Old 02-21-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Tightlips View Post
I'm surprised to hear some of you saw smoke! My doc draped one of those surgical curtains over my waist so I couldn't see even if I wanted to. It was over before I even knew what was going on. I'm sure it probably took 5 to 10 minutes but really felt more like 30 seconds.
I couldn't see what was going on, but he cauterized something, and the wisp of smoke rose up like 2-3 feet above my crotch, so there was no missing it.

All in all, it was pretty much a non-issue. One little (< 1/4") hole in my sac that he glued shut with some kind of medical adhesive, and that was it. Saturday and Sunday taking it easy with ice packs, and I was back at work on Monday morning.

The most disconcerting thing about the whole process was after "cleaning the pipes", and I saw some blood. I had been warned, but it was still a bit unnerving.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bump View Post
I couldn't see what was going on, but he cauterized something, and the wisp of smoke rose up like 2-3 feet above my crotch, so there was no missing it.

All in all, it was pretty much a non-issue. One little (< 1/4") hole in my sac that he glued shut with some kind of medical adhesive, and that was it. Saturday and Sunday taking it easy with ice packs, and I was back at work on Monday morning.

The most disconcerting thing about the whole process was after "cleaning the pipes", and I saw some blood. I had been warned, but it was still a bit unnerving.
I never saw any blood...having been warned sufficiently, I was actually a little disappointed that I didn't get to see that.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:23 AM

Oy! The blood! Be glad Tall guy, that you didn't, it is, as Bump said, unnerving, yes, and startling too. I'd been warned, but hell who remembers that stuff when you've just had your junk worked on and your all calmed out from the valium iv? I uh, gave a loud short high pitched utterance of surprise when doing the "final house cleaning" after the procedure and saw the blood. Not just a little either. Stuff of nightmares and horror movies levels of blood in my case.

Last edited by DorkVader; 02-23-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
TMI: Doc told me I have a "short scrotum". Didn't mean anything to me as it's the only one I've ever known. Until the procedure where the nurse had to pull on my nuts the whole time to give him room to cut/tie/burn/suture. It was extremely unpleasant.
My doc decided I had a "tight scrotum" and put me under for the procedure. Means I missed any smoke or small talk with the doctor so I'm okay with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Cat View Post
For those who have had it done, why do you consider the fairly severe, one-off inconvenience of having it done preferable to the small, regular inconvenience of using contraception?
Because having it done is now just a story from eight years ago whereas having to use contraception would still be an every time thing.