Old 08-25-2017, 09:22 PM

Sound Bar Compatibility

Hi

Is there a list and/or video that tells us which flat screen smart TV's match up with which soundbar and those one should not bother to purchase. Example: I haved a Philips TV, but I'm leery about buying a bar which may not be compatible with the television.

Thanks

Q
Old 08-26-2017, 03:26 PM

What do you mean by compatible? If yin mean "does it work" that's going to depend on which audio outputs your TV has and which inputs the sound bar has. That's easy to look up, although I doubt modern versions of each would be incompatible.

If you mean more specific things like "are the remotes compatible" that might be trickier. Our Samsung sound bar cannot be controlled by our Samsung TV remotes, which is annoying.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

Sound bars are agnostic. They don't care what brand TV they're sitting under. Just check that the sound bar can accept whatever kind of audio out connection your TV offers. Toslink (optical digital) is common, as well as HDMI and RCA jacks.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:06 PM

Old thread but chiming in since I just got my soundbar yesterday. Like gotpasswords said, they all have inputs for connectivity and wireless or bluetooth connectivity for music playback. Admittedly, it took me 3 soundbar articles and nearly an hour to fully understand that.