Old 11-20-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Girlfriend View Post
I've heard Budapest on the radio a thousand times already but never knew what George Ezra looked like until I saw this post and googled him. Holy smokes, not what I expected at all!

And on edit, yes, I realized what I did there...
Which brings to mind Marc Broussard, singer of "Home"
Old 07-17-2019, 12:46 PM

I'm reanimating my zombie from 2015 because today I learned that the Climax Blues Band is a white British band and not a black southern one.

The Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nars Glinley View Post
I'm reanimating my zombie from 2015 because today I learned that the Climax Blues Band is a white British band and not a black southern one.
[/URL]
Along similar lines, just checking - The Average White Band - you know they were Scottish, right? Or does the name (partly) give it away?

j
Old 07-17-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treppenwitz View Post
Along similar lines, just checking - The Average White Band - you know they were Scottish, right? Or does the name (partly) give it away?

j
I knew they were white. Never would have guessed Scottish.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman_southpaw View Post
Christopher Cross. He looks more like a country music good-ol'-boy than a smooth yacht rocker.
LOL, I came here to post about him! When Sailing went to #1 in the U.S. and people, especially women were picturing this a dreamy hunk.Instead, when he first appeared on TV, everyone was talking about how much of a disappoint he was.

Eric Clapton. I absolutely admire the man's work (see my posts in the "Was Cream underrated?" thread), but he's such a no-chin dork! Luv ya Eric, but please always keep the beard!
Old 07-17-2019, 11:12 PM

Two Tons O' Fun / The Weather Girls. Okay their original name says it all, but they sang backup on a lot of disco hits and were always lip-synced by women much, much thinner they were in the music videos.

Paula Abdul. As my friend described her when the music video of "Straight Up" came out, "Good thing she's such a good dancer!"

Ellen Foley. Like everyone else, I thought that Karla DeVito was really that incredible voice on Paradise By the Dashbord Light.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:53 AM

Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy should look like John Popper of Blues Traveler. And vice versa. They must have stepped into The Fly teleporters and got scrambled.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Mama View Post
I totally agree with bup upstream. CharLEY Patton was a "creole" -- as was the great Little Walter.

So sayeth Atomic Mama.
Part Choctaw, as well
Old 07-18-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
Ellen Foley. Like everyone else, I thought that Karla DeVito was really that incredible voice on Paradise By the Dashbord Light.
I've been watching Night Court during lunch and Foley was just a mere slip of a girl even then, a decade after Meat Loaf.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:32 PM
Horrified Onlooker

I've liked Louie Armstrong since the 1960's, have seen bazillions of pictures and videos of him, and yet somehow had the impression he was a tall, beefy guy. About a month ago I was gobsmacked to find out he'd been a short man.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

I always associated Counting Crows with Sheryl Crow, thinking it was a female group. Until I googled to see who the guys were that covered Big Yellow Taxi.

And my jaw just dropped.

Last edited by Annie-Xmas; 07-19-2019 at 09:22 AM.