Old 03-17-2016, 11:30 PM
Charter Member

Red Dead Redemption 2 might be happening.

http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-r...eveal-planned/

if it's true, ill be VERY excited. (fingers crossed)
Old 03-18-2016, 12:46 AM

This and Mass Effect: Andromeda may be all the incentive I need to finally go next-generation.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:15 AM

I'm still waiting for the Red Dead Redemption to make its way to PC...
Old 03-18-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Enfield View Post
I'm still waiting for the Red Dead Redemption to make its way to PC...
You and me both. I've heard the game was great but no way in hell am I buying a console for the few games I want to play.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Fraghero received an email from a reader who wishes to remain anonymous claiming that the game has been in development for over 4 years and is in fact called Red Dead Redemption 2 : Legends Of The West.

Our source claims to have acquired this information from an ex-Rockstar Games employee and has also informed us that a HD remake of the original Red Dead Redemption is in development for next-gen consoles and will be releasing by end of this year.
Not to say they aren't working on one, but I'd take this rumor with a huge grain of salt.

Also, "Red Dead Redemption 2 : Legends Of The West" is a terrible name.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0sp3l View Post
You and me both. I've heard the game was great but no way in hell am I buying a console for the few games I want to play.
Can you not rent a console? It's what I did to play GTA V in 2013. Best done during a long weekend or vacation when you can really plunge into the game and emerge back into the world a few days later.

The game is great. It's like playing a spaghetti Western.

In any case, you can find the soundtrack on Youtube and may enjoy it.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelEmouse View Post
Or "Grand Theft Horse".
Old 03-18-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Can you not rent a console?
Nope. All the video libraries around here closed down years ago, and even before that they used to require $100 security deposits for the consoles (understandably, but still irritatingly).

Too much hassle for something I'm not going to be able to finish in a single weekend anyway - it took me about a month to get through Grand Theft Auto V.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Can you not rent a console? It's what I did to play GTA V in 2013. Best done during a long weekend or vacation when you can really plunge into the game and emerge back into the world a few days later.

In any case, you can find the soundtrack on Youtube and may enjoy it.
But then we'd have to play that game at like 25 FPS at sub 720p.... I'm a reasonable man, but common!

What i heard is that the code base of the game was such a mess that the developers basically didn't want to touch it for a port. I mean the game was being shown off on a PC to journalists months before release, but there was no real thought put into a PC release until after it was no longer something they wanted to do.

Whatever they would spend on a third party to handle the port would be made up in the first few hours of a Steam release, but this is Rockstar, even the millions they would make on PC red dead is probably not enough of an enticement.

I hope they release Read Dead 2 on PC at least.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:32 AM

Take-Two executives have admitted that Red Dead 2 has been in some form of development for years now. Even if this specific rumor is false, the game IS DEFINITELY bring worked on somewhere in the bowels of Rockstar San Diego.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:51 PM

Is there any excitement for this, now its release is only a week away?

The trailers make it look pretty gorgeous, with a rumoured 200ish varieties of animal, huge map, and so on. Given that GTA5 is crammed full of entirely gratuitous detail, but RDR2 won't have the urban setting to furnish, I'll be interested in where they've put their efforts this time around.

I think I'm getting too old for shooting games, so I plan on channeling the Outlaw Josie Wales on an extreme pony-trekking holiday.

Last edited by Staggerlee; 10-18-2018 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Autoincorrect more like.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:21 PM

Incredibly excited. RDR is still my favorite game of all time and now it’s been 2 years since the official announcement.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee View Post
Is there any excitement for this, now its release is only a week away?
I was but Horizon 4 just came out and I'm still waiting for my Ultimate Edition. I guess Amazon ran out of stock.

ETA: and I plan to see about getting a VR headset for my Windows box on Black Friday.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 10-18-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

Great. Now I have to convince my wife that we need an Xbox One.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:13 PM

I think I might break my no-preordering-or-buying-on-release-day rule for this game, since by coincidence I took Friday, October 26th off and have nothing else planned for it.

I was surprised there wasn't a thread on this already. This forum doesn't get nearly as much video game traffic as it used to.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:31 PM

I want to get this, especially the $99.99 steelbook ultimate edition from Gamestop (I'm obsessed with steelbooks now), but my backlog is already ridiculously long.

I just started Assassin's Creed Odyssey and I still have Horizon Zero Dawn sitting on the shelf. Hell I still need to finish GTA:V.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi, Neighbor! View Post
I want to get this, especially the $99.99 steelbook ultimate edition from Gamestop (I'm obsessed with steelbooks now), but my backlog is already ridiculously long.
I'm pondering whether to get the normal 50 version, or the 'Special' edition for 75. The only substantial 'Special' item one gets for paying 50% more appears to be a bank robbery mission in Story mode. Obviously I don't want to miss out on that, but find it's (ironically) being held to ransom.

I find the prospect that the player character's facial hair grows in real time quite hilarious, and hope they've got some decent fire-spreading physics going on.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:45 PM

And of course, the jackasses at Rockstar again leave PC out. I'm guessing it'll come out in like a year.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthalis View Post
And of course, the jackasses at Rockstar again leave PC out. I'm guessing it'll come out in like a year.
What's the rationale for not releasing it on PC?
Old 10-20-2018, 11:10 PM

Who knows. The sales for GTA V on PC were really good, well over 10 million on Steam alone, and anything sold outside steam was a Rockstar key, not Steam.

It's such a massive franchise that making sure it came out day and date with PC, or at least closely with it, would absolutely worth their while, but they just don't do it.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:09 PM
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member

I still don't have a PS4 Pro, so I'm not getting the absolute best in prettiness. That said, I'm still trying to decide which is prettier: Red Dead Redemption 2 or Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm still thinking Horizon, but it's pretty close.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterion View Post
I still don't have a PS4 Pro, so I'm not getting the absolute best in prettiness...
I too, am playing this on a standard PS4. On this platform I wouldn't say it's the prettiest - it doesn't have the immaculate look of GTA5, or even the Far Cry games in my opinion. But although I'm barely any way into the game it does seem to have a strikingly realistic landscape, believably hewn by geological forces rather than arbitrarily constructed barriers for the player (that sentence makes me feel I've swallowed the hype, rather).

And it's the much-vaunted level of detail which has impressed me most so far. The mud and snow-drifts, the individual products you can see on a shop's shelves, the gruesome lynchings going on, the small-talk - really create what seems like a living world.

I am finding the game 'realistically' difficult too - without auto-aim, I'm continually out-gunned. My greatest enemies, in a sense, though are my real-life wife and baby who insist that I keep them fed and watered, as well as my player-character.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:38 AM

I did go ahead and break my pre-order rule on this one, the only game I've ever pre-ordered. This, despite never having played Red Dead Redemption 1 (never owned a console system until this latest generation.)

I'm finding it enjoyable so far, though I agree with what the reviews are saying about the controls being clunky. I wonder if some of that is intentional, to heighten the sense of "immersion." It's growing frustrating that there's no fast travel. Well, I know there is, but I haven't saved up enough money to by the map upgrade at camp yet, and stagecoaches or trains cost money too. I guess I'm too used to playing Ubisoft open world games where you can just warp around the world at will.

The most frustrating thing so far has been how once in a while O'Driscolls will just come out of nowhere and kill me. Because there's no fast travel, I take advantage of the fact that your horse will navigate to a waypoint if you use cinematic camera. So I'm just sitting there holding down the x button watching the long journey, suddenly I start hearing a bunch of Irish accents talking about killing me, and before I even realize what's happening and get my bearings, exit out of cinematic camera and open the weapon wheel to get out my gun, I'm dead. How are other people dealing with this?
Old 10-29-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcite View Post
The most frustrating thing so far has been how once in a while O'Driscolls will just come out of nowhere and kill me. Because there's no fast travel, I take advantage of the fact that your horse will navigate to a waypoint if you use cinematic camera. So I'm just sitting there holding down the x button watching the long journey, suddenly I start hearing a bunch of Irish accents talking about killing me, and before I even realize what's happening and get my bearings, exit out of cinematic camera and open the weapon wheel to get out my gun, I'm dead. How are other people dealing with this?
I appear to be dealing with it by dying. A lot.

I don't think that's a particularly viable long-term strategy.

It also happens if you pick up a price on your head. Bounty hunters will randomly attack. Last time it happened I was taming a wild horse in the middle of a wide open field. They must have teleported in and started shooting, and all my good weapons were on my other horse. That really sucked.

Though my biggest gripe is the slug-pace walking/searching indoors. Especially when my fellow gang members are outside yelling at me to hurry up.

There needs to be a button to yell "I'm trying to search for some goddamn baked beans, you bastards, but I'm stuck on a piece of paper lying on the floor!" I would hit that button so much.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthalis View Post
Who knows. The sales for GTA V on PC were really good, well over 10 million on Steam alone, and anything sold outside steam was a Rockstar key, not Steam.

It's such a massive franchise that making sure it came out day and date with PC, or at least closely with it, would absolutely worth their while, but they just don't do it.
heh im still hearing on how crappy the gta 4 pc port was on pc gaming boards .
Old 10-29-2018, 04:57 PM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Quote:
According to sources there is evidence in the code that there is a PC version. Also, it seems some retailer in Europe had listed the game being available next year. It is all touched on here.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:16 PM

There is limited fast travel - it's a camp upgrade.

Looking forward to the inevitable Blazing Saddles full conversion mod on PC.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Because the priority is to get the game out, and consoles are the best return for the work. Sure, they include things to make it easier to port to PC later, but they don't really work on the PC version until after the console version releases.

Not only that, but PC development has to contend with a wide string of capabilities. The hardware for console is known ahead of time. Not for PC.

It also allows a bit of reinvigoration to release another version later on. You release the PC version, and people are suddenly talking about your game again. Sure, by itself that's not enough, but since you already need to do more work, why not?

Now, of course, developing for two different consoles is harder than just doing one at a time. But then you're losing out on a big market of gamers who have the other console, while PC-only gamers who play this type of game are a smaller audience.

Most gamers I know who buy new releases of AAA games have at least one console. Even if they are "PC master race" and will buy the PC version later to run on their super rigs.

Last edited by BigT; 10-29-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpronounceable View Post
There is limited fast travel - it's a camp upgrade.
This was acknowledged but it was also mentioned that this can take time to save up for.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckgully View Post
I appear to be dealing with it by dying. A lot.

I don't think that's a particularly viable long-term strategy.

It also happens if you pick up a price on your head. Bounty hunters will randomly attack. Last time it happened I was taming a wild horse in the middle of a wide open field. They must have teleported in and started shooting, and all my good weapons were on my other horse. That really sucked.

Though my biggest gripe is the slug-pace walking/searching indoors. Especially when my fellow gang members are outside yelling at me to hurry up.

There needs to be a button to yell "I'm trying to search for some goddamn baked beans, you bastards, but I'm stuck on a piece of paper lying on the floor!" I would hit that button so much.
A similar thing that's been happening to me is that I'll be riding along and come across one of those spontaneous events where, say, you hear a person yelling for help. Not wanting to miss the opportunity, I swerve hard and wind up trampling a pedestrian with my horse. Suddenly, I'm wanted for murder! Then I have to evade the law, and not only do I miss the opportunity, I now have to pay off a bounty.

Just now I was riding back to camp and passed a train. The game informed me trains are a lucrative robbery target, so I figured what the heck, I need money, I'll give it a try. I barely had time to board the train and start searching one car when the train stopped and lawmen started arriving. I couldn't continue to loot the train with them trying to kill me, so I killed them.. and soon learn that infinite lawmen just keep spawning. Of course they eventually killed me. So not only did I make zero money from the train robbery, I now have to pay off a $170 bounty for killing lawmen. Thanks a lot, game. Yeah, real lucrative.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:08 PM

I had something similar happen at a robbery in one of the towns. Got a little bit of money, but it was more than offset by the bounty resulting from having to shoot my way out of town. Similarly, there's a story mission that requires shooting your way out of town and that also resulted in a hefty bounty. At first I was like, "okay, makes sense, I am an outlaw after all," but then the game periodically sends gangs of bounty hunters after you and it really interrupts the open world gameplay. So, instead of making progress in the game, I end up hiding out in a state where I'm not wanted, grinding money to pay off the bounties, and then I can get back to doing what I want. It's almost like crime doesn't pay.

Maybe all this can be avoided by shooting guns out of lawmen's hands as you make your getaway?
Old 10-31-2018, 02:22 PM

Have either of you tried masking up before going on a heist/rampage? I've had some (though by no means consistent) success with that and am still trying to work out how to make it something that works more often than not. Usually it will still result in an investigation, particularly if a witness escapes, but you don't get id'd, so can get out of there before anyone starts a real shooting match. Also, I have found that carrying a change of clothes on my horse and changing whilst the investigation is happening, but I am still out of direct sight, sometimes works. Getting any of this stuff to work every time is difficult though - and indeed, may not be possible. I've had no luck with big story mission shoot outs, had some luck with optional robbery missions (like at homesteads) and a fair degree of success if I just try and stick someone up on the road - or, as happened yesterday to me, I come across two ruffians in the middle of nowhere trying to break into a safe they've stolen.

Last edited by Cumbrian; 10-31-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:58 PM
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member

I have to pay a bounty because some thugs picked a fight, lost, and I accidentally hit the loot button. It's only $5, but still, it was three on one and they started it!
Old 10-31-2018, 05:25 PM

I bought it and I'm really starting to fucking hate it. It's a horse riding / walking simulator so far.

I have been patient, waiting for some actual fun to happen in this game, but so far it's a goddamned slog. The last mission I played, I had to bring my buddy into town to get him drunk for some reason. As missions go, it was fun to play, sort of, you don't really do anything - decide to pick a fight or not & try not to get arrested - other than that it's a prolonged cut scene, after which you wind up way the fuck out in the middle of nowhere, puking, horseless and you have to walk 10 real minutes to get back to camp. Then when I got there, I still didn't have a horse - he was still back at the saloon - and I wasn't allowed to ride any of the other owned horses, so I jumped on one bareback. Half way back to town to retrieve my horse, I got slammed into by a wagon and bucked. The horse went off and there I was in a fucking walking simulator again. So fuck it. I shot the wagon driver. Six fucking times and he just went riding off with a story to tell and then every gun in the west came baring down on me just in time to put the last hour and half of wasted game play out of its misery.

So, I'm really trying to find my zen place and enjoy this over-indulgent, over-priced piece of shit, but my patience is wearing thin.

So far, I'm giving a 1 out of These Programmers Are Assholes.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:36 AM

Yep. I think I'm going to have to trade this turd in.

I thought I'd just take a deep breath and give it another shot after that ridiculous waste of time mission. Fortunately I was respawned with my horse, so I took a moment to pick out a mission to head to, and within literally 30 seconds I was ambushed and shot dead before I could figure out how to shoot back.

This game sucks.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:59 AM

Okay, maybe I'm overreacting; there's something about wanting 15 minutes of peaceful riding through the countryside before I head of to work only to be interrupted by ten guys shooting me for no reason and dying within a minute of my last frustration laden re-spawn makes me crazy.

I'll smoke some of my anti-asshole medication and give it another shot after work. But this better start being fun, ferchrissakes.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
Okay, maybe I'm overreacting; there's something about wanting 15 minutes of peaceful riding through the countryside before I head of to work only to be interrupted by ten guys shooting me for no reason and dying within a minute of my last frustration laden re-spawn makes me crazy...
I do know of the frustration you're suffering, but I think I've only been attacked by gangs when on tracks/roads - aren't you safe enough when mooching around in the open countryside? Notwithstanding mountain lion attacks, of course.. I must say that so far I've spent much of my time playing poker or hunting deer, and then riding like the clappers as soon as a threat arises, so I'm not exactly role-playing Clint Eastwood currently.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee View Post
I must say that so far I've spent much of my time playing poker or hunting deer, and then riding like the clappers as soon as a threat arises, so I'm not exactly role-playing Clint Eastwood currently.
Maybe Clint Eastwood from Back to the Future III.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I bought it and I'm really starting to fucking hate it. It's a horse riding / walking simulator so far.

I have been patient, waiting for some actual fun to happen in this game, but so far it's a goddamned slog.
That sounds like my experience with GTA V (except for the horses). I'll take a hard pass.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:11 PM

You might all already know this but to speed up searching houses you can activate eagle vision and it highlights all lootable objects. When looting drawers you can hold down the loot button and you will automatically open and search all drawers.

I've been working away from home for the week, living in hotels. I really wish I'd packed the PS4...
Old 11-02-2018, 01:54 PM

As someone who griped a bit earlier, I'll add that I actually really enjoy the game overall. It also helps I'm playing in 4K HDR. I think of these kinds of grand games like this: Most games try to do 100 things and if it gets 95 of them right, it's a great game. This game tries to do 1000 things and gets 900 of them right. So there's a number of ways you can look at that. There's 100 things wrong with the game, which is way higher than most games. But there's also 900 things done right, which is really an awesome achievement. And overall getting 90% of the things right instead of the 95% of other great games doesn't feel as tight, but the scale and beauty of it really is something to behold.

To answer an earlier question, the bandana didn't seem to be helping a whole lot, but I've gotten a bit better using it and getting mask upgrades from the fence seemed to help a lot, too. I also spent quite a bit of time at the beginning of the game *not* doing outlaw stuff, so I think I built my health/stamina/dead eye abilities up quite a bit, mostly with hunting, before I started engaging much in gunfights, which seems to have made those a lot easier. Overall, that made the experience a bit of a slog at first, but I seem to be rolling along now.

Like most games of this size, I think you have to find the side stuff you can do until your character progresses enough to tackle the other things. The game doesn't really give you much guidance on that, though.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:00 PM

The Druidess gave me a PS4 Pro for my birthday last week--some sort of special edition for this game. I'm slowly and clumsily stumbling my way through the opening stages. Did not really care for "Chapter 1", which seemed to be largely scripted do what you're told sort of gaming. Just started "Chapter 2", which appears to be more freestyle. Rode into town, went all Josey Wales on a couple of Driscoll boys on the way, fortunately--i think---did a manual save before riding into town, where I sorta ran over the sheriff with my horse, killed him before getting killed by someone I never saw...and somehow waking up outside of town slumped over my horse? Not real sure what exactly happened, but tonight I plan to load my saved game and try to avoid the whole sheriff killing thing this time...
"Yes, but that's because you're a wild human, not a tame human. The likes of you would have to be kept in a zoo, and the keepers would be very careful to never put their tentacles inside the bars"--Lemur866 describing Oak, 11/13/09
Molon labe--Leonidas I
Old 11-12-2018, 04:09 PM

I'm getting a little more into it myself. I decided that if I couldn't crack the game straight up, I might as well cheat, so I did the little gold bar glitch and scored about twenty-five grand so I'm just supplying myself willy-nilly and making a hero out of myself back at camp.

I'm into Chapter 3, I think, and I get what I'm supposed to do, for the most part. My problem is that I suck at aiming. I'm not much better when using Dead-Eye. As for all the side crafting stuff, I'm only sort of figuring that stuff out. I hunted me a Legendary Boar, but I think I sold it before I knew I could craft anything from it. Roping horses is a fool's game for me. I can't come close - like on a gallop that is. I haven't even dipped a toe into many other side things, like bounties and I don't even know what else, to be honest. I'm just trying to figure out how to not die quite so often.

Last edited by Jack Batty; 11-12-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
I'm getting a little more into it myself. I decided that if I couldn't crack the game straight up, I might as well cheat, so I did the little gold bar glitch and scored about twenty-five grand so I'm just supplying myself willy-nilly and making a hero out of myself back at camp.

I'm into Chapter 3, I think, and I get what I'm supposed to do, for the most part. My problem is that I suck at aiming. I'm not much better when using Dead-Eye. As for all the side crafting stuff, I'm only sort of figuring that stuff out. I hunted me a Legendary Boar, but I think I sold it before I knew I could craft anything from it.
The way hunting the legendary animals works is, after you kill the animal, the only thing you can actually do with it is sell it to the trapper. Once you've done so, it's permanently available to the trapper, who can craft outfits from it, or the fence, who can craft trinkets from parts of certain legendary animals. But if you die before getting a chance to sell it to the trapper, you miss out on the chance to get some money for it, but the game still "counts" it as being in the trapper's and fence's inventories for the purposes of crafting. So, as long as you actually killed the legendary boar (there should be a drawing of a boar with a crown, crossed out, on that area of the map) you haven't missed out on any craftables.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:21 AM

Cool. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

No Red Dead Redemption 2 thread?

Color me surprised.

I'm not much of a console gamer, but after hearing umpteen reviews about how this game is a, um, game-changer, I succumbed and got it on PS4. So far, it's living up to the the hype; it feels halfway between a game and a movie. I'm sorta surprised it's getting such accolades; it has a sloooow feel to it, and there's not much overt twitchy game play other than the occasional gunfight.

A smattering of things that have impressed me:

- the game begins in an area covered by deep snow. Unlike every other game I've ever played, it gets the mechanics of snow right. You don't run around on top of it; you wade through it like thick mud and it slows you down. By the time I got done with this bit of the game, the snow had truly become annoying - I was just sick of constantly wading!

- NPCs are very, very real. Like movie-quality real. I've yet to hear one repeat a phrase (see: "I took an arrow to the knee") and it's actually kinda entertaining to listen to them. I've done a couple missions where I had to hog-tie folks and carry them on my horse to whoever wants to talk to them. During the journey, they try to talk me into letting them go, one woman tried to romance me, one drunk just sang songs and kept calling for his girlfriend to bring him tea.

- it's gorgeous. I haven't unlocked fast travel yet, but it's no big deal because riding my horse from place to place is still very fun. The towns seem real to the point where I navigate through them like a real town - "Oh, there's that half-built building, I know the stable is across from it." The landscapes are stunning.

And the not-so-good:

- the controller is confounding. I'm sure part of this is because I'm a PC gamer, and I'm very unused to controllers. But on top of that I've seen hints show up on the screen that are wrong ("Press <x> to hogtie" when you really need to press <y>) and some stuff seems to be entirely too complex.

- again, the controller; I've multiple times pressed the wrong button at the wrong time and Boom! I'm screwed. Once I accidentally hit the key that makes you mount a horse while walking by someone else's horse; even though I jumped right off I'm branded a horse-thief and I have a bounty on my head. Another time I accidentally shot someone when trying to help them. Annoying.

- I don't get the mission mechanics. It seems that you sometimes get put on missions like they're on rails, and there's no option to delay them. For example, I came back into camp last night after completing a mission; I wanted to sleep then spend my remaining 20 min or so of play time hunting. I made the mistake of greeting an NPC and next thing I know I'm on another mission. If I try to switch to another mission or goal or whatever it says "currently unavailable."

I've heard talk of a way to "quit" or "abandon" a mission but hell if I can find how to do it, and I haven't figured out if I quit/abandon if it'll be there for me to do in the future. I don't want to skip the damn thing, I want to hunt for 20 minutes and do the mission tomorrow when I have more play time.

Surely, someone else is playing?
Old 11-27-2018, 12:56 PM
Charter Member

Yes.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:05 PM
Charter Member

Well hell. I searched, I really did!

Mods, feel like merging and/or closing this thread or... whatever you mods want to do?
Old 11-27-2018, 02:32 PM

There might as well be a new one; the previous thread is practically a zombie at this point (it was created when the game was just a rumor).
Old 11-27-2018, 03:06 PM

How to quit a mission

It's impossible to permanently miss out on a main story (i.e., yellow) mission. As soon as you quit it, it will be back on the map, available for you to restart.