Old 02-24-2017, 07:23 AM

Stop giving Bannon so much credit.

Media talking heads and reporters have to stop painting that crypto-fascist as some sort of political mastermind. He's not fucking Darth Vader, nor is he the least bit scary in his ill fitting dingy black shirts and Old Navy khakhis. On his best day, he's a shit stirring bomb thrower who is only marginally more clever than the orange puppet at the end of his shit stained hand. That drunken asshole could not be more transparent than the empty bottle he crawls into every night.

Stop trying to make more of him than there really is. Stop it right the fuck now.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Charter Member

He's probably not a political mastermind. But he's only got to outthink Donald Trump.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Charter Member

You know who else was a shit stirring bomb thrower who is only marginally more clever than the orange puppet at the end of his shit stained hand?
Old 02-24-2017, 08:15 AM

Jim Henson?
Old 02-24-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
He's probably not a political mastermind. But he's only got to outthink Donald Trump.
That's a VERY low bar.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:26 AM

He propelled himself to basically be the most powerful person in the world, and did so through political trickery. He may not be all that smart, but he is powerful, and he is the guy in control. Every time Trump disgraces himself, Bannon only gets more powerful.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
You know who else was a shit stirring bomb thrower who is only marginally more clever than the orange puppet at the end of his shit stained hand?
No. No, I don't.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
The Human Ton and Handy, but green and roles reversed is closest I can think of.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:58 AM

There's a preview and transcript of Charlie Rose's interview with Bannon on 60 minutes.

I'm interested in seeing the full interview this Sunday in order to say "I told you so!". But in seeing the previews of this drunken sod, it's amazing to me that anyone is taking his incompetent buffoon seriously. He's nothing. He's got nothing. He says nothing worth hearing. He's every Austin Powers/Get Smart/Johnny English villain rolled into one. And not even the main one. He's the main villains incompetent and expendable henchman who dies with that sudden stupid look of realization on his face before exploding or being crushed in his own failed trap.

Bannon, you're almost as big a clown as your worthless orange puppet.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:33 AM

That must make him feel bad.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Drake View Post
That must make him feel bad.
You think so?... Maybe he'll stop crawling out of his bottle every morning.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:07 AM

Well, the thing is people in power, like Trump, ( and to some extent his erstwhile Svengali, although he buggered off back to Breitbart to continue the armed insurrection of words only from the mean streets, forced out by those mean old WASPs in the GOP, who have been engaged in a titanic struggle with the Breitbartians for the Soul of Donald Trump ), don't really care what is said about them by those not in power.

Whatever happens, we have got. The Maxim gun, and they have not.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Well, the thing is people in power, like Trump ... don't really care what is said about them by those not in power.
I have watched morning news programs covering live tweets from the Great Orange Menace in response to criticism of his competence.

If the GOM doesn't care about what's said about him, why does he need twice daily updates of how wonderful and handsome he is?

If the GOM isn't a thin skinned snowflake, why does he methodically block anyone posting a negative comment to his twitter account?

Oh, and I've noticed Bannon has decided to shower, shave and put on a little makeup to hide his deteriorating visage.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:47 AM

OK, I'll stop.

One down, 6,999,999,999 to go!
Old 09-09-2017, 11:56 AM

Beers on the wall...??
Old 09-09-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
If the GOM doesn't care about what's said about him, why does he need twice daily updates of how wonderful and handsome he is?

I think him fully capable of providing these reassurances in his tweets.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:15 PM

I don't know what makes you think that. He strikes me as weak and insecure.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
That's gotta be the lowest bar in the world. You CAN'T set the bar any lower than that.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
You think so?... Maybe he'll stop crawling out of his bottle every morning.
I keep hoping I will read a headline about Bannon suddenly dying because his liquor soaked liver exploded.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
That's gotta be the lowest bar in the world. You CAN'T set the bar any lower than that.
How about the ability to out-think Sarah Palin?

Did I win?
Old 09-11-2017, 07:53 PM

Nope. Still dumbest.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Charter Member

Praising (Palin) with faint...DAMN!
Old 12-13-2017, 07:54 AM

I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out (again) that Bannon, isn't so much the dark prince of politics as he a dark shit stain on its underwear.

Fuck you, Bannon, you loathsome drunken troll. Screw you and the horse your child molesting candidate rode in on.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:49 AM

Amen. Last night was a small beacon of hope for the 2018 elections.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Of course there are stupid calls of voter fraud. I guess that all the polls having Jones be behind shows that there was voter fraud to the morons. Of course they overlook the fact that Trump was behind in the polls heading into the federal election, but no fraud there.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Witt View Post
Of course there are stupid calls of voter fraud. I guess that all the polls having Jones be behind shows that there was voter fraud to the morons. Of course they overlook the fact that Trump was behind in the polls heading into the federal election, but no fraud there.
Massive Fraud! (in the states he lost)
Old 12-13-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out (again) that Bannon, isn't so much the dark prince of politics as he a dark shit stain on its underwear.

Fuck you, Bannon, you loathsome drunken troll. Screw you and the horse your child molesting candidate rode in on.
A-fucking-men!

It's time for Bannon to slink away with his bottle and never resurface. Go tend to your flock of dipshit sheep in the breitbart comments section. Say hi to Okra for us.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:

Anyone else catch the fact that the horse is a filly?
Old 12-13-2017, 09:23 AM

Bannon's done more for the Democrats in one year than the Dems have together.

In a way, I'm grateful for Bannon. It gave the alt-right an opportunity to see how government actually works from the inside, and exposed them to the complexities that exist outside their small sphere of thinking. Bannon's tenure showed them how their ideology just doesn't fucking work. America is losing opportunities that China and India have gleefully picked up, thanks to his isolationist creed. I doubt Bannon learned from this, but his influence has proved to be poisonous, so less people (who matter) will listen to him.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Well Is Best Revenge View Post
Amen. Last night was a small beacon of hope for the 2018 elections.
Not so as much as it was a giant message that even Republicans recognize shit when they see it.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:36 AM

By all means. Make him pay cash for everything. Just settling up his bar tab could be a major blow to his finances.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
]Screw you and the horse your child molesting candidate rode in on. [/URL]
Now, now, it's not poor Sassy's fault!
Old 12-13-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Jim Henson?
Crazy Harry, to be precise.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyTeddyFreddy View Post
Now, now, it's not poor Sassy's fault!
I don't know why people keep insisting on screwing horses. I hate that saying. But I agree on Bannon. The dude is gross and creepy and was an absentee deadbeat father.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Anyone else catch the fact that the horse is a filly?
Anyone else catch the fact that the horse is named for a teen girls' magazine?
Old 12-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Stop giving Bannon so much credit.
Media talking heads and reporters have to stop painting that crypto-fascist as some sort of political mastermind. . . .
A couple of the online mini-articles I've read make me suspect that some of them are doing it just to troll the President, who HATES it when journalists say he's being led.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:30 PM

Bannon specializes in breaking stuff, and it just so happened that there was a market for breaking stuff in 2016 and he had the perfect candidate to be his human wrecking ball. The question going forward is whether or not there is still a market for breaking stuff in 2018 and 2020. There might be, but people might want a different wrecking ball.

There's no question now that Donald Trump has lost the last few rounds of this fight badly and he's starting to fall behind on the scorecards. The only caution is that he's been in this position before. I would be careful about writing him off - Bannon or no Bannon.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:26 PM

QED: Bye Felicia!

Last edited by QuickSilver; 01-09-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:08 PM

Bannon appears to be on an accelerating decline, which is great. But based on the Michael Wolff book that I'm about halfway through now, I think some of the comments about him are misguided. Yes, he's a neo-Nazi with a sordid background bent on destroying the conventional establishment, and yes, everyone including Trump thinks he looks like a homeless bum. But one thing he apparently is not is stupid. He's apparently well-read and highly opinionated based on a pretty deep knowledge of the political scene as interpreted through his warped ideology. Among Kushner, Priebus, and Bannon at the time when Bannon was at his peak of power, he was the thinker of the lot more than anyone else, albeit disorganized and dishevelled.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:03 PM

In the land of the blind, a one eyed man is king.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:30 PM

I finished Fire and Fury last night. No matter how done Bannon looks to be, it's probably best to assume he isn't and keep eyes on him.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Now THAT bar is pretty fucking low
Old 01-09-2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
How about the ability to out-think Sarah Palin?

Did I win?
Oh Jeez, I think you won.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yllaria View Post
A couple of the online mini-articles I've read make me suspect that some of them are doing it just to troll the President, who HATES it when journalists say he's being led.
Is this the Lisa Simpson strategy used to goad Sideshow Bob into a confession of political corruption?
Old 01-11-2018, 02:56 PM

Mr. Congeniality lawyers up in prep to testify before congress. I hope he can carry a tune because he's about to sing like a canary.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Whatever happens, we have got. The Maxim gun, and they have not.
It's called Constitutional Carry, dear sir.

Strike hard who cares - shoot straight who can
The odds are on the cheaper man.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Mr. Congeniality lawyers up in prep to testify before congress. I hope he can carry a tune because he's about to sing like a canary.
I hope he does, and I hope it can ALL be verified and proved. I hope he throws everyone under the bus, and in the end I hope he inadvertently throws himself under too.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:58 PM

Bannon's latest fail, according to Axios:
  • In his most dramatic move, Bannon leased a medieval monastery about two hours from Rome and announced he would use it to train up fearsome hordes of right-wing politicians who will eradicate globalism from Europe.
  • Bannon also told the Times he would offer European populist parties the "fundamental building blocks for winning" in May's parliamentary elections, including, the Times reported, "expertise in polling, data analytics, messaging and get-out-the-vote efforts, along with the development of media surrogates and campaign war rooms with rapid response."

Except Salvini said he only met Bannon twice and doesn't seem to have been terribly impressed. Because effective May 31, Bannon has been evicted from the monastery he rented for a minute and a half. No doubt told to go find a damp rock under which to crawl and continue to drink himself to death.

What a rodent.

Last edited by QuickSilver; 06-14-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:09 PM

Ugh. Sorry. Is the the drunk guy with a network? Pat Buchanan?
Old 06-14-2019, 09:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Except Salvini said he only met Bannon twice and doesn't seem to have been terribly impressed.
Political manipulators (like Bannon or Rove or Atwater or Carville) self-destruct when they try to publicize themselves. Once they try to take credit for how they work the political system, no politician can afford to be associated with them.