Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 01-28-2017, 05:10 PM
Blinkyandpinky is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Here's one...

Trump issued his royal decree on refugees. You know the one to ban all terrorists. But only the Muslim ones. And only certain oens.
I can easily diagnose the source of your leftist anger, and the guilty party is clearly yourself, because you are ignorant and misinformed.

Ban all terrorists? Those are your words, not Trump's.

You haven't been paying attention in class, because Trump has repeatedly been speaking very specifically about Islamic terrorism. You know, the ones that are the worst and the ones that must be eliminated completely. They are the ones that will be given priority, as they pose the greatest threat. This is plain common sense.

Trump's executive orders so far are a very good start, but obviously more has to be done, and I suspect that more good news will be coming sooner or later.
  #202  
Old 01-28-2017, 06:56 PM
Guest-starring: Id!'s Avatar
Guest-starring: Id! is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3,990
oh well, guess it's my turn to dole out the troll gruel....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
I can easily diagnose the source of your leftist anger, and the guilty party is clearly yourself, because you are ignorant and misinformed.
Hey great diagnosing. Especially how easily you backed up how ignorant and misinformed he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
You know, the ones that are the worst and the ones that must be eliminated completely.
Yeah, carpetbomb them all, right?
  #203  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Mind's Eye, Watering is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
You haven't been paying attention in class, because Trump has repeatedly been speaking very specifically about Islamic terrorism. You know, the ones that are the worst and the ones that must be eliminated completely. They are the ones that will be given priority, as they pose the greatest threat. This is plain common sense.
Quote:
The president's executive action, which he signed Friday at the Pentagon, applies to these countries: Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Yemen, Iraq and Sudan.

Yet no Muslim extremist from any of these places has carried out a fatal attack in the U.S. in more than two decades.

In contrast, here are the countries of origin of radicalized Muslims who carried out deadly attacks in the U.S., beginning on Sept. 11, 2001: Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Russia and Pakistan.
The ban does NOT apply to the countries that HAVE produced deadly terrorists. Source

Tell us how any of that makes any sense, dummy.

Last edited by Mind's Eye, Watering; 01-28-2017 at 07:04 PM.
  #204  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Monty's Avatar
Monty is offline
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 22,883
I'm wondering how long it's going to be before one of those green card holders who also happens to be serving in the United States armed forces gets denied re-entry to the US.
  #205  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:05 PM
Blinkyandpinky is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye, Watering View Post
The ban does NOT apply to the countries that HAVE produced deadly terrorists.

Source
Tell us how any of that makes any sense, dummy.
I agree with you that the current ban does not go far enough, and countries like Saudi Arabia should definitely be included, and hopefully they will be soon, and then that will no longer be a concern for you.
  #206  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:12 PM
Blank Slate's Avatar
Blank Slate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,311
Has president AnusFace Scumbag resigned in disgrace yet? Soon, soon.
  #207  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Mind's Eye, Watering is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
I agree with you that the current ban does not go far enough, and countries like Saudi Arabia should definitely be included, and hopefully they will be soon, and then that will no longer be a concern for you.
Except that the Man-Child In Chief had or has business interests in those countries that HAVE produced deadly terrorists.

You haven't been paying attention in class, have you dummy?

Last edited by Mind's Eye, Watering; 01-28-2017 at 07:18 PM.
  #208  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:17 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 36,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
I agree with you that the current ban does not go far enough, and countries like Saudi Arabia should definitely be included, and hopefully they will be soon, and then that will no longer be a concern for you.
He has business interests there. Not a fucking chance.
  #209  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:21 PM
Blinkyandpinky is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye, Watering View Post
Except that the Man-Child In Chief had or has business interests in those countries that HAVE produced deadly terrorists.
President Trump is an extremely successful businessperson who naturally has dealings all across the globe.

President Trump will be receiving a salary of $1 I believe.

Trump is the complete opposite of Democrat politicians like Hillary, who operated a pay for play scheme and who used their political power to personally enrich themselves through their corrupt foundations and "charities".
  #210  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:28 PM
Mind's Eye, Watering is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
President Trump is an extremely successful businessperson who naturally has dealings all across the globe.
So?

Quote:
President Trump will be receiving a salary of $1 I believe.
So?

Quote:
Trump is the complete opposite of Democrat politicians like Hillary, who operated a pay for play scheme and who used their political power to personally enrich themselves through their corrupt foundations and "charities".
What does that have to do with a ban on Muslims, dummy?
  #211  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:29 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 28,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
President Trump is an extremely successful businessperson who naturally has dealings all across the globe.

President Trump will be receiving a salary of $1 I believe.

Trump is the complete opposite of Democrat politicians like Hillary, who operated a pay for play scheme and who used their political power to personally enrich themselves through their corrupt foundations and "charities".
No one will believe it until he releases his taxes. Plus the ones as president a year from now, you can not take him at his word at all regarding where his money goes.
  #212  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Northern Piper is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: The snow is gone. For now
Posts: 29,165
How has President Trump pissed you off today?

I think it's obvious: Stop referring to the President of the United States as "Leader of the Free World"

Last edited by Northern Piper; 01-28-2017 at 07:43 PM.
  #213  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:40 PM
not what you'd expect is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,782
Most Christians I know, support this mother fucking ban. Here's what the bible has to say about immigrants.

http://welcomingthestranger.com/wp_w...nd-immigration

Here are some passages to start you out: “The LORD your God is the God of all gods and Lord of all lords, the great, mighty, and awesome God who doesn’t play favorites and doesn’t take bribes. He enacts justice for orphans and widows, and he loves immigrants, giving them food and clothing. That means you must also love immigrants because you were immigrants in Egypt” (Deuteronomy 10:17-19 CEB) “You must not oppress foreigners. You know what it’s like to be a foreigner, for you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt” (Exodus 23:9 NLT) “When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God” (Leviticus 19:33-34 ESV) "

That's just a small piece.

I'm an atheist and the Christians I know who support this ban, better hope I'm right, cause I imagine god might have a problem with their thinking on this.
  #214  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:42 PM
Blinkyandpinky is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye, Watering View Post
What does that have to do with a ban on Muslims, dummy?
Trump's ban is legal.

Leftist dummies such as yourself should just learn to deal with it. You don't really have any other choice, as ignoring reality will not change anything.

You could always go out and join the few dummies and losers that have gathered at a few different airports to protest. That wont change anything either, but it does provide temporary entertainment for people like me, so something positive does comes out of their protest in the end at least, even it's unintentional.
  #215  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:45 PM
Mind's Eye, Watering is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
Trump's ban is legal.
Did you see anywhere that I complained that his EO is NOT legal, dummy?

You're "special", aren't you? You know...retarded?

I thought so.
  #216  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:49 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 36,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
Trump's ban is legal.

Leftist dummies such as yourself should just learn to deal with it. You don't really have any other choice, as ignoring reality will not change anything.
Cite for refugees from those countries committing terrorism?

Or am I mistaking your anus for your mouth?
  #217  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:50 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 28,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
Trump's ban is legal.
We'll see about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
Leftist dummies such as yourself should just learn to deal with it. You don't really have any other choice, as ignoring reality will not change anything.
Meet the current reality that you are denying:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...n-amid-refugee
Quote:
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) on Saturday sued the Trump administration on behalf of two men who were detained at an airport while traveling back to the U.S. because of President Trump's immigration crackdown.

The suit was filed on behalf of Hameed Khalid Darweesh and Haider Sameer Abdulkhaleq, two men from Iraq who were detained and threatened with deportation shortly after arriving at New York’s Kennedy International Airport on Friday, hours after Trump's executive order was signed.

“President Trump's war on equality is already taking a terrible human toll,” ACLU president Omar Jadwat said in a statement. “This ban cannot be allowed to continue.”

Darweesh worked as an interpreter, engineer and contractor for the U.S. government in Iraq from about 2003 to 2013, according to the complaint filed in the Eastern District of New York. His life was in danger in Iraq because of his ties to the U.S., the ACLU said.

Alshawi was traveling to Houston, Texas, to join his wife and child, who are both permanent legal residents of the U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
You could always go out and join the few dummies and losers that have gathered at a few different airports to protest. That wont change anything either, but it does provide temporary entertainment for people like me, so something positive does comes out of their protest in the end at least, even it's unintentional.
Well, I would think that having more interpreters or former locals that are willing to help against ISIS or to destroy them would be a positive thing, but thanks to idiots like you those efforts will be undermined.

Last edited by GIGObuster; 01-28-2017 at 07:51 PM.
  #218  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Blinkyandpinky is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Cite for refugees from those countries committing terrorism?

Or am I mistaking your anus for your mouth?
Pay attention to news and current events.

Think with your brain, not your anus.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-isis-smu...efugees-453039

In the case of the Paris attacks, only four of the 198 refugees who arrived on the Greek island of Leros that day were terrorists. That is just 2 percent. But that 2 percent were able to carry out an attack that killed at least 130 people.
  #219  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:17 PM
JKellyMap's Avatar
JKellyMap is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
Pay attention to news and current events.

Think with your brain, not your anus.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-isis-smu...efugees-453039

In the case of the Paris attacks, only four of the 198 refugees who arrived on the Greek island of Leros that day were terrorists. That is just 2 percent. But that 2 percent were able to carry out an attack that killed at least 130 people.
75 percent of the people who arrived on Leros that day, and who were left-handed, and whose birthday was in winter, were involved in that terrible attack. 75 percent!!
  #220  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:26 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 28,864
I noticed that Trump is beginning to piss even some Republican senators.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...xecutive-order
Quote:
GOP lawmakers are stepping out against President Trump’s executive order barring many refugees and citizens of certain predominantly Muslim countries from entering the U.S.

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) called the order "unacceptable" amid concerns that it would prevent legal permanent residents from entering the U.S., which the administration attempted to clarify on Saturday.

"President Trump and his administration are right to be concerned about national security, but it’s unacceptable when even legal permanent residents are being detained or turned away at airports and ports of entry," Flake said in a statement.

"Enhancing long term national security requires that we have a clear-eyed view of radical Islamic terrorism without ascribing radical Islamic terrorist views to all Muslims," Flake added.

The Department of Homeland Security said Saturday that Trump's order also applies to green card holders from the seven affected countries – Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Libya and Yemen – which are all predominantly Muslim.

A senior administration official said that those with green cards, which serve as proof of their permanent legal residence in the U.S., would need a case-by-case waiver if they were outside the country and wanted to return to the U.S.

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), a vocal Trump critic, also issued a statement Saturday calling the order overly broad and arguing that it played into the hands of terrorist organizations looking to turn Muslims against the U.S.

"There are two ways to lose our generational battle against jihadism by losing touch with reality. The first is to keep pretending that jihadi terrorism has no connection to Islam or to certain countries,” Sasse said. “That’s been a disaster.”

“And here's the second way to fail: If we send a signal to the Middle East that the U.S. sees all Muslims as jihadis, the terrorist recruiters win by telling kids that America is banning Muslims and that this is America versus one religion,” he added.
  #221  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:34 PM
Blinkyandpinky is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post
I noticed that Trump is beginning to piss even some Republican senators.
Those are his enemies, the same people and scoundrels that have always been fiercely opposed to him. They are RINOs, never trumpers, pro-immigration globalists and therefore not very relevant anymore. Their entire world has collapsed with his election, and they do not matter anymore.

A RINO or never trumper is about as currently relevant as a liberal, and there is no stopping the Trump train. People can either choose to get out of the way, hop on board or get run down, their choice.

Last edited by Blinkyandpinky; 01-28-2017 at 08:36 PM.
  #222  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:44 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 28,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
Those are his enemies, the same people and scoundrels that have always been fiercely opposed to him. They are RINOs, never trumpers, pro-immigration globalists and therefore not very relevant anymore. Their entire world has collapsed with his election, and they do not matter anymore.

A RINO or never trumper is about as currently relevant as a liberal, and there is no stopping the Trump train. People can either choose to get out of the way, hop on board or get run down, their choice.
The senate is currently split 52 Rep to 48 Dem or independent.

You are a certified moron for thinking that just 2 of them will not matter anymore, and chances are that others are against Trump in this and other issues.

Last edited by GIGObuster; 01-28-2017 at 08:45 PM.
  #223  
Old 01-28-2017, 10:37 PM
Monty's Avatar
Monty is offline
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 22,883
Blinky: The constitution of the United States of America is pro immigration, you ignorant Nazi.
  #224  
Old 01-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Happy Lendervedder's Avatar
Happy Lendervedder is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,012
I posted this in another thread, but thought I should post it here too because it's relevant to the title of this one: Today Trump replaced the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the Director of National Intelligence on the National Security Council with White Power Steve.


Cite.


Oh sure, the CoJC and DNI may be asked to come back once in a while, but they have to be invited first. "Oh, you didn't get our invite? Must've been lost in the mail, General."

We're headed to a very dark place in this country.
  #225  
Old 01-28-2017, 11:38 PM
Robot Arm is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 23,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
They are RINOs, never trumpers, pro-immigration globalists and therefore not very relevant anymore.
Or, as I like to call them, citizens.
  #226  
Old 01-29-2017, 01:27 AM
foolsguinea is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 15,788
He sent out a tweet saying he'd deport to Mexico everyone protesting his immigration ban. Somebody deleted it, but not before I saw it. Wish I'd thought to print screen.

Yeah, supposedly he doesn't drink. Hah. Guess he's just a twit then.

My Congressmonkeys are going to get an earful about this on Monday.
  #227  
Old 01-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Damuri Ajashi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,292
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politi...der/index.html
  #228  
Old 01-29-2017, 12:31 PM
QuickSilver is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 18,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky
...
Fuck off, you quisling troll.
  #229  
Old 01-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Fuck off, you quisling troll.
Check his IP address. I strongly suspect he's posting from somewhere outside Moscow.
  #230  
Old 01-29-2017, 01:17 PM
Siam Sam is offline
Elephant Whisperer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 40,861
Are four years up yet? It feels like he's been president for a long time now.
  #231  
Old 01-29-2017, 05:43 PM
Ukulele Ike is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,095
While thousands of demonstrators gather at international airports to protest his disgusting Muslim travel ban, the Donald gets down with the 'toons.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...mmigration-ban
  #232  
Old 01-29-2017, 05:46 PM
Siam Sam is offline
Elephant Whisperer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 40,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
While thousands of demonstrators gather at international airports to protest his disgusting Muslim travel ban, the Donald gets down with the 'toons.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...mmigration-ban
Isn't Dory an illegal immigrant?
  #233  
Old 01-29-2017, 08:43 PM
Sunny Daze's Avatar
Sunny Daze is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay Area Urban Sprawl
Posts: 12,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
Are four years up yet? It feels like he's been president for a long time now.
The car hasn't even left the driveway and you're already asking if we're there yet? This is gonna be a looooong trip.
  #234  
Old 01-30-2017, 06:16 AM
Elendil's Heir is offline
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 83,831
The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence are removed from the National Security Council, but hey, that's OK, because Steve Bannon is taking their place!: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politi...non/index.html
  #235  
Old 01-30-2017, 08:58 AM
Maus Magill is offline
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nolensville, TN
Posts: 7,288
Makes sense. He does know more than the generals.

Last edited by Maus Magill; 01-30-2017 at 08:59 AM. Reason: better grammar
  #236  
Old 01-30-2017, 09:38 AM
Defensive Indifference is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 7,000
Trump has tweeted that he will announce his pick for SCOTUS on live TV Tuesday night. I remember during the campaign Trump floated a list of judges he'd pick from. Will his pick come from that list, or will he nominate, say, Ivanka?
  #237  
Old 01-30-2017, 10:22 AM
C3 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 4,134
WTF is this??? http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...34365?cmpid=sf

His latest bonkers executive order.
  #238  
Old 01-30-2017, 11:12 AM
Maus Magill is offline
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nolensville, TN
Posts: 7,288
I have this to say about him. He's actually keeping his campaign promises.

Or at least the insane ones.
  #239  
Old 01-30-2017, 12:12 PM
Merneith is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 6,877
Remember when the Republicans were all freaking out about how Obama thought he was above the law because he was governing by Executive Order?
  #240  
Old 01-30-2017, 12:16 PM
Mr. Greenjeans's Avatar
Mr. Greenjeans is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
Remember when the Republicans were all freaking out about how Obama thought he was above the law because he was governing by Executive Order?
Good times.
  #241  
Old 01-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
Remember when the Republicans were all freaking out about how Obama thought he was above the law because he was governing by Executive Order?
Oh, that's not of concern anymore. In other news, increasing the debt ceiling is now a wonderful thing, and your patriotic duty.
  #242  
Old 01-30-2017, 12:35 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,535
Here's how the world is starting to unfold under Trump:
Quote:
Iran tests ballistic missile in defiance of UN resolution, US officials say
Welcome to a world of escalating threats and actions. Welcome to the nightmare of the future.
  #243  
Old 01-30-2017, 01:00 PM
phantom lamb is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
Those are his enemies, the same people and scoundrels that have always been fiercely opposed to him. They are RINOs, never trumpers, pro-immigration globalists and therefore not very relevant anymore. Their entire world has collapsed with his election, and they do not matter anymore.

A RINO or never trumper is about as currently relevant as a liberal, and there is no stopping the Trump train. People can either choose to get out of the way, hop on board or get run down, their choice.
Lol. This guy.
  #244  
Old 01-30-2017, 01:18 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky
Those are his enemies, the same people and scoundrels that have always been fiercely opposed to him. They are RINOs, never trumpers, pro-immigration globalists and therefore not very relevant anymore. Their entire world has collapsed with his election, and they do not matter anymore.

A RINO or never trumper is about as currently relevant as a liberal, and there is no stopping the Trump train. People can either choose to get out of the way, hop on board or get run down, their choice.
Here's a solution for you for those pesky Republican enemies of yours - worked before.
  #245  
Old 01-30-2017, 02:07 PM
Defensive Indifference is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Here's how the world is starting to unfold under Trump:


Welcome to a world of escalating threats and actions. Welcome to the nightmare of the future.
I thought everyone would be too terrified of Trump to ever challenge him.
  #246  
Old 01-30-2017, 05:07 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by not what you'd expect View Post
Most Christians I know, support this mother fucking ban. Here's what the bible has to say about immigrants.

http://welcomingthestranger.com/wp_w...nd-immigration

Here are some passages to start you out: “The LORD your God is the God of all gods and Lord of all lords, the great, mighty, and awesome God who doesn’t play favorites and doesn’t take bribes. He enacts justice for orphans and widows, and he loves immigrants, giving them food and clothing. That means you must also love immigrants because you were immigrants in Egypt” (Deuteronomy 10:17-19 CEB) “You must not oppress foreigners. You know what it’s like to be a foreigner, for you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt” (Exodus 23:9 NLT) “When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God” (Leviticus 19:33-34 ESV) "

That's just a small piece.

I'm an atheist and the Christians I know who support this ban, better hope I'm right, cause I imagine god might have a problem with their thinking on this.
It's been my observation that most atheists follow the Bible more faithfully than most of the so called "Christians" do.



1 John 3:17 - But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Deuteronomy 23:15-16 - "You shall not hand over to his master a slave who has escaped from his master to you. "He shall live with you in your midst, in the place which he shall choose in one of your towns where it pleases him; you shall not mistreat him.

Leviticus 19:33-34 - “When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Ezekiel 16:49 - Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
  #247  
Old 01-30-2017, 05:10 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
I thought everyone would be too terrified of Trump to ever challenge him.
There are two possibilities...

1. They see him as a weak blowhard who will fold under pressure.
2. They see him as dangerously unhinged and are getting ready for the inevitable.

Either way is BAD.
  #248  
Old 01-30-2017, 05:10 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 36,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
It's been my observation that most atheists follow the Bible more faithfully than most of the so called "Christians" do.



1 John 3:17 - But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Deuteronomy 23:15-16 - "You shall not hand over to his master a slave who has escaped from his master to you. "He shall live with you in your midst, in the place which he shall choose in one of your towns where it pleases him; you shall not mistreat him.

Leviticus 19:33-34 - “When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Ezekiel 16:49 - Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
J.K. Rowling slams Mike Pence with 1 biblical tweet
Quote:
This time Vice President Mike Pence was the man in the firing line. On Sunday, Rowling shared an old tweet sent out by Pence in December 2015.

Calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional.

— Governor Mike Pence (@GovPenceIN) December 8, 2015

She accompanied the retweet with a simple Bible quote.

'For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?'
Matthew 16:26 https://t.co/cYFglX3yRW

— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) January 29, 2017
  #249  
Old 01-30-2017, 05:12 PM
SteveG1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Nuys CA
Posts: 14,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
That only verifies what I knew all along... that Pence is a liar and a hypocrite. Jesus himself had a LOT to say about that type. And none of it was good.
  #250  
Old 01-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Euphonious Polemic is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
I thought everyone would be too terrified of Trump to ever challenge him.
I think Iran is doing the smart thing (for Iran). Trump is a bully, and will only respect a show of force. Expect more of this from various countries.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017