Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #10351  
Old 10-12-2019, 08:39 PM
BigT's Avatar
BigT is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: "Hicksville", Ark.
Posts: 36,592
Some fairly obvious trolling from Tim R. Morris. His post has nothing at all to do with the thread topic, which is about the problems the Trump administration has had. He's just delighting in being able to slip in an attack on Democrats in a thread where people had mentioned how bad Trump is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. Mortiss View Post
Well I'm loving it. Just watched the Trump rally in Louisiana on TV. I actually stood up and cheered when Trump made this very un-Presidential statement:
"The radical Democrat's policies are crazy, their politicians are corrupt, their candidates are terrible, and they know they can't win on election day, so they're pursuing an illegal, invalid, and unconstitutional bullshit impeachment."
I just gotta love that kind of no-holds-barred honesty. How many elected officials have the balls to call "bullshit" when they see it?
I'll be very honest--it's really hard for me think the guy is legit in general, because normal people don't act like he does. But, at the very least, this is some obvious trolling.
  #10352  
Old 10-12-2019, 08:50 PM
Annoyed is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 339
Literally anything you fools disagree with and don’t like is “trolling”.
  #10353  
Old 10-12-2019, 09:03 PM
Blank Slate's Avatar
Blank Slate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,470
Shut up, short eyes.
  #10354  
Old 10-12-2019, 09:06 PM
snfaulkner's Avatar
snfaulkner is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 8,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
Literally anything you fools disagree with and don’t like is “trolling”.
You are literally wrong. I think people who like pineapple on pizza to be lowlife scumbag degenerates. But I don't think they're trolling.
__________________
It may be because I'm a drooling simpleton with the attention span of a demented gnat, but would you mind explaining everything in words of one syllable. 140 chars max.
  #10355  
Old 10-12-2019, 09:23 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 9,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Some fairly obvious trolling from Tim R. Morris. His post has nothing at all to do with the thread topic, which is about the problems the Trump administration has had. He's just delighting in being able to slip in an attack on Democrats in a thread where people had mentioned how bad Trump is.



I'll be very honest--it's really hard for me think the guy is legit in general, because normal people don't act like he does. But, at the very least, this is some obvious trolling.
This is the thing about Trump that his supporters call "telling it like it is". It has nothing to do with how "it is" in reality, but they love it anyway. It would be more honest for them to say that they support Trump because he "tells it like I want it to be".
  #10356  
Old 10-12-2019, 09:43 PM
Atamasama's Avatar
Atamasama is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
You are literally wrong. I think people who like pineapple on pizza to be lowlife scumbag degenerates. But I don't think they're trolling.
Watch what you say about my wife and her abominable taste in pizza toppings.
  #10357  
Old 10-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 27,526
Relevant Pearls Before Swine.
  #10358  
Old 10-15-2019, 04:10 AM
Riemann's Avatar
Riemann is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Santa Fe, NM, USA
Posts: 7,663
A poster finally gains some insight into the nature of his brief window posting on this message board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
...It it’s a sad and disturbing little social experiment going on that I have no doubt will be looked at in the future as a dark time in history.
  #10359  
Old 10-15-2019, 04:33 AM
Annoyed is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
A poster finally gains some insight into the nature of his brief window posting on this message board:
I was being completely honest. Giving pre-pubescent children medication to block puberty and forever changing their physiology is appalling and severely disturbing.

I feel very confident that my opinion on the subject, if polled nationally, would be the mainstream.
  #10360  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:29 AM
TroutMan's Avatar
TroutMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 4,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
I feel very confident that my opinion on the subject, if polled nationally, would be the mainstream.
Ah, appeals to popularity for the slam dunk? I feel very confident that my opinion of you as a sad, hateful little troll, if polled board-wide, would be in the mainstream. Fortunately for you and transgender people, appeals to popularity aren't very useful.

But one important difference - you have no evidence that your opinion has any basis in fact. I have extensive evidence that my opinion does.
  #10361  
Old 10-15-2019, 09:38 PM
Riemann's Avatar
Riemann is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Santa Fe, NM, USA
Posts: 7,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
I feel very confident that my opinion on the subject, if polled nationally, would be the mainstream.
A moment's reflection on social progress throughout human history will tell you that this is evidence that you are almost certainly on the wrong side of this. We didn't need activism to (for example) abolish slavery or enfranchise women because the majority mainstream view was the right one.

Last edited by Riemann; 10-15-2019 at 09:41 PM.
  #10362  
Old 10-16-2019, 01:00 PM
crowmanyclouds's Avatar
crowmanyclouds is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ... hiding in my room ...
Posts: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
{...} Giving pre-pubescent children medication to block puberty and forever changing their physiology is appalling and severely disturbing.

I feel very confident that my opinion on the subject, if polled nationally, would be the mainstream.
Good for you!

Problem is, we don't decide what is and what isn't proper medical care by the national polling of folks like you.

CMC fnord!
  #10363  
Old 10-16-2019, 10:27 PM
snfaulkner's Avatar
snfaulkner is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 8,128
Let's see, 1st post, wall o text, about very personal stuff....yep, I'm thinking troll.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=883758
__________________
It may be because I'm a drooling simpleton with the attention span of a demented gnat, but would you mind explaining everything in words of one syllable. 140 chars max.
  #10364  
Old 10-17-2019, 05:00 AM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,824
When did we become "Dear Abby"? Never ask random strangers on the internet for relationship advice.

But yeah - lots of red flags there, based on previous board experience.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017