Old 01-31-2019, 02:22 PM

Windows 10 solitaire events

Does anybody else play those events in Windows 10 solitaire? I like them because they seem more like puzzles than straight solitaire games. However, I don't understand how people can be so freaking fast at them. Today, for example, is a Tripeaks event. 20 challenges of Tripeaks in the event, each challenge is 1 to 3 games of Tripeaks, so there were 40-50 games of Tripeaks in the event. The current top player finished in less than 10 minutes. The top 8 finished in 20 minutes or less. I can certainly accept that lots of people click the cards faster than me, but there has to be more to it than that. Today's top player is averaging 15 seconds per game. How? There must have been some games where they selected the wrong card and went down the wrong path and had to retrace their steps. That must slow them down some. Is there a way to replay each hand and only count the fastest? Are they using multiple accounts and memorizing the games on a practice account and then speed running their main account? Anybody know how it's done?
Old 02-02-2019, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

It has been a while since I played any of the Solitaire events, but when I did I frequently finished in the top 5 and my times were usually in the 45-60 minute range. So no, I don't have any idea how someone could get through an entire event in 10-20 minutes.

My times were usually better when I played on my wife's Surface, where I could tap with my finger, than on the laptop where I had to use a mouse. But it wasn't that much of a difference.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
It has been a while since I played any of the Solitaire events, but when I did I frequently finished in the top 5 and my times were usually in the 45-60 minute range. So no, I don't have any idea how someone could get through an entire event in 10-20 minutes.

My times were usually better when I played on my wife's Surface, where I could tap with my finger, than on the laptop where I had to use a mouse. But it wasn't that much of a difference.
Yeah, my results are similar to yours. I'm fine with the way I play, I'm just curious how those people are doing it.