Old 11-14-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelEmouse View Post
I feel like this guy: http://imgur.com/gallery/eJvgTnT
Me too. Ordered a Vador PS4 for delivery on 11/17 and Fallout 4 with slow delivery so it would get there at the same time. Damn Amazon, Fallout 4 came in two days and I am just looking at it waiting for Tuesday.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:19 PM

Okay, I started feeling badass around level 18 or 20. I practically live in my power armor, mind you. The only really tough encounter I've had recently was with a sentry bot. They are not to be trifled with.

I've just learned when a location "resets", even the loot in and out of containers is reset. At least it happened when I got a mission from Knight Rhys to clear out College Square station (which I'd already done).
Old 11-14-2015, 11:40 PM

Now I have X-01 Mk III Power Armor and a Gatling Laser. Ho ho ho.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:12 AM

Codsworth spontaneously started whistling 'La Marseillaise' while I was playing yesterday. Creepy.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kobayashi View Post
Now I have X-01 Mk III Power Armor and a Gatling Laser. Ho ho ho.
Damn, all the power armor I've found has been the T-series, starting with T-45 (the suit you get in Lexington/Concord), then I found a suit of T-51 and T-51b, and recently a few pieces of T-60 off a particularly tough raider. I didn't even know there was another series out there, which I can only assume is superior. Good thing I've waited to make any modifications to any power armor pieces.

What difficulty level has everyone been playing on? I started off on Normal (default), but quickly decided that was way too easy and took it up to Hard. More recently, around level 18, I ratcheted it up to "Very Hard". I'm pretty comfortable with that setting - have had to do several encounters multiple times but it's not too insane. Most importantly, it forces me to actually use a variety of weapons and all the nifty tools they put in, including grenades, mines, chems/aids, mods, etc. (and of course power armor, but despite having ~15 full fusion cores I'm still ridiculously conservative about using it). Otherwise I'd just end up running around with a stock 10mm pistol the whole game and not even bother.

The only way I want to do Survival difficulty is on a second playthrough once I know all the ropes, having that setting from start to finish. Just doesn't feel like it'd be genuine to change it mid-way through. But anyone who is playing on Survival now: props to ya.

Last edited by Rigamarole; 11-15-2015 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:25 AM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

I'm playing very slowly atm. I did change out Dogmeat for Cogsworth but now I can't find Dogmeat. I sent him to Sanctuary but I do not see him.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Witt View Post
I'm playing very slowly atm. I did change out Dogmeat for Cogsworth but now I can't find Dogmeat. I sent him to Sanctuary but I do not see him.
Keep looking, he's around. Sanctuary is kinda big and they roam everywhere. Easier to send them to a tiny settlement like Red Rocket or Starlight Drive-In so you can find them right away.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsnak View Post
You wouldn't have heard the phrase in Fallout as I was talking about Subject Zero, aka Jack, from Mass Effect 2 & 3. A somewhat memorable character if you've played that series, and voiced by the same actress as the female Sole Survivor. She also does the stock female raider voice, and those I'd noticed sounded like Jack right away.
I haven/t got the game, bu am watching a Lets Play. I heard a female raider say "Come on out, I'll show you my gun" which is another Jack trademark.

So on the Lets play I'm watching, the player chose not to

SPOILER:

Join the Brotherhood of Steel.

Does the game change much if he did? Does he still run the Minutemen?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigamarole View Post
Damn, all the power armor I've found has been the T-series, starting with T-45 (the suit you get in Lexington/Concord), then I found a suit of T-51 and T-51b, and recently a few pieces of T-60 off a particularly tough raider. I didn't even know there was another series out there, which I can only assume is superior. Good thing I've waited to make any modifications to any power armor pieces.
I'll tell you where I found it if you like,
SPOILER:
on the coast due east of Diamond City you'll find the Custom House marker, a little Southwest of that is a building called Court 34, enter it and take the elevator. You'll have to fight a Sentry Bot and Assaultron that come out of the walls, press the buttons where they came out and it will unveil the full set of power armor. It's leveled loot though, I was around level 40 to pick up the Mk III.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Witt View Post
Look in the dog houses behind houses. I moved all dog houses in sanctuary to a central location because i got tired of hunting for the damn dog.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Is anyone else finding that Dogmeat is just frustrating, blocking doorways and hallways, jumping between you and the corpse you're looting, and generally just being a pest?

Also, how the hell did he survive running through the Glowing Sea with me?
Old 11-15-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsnak View Post
Is anyone else finding that Dogmeat is just frustrating, blocking doorways and hallways, jumping between you and the corpse you're looting, and generally just being a pest?

Also, how the hell did he survive running through the Glowing Sea with me?
Plus you don't get a nice perk for maxing him. I switch to Preston while doing anything Minutemen related, Danse for the BoS quests, Strong otherwise.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:41 PM

The glowing sea is truly awesome. Mysterious and oppressive at the same. You want to explore every inch and at the same time you need to get out of there as soon as possible. Seeing a mysterious structure slowly emerge from the radioactive mist was really cool.

An instant classic like the Shalebridge Cradle from Thief 3 or Ravenholm from half-life 2.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, I had to move the dog houses so I wouldn't have to hunt up the damned dog. So far, I haven't really traveled with other companions much. It didn't seem like they had their own story arcs like in New Vegas. But while working with Piper, there was a moment where she seemed to have something on her mind, and when I talked to her I think I was given the opportunity to influence her development.

I love the storms. One of the things that I found so compelling and immersive long ago in Morrowind was the sandstorms. And now we have something similar, only with radiation.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:42 PM

Do things like walls and fences actually help during attacks or is it just your settlements defense score that matters?
Old 11-15-2015, 06:59 PM

Dunno - so far, I've only had one "attack." It wasn't noted to be an attack, it was one unnamed settler getting shot up by everybody else. If I hadn't noticed she was using an Institute pistol, I'd have thought it was just a bug.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalC View Post
Do things like walls and fences actually help during attacks or is it just your settlements defense score that matters?
Doesn't seem like perimeter fences matter, since the attack consists of enemies spawning randomly all over the place, and they'll spawn within them just as easily. I read something that said power generators get targeted during an attack though, so I have a small fenced-in area for the generators, but that's the only thing I use them for.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:28 PM

It's much easier to keep track of your settlers if you junk/store all of the furniture in Sanctuary (dog houses included) and then only put creature comforts in a few areas. I built a kind of bunkhouse in the center of town - the NPCs tend to hang out either there or in the "main" house where the power armor rack is.

I found a spiked muzzle, put it on Dogmeat, and then felt bad about muzzling him and took it off.

Quote:
I read something that said power generators get targeted during an attack though, so I have a small fenced-in area for the generators, but that's the only thing I use them for.
My generator is on the roof of the bunkhouse, and has some turrets surrounding it. I dare raiders to try and take it out. Dare them!

Last edited by Johnny Bravo; 11-15-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:17 PM

Have to go out of town for a week. What will the wasteland do without me?
Old 11-15-2015, 10:20 PM

So...(main quest spoilers)
SPOILER:
If you haven't been presented with a choice between three things, play until you have.
SPOILER:
...who are you siding with? I joined the Railroad for the extra quests then the Brotherhood because I thought they'd have a better chance at striking at The Institute, with an airship, power armor and Liberty Re-Primed than some guys in a church basement. Then the Brotherhood asks me to wipe them out, apparently common enemies is not enough. Kinda wishing I hadn't joined the Railroad so I don't feel like King of the Douches gunning them down, playing through the Railroad questline to see what comes of that - the Prydwen going down in flames, I imagine.

Or you could go with The Institute, but son...I am disappoint.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Doesn't seem like perimeter fences matter, since the attack consists of enemies spawning randomly all over the place, and they'll spawn within them just as easily. I read something that said power generators get targeted during an attack though, so I have a small fenced-in area for the generators, but that's the only thing I use them for.
Hmm, that would make a nice trap with all my machine gun turrets. Better than having them spread out randomly since the enemies spawn inside.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
It's much easier to keep track of your settlers if you junk/store all of the furniture in Sanctuary (dog houses included) and then only put creature comforts in a few areas. I built a kind of bunkhouse in the center of town - the NPCs tend to hang out either there or in the "main" house where the power armor rack is.
Yeah, I went to town scrapping EVERYTHING in Sanctuary that wasn't bolted down (figuratively, to the game engine - regular bolts were scrapped ) and did something similar. But as soon as I liberated The Castle settlement, I made that my primary base of operations. It's way, way better and cooler than Sanctuary.

If you don't have Castle yet I highly recommend getting it by:

SPOILER:
Doing the Minutemen quests you get from Preston Garvey. After a couple of them you get the quest to liberate the old castle which used to be the Minutemen HQ.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:40 AM

I understand assigning settlers to build stuff would just add another level of tedium but I really resent that I, THE Sole Survivor, has to build every hut, every bed, every fence, defensive position, etc.. At least give me a "building animation" of the settlers actually doing the work.

The community building/resource management "mini-game" is totally OCD evil. I kinda resent it, but it is brilliant.

Last edited by motu; 11-16-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:07 AM
Charter Member

I was afraid that the low capabilities of my computer could prevent me to play, but it worked just fine in general on low settings.

BUT I was plagued by several problems. First, random crashes early in the game. That was caused by the default resolution.

Then, mouse lag. I tried several proposed fixes, modifying the ini files and windows settings, to no avail. I'm already *very* clumsy with games (I'm essentially unable to coordonate the use of keys, mouse, etc...), which is an issue in general, but this mouse lag, makes fights extremely difficult in targeting mode (I spend my time trying to click on some part with a signifant success %age, and by the time I succeed, the creature is on me, ripping me to pieces : the early deathclaw took me a couple hours, going in and out of the museum door, sometimes managing to do some damage, often having no more power for the armor before I could kill it and having to start all over again. But anyway, even a mere mosquito or botfly is normally a death sentence), and essentially impossible for me without targeting. With a gun, I'm yet to hit anything that moved this way.

And on top of this, I'm unable to move in building mode. After assuming it was a feature, and trying to understand how for instance you're supposed to affect people to project, I found out it was a known bug : to be able to move in building mode with a keyboard your keyboard *must* be QWERTY and you must keep the default key mapping for movement.

I don't know if the game is any good at this point. I spent all my time trying to fix issues, and it's mostly a pain to play. The moving while building can be fixed (or even ignored, I guess I don't *need* to create colonies), but the mouse delay is an absolute killer (and besides fighting, it of course makes many ordinary actions less straightforward : moving around, opening something, etc..)

Last edited by clairobscur; 11-16-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:04 AM

mouse lag in bethesda games is usually tied to their Vsync implementation.

Did you turn it off in the ini files?
Old 11-16-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthalis View Post

I heard that the physics and gameplay are tied to the framerate which means that going above 60fps can turn on Benny Hill mode and hurt you because the game thinks you ran into objects a lot faster than you otherwise would have. Is this true?
Old 11-16-2015, 08:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

I don't think so. I did these two changes for the mouse :

bForceIgnoreSmoothness=0 to bForceIgnoreSmoothness=1 and bMouseAcceleration=0

and this other change not knowing what it means or does : iPresentInterval=1 to iPresentInterval=0
Old 11-16-2015, 08:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelEmouse View Post
I heard that the physics and gameplay are tied to the framerate which means that going above 60fps can turn on Benny Hill mode and hurt you because the game thinks you ran into objects a lot faster than you otherwise would have. Is this true?
Apparently yes. While searching for my own issues, I saw a video where this was demonstrated. But it was the other way around : the protagonist was hitting much much quicker (but I guess it works both way).
Old 11-16-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairobscur View Post
I don't think so. I did these two changes for the mouse :

bForceIgnoreSmoothness=0 to bForceIgnoreSmoothness=1 and bMouseAcceleration=0

and this other change not knowing what it means or does : iPresentInterval=1 to iPresentInterval=0
That last one is supposed to be vsync.

Assuming you're playing in full screen mode and you aren't turning vsync via the Nvidia/AMD driver panel, you shoudl eb able to confirm by the presence of screen tearing.

I turned off in game vsync with that ini tweak, turned it on via Nvidia control panel, and play in full-screen mode. Borderless window mode performance is more inconsistent for me.

I've been using the steam gamepad though, so I haven't tried mouse yet, but maybe make sure you're running in fullscreen mode.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:01 AM

Man. Tried to liberate The Castle at level 11. I got my ass handed to me, embarrassingly so.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
That last one is supposed to be vsync.

Assuming you're playing in full screen mode and you aren't turning vsync via the Nvidia/AMD driver panel, you shoudl eb able to confirm by the presence of screen tearing.
Not sure what "screen tearing" is. It seems that now I sometimes see through walls when I'm close to them. Is it this?
Old 11-16-2015, 11:09 AM

I'm playing on Normal because at my age, my twitch reflexes are pretty bad. With Cogsworth it feels like cheating, he basically cleared Corvega by himself. I'm thinking of restarting on Difficult but I hate recreating the faces (I do the spouse and Wanderer ;-) ) and ammo is limited as all hell.

I was dead two minutes after leaving the Vault because I made a wrong turn. I am having fun though, collect junk, return to Sanctuary, build, repeat. I might get to the plot sooner or later.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Usually, these Fallout games are not about twitch, but there's a bit of trickiness in the battle for The Castle.

SPOILER:
I myself kept the radio tower between me and the Queen, and didn't bother trying to kill the hatchlings that were gnawing on my power-armored legs. Instead I would just keep hopping over them. It was an exciting battle, but very FPS-like.

I'm not getting this Local Leader business. I had the perk, but had to run to Sanctuary to get the materials necessary to set up the radio tower. Do I share the workshop materials across these settlements or don't I?
Old 11-16-2015, 11:58 AM

I just got my hands on a gatling laser. Good thing I'm swimming in caps, because the thing runs on fusion cores.

Incidentally, I think that one's barter ability caps out at buying for base value +20%. I was planning on tracking down all of the copies of "Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor", but I'm already at the point where I can reach this cap if I take some grape mentats.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:19 PM

Picked it up yesterday and have only played about an hour but like it so far. I am starting to get some crashes to the desktop which worries me.
Not sure if its a memory issue or what as I dont get any error message just blink and the game is closed.
i4790K
R9 290X
16gb ram
ssd
gigabyte mb
Old 11-16-2015, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

Am I the only one who is not loving power armor?

I mean, I like the power it gives me, and the fact that I can carry a lot more.

What I don't like is if I run out of whatever the hell they use.. fuel cores? Cells? in the middle of being out & adventuring, you're screwed. And the cores are expensive, and don't seem to be turning up while looting much. So as much as I like it, I'm tending to leave it back at Sanctuary (or wherever) until I have enough cash to buy more cores. And that's assuming I'll find them at vendors.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 11-16-2015, 01:24 PM

My Lone Wanderer is at level 20. I'm not using any companions. They, especially the dog, get in the way more than they help. If it turns out that there are cool companion quests like there were in NV, I may reconsider.

I dumped a lot of points into hacking and lock picking, as I was getting stalled too much by things I couldn't open. Getting into stuff is more fun than not getting into stuff.

I put most of the other points into modding skills. Modding is fun in and of itself, but I haven't noticed too many gigantic improvements in performance over vanilla guns. One notable exception is the most useful gun I own: a modded up 10mm pistol. It's full-auto, armor piercing, has the large quick change magazine, the long/light/ported barrel, the marksman grip, a suppressor, and a reflex sight. It tears synths, mirelurks, and suchlike hard targets apart in very short order. I have a very similarly modded "powerful" variant for the softer targets that is also quite useful. Least useful gun is my assault rifle. 5.56 ammo is so scarce and expensive that I don't even bother carrying the rifle. I have a napalmer, a missile launcher, and a cryolator that I've never even fired.

There is a lot of power armor out there just waiting to be driven home, most all of it incomplete. In my wasteland, there is an odd shortage of right legs of any model for power armor. I have four sets and only one, a set of T45-D I modded up from the basic set you get in the vertibird, is complete. I've found several extra arms and a helmet or two, but right legs for any model just aren't to be had. I hope it will become possible at some point to fabricate pieces from scrap.

In 3 and NV, I grew fond of combat armor as it offered excellent protection at a very reasonable weight. I upgraded a set into polymer combat armor in 4, but it is proving to be rather lackluster protection. Also, the burnt orange BOS uniform I am wearing under it looks silly with the white polymer armor...I am the Creamsicle of Death!!!!1...I need to find something else. Headgear is scarce too. I've been wearing the same army helmet since near the beginning of the game as nothing better has ever become available.

Most of the quests, so far, have been amusing. I wasn't too thrilled to be sent out looking for a dead BOS recon patrol, as I didn't enjoy the almost identical quest in NV. It was blessedly short this time around, at least. One quest made me actually want to taint punch everybody who works for Bethesda. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't go into too much detail, but I must tell you all that the Covenant quest where you search for a missing caravan is an enormous pile of bollocks. It hinges on several difficult locks and a difficult hack, leads to an uninspiring shootout, and then a resolution that is just plain dumb. The reward is a rather meager sum of caps. "Honest Dan" seems rather too full of himself, too, for a guy who was unable to handle the job on his own.

I need to go back to Ft. Hadley. I thought I had been through the entire place, but the quest to find my crotchspawn still shows as open. Either the quest is bugged or I missed something. It'll be fun to shoot up a bunch of those ugly-ass synths either way.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumpup View Post
Least useful gun is my assault rifle. 5.56 ammo is so scarce and expensive that I don't even bother carrying the rifle.
Have you looted all those hostile gun turrets? They seem to all have 5.56 ammo in them.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlees View Post
Have you looted all those hostile gun turrets? They seem to all have 5.56 ammo in them.
Yes, but there is never more than a tiny handful of rounds in any turret. I'm awash in .45 ammo, .38 ammo, .308 ammo, and fusion cells. I even have a pretty good stash of .50 cal ammo, though nothing worth shooting it from. I have less than a hundred rounds of 5.56. Wish I could do that NV thing and reprocess ammo I don't use into a variety that I need.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Picked it up yesterday and have only played about an hour but like it so far. I am starting to get some crashes to the desktop which worries me.
Not sure if its a memory issue or what as I dont get any error message just blink and the game is closed.
As I wrote previously, my own crashes were coming from a screen resolution issue (my screen resolution and the screen resolution used by the game were different). Not sure it will help.

In any case, I have less RAM than you (12 gb) and didn't experience crashes since, so that at least isn't the problem.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angel View Post
I'm not getting this Local Leader business. I had the perk, but had to run to Sanctuary to get the materials necessary to set up the radio tower. Do I share the workshop materials across these settlements or don't I?
First you need to set up a supply line between the settlements you want to link, which entails finding g a settler who doesn't have a job assigned and assigning them to be a courier.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post

What I don't like is if I run out of whatever the hell they use.. fuel cores? Cells? in the middle of being out & adventuring, you're screwed.

I don't like it, but for the opposite reason : I find it too powerful, and I was very happy that it turned out to be useless for running out of batteries immediately after the fight in Concord.

I'm afraid that we're supposed to be using it a lot during the game, which makes quite useless to craft other armors. Also, one aspect I loved in Fallout was the lack of ressources which seems to be non-existent in F4. Contrarily to what wrote another poster, ammunitions and weapons seem plentiful, ever over-abundant from my point of view, so no more agonizing about whether or not to use a firearm or to spare your two dozens bullets. You have a power armor, tons of weapons, ammunitions by the hundreds, etc...
Old 11-16-2015, 02:21 PM

Ammunition may seem plentiful, but when you have to dump multiple mags into a single enemy, numbers are deceiving. If guns behaved more realistically, having one hundred rounds of ammo would be fairly plentiful. When a single supermutant can absorb every bit of that and still be dangerous, not so much.
Fusion cores are pretty plentiful. I've accumulated about 30 of them just by looting. How fast you burn through one is influenced by how you use your armor. Running and jumping use cores faster than just walking. I'm more concerned about bits of the armor being destroyed, and then impossible to replace, than I am about batteries.

Last edited by Scumpup; 11-16-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:32 PM

My best weapon atm is a legendary 2-shot laser musket. Since modded into being a 5-crank split-beam (still gets two shots per trigger). That one-shots most legendaries if I use the crit on a headshot. ROF sucks, though...and I'm pretty sure that glow kills any attempt at stealth.

My fallback is a normal combat rifle I've modded that can kill about 2 super-mutants per magazine, and gets about 5 VATS shots, which rebuilds said crit reasonably quickly.

Got to watch a fight between a BOS vertibird and the swan...I'm not sure I want to get into one of those deathtraps now.

And the Children of the Atom can go pound sand. As if that rad gun of theirs wasn't nasty enough, you can't see anything past the huge visual effects.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post

What I don't like is if I run out of whatever the hell they use.. fuel cores? Cells? in the middle of being out & adventuring, you're screwed. And the cores are expensive, and don't seem to be turning up while looting much. So as much as I like it, I'm tending to leave it back at Sanctuary (or wherever) until I have enough cash to buy more cores. And that's assuming I'll find them at vendors.

Am I doing something wrong?
I didn't use it much at first, but now I practically live in it. The supply of cores increases over time. I found four in an ammo box outside the water treatment plant near Graygarden; that's probably random, but I've found a few other similar troves around the Commonwealth. Weapon vendors often have five in stock. As I noted above, improving your bartering ability can get the price down to 240 caps per core, and increase your selling price, too. That's not too bad when you can trade a couple of looted guns for a core, or 40 pre-war money.

Fusion cores last a decent amount of time if you don't sprint or use VATS much (I'm not sure why VATS drains so much power, but it does). I usually try to sneak when I'm in an enemy-infested area, and that might just reduce power consumption compared to full-speed running.

I just hope that if and when I install a jetpack or stealth boy on my armor, it won't use up all of my power.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:10 PM
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member

This is only vaguely Fallout 4 related, but I'm having to move apartments and apartment complexes. The letter I got with the cash due up front ended with "Welcome Home." After spending far too much time playing FO4 this week, I just about fell over laughing.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlees View Post
Man. Tried to liberate The Castle at level 11. I got my ass handed to me, embarrassingly so.
Did it at 14 here. Went in blind, had no idea I was going to be completely outgunned, and by then I didn't have an older save to fall back on.

I eventually hid inside the fort and ran from doorway to doorway with my rocket launcher, and fired a rocket at the queen every time it exposed its underbelly to me (then ran before it could shoot me with acid). If I was close enough I tossed a grenade as well. When the larvae came at me I just meleed them with the rocket launcher, since one hit is enough to kill them.

Took about a dozen rockets (my entire stockpile) and four or five grenades, but I finished the damn thing off.

Last edited by Smapti; 11-16-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairobscur View Post
As I wrote previously, my own crashes were coming from a screen resolution issue (my screen resolution and the screen resolution used by the game were different). Not sure it will help.

In any case, I have less RAM than you (12 gb) and didn't experience crashes since, so that at least isn't the problem.
I changed the resolution to match and got 45 minutes in before it crashed. Lost about ten minutes of gameplay and organizing at the bench
Old 11-16-2015, 08:13 PM

Ha, traveled to Diamond Cities to find Christmas trees and lights everywhere - checked the Pipboy date and it's Christmas Day.

Incidentally if you're trying to fix up The Castle's walls, use wooden foundations in the floor section which can clip through stuff. Then use the foundation with the stairs, it'll snap on to your concrete foundation. Then you can snap additional foundations on to the stairs, so your walls will line up. Then just store the stairs.

Last edited by Mr. Kobayashi; 11-16-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumpup View Post
I'm more concerned about bits of the armor being destroyed, and then impossible to replace, than I am about batteries.
Power armor can't be destroyed. If it reaches 0 health you lose the benefit temporarily, but you can easily repair it at the power armor station cheaply (for the pieces I've found the only material required to repair is a small quantity of steel).