Old 10-12-2019, 08:39 PM

Some fairly obvious trolling from Tim R. Morris. His post has nothing at all to do with the thread topic, which is about the problems the Trump administration has had. He's just delighting in being able to slip in an attack on Democrats in a thread where people had mentioned how bad Trump is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. Mortiss View Post
Well I'm loving it. Just watched the Trump rally in Louisiana on TV. I actually stood up and cheered when Trump made this very un-Presidential statement:
"The radical Democrat's policies are crazy, their politicians are corrupt, their candidates are terrible, and they know they can't win on election day, so they're pursuing an illegal, invalid, and unconstitutional bullshit impeachment."
I just gotta love that kind of no-holds-barred honesty. How many elected officials have the balls to call "bullshit" when they see it?
I'll be very honest--it's really hard for me think the guy is legit in general, because normal people don't act like he does. But, at the very least, this is some obvious trolling.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:50 PM

Literally anything you fools disagree with and don’t like is “trolling”.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:03 PM

Shut up, short eyes.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
Literally anything you fools disagree with and don’t like is “trolling”.
You are literally wrong. I think people who like pineapple on pizza to be lowlife scumbag degenerates. But I don't think they're trolling.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Some fairly obvious trolling from Tim R. Morris. His post has nothing at all to do with the thread topic, which is about the problems the Trump administration has had. He's just delighting in being able to slip in an attack on Democrats in a thread where people had mentioned how bad Trump is.

I'll be very honest--it's really hard for me think the guy is legit in general, because normal people don't act like he does. But, at the very least, this is some obvious trolling.
This is the thing about Trump that his supporters call "telling it like it is". It has nothing to do with how "it is" in reality, but they love it anyway. It would be more honest for them to say that they support Trump because he "tells it like I want it to be".
Old 10-12-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
You are literally wrong. I think people who like pineapple on pizza to be lowlife scumbag degenerates. But I don't think they're trolling.
Watch what you say about my wife and her abominable taste in pizza toppings.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:27 PM

Relevant Pearls Before Swine.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:10 AM

A poster finally gains some insight into the nature of his brief window posting on this message board:

Quote:
...It it’s a sad and disturbing little social experiment going on that I have no doubt will be looked at in the future as a dark time in history.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
A poster finally gains some insight into the nature of his brief window posting on this message board:
I was being completely honest. Giving pre-pubescent children medication to block puberty and forever changing their physiology is appalling and severely disturbing.

I feel very confident that my opinion on the subject, if polled nationally, would be the mainstream.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I feel very confident that my opinion on the subject, if polled nationally, would be the mainstream.
Ah, appeals to popularity for the slam dunk? I feel very confident that my opinion of you as a sad, hateful little troll, if polled board-wide, would be in the mainstream. Fortunately for you and transgender people, appeals to popularity aren't very useful.

But one important difference - you have no evidence that your opinion has any basis in fact. I have extensive evidence that my opinion does.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
A moment's reflection on social progress throughout human history will tell you that this is evidence that you are almost certainly on the wrong side of this. We didn't need activism to (for example) abolish slavery or enfranchise women because the majority mainstream view was the right one.

Last edited by Riemann; 10-15-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
{...} Giving pre-pubescent children medication to block puberty and forever changing their physiology is appalling and severely disturbing.

Good for you!

Problem is, we don't decide what is and what isn't proper medical care by the national polling of folks like you.

CMC fnord!
Old 10-16-2019, 10:27 PM

Let's see, 1st post, wall o text, about very personal stuff....yep, I'm thinking troll.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=883758
Old 10-17-2019, 05:00 AM

When did we become "Dear Abby"? Never ask random strangers on the internet for relationship advice.

But yeah - lots of red flags there, based on previous board experience.