Old Yesterday, 02:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool View Post
Yeah Antifa only inspires people to shoot up bars and kill their sister. I absolutely agree that alt-right, and white supremacists can inspire people to violence but I don't think it's fair to say it can't go the other way as well. Antifa is a rather new and unique movement I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they do have active members, or inspire other lone nuts to commit violence, it's probably inevitable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post
Well, if that is the case then you have to have a cite about where that "Antifa only inspires people to shoot up bars and kill their sister" say so comes from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
pool is referencing the Dayton shooter, who was apparently supportive of Elizabeth Warren, Antifa and other Lefty-type stuff. Because, you know, the Dayton shooting was obviously politically motivated and inspired by the violent left.

( )
I know, I was wondering where he pulled that from (his ass is one possibility or the ass of his sources) when the latest I know is that the authorities are still investigating the motive.

Last edited by GIGObuster; Yesterday at 02:17 AM.
Old Yesterday, 04:30 AM

The key things you need to know about this story, and why it keeps happening again and again, are as follows:

Quote:
Oh, was the second, bearded man that got hit with a crowbar who appeared to be trying to break it up an aggressor as well or just a casualty?
Honestly, I don't know. What I do know is that you took this blurry video as evidence of "ANTIFA VIOLINS!!1" without spending even five minutes to look for context. Self-defense is not the same thing as aggression, and John Blum was a neo-nazi with a weapon who went looking for a fight and got one. Then, immediately, his neo-nazi buddies took it out of context in an attempt to make him look like an innocent victim. That should give you pause - the fact that you have already been conned by this bullshit propaganda campaign once should make you slow down and say, "Whoa, what else are these people lying to me about?"

Here's another example. From the rally today, the story going around the right-wing mediasphere is that antifa hit a "patriot" with a hammer.

https://twitter.com/Chadwick_Moore/s...44575242891264

Except...

https://twitter.com/BelowStudent/sta...19216489648130

Whoops, the dude was hit with his own hammer, and he came out swinging first.

And we know full well this is a psyop. We have receipts! These protestors are planning for violence. Then, when they bring violence to Portland's streets again and again and again and get some pushback from people who are a little sick of neo-nazis being bussed in from out of town to start riots, they immediately play the victim. The John Blum case is just the most obvious example of a long-standing trend in neo-nazi propaganda - start a fight, lose a fight, claim to be victimized by antifa. And if the reporting on this was anywhere near honest or accurate, we wouldn't be having these problems.

We know all of this not because of actual mainstream reporters, but largely because of on-the-ground antifascist activists who are trying to protect their city and expose the neo-nazis behind the violence.

Joey Gibson, head of Patriot Prayer, has been indicted for felony rioting. When the actual evidence shakes out, we get a much better picture of what's going on.

Any news outlet framing this as "Antifa, right-wing groups clash" is doing their readers a disservice. Any news outlet framing this as "Antifa attack patriots" is a propaganda network intentionally lying to you. Any person pushing a both-sides narrative is either a fool or trying to fool you. We are dealing with fascists. What's the first thing you should know about fascists? "Fascists always lie".

I don't have good odds on whether pool is misinformed or misinforming, and ultimately, I don't really care. He's going to bat for fascists against antifascists. I shouldn't have to explain what's wrong with that.

Last edited by Budget Player Cadet; Yesterday at 04:32 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Yeah Antifa only inspires people to shoot up bars and kill their sister. I absolutely agree that alt-right, and white supremacists can inspire people to violence but I don't think it's fair to say it can't go the other way as well. Antifa is a rather new and unique movement I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they do have active members, or inspire other lone nuts to commit violence, it's probably inevitable.
Show me where the Dayton shooter was inspired by antifa? There's no evidence at all that the shooting was in any way politically motivated - most of the victims were black and his murdered sister had transitioned, so it's not likely that he was targeting people wearing MAGA hats. Besides, the guy was already a fairly well established psychopath irrespective of his Bernie Sanders leanings. Nobody on the left ever claimed that the left doesn't have violent lunatics among them. What I'm pointing out is that the groups like Proud Boys - and they're admittedly mild compared to some - are radicalizing right wing nutjobs online to go out and commit right wing-oriented political violence. Antifa basically exists to confront groups like Proud Boys whenever they protest, but they're otherwise quiet.
Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
The key things you need to know about this story, and why it keeps happening again and again, are as follows:
What everyone needs to understand about these groups is how they are using the internet to radicalize this country's white conservative population. White pride isn't something that's confined to Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama; we're seeing that these groups are highly active in places like Oregon, Washington (state), Northern California, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Missouri, and Maryland.

Chances are, these extremists are right in your backyard. They're your neighbors, your co-workers, your bartenders, your coal mine blasters, and your police officers, and you wouldn't necessarily know it by looking at them. They're just there. Online. Getting radicalized. There's a good article or two out there about how YouTube radicalized Brazil, and I have no doubt the same thing is happening here now.

Last edited by asahi; Yesterday at 06:58 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I don't have good odds on whether pool is misinformed or misinforming, and ultimately, I don't really care. He's going to bat for fascists against antifascists. I shouldn't have to explain what's wrong with that.
I take it back. I think this is a pretty good indicator that pool is actively part of the problem.

Quote:
I think my favorite part of this is the claim that a movement that has been around since the 1930s and has spawned countless largely unconnected offshoots is somehow "new" or "unique".
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Yes a pay per view fight between extremists would be good but hey wait a few years and you will see it for free.

Now, the rest of that post conveys a lack of understanding of how concentrated power would become in the land owners and their mercenaries. We’d be back to the days of warlords without a properly functioning state.
Yes much better to concentrate power in the hands of the state.
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM

OK, I've had enough! Lizzie and Bernie have radicalized my ass, I want to bash some Fascists! So, who do I call to get with Antifas? When Darth Shit-for-Brains declares Antifas a domesticated terrist group, how are the FBI going to send in their informants? Who are they going to arrest first? Come to think on it, why haven't they already?
Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM

As long as the so-called president is getting his marching orders from Faux news and Stephen Miller, those are the entry points.
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
OK, I've had enough! Lizzie and Bernie have radicalized my ass, I want to bash some Fascists! So, who do I call to get with Antifas? When Darth Shit-for-Brains declares Antifas a domesticated terrist group, how are the FBI going to send in their informants? Who are they going to arrest first? Come to think on it, why haven't they already?
Simple, dial 1-800-ANT-IFAS
Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM

Relevant to the subject I mentioned above, fascist propaganda:

https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/s...72206147743744

This whole twitter thread is worth a read for anyone considering taking the "violent antifa" line seriously, anyone who trusts Andy Ngo to report on anything honestly, or anyone unsure on who the bad guys are here. The short version: Ngo reported on an "Antifa assault". In reality, the "American Guard Utah" members opened up the doors to their bus and came out swinging, and eventually got their shit pushed back into the bus. And that "poor victim"? He was the guy who came out swinging.

These people are not subtle. All it takes to figure out exactly how they're lying is to find more of the same tape. And fascists always lie.
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Relevant to the subject I mentioned above, fascist propaganda:

https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/s...72206147743744

This whole twitter thread is worth a read for anyone considering taking the "violent antifa" line seriously, anyone who trusts Andy Ngo to report on anything honestly, or anyone unsure on who the bad guys are here. The short version: Ngo reported on an "Antifa assault". In reality, the "American Guard Utah" members opened up the doors to their bus and came out swinging, and eventually got their shit pushed back into the bus. And that "poor victim"? He was the guy who came out swinging.

These people are not subtle. All it takes to figure out exactly how they're lying is to find more of the same tape. And fascists always lie.
I love how the alt-right narrative keeps trying to adapt as you go down the thread.

“They had to get out and fight! They were surrounded by super armed ANTIFA!!!!”

“Never mind that now, here are some scary ANTIFA!!! dressed in black and wearing masks!!!!”

“Never mind that, here some photos of the KKK who were once Democrats! Checkmate!”
Old Today, 07:35 AM

I must say Bravo to Portland.
They came in by the busload looking to provoke a fight. You didn't give it to them.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
Old Today, 07:56 AM

So did the white power assholes state even a pretend reason for the march? Did they have a pretend reason why they gathered in Portland?
Old Today, 09:08 AM

I'm sure they do, but why give legs to something that everybody recognizes to be a rationalization rather than a reason?
Old Today, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
So those who travelled to Oregon from other places to hold their rally there, what are they marching for? Do they have a platform, gripes? Don't tell me they're marching for free speech, or some other bullshit. What is the point of this march, what are they trying to say?
Quote:
Yeah, but what I meant was: What is their supposed legitimate reason? You know how at most protest marches there are people with signs? The signs usually state just what they want. "What do we want? This thing on my sign. When do we want it? Now."
That kind of thing. What is the so-called thing they are asking for? Are they not even pretending to have a purpose?
Quote:
So did the white power assholes state even a pretend reason for the march? Did they have a pretend reason why they gathered in Portland?
From the OP:
Quote:
Joe Biggs, organizer of Saturday’s rally, said the attack on Ngo made him decide to hold the event with the goal of getting antifa declared a domestic terrorist organization.
Old Today, 09:19 AM

Cool, thanks. They're not even pretending. I thought that there must have been some kind of misdirection somewhere, like on a permit or something. But nope.
Old Today, 01:47 PM

I think the worst thing about this whole debacle is that the Portland police chief is named Outlaw. That’s just damn confusing.