Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #351  
Old 01-19-2019, 07:24 PM
Beckdawrek's Avatar
Beckdawrek Beckdawrek is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: So.Ark ?
Posts: 12,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
Inbreeding causes vision problems.



Spectacular avoidance of question.



Forgive me in advance for my difficulties with reading comprehension, I am white and thus inbred and cannot see, read or write very well. But I am trying. But let me get this straight, you say that in order for the accusation of you being a supporter of "black supremacy" to have validity, the accuser must be able to show evidence of you actually saying that you were in fact a "black supremacist" or that you explicitly supported the actual killing, murder or deaths of white people?

Because you obviously have not said such things, at least not on this board (to my knowledge). Buuuut, not one single poster who may or may not be white has said that they are in fact a "white supremacist" or has explicitly endorsed the killing, murder or deaths of black people either.

Yet nonetheless you seem to paint all of those you perceive to be white as "white supremacists" or supporters of white supremacist ideology while giving yourself a pass. You've got to realize how weak this makes any of your arguments come off. A middle-schooler wouldn't be so careless.

And you have long since given clear evidence that you have the knowledge and mental acuity far surpassing that of a 7th grader. So it's just more evidence supporting what I've been saying since your early threads: you are a very effective troll. The way you'll seem to sabotage your own arguments with easy to recognize examples of blazen bigotry of one form or another. At just the right moments. You will rile people up by saying just the right things in order to provoke them to say emotion-fueled things, that you can then calmy say prove your point.

Why do you post here? Will you answer that? Prolly not. If you had any desire to open minds or enlightment people who previously did not know life included such lows, you wouldn't end every sentence with y'all hoes or post exclusively in the Pit or drop ridiculously obvious stinkbombs in the middle of an otherwise good discussion or any of the myriad trollish tactics you employ here. From a certain perspective I have to be impressed. You are very good at what you do. But what you do is a stupid fucking thing.
Them's nice words there, Ambi!
  #352  
Old 01-19-2019, 07:33 PM
Sherrerd's Avatar
Sherrerd Sherrerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
You raise an interesting point. I have noted several odd things about HF but completely missed this.
Well, it's the internet---we can't know for sure who is typing any account.

There was an interesting case that played out, years ago, surrounding a now-successful young-adult-fiction author with the initials CC. There were credible charges of plagiarism made against her, and the subject was allegedly changed (at least temporarily) by means of some sockpuppet shenanigans.

Link below if anyone is curious about epic trolls in history, but the main thing I remember is the tactic used by the chief troll of creating a sock who hated Chief Troll---a sock that was plainly an awful person. Hateful, consistently unfair and unjust, racist, and so on and so forth.

So the purpose of that revolting sockpuppet was that the reputations of all who opposed Chief Troll would be smeared, because the sock opposed Chief Troll, and Look At What Kind Of Person Opposes Chief Troll! Or at least that was the conclusion people were supposed to reach---and by the evidence of the online talk at the time, it worked. So this---create a character with announced traits who is plainly unfair and hateful, and thereby all who actually have those traits will be discredited---is a technique still in use today, apparently.




A write-up of the CC case:

Quote:
This is an old one, but a legendary one in fanfiction and Harry Potter circles. It takes place from around 2002 to 2006, when the Harry Potter fanfiction community was really expanding with the creation of sites like Fanfiction.net and Fiction Alley (although most of the drama takes place on the forum site LiveJournal). Also of note was that, at the time, ... author [CC] was a HP fanfiction writer, and she and her friends were massively popular. Think the stereotypical popular clique that everyone wants to join.

Msscribe first entered the HP fanfiction community in late 2002. By April of 2003, she had managed to use a veritable army of sockpuppets to leverage her way into such popularity that she was roommates with [CC] at a Harry Potter convention. She also faked a car crash, a major injury, a job working directly with Joe Biden, and a whole hell of a lot else. ...
https://www.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/...an_creates_12/

(Just as a point of interest: CC's books are often accused of being racist and homophobic. Ugly sockpuppetry more likely to be committed by those holding ugly views? seems that way.)
  #353  
Old 01-19-2019, 08:26 PM
madsircool madsircool is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
I find myself constitutionally incapable of standing alongside tacit supporters and tolerators of white supremacism (there are indeed a few in this thread, based on my reading of present and past posts) and shit on someone who appears to me to be an angry black man. I'm not sure about some of Huey's posts, but I don't believe I'm qualified to sit in any sort of judgment, even just on a message board, of an angry black man, in today's America.

White supremacism is still, by far, the biggest enemy. It's still, by far, the worst thing in America. And the biggest threat to Americans. Focusing on the flaws of a black man who may well be a highly flawed individual, but still quite likely (in this America!) has pretty damn good reason for being angry, IMO is providing a small but still real bit of rhetorical aid and comfort to white supremacism.

Which doesn't mean no criticism, but IMO a lot in this thread is going well beyond the likely reasonable "hey, you're being an idiot about autism", and crossing into that realm of aiding white supremacism. Especially when you're laughing at Huey right alongside supporters and/or tolerators of white supremacism.

Just my opinion.
Gee. I'm betting to the multitudinous women raped tortured and humiliated by the likes of R Kelly, Bill Cosby, Chris Brown and any number of wanna be pumps I'm guessing white supremacy might come up as number 2 on the worst things in their lives. Unless you have some evidence to link this to white supremacy. Hip hop culture has devalued and debased women for decades. White supremacy?
  #354  
Old 01-19-2019, 09:46 PM
asahi's Avatar
asahi asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 8,056
Here's what the white "contributors" on a thread about racism need to understand: you will never, ever know what the fuck you're talking about. It's one thing to not know, but quite another to have an ego so fucking large that you refuse to admit it. Some humility can come in handy.

You can still call Huey out for various posts, comments -- I don't care, and never did. But as with all things, context is everything. It was more than ironic how this thread called out Huey when he was responding to a poster who, let's just put it mildly, has a history of making racially insensitive remarks himself.
  #355  
Old 01-19-2019, 09:48 PM
asahi's Avatar
asahi asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 8,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman View Post
Can I give some unsolicited advice? Do not seek the approval of these animals. You are being played (and laughed at) by people who don't have shred of empathy toward you. If you died right now, these animals would be ecstatic and celebrate; they would talk behind your back and gossip. And, deep down, I think you know this too. These animals - these vultures - leave the meat of a person's post or point to, instead, peck strips of rotting flesh from the carcass of triviality. There's no focus on what the argument is, just who the person is. This place - for all intents and purposes - is a cult. Need proof? Wait for the vultures' response. But in the mean time, please know that these animals don't care whether you said something misogynist (and, think carefully, given what's encouraged here: why would they care you said cunt in the BBQ Pit?), these vultures just want to use it as a bludgeon to sidestep your point, to degrade your spirit (white folks don't know this means), to humiliate you, to trip you up and make you look like a hypocrite. My advice? I would suggest that you consider reducing the amount you post or stop posting altogether. These animals do not deserve and are incapable of appreciating your point-of-view.
Point taken, Huey, but I nevertheless acknowledge that what I said was offensive to women. For what it's worth, in my experience, British women seem to care a lot less than American women over the use of the c-word, but that doesn't make it okay, so I apologize.
  #356  
Old 01-19-2019, 09:51 PM
asahi's Avatar
asahi asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 8,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsircool View Post
Gee. I'm betting to the multitudinous women raped tortured and humiliated by the likes of R Kelly, Bill Cosby, Chris Brown and any number of wanna be pumps I'm guessing white supremacy might come up as number 2 on the worst things in their lives. Unless you have some evidence to link this to white supremacy. Hip hop culture has devalued and debased women for decades. White supremacy?
See, this is where I knew the thread would lead.

Huey's an anti-white racist. And while we're at it, look at all these n#ggers who suck! It's like white males can't help themselves. Sooner or later, it's like a penis in a whorehouse: it sticks out.

Last edited by asahi; 01-19-2019 at 09:52 PM.
  #357  
Old 01-19-2019, 11:03 PM
pool pool is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Inside
Posts: 4,227
Well everything I've googled, the studies have shown that black children are twice as likely to be diagnosed as mentally retarded than white children, even after corrections for Socioeconomic status. I can post cites if necessary.

Now I'm not going to conclude any kind of racial superiority from the results, or suggest there was inbreeding involved, and granted this was White Science done in White Laboratory Spaces, by unempathetic White Scientists who probably had Somalian Asperger's or something and were trying to keep the brothers down. The only conclusion it suggests to me is Poor Huey is probably one of these unfortunate mentally retarded Black Souls... Yeah that seems about right.
__________________
"You can do anything you set your mind to...But money helps"

Last edited by pool; 01-19-2019 at 11:04 PM.
  #358  
Old 01-19-2019, 11:13 PM
Skywatcher's Avatar
Skywatcher Skywatcher is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Somewhere in the Potomac
Posts: 33,907
Hell, for all we know it could be that a certain C'hump found a new way to troll the Libs.
  #359  
Old 01-19-2019, 11:57 PM
Sunny Daze's Avatar
Sunny Daze Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay Area Urban Sprawl
Posts: 11,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by pool View Post
Well everything I've googled, the studies have shown that black children are twice as likely to be diagnosed as mentally retarded than white children, even after corrections for Socioeconomic status. I can post cites if necessary.

Now I'm not going to conclude any kind of racial superiority from the results, or suggest there was inbreeding involved, and granted this was White Science done in White Laboratory Spaces, by unempathetic White Scientists who probably had Somalian Asperger's or something and were trying to keep the brothers down. The only conclusion it suggests to me is Poor Huey is probably one of these unfortunate mentally retarded Black Souls... Yeah that seems about right.
I hope that this is a play on Huey's claims about autism.
  #360  
Old 01-20-2019, 03:07 AM
Discordian Discordian is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pool View Post
I can post cites if necessary.
Please, do. You might come across as slightly less of a cross-burning member of the KKK.
  #361  
Old 01-20-2019, 07:21 AM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
The Mismeasure of Man by Stephen Jay Gould covers and rebuts the premises of scientific racism; I highly recommend it.
  #362  
Old 01-20-2019, 07:27 AM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Yeah if you redefine words to suit a particular ideology of course the redefined word will not apply to those that are needed to help advance that ideology. Friendly fire when weaponized language is employed is very inconvenient.
To me the argument over what the word itself is pointless. It is crucual to understand that racial prejudice against people in power that stems from a history of oppression is completely different than racial prejudice that comes from a position of power against people you have oppressed. Before we continue, can you confirm that you understand this? Without hastening to qualify it or compromise it in any way?
  #363  
Old 01-20-2019, 08:11 AM
BigT's Avatar
BigT BigT is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: "Hicksville", Ark.
Posts: 35,712
For the record, I called him a black supremacist because, when people pointed out there is black autism, he blamed that on mixing with white people. That sure sounds like he thinks black people are the superior race and shouldn't mix with the others.

And pool, please don't post shit that could be used to support scientific racism unless you have your cite and are 100% sure of its veracity. A quick Googling showed nothing.
  #364  
Old 01-20-2019, 08:30 AM
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
Johnny Bravo Johnny Bravo is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The Swamp
Posts: 7,621
There are studies showing traumatic childhoods (and even traumas experienced by the mother while in utero) do indeed impact cognitive development due to heightened levels of cortisol over long periods of time. This isn't specific to black kids, but to all at-risk kids. It does disproportionately affect black kids, though, who overall are more likely to be at risk.

Note that this is not "mental retardation," as pool mentions. The effects of overexposure to cortisol are wildly variable. They're also hereditary - studies have found that the children of Holocaust survivors had weird cortisol markers.

That means that a comfortably middle-class black kid is still more likely to suffer from certain problems if his parents had shitty childhoods but managed to pull themselves out of it. It also means that experiencing racism (and the associated stress) can directly impact your mental health.

Of course, the solution here is the same as the solution always is: more effective interventions and support structures for at-risk children, more effort spent reducing socioeconomic disparity, and more effort spent shitkicking racist fuckers no matter what color their skin happens to be, because 'prejudice plus power' is a stupid, inherently racist ideology with little purpose except to excuse heinous bigotry.
  #365  
Old 01-20-2019, 08:50 AM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
I don't want to be seen defending pool's claim, but here is a reference to it.

Quote:
In the United States, the prevalence of ID varies by race/ethnicity, probably due to confounding by socioeconomic status (SES). Black non-Hispanic children are approximately twice as likely, and Hispanic children approximately one and a half times as likely, to be diagnosed with ID as white non-Hispanic children (Bhasin et al., 2006; Boyle and Lary, 1996; Boyle et al., 2011; Camp et al., 1998; Van Naarden Braun et al., 2015). Language differences and poverty likely contribute to the racial and ethnic differences in performance on cognitive tests and to the corresponding disparities in prevalence. Even after taking the effects of SES into account, there is evidence that test bias and diagnostic bias affects the rates of the diagnosis of ID (Jencks and Phillips, 1998).
Environmental factors play a huge role in intellectual development.

Last edited by WernhamHogg; 01-20-2019 at 08:53 AM.
  #366  
Old 01-20-2019, 09:07 AM
BigT's Avatar
BigT BigT is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: "Hicksville", Ark.
Posts: 35,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by WernhamHogg View Post
I don't want to be seen defending pool's claim, but here is a reference to it.



Environmental factors play a huge role in intellectual development.
His claim was that the deficiencies existed even after those issues are controlled. ]

Your cite actually contradicts his claim.
  #367  
Old 01-20-2019, 09:18 AM
BigT's Avatar
BigT BigT is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: "Hicksville", Ark.
Posts: 35,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by WernhamHogg View Post
To me the argument over what the word itself is pointless. It is crucual to understand that racial prejudice against people in power that stems from a history of oppression is completely different than racial prejudice that comes from a position of power against people you have oppressed. Before we continue, can you confirm that you understand this? Without hastening to qualify it or compromise it in any way?
I totally recognize the difference, but I don't agree that we can ignore the attempts to change the word itself. Yes, the latter is worse than the former, but the former still is not a good thing. And the attempt to say it isn't racism is an attempt to make it not seem as bad.

Racism has the meaning "prejudice towards or discrimination against anyone for their race." It achieved its negative connotation because of this definition. And so a lot of people try to redefine it so it doesn't include them.

And I think anything that makes "racism without power" remotely more acceptable only helps make "racism with power" acceptable. It allows arguments that the whole thing manipulation.

I get the concepts, but I do think it's important we don't let the word be changed. Because, while they are rare, I have met people who genuinely are racist against white people, and that's still wrong. If you are racist against white people, then racist white people will argue they can be racist towards you, and no amount of "but racism without power isn't really racism" will change that.

The war is with words. Redefining words is one of the goto tactics of the racist right to get their ideology through. I know liberals who crow about PC SJWs who virtue signal.

Words are important.
  #368  
Old 01-20-2019, 09:19 AM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
Likely he found it here, since the language he uses closely matches that of the blogger. Note that the article's first link is to a scientific study that works with a very small population and doesn't come to the conclusions the blogger pretends.
  #369  
Old 01-20-2019, 09:26 AM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
As I said, arguing about the word is a distraction. It's about whether you understand and accept historical inequities that make it a different thing for one group vs. another. And yes, of course ALL THINGISM IS BAD!
  #370  
Old 01-20-2019, 10:25 AM
asahi's Avatar
asahi asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 8,056
From "What the fuck is wrong with Huey Freeman" to Stormfront.

Congrats, white people. Huey probably somehow knew it would end up like this.

Now, for the educated among us, here's what you need to take with you from this thread: people who subscribe to Stormfront's vision of America can become CEO's of companies. They can become landlords. They can become neighborhood watch vigilantes. They can become bank loan officers. They can become mayors, governors, sheriffs, congressmen, Senators, and even President. The Huey Freemans of the world? Not so much.

Think about that. Racism, real racism, is more about actual power and the ability to abuse others than it is about a fantasy to do so.

Last edited by asahi; 01-20-2019 at 10:29 AM.
  #371  
Old 01-20-2019, 10:45 AM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
How do you know Huey is none of those things?
  #372  
Old 01-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Alessan's Avatar
Alessan Alessan is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tel Aviv
Posts: 23,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
I totally recognize the difference, but I don't agree that we can ignore the attempts to change the word itself. Yes, the latter is worse than the former, but the former still is not a good thing. And the attempt to say it isn't racism is an attempt to make it not seem as bad.

Racism has the meaning "prejudice towards or discrimination against anyone for their race." It achieved its negative connotation because of this definition. And so a lot of people try to redefine it so it doesn't include them.

And I think anything that makes "racism without power" remotely more acceptable only helps make "racism with power" acceptable. It allows arguments that the whole thing manipulation.

I get the concepts, but I do think it's important we don't let the word be changed. Because, while they are rare, I have met people who genuinely are racist against white people, and that's still wrong. If you are racist against white people, then racist white people will argue they can be racist towards you, and no amount of "but racism without power isn't really racism" will change that.

The war is with words. Redefining words is one of the goto tactics of the racist right to get their ideology through. I know liberals who crow about PC SJWs who virtue signal.

Words are important.
Besides, power comes and goes, and certain worldviews your group develops when they have no power aren't that easy to get rid of once that changes. Take it from me.

Last edited by Alessan; 01-20-2019 at 11:49 AM.
  #373  
Old 01-20-2019, 12:27 PM
SteveG1 SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
WTF is wrong with him is that a blatant troll is growing fat on an audience eager to feed him and a crop of moderators afraid to ban him because they think it might make them look racist.
Well, why not drop the ban hammer and just say "Yeah I did it". What's he gonna do? If all the other trolls come trolling about freedumb furst mendmint then they can go too.

It would be fun to watch.
  #374  
Old 01-20-2019, 12:32 PM
coffeecat's Avatar
coffeecat coffeecat is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
From "What the fuck is wrong with Huey Freeman" to Stormfront.

Congrats, white people. Huey probably somehow knew it would end up like this.

Now, for the educated among us, here's what you need to take with you from this thread: people who subscribe to Stormfront's vision of America can become CEO's of companies. They can become landlords. They can become neighborhood watch vigilantes. They can become bank loan officers. They can become mayors, governors, sheriffs, congressmen, Senators, and even President. The Huey Freemans of the world? Not so much.

Think about that. Racism, real racism, is more about actual power and the ability to abuse others than it is about a fantasy to do so.
Huey Freeman is a black dumbass. The world is full of black dumbasses, white dumbasses, dumbasses of every race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, state of physical or mental health, sexual preference, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, hair color, eye color, sock color, and styling of pubic hair. That's called equality.

I will probably continue to have little power. I will continue to define racism as prejudice against those of a certain race, continue to treat people like people, continue to think Louis Farrakhan is an enormous dildo and Harriet Tubman was a superhuman badass. The worst thing a hater can do isn't to hate us, but to implant hatred for them in our heart.

There was a storm here last night, and the dark trees are standing amidst the white snow. I am drinking black coffee out of a white cup, because I'm out of milk. Evil continues to be stupid, ugly, and boring, and the world is still the same.
  #375  
Old 01-20-2019, 01:44 PM
Sunny Daze's Avatar
Sunny Daze Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay Area Urban Sprawl
Posts: 11,624
If this sidebar on scientific racism continues, I'll join iiandyiiii and leave the discussion. We've had that conversation many times and the topic is as racist and wrong as it always is.
  #376  
Old 01-20-2019, 01:48 PM
Guinastasia's Avatar
Guinastasia Guinastasia is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 52,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
If this sidebar on scientific racism continues, I'll join iiandyiiii and leave the discussion. We've had that conversation many times and the topic is as racist and wrong as it always is.
I believe we already have a thread open for that, anyways. (Didn't SlackerInc open up another one for his bullshit?)
  #377  
Old 01-20-2019, 09:55 PM
Huey Freeman Huey Freeman is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 268
Tell Ofmadsircool, "Hi".

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsircool View Post
Gee. I'm betting to the multitudinous women raped tortured and humiliated by the likes of R Kelly, Bill Cosby, Chris Brown and any number of wanna be pumps I'm guessing white supremacy might come up as number 2 on the worst things in their lives. Unless you have some evidence to link this to white supremacy. Hip hop culture has devalued and debased women for decades. White supremacy?
Absolutely. If you watched Surviving R Kelly, one of the white jurors flat-out said that he didn't believe the victims because of what they looked like. When the black families sought law enforcement to help get their daughters from R. Kelly, the white cops told them there was "nothing we can do". The R. Kelly case where he was acquitted: the judge was white, the prosecutors were white, and the majority of the jurors were white. Chris Brown? The judge was white and the prosecutor was white. Bill Cosby? The judge was white and the jurors were comprised of 10 white jurors (7 or which were white men). White fingerprints are all over this shit. I mean, are you so stupid that you think these cases were brought in front of black judge, black jurors, and a black prosecutor? Either you are naive (unlikely) or fucking stupid (most likely). By the way, you're talking devaluing and debasing women? How do you square that with how you treat your imported handbag? I'd really, really like to know. It's pathetic how you white folk will marry or adopt a person of color, allow them to be discriminated against, and hand-wave it away as benign. It's not benign, and, if you doubt this, tell your handbag how you dismissed the discrimination she suffered. How do you think your imported handbag would feel? Go on, show her that post. You know which one. Let me tell you something about your handbag. Your handbag is courageous because she is still with you despite suffering discrimination because of you. Despite her sacrifice, you feel nothing because you're an empty, soulless husk. She is too good for you, and, I hope she gets her citizenship and leaves your racist ass for someone who will cherish her poise and appreciated sacrifice(s) she has endured to come to this country for you.
  #378  
Old 01-20-2019, 10:38 PM
octopus's Avatar
octopus octopus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman View Post
Absolutely. If you watched Surviving R Kelly, one of the white jurors flat-out said that he didn't believe the victims because of what they looked like. When the black families sought law enforcement to help get their daughters from R. Kelly, the white cops told them there was "nothing we can do". The R. Kelly case where he was acquitted: the judge was white, the prosecutors were white, and the majority of the jurors were white. Chris Brown? The judge was white and the prosecutor was white. Bill Cosby? The judge was white and the jurors were comprised of 10 white jurors (7 or which were white men). White fingerprints are all over this shit. I mean, are you so stupid that you think these cases were brought in front of black judge, black jurors, and a black prosecutor? Either you are naive (unlikely) or fucking stupid (most likely). By the way, you're talking devaluing and debasing women? How do you square that with how you treat your imported handbag? I'd really, really like to know. It's pathetic how you white folk will marry or adopt a person of color, allow them to be discriminated against, and hand-wave it away as benign. It's not benign, and, if you doubt this, tell your handbag how you dismissed the discrimination she suffered. How do you think your imported handbag would feel? Go on, show her that post. You know which one. Let me tell you something about your handbag. Your handbag is courageous because she is still with you despite suffering discrimination because of you. Despite her sacrifice, you feel nothing because you're an empty, soulless husk. She is too good for you, and, I hope she gets her citizenship and leaves your racist ass for someone who will cherish her poise and appreciated sacrifice(s) she has endured to come to this country for you.
So a so-called group shares all traits and responsibilities for each member? I’m actually surprised you are getting any pushback on this site aside from you being a bit too inconveniently obvious.

Last edited by octopus; 01-20-2019 at 10:38 PM.
  #379  
Old 01-20-2019, 11:15 PM
Guinastasia's Avatar
Guinastasia Guinastasia is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 52,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman View Post
It's not benign, and, if you doubt this, tell your handbag how you dismissed the discrimination she suffered. How do you think your imported handbag would feel? Go on, show her that post. You know which one. Let me tell you something about your handbag. Your handbag is courageous because she is still with you despite suffering discrimination because of you.
madsircool isn't the sexist buttmunch calling her a "handbag". Do you always refer to women as objects, or treat foreign children like that?

Last edited by Guinastasia; 01-20-2019 at 11:16 PM.
  #380  
Old 01-21-2019, 12:39 AM
Elmore Elmore is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
madsircool isn't the sexist buttmunch calling her a "handbag". Do you always refer to women as objects, or treat foreign children like that?
Yes, he does. Because he’s bigoted trash. If Huey caught bubonic plague it’d immediately become the best thing about him.

Last edited by Elmore; 01-21-2019 at 12:40 AM.
  #381  
Old 01-21-2019, 06:31 AM
asahi's Avatar
asahi asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 8,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
Huey Freeman is a black dumbass. The world is full of black dumbasses, white dumbasses, dumbasses of every race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, state of physical or mental health, sexual preference, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, hair color, eye color, sock color, and styling of pubic hair. That's called equality.

I will probably continue to have little power. I will continue to define racism as prejudice against those of a certain race, continue to treat people like people, continue to think Louis Farrakhan is an enormous dildo and Harriet Tubman was a superhuman badass. The worst thing a hater can do isn't to hate us, but to implant hatred for them in our heart.

There was a storm here last night, and the dark trees are standing amidst the white snow. I am drinking black coffee out of a white cup, because I'm out of milk. Evil continues to be stupid, ugly, and boring, and the world is still the same.
An utterly stupid post that in no way addresses the substance of what you responded to.
  #382  
Old 01-21-2019, 07:35 AM
Gyrate Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 22,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmore View Post
Lol agreed. A typical Huey thread is like

Huey: I知 a victim everything is racist I知 a victim I知 a victim I知 a victim you池e all bad people I知 a victim I知 a victim fuck the Jews I知 a victim I知 victim I知 a victim I知 a...

Everyone else: Wait, what was that fuck the Jews thing you just...

Huey: Look at these vultures ignoring my point!

(Repeat for 1000 years)
Great...now I have "Everything is racist!" to the tune of "Everything is Awesome" stuck in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
Thots?
And prayers.
  #383  
Old 01-21-2019, 07:39 AM
running coach's Avatar
running coach running coach is offline
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 36,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Great...now I have "Everything is racist!" to the tune of "Everything is Awesome" stuck in my head.

And prayers.
"Thots and players".
  #384  
Old 01-21-2019, 07:55 AM
Elmore Elmore is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Great...now I have "Everything is racist!" to the tune of "Everything is Awesome" stuck in my head.
Well, if it makes you feel better now I do too
  #385  
Old 01-21-2019, 08:29 AM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Luther King, Jr.
Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline.
QFT
  #386  
Old 01-21-2019, 08:55 AM
Left Hand of Dorkness's Avatar
Left Hand of Dorkness Left Hand of Dorkness is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: at the right hand of cool
Posts: 40,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by WernhamHogg View Post
QFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLK
First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."
Quoting a single line from MLK to try to show up a black radical is a shitty use of the man's legacy. It's not quite Mike Pence "MLK would support a border wall" level of shitty, but it's still pretty shitty.
  #387  
Old 01-21-2019, 09:22 AM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
Huey attacks people's (non-white) wives and children on a message board. If you think that's not exactly the kind of bitterness King was talking about, please tell me what he was talking about.
  #388  
Old 01-21-2019, 09:26 AM
Left Hand of Dorkness's Avatar
Left Hand of Dorkness Left Hand of Dorkness is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: at the right hand of cool
Posts: 40,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by WernhamHogg View Post
Huey attacks people's (non-white) wives and children on a message board. If you think that's not exactly the kind of bitterness King was talking about, please tell me what he was talking about.
Oh, I think his nasty comments about folks' families are bullshit. But MLK isn't a finger to wag at black people.

Last edited by Left Hand of Dorkness; 01-21-2019 at 09:26 AM.
  #389  
Old 01-21-2019, 09:34 AM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
"Finger wag" is more your thing. I was using words of wisdom to make somebody think, which MLK did himself.
  #390  
Old 01-21-2019, 09:35 AM
Budget Player Cadet's Avatar
Budget Player Cadet Budget Player Cadet is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by WernhamHogg View Post
"Finger wag" is more your thing. I was using words of wisdom to make somebody think, which MLK did himself.
Yeah... It's still not a good look.
  #391  
Old 01-21-2019, 09:49 AM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
I was not trying to make a cheap shot. I thought it was smart and applied, articulated something I had wanted to say but was succinct and clear and coming from someone we all respect. I'll try to live up to it instead of continuing this pissing contest. Have a good day.

Last edited by WernhamHogg; 01-21-2019 at 09:49 AM.
  #392  
Old 01-21-2019, 11:39 AM
pool pool is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Inside
Posts: 4,227
Quote:
There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.
-Booker T Washington, a guy who was a former slave, what a very prescient quote, given the time period, perfectly applies to good Ol' Huey The only shame is he isn't making any money from it, just Doritos-stained fingers.
__________________
"You can do anything you set your mind to...But money helps"

Last edited by pool; 01-21-2019 at 11:40 AM.
  #393  
Old 01-21-2019, 01:02 PM
WernhamHogg WernhamHogg is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Slough
Posts: 1,098
Booker T Washington hasn't aged well, has he? I was reading a book recently about reform schools for black youth that he started (I can't remember how heavy a hand he had in them), but the mission of the schools felt very paternalistic, something white people would have come up with. As with King, it was a matter of tailoring his words and actions to appeal to white progressives I guess.

I am sorry I quoted King here; it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I have been trying the right way to express my concern about Huey's rhetoric without sounding like I'm someone with an "All Lives Matter" bumper sticker and felt that echoed my thoughts nicely. It went over like a lead balloon.

I do wish this wasn't the pit because it doesn't require anyone to be reasonable and leads people to think that all discussion is poo-flinging.
  #394  
Old 01-21-2019, 01:09 PM
octopus's Avatar
octopus octopus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
Oh, I think his nasty comments about folks' families are bullshit. But MLK isn't a finger to wag at black people.
The double-standards are strong in this one!
  #395  
Old 01-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Alessan's Avatar
Alessan Alessan is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tel Aviv
Posts: 23,871
If you wouln’t quote Dr. King to a white guy, don’t quote him to a black guy.
  #396  
Old 01-21-2019, 02:15 PM
octopus's Avatar
octopus octopus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
If you wouln’t quote Dr. King to a white guy, don’t quote him to a black guy.
Or use whatever quote is appropriate for the situation regardless of skin color, gender, or if one is a furry.

Last edited by octopus; 01-21-2019 at 02:15 PM.
  #397  
Old 01-21-2019, 02:28 PM
Left Hand of Dorkness's Avatar
Left Hand of Dorkness Left Hand of Dorkness is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: at the right hand of cool
Posts: 40,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
The double-standards are strong in this one!
Scene: Doc Octopus's office.

Doc Oc: I'm afraid to tell you that you have cancer. ChemTex has been leaking carcinogens into your well water for the past fifty years.
Patient: Oh my god! Will you operate?
Doc Oc: Unfortunately, we don't have the funds to perform surgery on everyone on earth.
Patient: But not everyone has cancer.
Doc Oc: So you think that you should get an operation, but other people shouldn't? I'm sorry, but I believe in treating everyone the same. It's too bad that you want me to have a double standard.
  #398  
Old 01-21-2019, 02:32 PM
octopus's Avatar
octopus octopus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
Scene: Doc Octopus's office.

Doc Oc: I'm afraid to tell you that you have cancer. ChemTex has been leaking carcinogens into your well water for the past fifty years.
Patient: Oh my god! Will you operate?
Doc Oc: Unfortunately, we don't have the funds to perform surgery on everyone on earth.
Patient: But not everyone has cancer.
Doc Oc: So you think that you should get an operation, but other people shouldn't? I'm sorry, but I believe in treating everyone the same. It's too bad that you want me to have a double standard.
Do you honestly think that race, gender, w/e classification is a better variable than socio-economic class to use for preferential treatment?
  #399  
Old 01-21-2019, 02:40 PM
Left Hand of Dorkness's Avatar
Left Hand of Dorkness Left Hand of Dorkness is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: at the right hand of cool
Posts: 40,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Do you honestly think that race, gender, w/e classification is a better variable than socio-economic class to use for preferential treatment?
I think the question is predicated on the incorrect assumption that we can only use one. We are better acknowledging complexity than being reductivist.
  #400  
Old 01-21-2019, 02:51 PM
octopus's Avatar
octopus octopus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
I think the question is predicated on the incorrect assumption that we can only use one. We are better acknowledging complexity than being reductivist.
I think the real issue is that having quantifiable metrics takes away many tools that the Democrats use to exploit the populace. Furthermore, treating people as equals and holding people to same standards neuters the Dems ability to use language as a bludgeon.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright ゥ 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017