Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:09 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
l, "I'm using tenet correctly" despite hilariously thinking it was a homonym of "tenant"! Because, of course, you can never be wrong.

That you knew none of these things yet lay claim to genius is consistent with all your asinine techno-babble and is yet another testament to your full participation on the left-hand side of the Dunning-Kruger distribution.
I did use tenet correctly. I just mispelt it in a way that the spell check didn't warn me about. And you're accusing me of asperger's when you're trying to use a single mistyped character is "evidence" in your argument that you know things I don't, and I should have some humility.

You just pitted yourself. If you were smart, you'd actually compare hypotheses instead of jumping to conclusions.

1. Hypothesis 1 : SamuelA doesn't know the word tenet, despite using the word "tenant" in exactly the same context the word "tenet" would be used. Therefore I can use this evidence as proof that for topics I know nothing about, SamuelA is wrong.

2. Hypothesis 2 : SamuelA mistyped tenet as "tenant" because he's a human being and has flaws like any human being.

If you were intelligent, you'd be able to pick which of these hypotheses has better empirical support.

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 03:12 PM.
  #252  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:10 PM
Tripler is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: JSOTF SDMB, OL-LANL
Posts: 7,274
Holy shit on a shingle. I go away on vacation for a few days for the Holidays, and it. . . it just doesn't stop? SamuelA, why do you keep on continuing to dig your own egotistical and intellectual grave? Listen man, I really need you to step away from Mom's computer for a second, go upstairs, and get some sunshine. We all need to collectively have an intervention with you.

It seems that over the Christmas, your ego raided your father's liquor cabinet at night, and passed out on the front lawn. It was found the next morning curled up in the cold, wearing nothing but unbuckled galoshes, boxer shorts, and a trenchcoat while mumbling something about "Mom's meatloaf." Your integrity and reputation were nowhere to be found. Your imagination however, was on top of the roof, equally fucking smashed, riding your Mom's Santa display by trying to fuck Rudolph from behind "because his shiny nose is proof he's got nanobots!" Seriously man, we need to reign in your personality elements just a skosh before you take this 'Holier Than Thou ALL' attitude too serioulsy and you do something 'kinetic' to Mom's computer that ends up bad for you.

I've tried to read through your posts from the past few days, but your technobabble proves to me that while English is in fact your preferred method of communication, your primary languages are 'fanciful imagination' and 'wishful thinking.' I've asked, but you haven't provided any iota of evidence of any professional certifications or academic training that makes you even remotely qualified in the comments you have on the topics and hand; and frankly, you're still playing with smoke and mirrors to find a technology that will either A) support a flimsy argument, or B) you can rest your laurels on to "prove" that you're right. Remember that whole "Atomic Act of 1946" thing you tried to pass off as fact? C'mon man, there are people here that know what they're talking about, and you can't baffle us with bullshit (not all of us).

It's okay to be wrong brother, but the first step is admitting you have an egotistical problem that clouds your judgement. I am the first in line to say I'm not an expert in lots of things, but I do know an airplane in a flaming tailspin towards the ground when I see it. Perhaps your autopilot is still engaged and stuck on 'descent.' You need to "aviate, navigate, and communicate" the way out of your situation.

Tripler
Seriously, all you have to do in the first step is take a breather.
  #253  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:14 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
I've tried to read through your posts from the past few days, but your technobabble proves to me that while English is in fact your preferred method of communication, your primary languages are 'fanciful imagination' and 'wishful thinking.' I've asked, but you haven't provided any iota of evidence of any professional certifications or academic training that makes you even remotely qualified in the comments you have on the topics and hand; and frankly, you're still playing with smoke and mirrors to find a technology that will either A) support a flimsy argument, or B) you can rest your laurels on to "prove" that you're right. Remember that whole "Atomic Act of 1946" thing you tried to pass off as fact? C'mon man, there are people here that know what they're talking about, and you can't baffle us with bullshit (not all of us).
I quoted an article stating I was right about the Atomic Energy Act. It clearly stated and supported the conclusion I reached. Turns out, the Washington post was not a correct primary source, my bad. I acknowledged I shouldn't have trusted them without doing further research....in thread. I quoted the article. You called me a lier and said that even though the post where i mentioned their conclusion but linked something else, I must have just been lying. Without producing my browser history in a way that can't be faked, guess I can't disprove your "lying" hypothesis...though it is also poorly supported by evidence.

Do you have any other support for your "technobabble" hypothesis? Or is the only topic you feel qualified to comment on? You know there was a long thread about using nukes to redirect asteroids, and I did some solid work there. Must be something you can nitpick. All you did was jump in and claim long distance tightbeam nuclear shaped charges won't work...which isn't something that I claimed.

TLDR, no bullshitter, you're the bullshitter. What you just posted is steaming bullshit, and an impartial intelligent observer would acknowledge that.

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 03:17 PM.
  #254  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:17 PM
QuickSilver is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 18,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
I did use tenet correctly. I just mispelt it in a way that the spell check didn't warn me about. And you're accusing me of asperger's when you're trying to use a single mistyped character is "evidence" in your argument that you know things I don't, and I should have some humility.

You just pitted yourself. If you were smart, you'd actually compare hypotheses instead of jumping to conclusions.

1. Hypothesis 1 : SamuelA doesn't know the word tenet, despite using the word "tenant" in exactly the same context the word "tenet" would be used. Therefore I can use this evidence as proof that for topics I know nothing about, SamuelA is wrong.

2. Hypothesis 2 : SamuelA mistyped tenet as "tenant" because he's a human being and has flaws like any human being.

If you were intelligent, you'd be able to pick which of these hypotheses has better empirical support.
I don't think you have Asperger's, Sam.

I think you're just a common, everyday, arrogant, know-nothing, argumentative asshole who found himself a forum with a captive audience.
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #255  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:18 PM
Mr. Nylock is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 3,093
Personally I think Tripler just pitted himself. Do I have it right? I'm trying to figure out what goes into the determination of an assessment that one has pitted themselves.
__________________
I am a guest
  #256  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:18 PM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 61,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Do you have any other support for your "technobabble" hypothesis? Or is the only topic you feel qualified to comment on? You know there was a long thread about using nukes to redirect asteroids, and I did some solid work there. Must be something you can nitpick.
He is handing you your ass, and you are asking him to run it through a Veg-O-Matic first?
  #257  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:19 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I don't think you have Asperger's, Sam.

I think you're just a common, everyday, arrogant, know-nothing, argumentative asshole who found himself a forum with a captive audience.
Captive how? All you have to do is leave this thread, leaving me with the last word. You're pitting yourself. You obviously are so argumentative that you're posting here to justify your own idiocy. You must have these same qualities.

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 03:19 PM.
  #258  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Mr. Nylock is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 3,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I don't think you have Asperger's, Sam.

I think you're just a common, everyday, arrogant, know-nothing, argumentative asshole who found himself a forum with a captive audience.
Tell me you don't find this entertaining. It's 4:19 on a Thursday during the holiday season, there's no other game in town.
__________________
I am a guest
  #259  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:21 PM
MichaelEmouse's Avatar
MichaelEmouse is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,222
Is anyone else reminded of Shagnasty? Trying to impress people on a forum by going into fits of fancy then digging ever deeper when challenged.

Step away for a week and replace forum posting and sci-fi fantasizing with exercise and meditation. Or dig deeper.
  #260  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:21 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nylock View Post
Personally I think Tripler just pitted himself. Do I have it right? I'm trying to figure out what goes into the determination of an assessment that one has pitted themselves.
He pitted himself because he posted a wall of bullshit where he calls another poster a bullshitter. It's bullshit because when he claims "technobabble", he's just revealing his own ignorance and lack of ability to discern the difference between "technobabble" and real ideas. A person who's ignorant can't tell the difference between "magnetic refrigeration" and "remodulating the phaser banks". It's all just "technobabble" to them.

He uses as "support" for his argument a thread where he argues as himself as a primary source against the Washington Post. And then claims I was the bullshitter for assuming the newspaper was a more credible source than him, who I thought was just a hand jamming bomb diffuser, not a guy who'd know anything about nukes other than how to disarm one.

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 03:24 PM.
  #261  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:21 PM
Tripler is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: JSOTF SDMB, OL-LANL
Posts: 7,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
You know there was a long thread about using nukes to redirect asteroids, and I did some solid work there. Must be something you can nitpick.
Oh, I know that thread. That's the one where you did some fanciful speculation in using warheads that were never vetted or tested, but continued to wave your hands in their "miracle application" that they could propel us beyond the stars. For that particular topic, I would ask--why the hell would we waste SNM on propulsion when we need your magically calculated 634 weapons? You make too many assumptions without the technical background to support them.

I will ask a third time: what are your qualifications on some of these topics?

Tripler
Solid work on your part, indeed.
  #262  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:22 PM
JohnT's Avatar
JohnT is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 22,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Captive how? All you have to do is leave this thread, leaving me with the last word. You're pitting yourself. You obviously are so argumentative that you're posting here to justify your own idiocy. You must have these same qualities.
We come here to argue. It is our greatest strength... and our greatest weakness.

Last edited by JohnT; 12-28-2017 at 03:23 PM.
  #263  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:22 PM
Ramira's Avatar
Ramira is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
He is handing you your ass, and you are asking him to run it through a Veg-O-Matic first?
No self awareness.

He seems to sincerely believe he's not becoming the laughing stocks in the record time here, but actually impressing.

It is amusing in a kind of embarrassing way.
  #264  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:23 PM
Darren Garrison's Avatar
Darren Garrison is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 10,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nylock View Post
Personally I think Tripler just pitted himself. Do I have it right? I'm trying to figure out what goes into the determination of an assessment that one has pitted themselves.
I don't want...anybody else...when I think a-bout you I pit myself.
  #265  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:25 PM
Morgenstern is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,866
Wow stand back. Someone pissed off the hive.


I'm headed to Café Society where proper people mingle.
  #266  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:28 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
Oh, I know that thread. That's the one where you did some fanciful speculation in using warheads that were never vetted or tested, but continued to wave your hands in their "miracle application" that they could propel us beyond the stars. For that particular topic, I would ask--why the hell would we waste SNM on propulsion when we need your magically calculated 634 weapons? You make too many assumptions without the technical background to support them.

I will ask a third time: what are your qualifications on some of these topics?

Tripler
Solid work on your part, indeed.
Umm, I used the yields of actual devices for a Fermi estimate. Let's test your background : which warheads hit 3 kilograms/kiloton? Do optimized nukes exist that are that good or not?

And please quote the post where I talk about going to the stars. For 634 weapons, you get a 1 cm/second velocity change on a 1 kilometer asteroid. Please tell me how you can make a starship with that kind of 'incredible engine performance'. Give me an estimate of how much propellant you would need for a 100 ton payload, dV of 1% C, and an ISP of 7500.

What are your qualifications to question mine? I told you mine, guess you just forgot. I at least can do basic math and have my half finished degree in machine learning plus another graduate degree. Whatcha got on your end? Military send you to school for military history or did you at least pick up a STEM degree? Do you think you need a pHD in aerospace engineering to estimate the performance of a rocket system or is a calculator enough?

One thing ignorant people do a lot of is go by who is saying something instead of what they are saying.

This is why lots of people fall for bullshit health and nutritional scams because "a doctor on TV said so". Fact is, in our civilization, if it ain't backed up by dozens or hundreds of peer reviewed studies all showing the same thing, it's probably bullshit, and it doesn't matter who's saying it.

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 03:32 PM.
  #267  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:29 PM
Tripler is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: JSOTF SDMB, OL-LANL
Posts: 7,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nylock View Post
Personally I think Tripler just pitted himself. Do I have it right? I'm trying to figure out what goes into the determination of an assessment that one has pitted themselves.
Hey, I'm listening! You've got open ears. . . what're you thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
I don't want...anybody else...when I think a-bout you I pit myself.
Plus two points for the 90s reference.

Tripler
Gawd I think there's an Offspring song about all of this, isn't there?
  #268  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Mr. Nylock is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 3,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
I don't want...anybody else...when I think a-bout you I pit myself.
I came this close to copying and pasting that song and replacing touch with pit. I was thinking of altering a couple other words also, but they didn't really go together. I wonder if SamuelA is old enough to get the reference. I wonder where the Devinyls are now? Are they still touching themselves? Is someone else touching them? Are they dead? I'm too lazy to actually look any of this up though. I'm not too lazy to write about writing about being too lazy though - I have reached a point of stasis. Worship me you fools!!!
__________________
I am a guest
  #269  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Tripler is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: JSOTF SDMB, OL-LANL
Posts: 7,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nylock View Post
I I wonder if SamuelA is old enough to get the reference. I wonder where the Devinyls are now? Are they still touching themselves? Is someone else touching them? Are they dead? I'm too lazy to actually look any of this up though. I'm not too lazy to write about writing about being too lazy though - I have reached a point of stasis.
Didn't one of them have their own soap-opera-time-slot talk show? Or am I confusing that with someone else? I never watched soap operas, so I admit I'm wildly confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nylock View Post
Worship me you fools!!!
LOL

Tripler
You must be smarter than all of us.

Last edited by Tripler; 12-28-2017 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Forgot an end quote
  #270  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:34 PM
QuickSilver is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 18,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nylock View Post
Tell me you don't find this entertaining. It's 4:19 on a Thursday during the holiday season, there's no other game in town.
Immensely entertaining. It's the gift that keeps on posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Captive how? All you have to do is leave this thread, leaving me with the last word. You're pitting yourself. You obviously are so argumentative that you're posting here to justify your own idiocy. You must have these same qualities.
If only you limited your stupidity to just this one thread, we'd all be grateful. But no. You insist on polluting multiple board forums with your brand of ignorance. So much so that it's earned you your very own dedicated ass kicking.
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #271  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 61,295
[Oprah Winfrey Voice]You're pitting yourself, you're pitting yourself, and you're pitting yourself-You're ALL pitting yourselves!![/OWV]

Last edited by Czarcasm; 12-28-2017 at 03:38 PM.
  #272  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:40 PM
Darren Garrison's Avatar
Darren Garrison is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 10,941
/Nelson Muntz
Stop pitting yourself! Stop pitting yourself! Stop pitting yourself! Stop pitting yourself!
  #273  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:43 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Immensely entertaining. It's the gift that keeps on posting!



If only you limited your stupidity to just this one thread, we'd all be grateful. But no. You insist on polluting multiple board forums with your brand of ignorance. So much so that it's earned you your very own dedicated ass kicking.
Yes, it's very well and good when it's deserved. Does Shodan have a pit thread? Edit : he does have at least one. But when you try to kick someone's ass, and end up kicking your own ass by proving yourself wrong/dumb instead of them, well, it's embarrassing. It's not quite Oprah. LSLguy hasn't pitted himself in this forum. Not everyone has pitted themself.

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 03:46 PM.
  #274  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:49 PM
Tripler is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: JSOTF SDMB, OL-LANL
Posts: 7,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Umm, I used the yields of actual devices for a Fermi estimate. Let's test your background : which warheads hit 3 kilograms/kiloton? Do optimized nukes exist that are that good or not?
No. Because you're data mining, and I will not tell you how much SNM is in a warhead that reaches over 300kt. You may be able to look that up on open-source media. If you want to ask me about classified information, please specifically state so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
And please quote the post where I talk about going to the stars. For 634 weapons, you get a 1 cm/second velocity change on a 1 kilometer asteroid. Please tell me how you can make a starship with that kind of 'incredible engine performance'. Give me an estimate of how much propellant you would need for a 100 ton payload, dV of 1% C, and an ISP of 7500.
I see, I made what your ego considers an 'offensive statement'. You wanted to reach this asteroid with an 'Orion Drive' and I am calling you out on it. What are you qualifications to set those parameters for spacelift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
What are your qualifications to question mine? I told you mine, guess you just forgot.
No, you simply never indicated them. If you did, then link to that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
I at least can do basic math and have my half finished degree in machine learning plus another graduate degree. Whatcha got on your end? Military send you to school for military history or did you at least pick up a STEM degree? Do you think you need a pHD in aerospace engineering to estimate the performance of a rocket system or is a calculator enough?
What I read hear is you bailed out of one program, and got another. Correct me if I'm wrong. . . we can wait.

At this point, I've got ten years' experience in weapons, between everything from conventional, biological, and nuclear. My BS is E.E. My Masters' is in Aerospace Science. My experience over the past ten year has been managing and commanding responses to various weapons. I am too modest to discuss my deployment experiences, but I would like to hear your pedigree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
One thing ignorant people do a lot of is go by who is saying something instead of what they are saying.
One thing ignorant people do is hide behind their smoke and mirrors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
This is why lots of people fall for bullshit health and nutritional scams because "a doctor on TV said so". Fact is, in our civilization, if it ain't backed up by dozens or hundreds of peer reviewed studies all showing the same thing, it's probably bullshit, and it doesn't matter who's saying it.
Aaaaaaah, the old 'Illuminati Response'. Becuase "They" told us so, it must be wrong. But SamuelA I will remind you for a fourth Goddamned time, that I want to know what credibility, certification, or education you have to call some of these people into question. For all intents and purposes, you could be a goddamed shoe clerk with opinions on nuclear weapons, and it just doesn't fucking matter. Please do tell where you're coming from.

Tripler
Fifth time: What are your qualifications to speak on these matters?

Last edited by Tripler; 12-28-2017 at 03:50 PM.
  #275  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:49 PM
QuickSilver is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 18,247
/Mr. T.

I pitting the fool.
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #276  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:53 PM
Mr. Nylock is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bed
Posts: 3,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Yes, it's very well and good when it's deserved. Does Shodan have a pit thread? But when you try to kick someone's ass, and end up kicking your own ass by proving yourself wrong/dumb instead of them, well, it's embarrassing. It's not quite Oprah. LSLguy hasn't pitted himself in this forum. Not everyone has pitted themself.
Alright, if you think LSLGuy hasn't pitted himself, why not think a little bit more about the advice he has given you? He is, (as far as I can tell), a very well regarded poster on this board, and he is being sincere. I'm a bit of an asshole that would just as soon laugh at your nonsense then try to give you any advise or even put the effort into engaging with you other than to amuse myself by laughing at your foolish responses.

Unlike me though, LSLGuy is a genuinely good person (as far as I can tell) who really wants to help you out, and has very sound advise.
__________________
I am a guest
  #277  
Old 12-28-2017, 03:59 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
No. Because you're data mining, and I will not tell you how much SNM is in a warhead that reaches over 300kt. You may be able to look that up on open-source media. If you want to ask me about classified information, please specifically state so.



I see, I made what your ego considers an 'offensive statement'. You wanted to reach this asteroid with an 'Orion Drive' and I am calling you out on it. What are you qualifications to set those parameters for spacelift?



No, you simply never indicated them. If you did, then link to that post.



What I read hear is you bailed out of one program, and got another. Correct me if I'm wrong. . . we can wait.

At this point, I've got ten years' experience in weapons, between everything from conventional, biological, and nuclear. My BS is E.E. My Masters' is in Aerospace Science. My experience over the past ten year has been managing and commanding responses to various weapons. I am too modest to discuss my deployment experiences, but I would like to hear your pedigree.



One thing ignorant people do is hide behind their smoke and mirrors.



Aaaaaaah, the old 'Illuminati Response'. Becuase "They" told us so, it must be wrong. But SamuelA I will remind you for a fourth Goddamned time, that I want to know what credibility, certification, or education you have to call some of these people into question. For all intents and purposes, you could be a goddamed shoe clerk with opinions on nuclear weapons, and it just doesn't fucking matter. Please do tell where you're coming from.

Tripler
Fifth time: What are your qualifications to speak on these matters?
Where I'm coming from is that I can estimate the impulse imparted by hot gas as much as anyone else. Publicly available sources show 3 kilotons/kilogram is achieved in the best optimized devices.

What "illuminati response". Who's they? I stated specifically that "they" are bullshitters if they can't produce empirical evidence? How the fuck is that a conspiracy belief? That's, like, the opposite.

What I'm hearing is that you're a fucking moron. You've been riding a desk for the last 10 years telling other people to finish their TPS reports. You sound about like a C student as well. But hey, I'm just thinking that. I don't have enough evidence to conclude I'm right. Just a hunch.

But by your reasoning, you're the kind of poindexter where if one of your subordinates comes in with some calculations that say the weapons in your bunker are unstable because the explosives are degrading, and they come in with a sample of the suspect explosive, you'll pull out the manual, find it isn't mentioned, and call high command. Their "expert" with more credentials than your subordinate with the evidence in his hands says it's impossible, and you continue mismanaging your unit.

Thinking like that lead to this. Also the Challenger disaster, come to think of it.

What I'm hearing is that because I don't have a degree in aerospace engineering, just 2 different stem degrees, I can't make comments, in your mind, on ablative nuclear propulsion. Which, by the way, obviously works at least a little, but you should realize that claiming the "orion drive would work even in vacuum" and "the orion drive lets you reach interstellar travel velocities" are enormously different things. Something you'd know if you even had your claimed credentials.

What smoke and mirrors am I hiding behind? I've not claimed to be in aerospace. I've done some basic math. Maybe you're a fucking liar, so I asked for you to do some calculations that would take about 3 minutes if you really passed aerospace engineering. Also, if you had done them, you would realize that the Orion drive does not let you reach interstellar travel velocities unless you serious adjust your performance assumptions.

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 04:02 PM.
  #278  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:02 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 10,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
I did use tenet correctly. I just mispelt it in a way that the spell check didn't warn me about. And you're accusing me of asperger's ...
I didn't accuse you of having Asperger's, you reading-impaired moron, and I mentioned "tenant" and "per say" because your idiotic blunders were funny. That wasn't the point, comprehension-impaired fuckwit. The point was the correlation between competence and intellectual humility, or lack thereof, and where you are on that distribution. Where you are on this curve, specifically. Which is very high on the Y-axis "confidence" scale, and very close to the left, or zero, on the "competence" scale. Which is, in fact, fairly typical of the Dunning-Kruger symptom, as LSLGuy very kindly tried to tell you in what I predicted would turn out to be a misplaced sense of compassion. I'm serious: if someone put you in a room with Noam Chomsky, you'd fucking argue with him and tell him why he's wrong about generative grammar because it's all so simple, dammit, if you're just smart enough to understand the basic principles!

P.S.- You misspelled "mispelt" (alternately "misspelt").
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nylock View Post
I think it's dust mites.
No, it's the damn brain circuits, Scotty! I dannae if she can take any more, Captain. SamuelA tells us that:
... the brain is the effect of thousands of physical computational circuits
SamuelA's brain has almost 2,500 individual circuits. But a normal human has about 100 billion neurons each of which is able to connect with up to 20,000 others, so we see that SamuelA is at a distinct disadvantage here, no doubt accounting for some of his eccentric pontifications. Furthermore, the intellectual strain causes his neurons to overheat and short-circuit with a loud pop. More than 800 of them have already short-circuited. Most have safely blown fuses but a few hundred are actively emitting sparks and smoke, which is being vented out of his earholes. Keep that in mind when reading his posts.
  #279  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:02 PM
QuickSilver is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 18,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Yes, it's very well and good when it's deserved.
More and more with every new post you write, Sammy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
But when you try to kick someone's ass, and end up kicking your own ass by proving yourself wrong/dumb instead of them, well, it's embarrassing.

Wait...'I'm rubber, you're glue'... that's your best come-back?! Sick burn, Sammy.
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #280  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 61,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Where I'm coming from is that I can estimate the impulse imparted by hot gas as much as anyone else. Publicly available sources show 3 kilotons/kilogram is achieved in the best optimized devices.

What "illuminati response". Who's they? I stated specifically that "they" are bullshitters if they can't produce empirical evidence? How the fuck is that a conspiracy belief? That's, like, the opposite.

What I'm hearing is that you're a fucking moron. You've been riding a desk for the last 10 years telling other people to finish their TPS reports. You sound about like a C student as well. But hey, I'm just thinking that. I don't have enough evidence to conclude I'm right. Just a hunch.

But by your reasoning, you're the kind of poindexter where if one of your subordinates comes in with some calculations that say the weapons in your bunker are unstable because the explosives are degrading, and they come in with a sample of the suspect explosive, you'll pull out the manual, find it isn't mentioned, and call high command. Their "expert" with more credentials than your subordinate with the evidence in his hands says it's impossible, and you continue mismanaging your unit.

Thinking like that lead to this. Also the Challenger disaster, come to think of it.

What I'm hearing is that because I don't have a degree in aerospace engineering, just 2 different stem degrees, I can't make comments, in your mind, on ablative nuclear propulsion. Which, by the way, obviously works at least a little, but you should realize that claiming the "orion drive would work even in vacuum" and "the orion drive lets you reach interstellar travel velocities" are enormously different things. Something you'd know if you even had your claimed credentials.

What smoke and mirrors am I hiding behind? I've not claimed to be in aerospace. I've done some basic math. Maybe you're a fucking liar, so I asked for you to do some calculations that would take about 3 minutes if you really passed aerospace engineering.
And your qualifications are...?
  #281  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:04 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nylock View Post
Alright, if you think LSLGuy hasn't pitted himself, why not think a little bit more about the advice he has given you?
Because he's wrong. But at least he came to his conclusion via evidence and explained it.
  #282  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:07 PM
Tripler is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: JSOTF SDMB, OL-LANL
Posts: 7,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Where I'm coming from is that I can estimate the impulse imparted by hot gas as much as anyone else. Publicly available sources show 3 kilotons/kilogram is achieved in the best optimized devices.

What "illuminati response". Who's they? I stated specifically that "they" are bullshitters if they can't produce empirical evidence? How the fuck is that a conspiracy belief? That's, like, the opposite.

What I'm hearing is that you're a fucking moron. You've been riding a desk for the last 10 years telling other people to finish their TPS reports. You sound about like a C student as well. But hey, I'm just thinking that. I don't have enough evidence to conclude I'm right. Just a hunch.

But by your reasoning, you're the kind of poindexter where if one of your subordinates comes in with some calculations that say the weapons in your bunker are unstable because the explosives are degrading, and they come in with a sample of the suspect explosive, you'll pull out the manual, find it isn't mentioned, and call high command. Their "expert" with more credentials than your subordinate with the evidence in his hands says it's impossible, and you continue mismanaging your unit.

Thinking like that lead to this. Also the Challenger disaster, come to think of it.

What I'm hearing is that because I don't have a degree in aerospace engineering, just 2 different stem degrees, I can't make comments, in your mind, on ablative nuclear propulsion. Which, by the way, obviously works at least a little, but you should realize that claiming the "orion drive would work even in vacuum" and "the orion drive lets you reach interstellar travel velocities" are enormously different things. Something you'd know if you even had your claimed credentials.

What smoke and mirrors am I hiding behind? I've not claimed to be in aerospace. I've done some basic math. Maybe you're a fucking liar, so I asked for you to do some calculations that would take about 3 minutes if you really passed aerospace engineering.
You have no experience. You're basing arguments off a textbook.

Bottom line: What is your pedigree to make your assertions? You've done basic math, but you expect me to accept your "solution" for a non-rigid body revolving around three axes at astronomical speeds with ten years' warning using nuclear weapons that have not been vetted or tested?

Seriously?

Might as well ask me for a telepathic young man with a saber made of light to solve all of your problems.

I will ask a sixth time your pedigree before you are taken seriously by the adults.

Tripler
Really, we have Engineers here.

Last edited by Tripler; 12-28-2017 at 04:08 PM.
  #283  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:07 PM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 36,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Where I'm coming from is that I can estimate the impulse imparted by hot gas as much as anyone else. Publicly available sources show 3 kilotons/kilogram is achieved in the best optimized devices.

What "illuminati response". Who's they? I stated specifically that "they" are bullshitters if they can't produce empirical evidence? How the fuck is that a conspiracy belief? That's, like, the opposite.

What I'm hearing is that you're a fucking moron. You've been riding a desk for the last 10 years telling other people to finish their TPS reports. You sound about like a C student as well. But hey, I'm just thinking that. I don't have enough evidence to conclude I'm right. Just a hunch.
When you've defused a few IEDs, let us know. If you survive.

As far as the "impulse imparted by hot gas", the jokes just write themselves.
  #284  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:09 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
I didn't accuse you of having Asperger's, you reading-impaired moron, and I mentioned "tenant" and "per say" because your idiotic blunders were funny. That wasn't the point, comprehension-impaired fuckwit. The point was the correlation between competence and intellectual humility, or lack thereof, and where you are on that distribution. Where you are on this curve, specifically. Which is very high on the Y-axis "confidence" scale, and very close to the left, or zero, on the "competence" scale. Which is, in fact, fairly typical of the Dunning-Kruger symptom, as LSLGuy very kindly tried to tell you in what I predicted would turn out to be a misplaced sense of compassion. I'm serious: if someone put you in a room with Noam Chomsky, you'd fucking argue with him and tell him why he's wrong about generative grammar because it's all so simple, dammit, if you're just smart enough to understand the basic principles!

P.S.- You misspelled "mispelt" (alternately "misspelt").

No, it's the damn brain circuits, Scotty! I dannae if she can take any more, Captain. SamuelA tells us that:
... the brain is the effect of thousands of physical computational circuits
SamuelA's brain has almost 2,500 individual circuits. But a normal human has about 100 billion neurons each of which is able to connect with up to 20,000 others, so we see that SamuelA is at a distinct disadvantage here, no doubt accounting for some of his eccentric pontifications. Furthermore, the intellectual strain causes his neurons to overheat and short-circuit with a loud pop. More than 800 of them have already short-circuited. Most have safely blown fuses but a few hundred are actively emitting sparks and smoke, which is being vented out of his earholes. Keep that in mind when reading his posts.
Has it ever...occurred to you...that maybe I meant to say "computational subsystems"? A neural network built today for vision recognition is a table of thousands to millions of weights, right? But couldn't you then treat that single network as a module? And wouldn't you put together many of those modules if you were trying to build an artificial brain? That's what I meant. Don't remember the context when I made that quote, but I was trying to say that if we build artificial brains, it'll be thousands of subsystems that were originally built and tested separately.

Our DNA obviously encodes for thousands of subsystems. Not millions. Not billions. Thousands. Each subsystem is an area of the brain where the rules are distinct enough that in neuro-anatomy you get a distinct functional area you can see.

There's a reason why it's not millions, it's only thousands. I bet you can figure it out, you can do it! Tell me why our DNA doesn't have enough information to specify the exact wiring layout of every single neuron. Go on, I'm waiting.

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 04:09 PM.
  #285  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:12 PM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 61,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
There's a reason why it's not millions, it's only thousands. I bet you can figure it out, you can do it! Tell me why our DNA doesn't have enough information to specify the exact wiring layout of every single neuron. Go on, I'm waiting.
What qualifies you to judge anyone's response?
  #286  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:18 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
You have no experience. You're basing arguments off a textbook.

Bottom line: What is your pedigree to make your assertions? You've done basic math, but you expect me to accept your "solution" for a non-rigid body revolving around three axes at astronomical speeds with ten years' warning using nuclear weapons that have not been vetted or tested?

Seriously?

I will ask a sixth time your pedigree before you are taken seriously by the adults.

Tripler
Really, we have Engineers here.
You're continuing to dig yourself deeper.

Most adult scientists are quite familiar with the following concepts. For homework, read them and learn them, you're going to need them to be taken seriously in fields like aerospace.

Turns out, there's been a new innovation in the field in the last few centuries. If you want to find out if an idea might be feasible, you can use a simplified model and see if the math checks out. You don't have to waste millions of dollars of taxpayer money!

Before you spend thousands of dollars paying someone for your simplified model, you can just estimate.

No simplified analysis proves an idea will work. So don't go too far from actual empirical data!

Finally, if a person presents an argument and they aren't a world class expert in that particular area, it's ok to check over their work. Turns out, even non acknowledged experts can be right sometimes, you don't have to always wad up what they write! For some fields, nobody is an expert because the field is new!

Remember, before you come and insult someone, try not to make a fool out of yourself!

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 04:19 PM.
  #287  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:20 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
What qualifies you to judge anyone's response?
I don't have to! The beautiful thing is that the answer to this riddle uses well accepted principles of math! I wouldn't want to give away the answer, but I'll give a hint. Did you know that a binary message of a given length encodes a finite amount of information! It turns out there are limits to even compression! Shocking, I know.

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 04:21 PM.
  #288  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 61,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
I don't have to! The beautiful thing is that the answer to this riddle uses well accepted principles of math! I wouldn't want to give away the answer, but I'll give a hint. Did you know that a binary message of a given length encodes a finite amount of information! It turns out there are limits to even compression! Shocking, I know.
But that just ignores the greater riddle:
What the flying fuck are your academic qualifications?
  #289  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:29 PM
Morgenstern is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
But that just ignores the greater riddle:
What the flying fuck are your academic qualifications?
He already told us up thread, somewhere.

He has half a degree in machine learning. (no, seriously)
He has completed another advanced degree in something he didn't mention.

I'd go find his post, but screw it, this thread is making me think I ate a THC laced gummy bear or two.

post 266

Last edited by Morgenstern; 12-28-2017 at 04:30 PM.
  #290  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:29 PM
Skywatcher's Avatar
Skywatcher is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Somewhere in the Potomac
Posts: 34,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I don't think you have Asperger's, Sam.
Fixates on specific subjects: check.

Excessively pontificates on said subjects: check.

Refuses to stop pontificating on said subjects when prompted by others: check.

Won't acknowledge that there are more knowledgeable people on said subjects present: check.

I'd be very surprised if he's not on the spectrum somewhere.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 12-28-2017 at 04:32 PM.
  #291  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:31 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
But that just ignores the greater riddle:
What the flying fuck are your academic qualifications?
I mentioned it before. A bachelor's in comp engineering and a half finished master's in computer science/machine learning. Also I have obviously read an enormous amount. I was pointing out that arguments > "credentials". Stranger on a train claims to be an aerospace engineer with decades of experience, yet he routinely makes serious factual errors. Maybe he simply lied about his credentials.

Tripler claims to be a formal military officer with a master's degree. Yet all he does is blow smoke and claim any specific details are "classified". He doesn't appear to be able to apply the ideal rocket equation to a problem to even see if an orion drive starship passes a pencil test. He just endlessly wants to demand "my credentials" and unless I claim I'm a fellow at Rand with a PhD he's going to claim his are better. Oh, and he recently decided to pull the "experience, not textbook knowledge" when no one alive today has built an orion drive spacecraft. Also very few people alive have even detonated a nuke. I guess Tripler's "experience" pushing a desk for the military counts for a lot, huh.

Last edited by SamuelA; 12-28-2017 at 04:32 PM.
  #292  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:32 PM
crowmanyclouds's Avatar
crowmanyclouds is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ... hiding in my room ...
Posts: 4,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
{...} Now if you said "SamuelA is a crackpot, all his posts are nonsense", that would be a sweeping insult worthy of becoming the 6th ignore list entry.
Well, if you're gonna make it that easy;
SamuelA is a crackpot and all of his posts are nonsense.
SamuelA is a crackpot, his posts are nonsense.
SamuelA is a crackpot, all he posts is nonsense.

Hopefully three times is the charm . . . and I'm a grammer* Nazi!
(*Spelling is not correct, All Hail Gaudere)

Done and done!
(I will not be denied my entrance into the cool kids club . . . not this time!)

CMC fnord!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
{...} Humans are stupid, what can I say.
"Oh, you're a bad pony and I'm not gonna bet on you. You see, in my trade, this is called, what you did, you cracked out of turn.
You crumbed the play. 'Humans'."
__________________
It has come to my attention that people are stupid.
We, the smart ones, should be coming up with plans for how to remedy this, but we're all too busy watching Battlestar Galactica. — wierdaaron
  #293  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 61,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
I mentioned it before. A bachelor's in comp engineering and a half finished master's in computer science/machine learning. Also I have obviously read an enormous amount. I was pointing out that arguments > "credentials". Stranger on a train claims to be an aerospace engineer with decades of experience, yet he routinely makes serious factual errors. Maybe he simply lied about his credentials.

Tripler claims to be a formal military officer with a master's degree. Yet all he does is blow smoke and claim any specific details are "classified". He doesn't appear to be able to apply the ideal rocket equation to a problem to even see if an orion drive starship passes a pencil test. He just endlessly wants to demand "my credentials" and unless I claim I'm a fellow at Rand with a PhD he's going to claim his are better. Oh, and he recently decided to pull the "experience, not textbook knowledge" when no one alive today has built an orion drive spacecraft. Also very few people alive have even detonated a nuke. I guess Tripler's "experience" pushing a desk for the military counts for a lot, huh.
You forgot to put "so-called" before your own supposed credentials. If you ask a moderator, I bet she/he will fix that for you.
  #294  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:35 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
Fixates on specific subjects: check.

Excessively pontificates on said subjects: check.

Refuses to stop pontificating on said subjects when prompted by others: check.

Won't acknowledge that there are more knowledgeable people on said subjects present: check.

I'd be very surprised if he's not on the spectrum somewhere.
Seems like a reasonable argument. Oh, wait. Now we're playing the "who claims more experience and degrees card". I mean, I think you've established with fairly convincing evidence that maybe I have some Asperger's.

I'd tend to agree with you, except you don't have a phd in clinical psychology and lots of experience with patients, right? This means you can't attempt to diagnose me, you can't use your brain to read something and reason, you aren't certified in that area!
  #295  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:37 PM
SamuelA is offline
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmanyclouds View Post
I checked your post history. You actually made a reasonable point in a reply to me. Sorry, you don't get ignored. Gotta be an ass for dozens of posts and follow me around like Darren does.
  #296  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:40 PM
crowmanyclouds's Avatar
crowmanyclouds is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ... hiding in my room ...
Posts: 4,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
{...} Sorry, you don't get ignored. {...}
"I got a rock. "

CMC fnord!
  #297  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:41 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 10,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Has it ever...occurred to you...that maybe I meant to say "computational subsystems"? A neural network built today for vision recognition is a table of thousands to millions of weights, right? But couldn't you then treat that single network as a module? And wouldn't you put together many of those modules if you were trying to build an artificial brain? That's what I meant. Don't remember the context when I made that quote, but I was trying to say that if we build artificial brains, it'll be thousands of subsystems that were originally built and tested separately.
That isn't the point, notwithstanding your attempt to backtrack on your idiotic claims, and your digression about DNA is even less on point. The point is that you claim that the brain is "thousands of physical computational circuits" and consciousness is simply "the collective activity of millions of neurons working collectively". As opposed to what, the individual activity of millions of neurons working collectively? The first statement is a typical SamuelA bloviation, oversimplified to the point of near-meaninglessness, and to the extent that it even means anything at all, it's almost certainly wrong. And the second statement is simultaneously both a truism and completely meaningless. In short, you appear to know nothing about most things, in keeping with near-zero competence on the Dunning-Kruger curve, you can't write, your vocabulary is shit, and you're intensely fucking annoying.

Whether cognitive processes are computational is a very controversial area, but those who argue that many such processes can be shown on the basis of experimental evidence to be apparently computational also understand the limits of those conclusions and the contradictory evidence of other processes and the vast realm of the unknown. Computational theories of mind don't mean even remotely what you think they do. They relate to evidence that some cognitive processes appear to act like syntactic operations on abstract symbolic representations, which is arguably a very important part of a viable theory of cognition. No one with the slightest bit of competence in the field would argue that it's anywhere near being a complete explanation of cognition, and only a complete moron like you would describe brain function as (self-evidently) a couple of thousand fucking computational circuits.
  #298  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 61,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
I checked your post history. You actually made a reasonable point in a reply to me. Sorry, you don't get ignored. Gotta be an ass for dozens of posts and follow me around like Darren does.
someone has to follow the ass in the parade with a shovel.
  #299  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:46 PM
crowmanyclouds's Avatar
crowmanyclouds is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ... hiding in my room ...
Posts: 4,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
someone has to follow the ass in the parade with a shovel.
"What? And leave show business?
I'll take "Punch Lines From Old Jokes" for 500 Alex.

CMC fnord!
  #300  
Old 12-28-2017, 04:47 PM
Skywatcher's Avatar
Skywatcher is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Somewhere in the Potomac
Posts: 34,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Seems like a reasonable argument. Oh, wait. Now we're playing the "who claims more experience and degrees card". I mean, I think you've established with fairly convincing evidence that maybe I have some Asperger's.

I'd tend to agree with you, except you don't have a phd in clinical psychology and lots of experience with patients, right? This means you can't attempt to diagnose me, you can't use your brain to read something and reason, you aren't certified in that area!
Active but odd: check.

NB: I am on the spectrum and I see it in your posts.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 12-28-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017