Old 01-25-2017, 04:24 PM

This seems like a moderately complete list. It appeared on my Facebook feed this morning. Joy.

Facts from the first 4 days. How is everyone feeling about the new regime today?
We are 4 days in. Credit to April Mitchell, from a News and Guts comment. (Dan Rather's Media Group)
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the DOJ’s Violence Against Women programs.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Arts.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Humanities.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Minority Business Development Agency.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Economic Development Administration.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the International Trade Administration.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Legal Services Corporation.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Environmental and Natural Resources Division of the DOJ.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Electricity Deliverability and Energy Reliability.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Fossil Energy.
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered all regulatory powers of all federal agencies frozen.
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered the National Parks Service to stop using social media after RTing factual, side by side photos of the crowds for the 2009 and 2017 inaugurations.
* On January 20th, 2017, roughly 230 protestors were arrested in DC and face unprecedented felony riot charges. Among them were legal observers, journalists, and medics.
* On January 20th, 2017, a member of the International Workers of the World was shot in the stomach at an anti-fascist protest in Seattle. He remains in critical condition.
* On January 21st, 2017, DT brought a group of 40 cheerleaders to a meeting with the CIA to cheer for him during a speech that consisted almost entirely of framing himself as the victim of dishonest press.
* On January 21st, 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held a press conference largely to attack the press for accurately reporting the size of attendance at the inaugural festivities, saying that the inauguration had the largest audience of any in history, “period.”
* On January 22nd, 2017, White House advisor Kellyann Conway defended Spicer’s lies as “alternative facts” on national television news.
* On January 22nd, 2017, DT appeared to blow a kiss to director James Comey during a meeting with the FBI, and then opened his arms in a gesture of strange, paternal affection, before hugging him with a pat on the back.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT reinstated the global gag order, which defunds international organizations that even mention abortion as a medical option.
* On January 23rd, 2017, Spicer said that the US will not tolerate China’s expansion onto islands in the South China Sea, essentially threatening war with China.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT repeated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing him the popular vote.
* On January 23rd, 2017, it was announced that the man who shot the anti-fascist protester in Seattle was released without charges, despite turning himself in.
* On January 24th, 2017, Spicer reiterated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing DT the popular vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, DT tweeted a picture from his personal Twitter account of a photo he says depicts the crowd at his inauguration and will hang in the White House press room. The photo is of the 2009 inauguration of 44th President Barack Obama, and is curiously dated January 21st, 2017, the day AFTER the inauguration and the day of the Women’s March, the largest inauguration related protest in history.
* On January 24th, 2017, the EPA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to freeze all grants and contracts.
* On January 24th, 2017, the USDA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to stop publishing any papers or research. All communication with the press would also have to be authorized and vetted by the White House.
* On January 24th, 2017, HR7, a bill that would prohibit federal funding not only to abortion service providers, but to any insurance coverage, including Medicaid, that provides abortion coverage, went to the floor of the House for a vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, DT ordered the resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, while the North Dakota state congress considers a bill that would legalize hitting and killing protestors with cars if they are on roadways.
* On January 24th, 2017, it was discovered that police officers had used confiscated cell phones to search the emails and messages of the 230 demonstrators now facing felony riot charges for protesting on January 20th, including lawyers and journalists whose email accounts contain privileged information of clients and sources.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:27 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Trump is now proving he believes the office of President of the United States of America is exactly like the portrayal of the Pharoah in The Ten Commandments: "So shall it be written; so shall it be done". He's governing by fiat now, with complete disregard to where the money for his programs will come from. Worse yet, he's saying the money will come from a source that certainly will not provide the funds.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Of COURSE Congress will provide the funds. The Deficit doesn't matter, as long as there's a Republican in the White House.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:17 PM

Well, maybe they will for one year. Pretty soon, though, they're going to start looking at their own chances of reelection by the millions they've screwed over.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:22 PM

And the wall is now official. So we pay for it, us taxpayers at the tune of billions, until we take it down, and we pay for that too.

I'm still amazed by the fact that anyone other than his immediate family even considered voting for him. My guess is that "Change" speech Obama gave just scared the hell out of them.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:07 PM

Well, if you're a Spanish speaker, you don't count as far as the Trump Mansion DC is concerned:
Quote:
President Trump, who chided his opponents during the campaign for speaking Spanish, has made a tangible change to the White House website to eliminate bilingual access.

The site , which the Trump administration took over on Friday, no longer includes an option for translation into Spanish
And, not being content with screwing people over linguistically, DT also has had information about disabled access removed. From the same link:

Quote:
or another that gives information about access for disabled users that had existed under President Obama.
I give him less than 24 hours before he cocks up something else.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:51 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Well, if you're a Spanish speaker, you don't count as far as the Trump Mansion DC is concerned:

And, not being content with screwing people over linguistically, DT also has had information about disabled access removed. From the same link:

Doesn't the ADA require government websites to be accessible to the disabled? Not that it matters to Cheeto.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:57 PM

Yeppers. If you're not his version of perfect, then you're useless. It's like watching a civilian analog of Patton (from the movie) when the movie version of Patton slapped a soldier in hospital. All that DT cares about is his version of reality.

Two days ago, I met a rather nice couple from Moscow on vacation in Busan. The husband asked me what I thought about Trump. My answer: "He's crazy." The man then said, "Why would you say he's crazy? I love having him in the white house. Now Russia has more influence in the world."

I'm going to have to say that disconnect is also evident in Trump's "thinking".
Old 01-25-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post

Is the Russian translation up yet?
Old 01-25-2017, 11:26 PM
Soy un pinche idiota
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locrian View Post
And the wall is now official. So we pay for it, us taxpayers at the tune of billions, until we take it down, and we pay for that too.
Yep, that's what he's done to royally piss me off today. What a wall's going to do to stop people who are already willing to risk their lives to cross the border, I don't fucking know.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Maybe this is just a glitch, but the whitehouse.gov petition site hasn't been registering signatures all day. I signed the "Ungag the EPA" petition, and several people on Twitter said they did also, but the site still shows only one signer. Trump's probably not going to bother reading the petitions anyway.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:01 AM
BANNED

What a truly amazing and impressive list.

President Trump has already accomplished more in his first few days than the golfer accomplished in his entire 8 years!

Happy times are here again! Indeed! Isn't it great to finally have a President that actually cares about the American people for a change?

It's pretty funny how hordes of delusional people on the left and virtually the entire crooked media claimed that he didn't have a chance of winning. Watching youtube videos of Hillary supporters crying is better than any comedy film released in the past year.

Another talking point that was popular was how he wasn't really serious and there for example wasn't going to be a wall. Trump doesn't really mean anything that he says, it's never going to happen, it's all talk! said plenty of people with their heads up their butts.

I can't wait to hear the next predictions from these highly enlightened people.

Whatever they predict or claim about Trump, you can expect the exact opposite to come true. They are batting zero. Keep up the good work!

I believe that Trump will go down in history as one of the greatest American Presidents of all time, rivaling Washington and Lincoln, and perhaps even surpassing them.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post

President Trump has already accomplished more in his first few days than the golfer accomplished in his entire 8 years!

Happy times are here again! Indeed! Isn't it great to finally have a President that actually cares about the American people for a change?

It's pretty funny how hordes of delusional people on the left and virtually the entire crooked media claimed that he didn't have a chance of winning. Watching youtube videos of Hillary supporters crying is better than any comedy film released in the past year.

Another talking point that was popular was how he wasn't really serious and there for example wasn't going to be a wall. Trump doesn't really mean anything that he says, it's never going to happen, it's all talk! said plenty of people with their heads up their butts.

Whatever they predict or claim about Trump, you can expect the exact opposite to come true. They are batting zero. Keep up the good work!

I believe that Trump will go down in history as one of the greatest American Presidents of all time, rivaling Washington and Lincoln, and perhaps even surpassing them.
Yeah! Gagging US science departments and making it impossible for them to release their findings - achievement! You fuckwit. You're in the same boat as the rest of us.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:19 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
Yeah! Gagging US science departments and making it impossible for them to release their findings - achievement! You fuckwit. You're in the same boat as the rest of us.
Liberal science does not qualify as legitimate, factual science.

Liberal propaganda disguised as "science" is merely a scam and the perpetrators of such frauds (global warming etc.) should be held accountable for their actions.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Trump doesn't really mean anything that he says, it's never going to happen, it's all talk!
I seem to remember something about Mexico paying for the wall, but somehow the American taxpayers are stuck paying. Four days in and he already is breaking promises.
He promised to "drain the swamp" and criticized Clinton for giving speeches at Goldman Sachs because that meant that she would be too influenced by them. Six of his cabinet nominees are from Goldman Sachs. Another promise broken.
It seems he can't even make it through a week before starting to break all the promises he made to the American public.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:57 AM

Quote:

Liberal propaganda disguised as "science" is merely a scam and the perpetrators of such frauds (global warming etc.) should be held accountable for their actions.
Of course.

The average republican.

And I mean that in the single most derogatory sense you can imagine.

Get an education, and you'll find that it's not just American liberals doing this stuff. In fact, it's only American republicans who deny it.

Last edited by Budget Player Cadet; 01-26-2017 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

You need to check conservative scientists that also told themselves that.

Only to find out how wrong they were.

https://climatecrocks.com/2015/01/09...lobal-warming/

https://bbickmore.wordpress.com/2011...limate-change/

Your dumb idea is to think that this is liberal science. It is not. Politics has to yield to science or we will truly become a very poor nation.

http://billmoyers.com/episode/neil-d...ence-literacy/

Last edited by GIGObuster; 01-26-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

There's no such thing as 'Liberal Science'. There's science, full stop.

When you start disputing scientific findings according to your own political affiliations, you've lost any right to say anything, full stop.

Science. Do you understand the fucken word?
Old 01-26-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabpicker View Post
Yep, that's what he's done to royally piss me off today. What a wall's going to do to stop people who are already willing to risk their lives to cross the border, I don't fucking know.
If Trump (or any other elected official, really) were truly serious about stopping illegal immigration over the US's southern border, then all they'd really have to do is actually start punishing businesses and individuals who are hiring illegals. If no jobs are available, then nobody will come for them. But, of course, we all know the likelihood of that happening.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:23 AM
Charter Member

See this troll comes into this thread and derails the whole thing. This happens in so many threads and no one does a thing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2017, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Not in the way you think it is amazing and impressive.

Quote:
"The golfer"? You'll have to be more specific. After all, plenty of presidents have played the sport.

Quote:
No way to tell if it's great to have one again who cares about the American people. Trump proved beyond any doubt during his campaign that he doesn't care about anyone other than his own aggrandizement.

Quote:
The only delusional ones I'm seeing here are Trump, his supporters, and you in particular.

The media's not crooked. Everything Trump has accused the media of has been proven false.

Oh, and I'm not on the left.

Quote:
Then you're now admitting that Trump has his head up his tush. Trump actually told his supporters that he just said stuff he never intended to do just to get elected.

Quote:

You're truly delusional.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:20 AM
BANNED

Trump pissed me off today by having Secret Service investigate what looks like a very fuckable teacher with a nice thigh-gap for acting out Trump's assassination in her classroom. If it ever gets to court and I'm a judge, she'd sure get a stern one-on-one talking to in my chambers...
Old 01-26-2017, 07:00 AM

Welcome to the boards, gopachok. Nice you see you continuing with this little misogyny theme you've got going.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Welcome to the boards, gopachok. Nice you see you continuing with this little misogyny theme you've got going.
You're welcome, Gyrate.
You can count on it, dude.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:12 AM
Charter Member

You've had a busy morning. Might want to pace yourself.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:07 AM

It's the invasion of the ruskie fuckwits.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

He has pissed me off by providing more rant fodder for my husband, which I am cursed to listen to every evening. It hasn't even been a week and I'm already tired of hearing how the world and everything in it is going to go to hell. He was this way during the Bush administration, also, and I was tempted to smothered him in his sleep then.

So fuck you Trump for feeding into my husband's insecurities.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFaerie View Post
He has pissed me off by providing more rant fodder for my husband, which I am cursed to listen to every evening. It hasn't even been a week and I'm already tired of hearing how the world and everything in it is going to go to hell. He was this way during the Bush administration, also, and I was tempted to smothered him in his sleep then.

So fuck you Trump for feeding into my husband's insecurities.
Considering that Bush was an absolute disaster for the US and the world, it sounds like your husband is a smart guy.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:

Reported for trolling.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Fuck off.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky_Kong View Post
Considering that Bush was an absolute disaster for the US and the world, it sounds like your husband is a smart guy.
He is a smart guy, and I agree, things are looking bleak, but I already know things are going to shit and I don't need my husband preaching it to me every night as if bitching to me is going to change anything. Apparently because he is retired and watches CNN/MSNBC/whatever all day, he assumes that I don't know what is going on in the world because I was at work all day. It's really annoying.

At least it's not FOX news. I'd probably divorce him.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnRules View Post
It's the invasion of the ruskie fuckwits.
They're about as Russian as a deep-fried Twinkie.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFaerie View Post
He is a smart guy, and I agree, things are looking bleak, but I already know things are going to shit and I don't need my husband preaching it to me every night as if bitching to me is going to change anything. Apparently because he is retired and watches CNN/MSNBC/whatever all day, he assumes that I don't know what is going on in the world because I was at work all day. It's really annoying.

At least it's not FOX news. I'd probably divorce him.
Maybe convince him to volunteer for an organization that helps with one of those issues he complains about? Being proactive might cheer him up.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky_Kong View Post
Maybe convince him to volunteer for an organization that helps with one of those issues he complains about? Being proactive might cheer him up.
Thanks for caring, SK. I've already suggested it to him. He needs a new hobby.
But it won't change his basic nature to think that he's the only one who sees what's going on in the world.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:20 PM

I'm working at home today. I went to the kitchen to talk to my wife, and our president was on television, giving a speech in Philadelphia. During the brief time I could hear him, he started sentences "what the hell" and "where the hell". I am not a prude about language, but I think that our president ought to be able to code-switch between casual private speech and public, official speech. This one apparently can't.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:31 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotalus View Post
I'm working at home today. I went to the kitchen to talk to my wife, and our president was on television, giving a speech in Philadelphia. During the brief time I could hear him, he started sentences "what the hell" and "where the hell". I am not a prude about language, but I think that our president ought to be able to code-switch between casual private speech and public, official speech. This one apparently can't.
That is his public, official speech. In private he talks about grabbing pussy.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:41 PM

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but it's going through my Facebook feed (FWIW) that he's placed a gag order on not just science departments but on all federal agencies. Anybody know if this is true? I have some Facebook friends who work for various agencies and have created new FB pages with pseudonyms but even then they're keeping their heads down after posting that they need to keep their mouths shut.

If this is true, it's as scary as all the rest, if not more so.

Last edited by JcWoman; 01-26-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Charter Member

I expect that Trump will tell his followers that this joker should be locked up.

http://www.computerworld.com/article...-to-tweet.html
Quote:
During his campaign, Trump frequently expressed concerns over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's use of a personal e-mail server for some official business.

"We should learn from the lessons of Secretary Clinton, who used an unsecured device for much of her tenure," Entner said. "There are very are sophisticated people and countries out there who love to know what the President talks about to his inner circle."

The White House could not be reached to comment on President Trump's activity on his Android device or his Twitter account during his first week in office. A spokesman for the U.S. Secret Service referred questions about the matter to the White House.

The Secret Service protects the president and was likely involved in the decision to give Trump a more secure device just before last Friday's inauguration. It was widely assumed at that time that Trump would give up his Android phone, reportedly a Samsung Galaxy S model.

However, The New York Times report of his first five days of living in the White House indicated Trump still used "his old, unsecured Android phone, to the protests of some of his aides." He wrote and sent out a tweet on Tuesday that he would "send in the Feds" to Chicago to help end gun violence and killings there.
Naaaaahh..
Old 01-26-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
That is his public, official speech. In private he talks about grabbing pussy.
Yeah, I guess I knew that this is the way it was going to be. It still pisses me off.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:07 PM

The State Department's entire senior mgmt team just resigned/got purged. These are career FS officers that have served the American People for decades across several administrations. Probably 100+ years of badly needed experience down the memory hole.

I was worried about the first 100 days. Now I'm legitimately terrified about the next 100 hours.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:30 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by quimper View Post
I was worried about the first 100 days. Now I'm legitimately terrified about the next 100 hours.
Aww, you poow baby, it wiww be ok, it wiww be ok...
Why would you be terrified of having the people who oversaw the steepest decline of American influence since Jimmy Carter resign?
Sure, you can blame Ogunga all you want, but the complete and utter incompetence of State Department is obvious. It is high time to clean the house and drain the swamp..
Old 01-26-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcWoman View Post
I haven't seen it mentioned here, but it's going through my Facebook feed (FWIW) that he's placed a gag order on not just science departments but on all federal agencies. Anybody know if this is true? I have some Facebook friends who work for various agencies and have created new FB pages with pseudonyms but even then they're keeping their heads down after posting that they need to keep their mouths shut.

If this is true, it's as scary as all the rest, if not more so.
From a friend of mine, who is co-author of a book with the person who sent him the following:

Quote:
"So I work at the EPA and yeah it's as bad as you are hearing:

The entire agency is under lockdown, the website, facebook, twitter, you name it, is static and can't be updated. All reports, findings, permits and studies are frozen and not to be released. No presentations or meetings with outside groups are to be scheduled.

Any Press contacting us are to be directed to the Press Office which is also silenced and will give no response.
All grants and contracts are frozen from the contractors working on Superfund sites to grad school students working on their thesis.

We are still doing our work, writing reports, doing cancer modeling for pesticides hoping that this is temporary and we will be able to serve the public soon. But many of us are worried about an ideologically-fueled purging and if you use any federal data I advise you gather what you can now.
We have been told the website is being reworked to reflect the new administration's policy.

Feel free to copy and paste, you all pay for the government and you should know what's going on. I am posting this as a fellow citizen and not in any sort of official capacity."

Last edited by Euphonious Polemic; 01-26-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopachok View Post
It is high time to clean the house and drain the swamp..
Have you been in a coma while he was assembling his cabinet? He is fertilizing the fucking swamp and adding stagnant water.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotalus View Post
Have you been in a coma while he was assembling his cabinet? He is fertilizing the fucking swamp and adding stagnant water.
Yes, I have. Please expand on your thoughts, etc. Thank you.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, I have. Please expand on your thoughts, etc. Thank you.
Ooh, a live concern troll! Goody
Old 01-26-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quimper View Post
Ooh, a live concern troll! Goody
I wanna feed it! I wanna feed it! That "Ogunga" was like a hook with a tasty treat on it!
Old 01-26-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Aww, you poow baby, it wiww be ok, it wiww be ok...
Why would you be terrified of having the people who oversaw the steepest decline of American influence since Jimmy Carter resign?
Can someone please explain to me why just about every single republican to join this forum has the IQ of a fucking mashed potato? Like, it's uncanny. Where the fuck are the smart conservatives? Surely they must exist, yet for some reason the only people who are willing to post here are fucking retards like this jackass, who apparently don't get that experience matters at high-ranking state department posts, and that replacing positions like that is really hard, and that inserting clueless numpties to important department positions doesn't make things better.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:34 PM

Whenever any of you are upset, just browse this Twitter account that retweets people who regret voting Trump: https://twitter.com/trump_regrets?lang=en
Old 01-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Can someone please explain to me why just about every single republican to join this forum has the IQ of a fucking mashed potato? Like, it's uncanny. Where the fuck are the smart conservatives? Surely they must exist, yet for some reason the only people who are willing to post here are fucking retards like this jackass, who apparently don't get that experience matters at high-ranking state department posts, and that replacing positions like that is really hard, and that inserting clueless numpties to important department positions doesn't make things better.
Remember that old movie "Revenge of the Nerds"? Well, this election has been the opposite: Revenge of the Morons. And the whole country has to suffer the consequences.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Can someone please explain to me why just about every single republican to join this forum has the IQ of a fucking mashed potato? Like, it's uncanny. .
One reason, I suspect, is that we're being repeatedly served the same potato on a new paper plate.