't just appear in pizza place basement sex rings out of thin air. They gotta come from somewhere!
I thought they were imported from China?

oh - the tariffs - right ---
Old 11-16-2018, 02:59 PM

Soros? Isn't Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez now in charge of everything the toothless, trump-lovin' sister-fuckers burst into tears over, like terrist caravans and parking lot changing rooms?
Old 11-16-2018, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

In an interview to air this Sunday, Chris Wallace questions Trump about Veterans Day.

CHRIS WALLACE: "But here is the question, you're back in town Monday, Veterans Day, why don't you go across the river to Arlington for that ceremony? Barack Obama went every year he was in D.C."

TRUMP: “I should have done that, I was extremely busy on calls for the country, we did a lot of calling as you know.”

CHRIS WALLACE: “But this is Veterans Day,”

TRUMP: “I could have done that. As you know I just left the day before the American Cemetery and I probably think — and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine and I made a speech at the American Cemetery the day before. And I probably, you know, in retrospect, I should have. And I did last year (he didn't), and I will virtually every year. But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris. And I really probably assumed that was fine and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state — doing other things.”

CHRIS WALLACE: Why?

TRUMP: But I would have - I would have done it.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:09 PM

Some further pearls of wisdom from the Wallace interview:

The president said he had seen the firemen at work and saw them raking under trees near the flames of the fires. Trump said that had the areas around the trees been raked out earlier, there would have been no fire burning.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:15 PM

I long for the day when someone says something like "How the hell would you know? What do you know about firefighting? Have you ever even touched a rake?" It's wrong to pretend Trump's declarative statements have worth, I don't understand why reporters always let them slide.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Of course. It's a grand double cross with a triple dog dare ya thrown in order to get... something.

While in reality all the attention to the caravan fleeing across Mexico did was get more Republicans to vote.

Now... Crickets.
Oh good. Not only are they bringing their leprosy and their smallpox, now they're bringing a plague of insects with them as well.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I long for the day when someone says something like "How the hell would you know? What do you know about firefighting? Have you ever even touched a rake?" It's wrong to pretend Trump's declarative statements have worth, I don't understand why reporters always let them slide.
I thought the Veterans Day response above was a joke...oops. “In retrospect..I probably should have” may be the closest he’s ever come in his life to admitting a mistake.

I wonder if Trump has ever seen a tree.

Last edited by jsc1953; 11-16-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
I thought the Veterans Day response above was a joke...oops. “In retrospect..I probably should have” may be the closest he’s ever come in his life to admitting a mistake.

I wonder if Trump has ever seen a tree.
He thinks money grows on them. Boy, is he in for a disappointment.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
He probably thinks that that’s what forest management is - - raking up the grounds beneath the trees.