Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 12-21-2016, 07:44 AM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by drad dog View Post
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
"Trump is not afraid of his creditors, his creditors are afraid of him. And now that he's president, if he is anything near the despot in making that some people think he is, then his creditors have no fucking hold over him at all.

The banks that lend money to Trump's real estate deals do not lend money on faith. Real estate loans are usually secured and based on a pretty solid business plan. I doubt Trump has trouble raising money for a good project and like it or not, Trump's name on a project adds value. His name represents the lion's share of his wealth."

Yes I knew there was something really off here. Thanks Moocher.

The idea that trump is not vulnerable to threats of violence (or financial threats for that matter) is part of the same strong man meme we've seen, that's not going to end well. It's really nervy to come on like someone who voted against him and then spout this childish nonsense.
Are you fucking seriously entertaining the notion that POTUS can be blackmailed with threats of force against his family? By the Russian mob??? Are you fucking kidding me? How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you post retarded shit like this?

If the Russian mob could do this to Trump as Potus, wtf was keeping them from blackmailing Obama or the Clintons?

Stop being retarded, it undermines all liberals everywhere.
  #252  
Old 12-21-2016, 08:10 AM
Ludovic is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: America's Wing
Posts: 30,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Are you fucking seriously entertaining the notion that POTUS can be blackmailed with threats of force against his family? By the Russian mob???
It's more credible than thinking Russia could hit back at him by confiscating his Russian assets. Does he even have any Russian assets?
  #253  
Old 12-21-2016, 10:00 AM
dasmoocher is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post

What are you going to say in 2 or 3 years when it turns out that Trump ISN'T actually a Manchurian candidate in thrall to Putin?
What are you going to say when it turns out he is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Are you fucking seriously entertaining the notion that POTUS can be blackmailed with threats of force against his family? By the Russian mob??? Are you fucking kidding me? How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you post retarded shit like this?

If the Russian mob could do this to Trump as Potus, wtf was keeping them from blackmailing Obama or the Clintons?

Stop being retarded, it undermines all liberals everywhere.
Whoosh! Satire may be hard to recognize for the Trump supporter.
  #254  
Old 12-21-2016, 11:35 AM
drad dog is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,037
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi
"Trump is not afraid of his creditors, his creditors are afraid of him. And now that he's president, if he is anything near the despot in making that some people think he is, then his creditors have no fucking hold over him at all."

Who's being "retarded"?

Last edited by drad dog; 12-21-2016 at 11:36 AM.
  #255  
Old 12-21-2016, 02:56 PM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
What are you going to say when it turns out he is?
Same shit I would say if it turns out that Obama was actually a secret muslim born in Kenya.

Quote:
Whoosh! Satire may be hard to recognize for the Trump supporter.


Or perhaps its getting hard to distinguish from the retarded satire being peddled by liberals who are eager to die on every fucking hill from their actual opinions. Drad seems to have taken you at your word. That's why I responded to him and not to you. drad is retarded but you seem really eager to join him.

Last edited by Damuri Ajashi; 12-21-2016 at 02:59 PM.
  #256  
Old 12-21-2016, 02:58 PM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by drad dog View Post
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi
"Trump is not afraid of his creditors, his creditors are afraid of him. And now that he's president, if he is anything near the despot in making that some people think he is, then his creditors have no fucking hold over him at all."

Who's being "retarded"?
In this thread? I think its pretty clear that its you.

fucking Russian mob fer chrissake.
  #257  
Old 12-21-2016, 04:06 PM
drad dog is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
In this thread? I think its pretty clear that its you.

fucking Russian mob fer chrissake.
well ouch
  #258  
Old 12-22-2016, 07:21 AM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/l...122267984.html

I disagree with the folks who think this guy should get fired. He was told that there was a strict no gun policy by the corporate office. People say that he should have used common sense but if he is a hoplophobe with no exposure to guns then he has no frame of reference to say what makes sense and what doesn't in the context of guns. Reason and rationality is not something you can just naturally expect from a hoplophobe and to take away his livelihood because of his condition could be a violation of the ADA. Take him to the range and show him that guns are not like vials of anthrax made of nitroglycerin.
  #259  
Old 12-22-2016, 08:13 AM
Crotalus's Avatar
Crotalus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio
Posts: 6,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/l...122267984.html

I disagree with the folks who think this guy should get fired. He was told that there was a strict no gun policy by the corporate office. People say that he should have used common sense but if he is a hoplophobe with no exposure to guns then he has no frame of reference to say what makes sense and what doesn't in the context of guns. Reason and rationality is not something you can just naturally expect from a hoplophobe and to take away his livelihood because of his condition could be a violation of the ADA. Take him to the range and show him that guns are not like vials of anthrax made of nitroglycerin.
Wrong thread, perhaps?
  #260  
Old 12-22-2016, 08:23 AM
Defensive Indifference is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 7,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotalus View Post
Wrong thread, perhaps?
No, no, some shift manager misunderstood corporate policy at a big company. This may not be directly related to the Trump admin, but it deserves to be noticed! We need to be aware that police and hoplophiles are constantly persecuted, and every time some random schmo doesn't genuflect to the Warriors, that has to be posted everywhere! I mean. you might think this was some guy, probably a young person, who just didn't understand corporate policy. But, this is an affront to the second amendment. See! The Gun People are being repressed!!
  #261  
Old 12-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Morgenstern is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,866
President-elect Donald Trump tapped former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway as "counselor to the president," the presidential transition team announced Thursday morning.

I feel better, one dizzy blonde being counselled by another. Great things are coming to this country.

Last edited by Morgenstern; 12-22-2016 at 09:10 AM.
  #262  
Old 12-22-2016, 10:22 AM
elucidator is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 59,998
In his youth, Il Douche had brown hair, of the shade commonly known as "chestnut". It is not unusual for men to have their hair color change as they mature, but generally, that color is grey.

When did his become electric blond?
  #263  
Old 12-22-2016, 10:29 AM
crowmanyclouds's Avatar
crowmanyclouds is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ... hiding in my room ...
Posts: 4,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
In his youth, Il Douche had brown hair, of the shade commonly known as "chestnut". It is not unusual for men to have their hair color change as they mature, but generally, that color is grey.

When did his become electric blond?
Blond, well yellow, is the new blue!

CMC fnord!
  #264  
Old 12-22-2016, 10:43 AM
elucidator is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 59,998
Could be done, easily, I guess, if someone has the right 'puter archive chops. I doubt that any more than a few weeks have ever passed without a full color photo of Il Douche being published somewhere. So, we could easily have a visual representation of the gradual transition.

You know, like how some men start with just that little dab of grey at the temples, like Mitt Romney had for about fifteen years. In the case of Il Douche, it should be easy enough to see the progression from thick brown hair to wispy, delicate locks of electric blond.

Last edited by elucidator; 12-22-2016 at 10:45 AM.
  #265  
Old 12-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Defensive Indifference is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 7,107
Trump has released two new policy statements this morning. On Twitter. In the first, he said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump
Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase "DRAIN THE SWAMP" was no longer being used by me. Actually, we will always be trying to DTS.
That "someone" was Newt Gingrinch, who I thought had some role in the transition team. Anyway, I'm glad he's still committed to draining the swamp and not stocking his admin with lots of insiders and billionaires.

In a later policy statement, Trump wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump
The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes
This one I can't even find the strength to joke about. Trump is all over the place with "the nuclear". He says more countries should have nukes, he walks it back; he wonders why we can't use nukes more often; he says we need more nukes until the "world comes to its senses". What the fuck does that even mean? We're going to build up a nuclear arsenal to show everyone else that they shouldn't have one? We're going to "win" another arms race to show everyone they can't keep pace with our "nuclear"? Jesus, what the hell? This is insanity. We're entering a period of insanity, and we will be lucky to get out of it without a major bloodletting.

Last edited by Defensive Indifference; 12-22-2016 at 12:07 PM.
  #266  
Old 12-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Defensive Indifference is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 7,107
Facing an inability to get top talent to perform at his inauguration, Trump has reportedly offered booking agents cash and diplomatic appointments if they can convince any A-listers to perform. The Trump camp denies that it made such an offer. But really, does anyone think Trump is above that kind of deal making?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...s-inauguration
  #267  
Old 12-22-2016, 01:06 PM
dasmoocher is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
Facing an inability to get top talent to perform at his inauguration, Trump has reportedly offered booking agents cash and diplomatic appointments if they can convince any A-listers to perform. The Trump camp denies that it made such an offer. But really, does anyone think Trump is above that kind of deal making?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...s-inauguration
Is Chachi gonna be there?
  #268  
Old 12-22-2016, 01:08 PM
drad dog is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
Is Chachi gonna be there?
This could be good for him. Cause everyone wants to sing, and I imagine he has never had any public demand to do it. Opportunity knocks.
  #269  
Old 12-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotalus View Post
Wrong thread, perhaps?
Oops. I mean Department of Energy
  #270  
Old 12-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Mind's Eye, Watering is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump
Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase "DRAIN THE SWAMP" was no longer being used by me. Actually, we will always be trying to DTS.
All evidence to the contrary.

He knows that his fans are profoundly stupid.
  #271  
Old 12-22-2016, 02:45 PM
ThelmaLou's Avatar
ThelmaLou is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 16,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
Trump has released two new policy statements this morning. On Twitter. In the first, he said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump
Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase "DRAIN THE SWAMP" was no longer being used by me. Actually, we will always be trying to DTS.
That "someone" was Newt Gingrinch, who I thought had some role in the transition team....
Apparently, Newt did, too. Dang. Part of the Inner Circle one minute and on your ass in the alley behind the building the next. And reading about yourself on Twitter. THAT hurts the most.
  #272  
Old 12-22-2016, 06:39 PM
Der Trihs's Avatar
Der Trihs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
He says more countries should have nukes, he walks it back; he wonders why we can't use nukes more often; he says we need more nukes until the "world comes to its senses". What the fuck does that even mean?
Probably "We're gonna need more nukes to replace the ones I drop to show 'em who's the boss. Everybody'll do what they're told or burn."
  #273  
Old 12-22-2016, 06:47 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is offline
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 37,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Apparently, Newt did, too. Dang. Part of the Inner Circle one minute and on your ass in the alley behind the building the next. And reading about yourself on Twitter. THAT hurts the most.
"How dare you contradict something I say hours later!"
  #274  
Old 12-22-2016, 08:37 PM
dasmoocher is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Same shit I would say if it turns out that Obama was actually a secret muslim born in Kenya.





Or perhaps its getting hard to distinguish from the retarded satire being peddled by liberals who are eager to die on every fucking hill from their actual opinions. Drad seems to have taken you at your word. That's why I responded to him and not to you. drad is retarded but you seem really eager to join him.
Wrong! You're the retard! I'm no retard! You are!

See how that works as a debating tactic? Trump does.
  #275  
Old 12-23-2016, 09:15 AM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by drad dog View Post
well ouch
Is not a permanent condition. We all have brain farts but just think about the notion that the Russian mob is going to blackmail POTUS. I understand trump is fucking horrible but some of the shit flying around ours so over the top its almost parody.
  #276  
Old 12-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
Wrong! You're the retard! I'm no retard! You are!

See how that works as a debating tactic? Trump does.
You say it was satire that I didn't understand because I call out a poster that took your satire seriously? You may want to work your way through that logic again.
  #277  
Old 12-23-2016, 09:27 AM
Morgenstern is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
... We all have brain farts but just think about the notion that the Russian mob is going to blackmail POTUS. I understand trump is fucking horrible ...
Go read this book.
https://www.amazon.com/Through-Eyes-.../dp/0895263904
  #278  
Old 12-23-2016, 11:19 AM
Steve MB is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 13,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
Facing an inability to get top talent to perform at his inauguration, Trump has reportedly offered booking agents cash and diplomatic appointments if they can convince any A-listers to perform.
I don't see how he can offer diplomatic appointments -- he can't deliver them prior to the inauguration, and nobody with two functioning brain cells would accept an IOU from him.
__________________
The Internet: Nobody knows if you're a dog. Everybody knows if you're a jackass.
  #279  
Old 12-23-2016, 11:30 AM
ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 50,109
There's always Scott Baio.
  #280  
Old 12-23-2016, 11:36 AM
elucidator is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 59,998
Yes, there always is.
  #281  
Old 12-23-2016, 12:39 PM
drad dog is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
You say it was satire that I didn't understand because I call out a poster that took your satire seriously? You may want to work your way through that logic again.
Dasmoocher posted:
"Trump owes millions to Russians overseas and the Russian mob is there to enforce collection, if they are not the lenders directly. New York City construction? I'm sure he had interactions on some level. Maybe Trump is afraid of his creditors when it's the Russian mob and they tell him they'll be putting bullets in his children's heads if he doesn't make good.

How does he make good? By getting elected and by being Putin's bitch and getting the Syrian economic sanctions removed so ExxonMobile and Russia can make billions together.

And, as a bonus, appointing anti-global warming deniers to key positions will just open the Arctic to drilling as fast as possible!"

_______________
I was responding to the parts of the post that have become true as of recently or can reasonably be inferred from the way donald deals with all disclosure requests.

If that's retarded ok. ouch.

You on the other hand keep saying that everything is because hillary bad. If people agree with you that she was not a good candidate you say "No. You don't think she was bad enough. " And you repeat it over and over and over. You cannot stop yourself, and there is no subtlety in it.

Racism? not a problem because Hillary was sooooo bad!"

Demographics, economics, empire problems, authoritarianism, strong men over the world? "No nonooooh. Hillary baaaaad!"

In what way does this address any problem at all? You mean you are going to save us from nominating Hillary in 2020? Brilliant. That's the only problem you are thinking about? Thanks for the tip, o master of hindsight.

And you scold everyone because they are looking around them instead of having their head up their ass.

You're either autism spectrum or just a real schmuck.

Also you must have voted republican and supported the kind of shit they've been shoveling for 40 years. Which makes you supremely qualified to say what exactly?

Last edited by drad dog; 12-23-2016 at 12:39 PM.
  #282  
Old 12-23-2016, 01:03 PM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
It's more credible than thinking Russia could hit back at him by confiscating his Russian assets. Does he even have any Russian assets?
He probably gets royalties for the use of his name on some buildings in moscow. Moscow was THE in city for a while. Then Putin stomped on the Oligarchs and said "that's not yours, that belongs to the people of Russia, I'm just going to hold it for them until they need it.
  #283  
Old 12-23-2016, 01:54 PM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
Really? Cuz I read the reviews and they all seemed like conspiracy therorists.

The notion that the Russian mob could blackmail the POTUS is a pretty extraordinary claim and requires some extraordinary evidence. Certainly more than "ummm, maybe Russia will control Trump by having the Russian mafia threaten his family"
  #284  
Old 12-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Morgenstern is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Really? Cuz I read the reviews and they all seemed like conspiracy therorists.

The notion that the Russian mob could blackmail the POTUS is a pretty extraordinary claim and requires some extraordinary evidence. Certainly more than "ummm, maybe Russia will control Trump by having the Russian mafia threaten his family"

Through the Eyes of the Enemy is more than the autobiography of a highly skilled intelligence operative and defector; it is a "debriefing" on the new cold war being waged by the Russian mafia against American corporations. Lunev portrays organized crime as the only authority in modern Russia, and asserts that this element has infiltrated every level of American private and corporate life. He provides chilling details of seismic weapons, mass-scale corporate espionage, and deep-cover death squads. Through the Eyes of the Enemy could be dismissed as fantastic paranoid ravings were the source not so credible and the ramifications not so severe. --Brendan J. LaSalle

I really have no proof either way, and if I did, I probably couldn't talk about it. A wise man would assume there's truth in there, somewhere, and armor up. Trump will call it a good book and think it's a book about eye surgery.

Last edited by Morgenstern; 12-23-2016 at 02:15 PM.
  #285  
Old 12-23-2016, 02:53 PM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by drad dog View Post
Dasmoocher posted:
"Trump owes millions to Russians overseas and the Russian mob is there to enforce collection, if they are not the lenders directly. New York City construction? I'm sure he had interactions on some level. Maybe Trump is afraid of his creditors when it's the Russian mob and they tell him they'll be putting bullets in his children's heads if he doesn't make good.

How does he make good? By getting elected and by being Putin's bitch and getting the Syrian economic sanctions removed so ExxonMobile and Russia can make billions together.

And, as a bonus, appointing anti-global warming deniers to key positions will just open the Arctic to drilling as fast as possible!"

_______________
I was responding to the parts of the post that have become true as of recently or can reasonably be inferred from the way donald deals with all disclosure requests.

If that's retarded ok. ouch.
I thought you were saying that Trump would be susceptible to threats of violence from the Russian mob when you said in post 247: The idea that trump is not vulnerable to threats of violence (or financial threats for that matter) is part of the same strong man meme we've seen, that's not going to end well. It's really nervy to come on like someone who voted against him and then spout this childish nonsense."

Quote:
You on the other hand keep saying that everything is because hillary bad. If people agree with you that she was not a good candidate you say "No. You don't think she was bad enough. " And you repeat it over and over and over. You cannot stop yourself, and there is no subtlety in it.
I only do that with people who try to deflect blame away from Hillary.

Quote:
Racism? not a problem because Hillary was sooooo bad!"
Do you really think that a candidate is helped more than he is hurt in a general election by the endorsement of the KKK, David Duke, and Stormfront.com? He didn't win because of the racism. He won in spite of the racism. People were willing to overlook the racism because Hillary was such a bad candidate.

If you want to damn them for that then you are free to do so and you are also free to keep losing election by pretending that these voters should be ignored as racists but please go do it in another party.

Quote:
Demographics, economics, empire problems, authoritarianism, strong men over the world? "No nonooooh. Hillary baaaaad!"
I thought Demographics worked in favor of Democrats.

Quote:
In what way does this address any problem at all? You mean you are going to save us from nominating Hillary in 2020? Brilliant. That's the only problem you are thinking about? Thanks for the tip, o master of hindsight.
Not just Hillary. No more nominating the person with the most connections within the Democratic party. No more dynasties. No more nominating someone because its their turn or because its time for a woman or a hispanic or an Asian or an LGBT. If the best candidate is an old white socialist male, then so be it.

No more accusing someone of racism or sexism because they don't support your candidate. If you ever-called someone a Bernie Bro, then you are part of the problem. If you accused women of supporting Bernie because that's where all the cute boys are then you are part of the problem. If you ever called women who didn't support Hillary traitors to their gender, then you are part of the problem.

Quote:
And you scold everyone because they are looking around them instead of having their head up their ass.
I thought I was scolding them because THEY had their head up their ass.

Quote:
You're either autism spectrum or just a real schmuck.
Well, we're all Schmucks from time to time. Sorry if I hurt your feewings.

Quote:
Also you must have voted republican and supported the kind of shit they've been shoveling for 40 years. Which makes you supremely qualified to say what exactly?
I was what you would call a swing voter until 2000. I voted for Gore (the first time I voted for a Democratic candidate for POTUS and haven't voted for a Republican for any office since (mostly because of the invasion of Iraq).

If the Republicans put up a better candidate, i might have voted for them this time around.
  #286  
Old 12-23-2016, 02:55 PM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
Through the Eyes of the Enemy is more than the autobiography of a highly skilled intelligence operative and defector; it is a "debriefing" on the new cold war being waged by the Russian mafia against American corporations. Lunev portrays organized crime as the only authority in modern Russia, and asserts that this element has infiltrated every level of American private and corporate life. He provides chilling details of seismic weapons, mass-scale corporate espionage, and deep-cover death squads. Through the Eyes of the Enemy could be dismissed as fantastic paranoid ravings were the source not so credible and the ramifications not so severe. --Brendan J. LaSalle

I really have no proof either way, and if I did, I probably couldn't talk about it. A wise man would assume there's truth in there, somewhere, and armor up. Trump will call it a good book and think it's a book about eye surgery.
LOL
  #287  
Old 12-23-2016, 05:11 PM
asahi's Avatar
asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 10,585
Here's the bottom line: Donald Trump is a product of the American voter, and a majority of American voters are thicker than pig shit. America has a stupid problem. America is going to collapse internally because we are a society without virtues.
  #288  
Old 12-23-2016, 05:23 PM
drad dog is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
I thought you were saying that Trump would be susceptible to threats of violence from the Russian mob when you said in post 247: The idea that trump is not vulnerable to threats of violence (or financial threats for that matter) is part of the same strong man meme we've seen, that's not going to end well. It's really nervy to come on like someone who voted against him and then spout this childish nonsense."



I only do that with people who try to deflect blame away from Hillary.



Do you really think that a candidate is helped more than he is hurt in a general election by the endorsement of the KKK, David Duke, and Stormfront.com? He didn't win because of the racism. He won in spite of the racism. People were willing to overlook the racism because Hillary was such a bad candidate.

If you want to damn them for that then you are free to do so and you are also free to keep losing election by pretending that these voters should be ignored as racists but please go do it in another party.



I thought Demographics worked in favor of Democrats.



Not just Hillary. No more nominating the person with the most connections within the Democratic party. No more dynasties. No more nominating someone because its their turn or because its time for a woman or a hispanic or an Asian or an LGBT. If the best candidate is an old white socialist male, then so be it.

No more accusing someone of racism or sexism because they don't support your candidate. If you ever-called someone a Bernie Bro, then you are part of the problem. If you accused women of supporting Bernie because that's where all the cute boys are then you are part of the problem. If you ever called women who didn't support Hillary traitors to their gender, then you are part of the problem.



I thought I was scolding them because THEY had their head up their ass.



Well, we're all Schmucks from time to time. Sorry if I hurt your feewings.



I was what you would call a swing voter until 2000. I voted for Gore (the first time I voted for a Democratic candidate for POTUS and haven't voted for a Republican for any office since (mostly because of the invasion of Iraq).

If the Republicans put up a better candidate, i might have voted for them this time around.
Oh I'll be OK.

You must have posted 50 to 100 times about how bad a candidate hillary was. It must be 80 to 90% of what you do here. But there is no one on here who said she was a good one. There are not even 50 people on here who voted for her like you did. The numbers don't add up.

You are the intellectual version of a one issue voter. That's not good.

Anyway. I think it is naive to think don is not vulnerable, esp when he is allergic to the kind of disclosure that hillary for instance is ok with. The disclosure is key to avoiding conflicts of interest in our leaders. To soft soap this is dangerous. Violence extortion blackmail financial pressures...I don't plan ahead on these things. Donald is going for the "crazy man" philosophy of leadership you know. So of course you are going to know how this is going to play out before hand?

There are many kinds of demographics. One of them obviously put don the con in the electoral lead and the white house in 2016. In my post I was referring to any demographic realities that might be worth analyzing as a result of the election, not just long term ones.

I think when people "overlook racism" in a national election won by a conman, that is a good sign that we might need to examine racism in the wake of the event, and not overlook it in our analysis as you seem bound to do. I don't think anyone just "overlooks" racism. It's a big deal for a national candidate and a little of it goes a long way you know?

As a one time republican voter have you gotten used to overlooking racism?
  #289  
Old 12-23-2016, 05:32 PM
Trinopus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 22,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Here's the bottom line: Donald Trump is a product of the American voter, and a majority of American voters are thicker than pig shit. . . .
Yep. These are the people who, when you ask them about the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, say they like them, but when you ask them about "Obamacare" hate it and want it repealed.

These are the people who say, "Get your government hands off my Medicare."

Morons.
  #290  
Old 12-23-2016, 10:10 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,016
Chuck Todd thinks Trump will still be President 16 years from now.

So, not only violating the Constitution, but still being President at the age of 86.
  #291  
Old 12-25-2016, 01:21 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,016
Reince Priebus and the Republican Party compare Trump to Jesus.
  #292  
Old 12-25-2016, 02:34 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 29,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Well, like the article said Priebus has a way out by pointing out that "The New King" refers to Jesus again, not Trump, still I wonder if it was a bit of a Freudian slip when one remembers how evangelicals twisted themselves into pretzels to tell themselves to vote for Trump:

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/497531...ues-give-pause
Quote:
Paramount for him, he says, is preserving the freedom for him, his children and his grandchildren to express and practice their Christian faith in the United States without government interference. Toward that end, he wants the next president to appoint more conservative justices to the Supreme Court, something Trump has promised to do.

In his Bible-study group, Meyer stops short of discussing presidential politics, but he drops hints. "You know," he told his students in his recent class, "the Old Testament is full of situations where God used even evil men to accomplish his will."

Last edited by GIGObuster; 12-25-2016 at 02:35 PM.
  #293  
Old 12-25-2016, 02:50 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is offline
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 37,144
Jason "Tiny Face" Miller was recently named Trump's White House communications director, has stepped down after being accused of an affair with another transition official.
Quote:
Two days after his appointment as communications director was announced, Miller told POLITICO on Christmas Eve that he was stepping down because the White House job would be too demanding at a time when he needed to devote attention to his family. He and his wife are expecting their second child next month.
Ah, the classic code phrase.

Trump adopting same behavior he criticized Clinton for
Quote:
- Donald Trump spent the past two years attacking rival Hillary Clinton as crooked, corrupt, and weak.

But some of those attacks seem to have already slipped into the history books.

From installing Wall Street executives in his Cabinet to avoiding news conferences, the president-elect is adopting some of the same behavior for which he criticized Clinton during their fiery presidential campaign.

Here's a look at what Trump said then — and what he's doing now:
  #294  
Old 12-25-2016, 03:08 PM
Robot Arm is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 23,470
Quote:
Two days after his appointment as communications director was announced, Miller told POLITICO on Christmas Eve that he was stepping down because the White House job would be too demanding at a time when he needed to devote attention to his family. He and his wife are expecting their second child next month.
What a happy holiday season it must be for them, finding out that they're having another child. Obviously, he wouldn't have taken the job two days ago if they'd known.
  #295  
Old 12-25-2016, 03:12 PM
ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 50,109
I thought Trump's spokesman was John Miller, not Jason.
  #296  
Old 12-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Here's the bottom line: Donald Trump is a product of the American voter, and a majority of American voters are thicker than pig shit. America has a stupid problem. America is going to collapse internally because we are a society without virtues.
The WORLD has a stupid problem.

The UK voted for Brexit.

Korea is impeaching their first female president for letting a fortune teller tell her how to run the country (and skim billions from its coffers).

People still buy Apple products.

If we survive the next 4 years, Trump will probably go away. Brexit will not.
  #297  
Old 12-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by drad dog View Post
Oh I'll be OK.

You must have posted 50 to 100 times about how bad a candidate hillary was. It must be 80 to 90% of what you do here. But there is no one on here who said she was a good one. There are not even 50 people on here who voted for her like you did. The numbers don't add up.

You are the intellectual version of a one issue voter. That's not good.

Anyway. I think it is naive to think don is not vulnerable, esp when he is allergic to the kind of disclosure that hillary for instance is ok with. The disclosure is key to avoiding conflicts of interest in our leaders. To soft soap this is dangerous. Violence extortion blackmail financial pressures...I don't plan ahead on these things. Donald is going for the "crazy man" philosophy of leadership you know. So of course you are going to know how this is going to play out before hand?

There are many kinds of demographics. One of them obviously put don the con in the electoral lead and the white house in 2016. In my post I was referring to any demographic realities that might be worth analyzing as a result of the election, not just long term ones.

I think when people "overlook racism" in a national election won by a conman, that is a good sign that we might need to examine racism in the wake of the event, and not overlook it in our analysis as you seem bound to do. I don't think anyone just "overlooks" racism. It's a big deal for a national candidate and a little of it goes a long way you know?

As a one time republican voter have you gotten used to overlooking racism?
So you're not going to back away from "the russian mafia"? Hunh.

We have been "overlooking" racism in Republican politics for fucking decades.

I don't overlook racism but I'm a minority so racism seems more ominous to me that it does to white people who think its unfair and mean.
  #298  
Old 12-25-2016, 08:53 PM
drad dog is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
So you're not going to back away from "the russian mafia"? Hunh.

We have been "overlooking" racism in Republican politics for fucking decades.

I don't overlook racism but I'm a minority so racism seems more ominous to me that it does to white people who think its unfair and mean.
I can't understand your meaning: You admit that the Rs overlook racism.

You are overlooking racism and lashing out at those who cite it as a factor on the threads right here. So STOP. You just said it's wrong.

Because you are a minority that doesn't mean that you can't or don't overlook racism. You also may have covert bigotry against hillary for any number of reasons. I don't know you.
  #299  
Old 12-26-2016, 04:47 PM
asahi's Avatar
asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 10,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
The WORLD has a stupid problem.

The UK voted for Brexit.

Korea is impeaching their first female president for letting a fortune teller tell her how to run the country (and skim billions from its coffers).

People still buy Apple products.

If we survive the next 4 years, Trump will probably go away. Brexit will not.
QFT --good call.
  #300  
Old 12-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by drad dog View Post
I can't understand your meaning: You admit that the Rs overlook racism.

You are overlooking racism and lashing out at those who cite it as a factor on the threads right here. So STOP. You just said it's wrong.
You aren't thinking clearly. Or you are not expressing yourself well.

I think that Republicans realized a long time ago that they couldn't win elections without the racists. Other Republicans turned a blind eye to the racism in Republican campaigns because that was the only way they could get close enough to win from time to time. This is nothing new. Unless you want to blame every fucking Republican win since Nixon on racism, you are barking up the wrong tree. You are arguing that Trump was able to mobilize the racists more than Barack (product of miscegeny) Hussein Obama could. I find that proposition doubtful. And even if he could, you are then saying that Hillary was not able to overcome that higher participation rate from racists despite the obvious negative impact that blatant racism has had on every race since the civil rights movement.

Quote:
Because you are a minority that doesn't mean that you can't or don't overlook racism. You also may have covert bigotry against hillary for any number of reasons. I don't know you.
Of course minorities can be bigots. being a minority doesn't make you immune to bigotry. Just more sensitive to its presence.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017