Old 01-30-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Pence will do his little dance wearing his little fig-leaf of "oh this is just a ban on Muslim countries, not on actual Muslim people."

He won't fool anyone but himself, but it will give him sufficient cover to stay in power, and that's the important thing.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:39 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

White House says deliberately left out Jews, antisemitism from Holocaust statement , calls outrage "pathetic",

Trump is proving on a daily basis not only what kind of person he is, but who he is. Cracked nailed it on October 1, 2015.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
White House says deliberately left out Jews, antisemitism from Holocaust statement , calls outrage "pathetic",

Trump is proving on a daily basis not only what kind of person he is, but who he is. Cracked nailed it on October 1, 2015.
To help give a little more perspective, one of the more enthusiastic groups praising his speech was The Stormer.

Let that sink in.

Last edited by SteveG1; 01-30-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:45 PM

Well, to be fair, the Republicans would have had no problem if Obama had done exactly the same thing.

<pause>

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! <wipes eyes> ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Old 01-30-2017, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

How has President Trump pissed you off today?

I haven't seen the news today, but presumably, he woke up.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

Just because the new regime is getting started with a series of escalating dumpster fires is no reason why the Super-Callous-Fragile-Racist-Sexist-Nazi-POTUS can't kick back and party:

Quote:
It’s one of the sure signs President Donald Trump will visit his Palm Beach home: The Federal Aviation Administration issued a notice of flight restrictions for the area for the coming weekend.

According to the notice, posted to the FAA website, Trump will arrive at his Mar-a-Lago Club on Friday, Feb. 3 and depart on Monday, Feb. 6.

It will be Trump’s first stay at his lavish home on the island since his Jan. 20 inauguration. He’s expected to attend the 60th annual Red Cross Ball being held at Mar-a-Lago on Saturday night....
(No word yet on whether the Red Cross has scheduled another event to raise money that will actually end up going to the Red Cross.)
Old 01-30-2017, 06:16 PM

In his favor trump has created common ground for Muslims and Jews by alienating BOTH groups.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:59 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Good on her.

How long until Trump fires the Acting AG?: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politi...ice/index.html
Old 01-30-2017, 11:39 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill View Post
I have this to say about him. He's actually keeping his campaign promises.
And do you know who else kept his campaign promises?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Good on her.

How long until Trump fires the Acting AG?: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politi...ice/index.html
It was about an hour after your post. I would consider being fired by Trump a badge of honor.

Last edited by Siam Sam; 01-30-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:05 AM

You know that shooting at the Quebec mosque, on Sunday? The one which they've picked up the suspect, a native born, racist white dude? Trump's regime used it to defend their motherfucking racist travel ban.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:11 AM

I live in Seattle, near an Industrial area and several of my neighbors live in RVs in the street or more often now in boxes and tents. This is mostly due to rapid growth and a brain dead zoning policy that resulted in almost all housing that someone on a fixed income could afford. While this is not Trumps fault the following part is.

I just spent almost an hour talking with a man that is living in a box a block away. I often offer him food and a warm place to eat. He is a Gulf War veteran, and he is scared. He was kicked out of his apartment a year ago when it was torn down to build townhouse. His entire disability goes to buying insulin and other medicines. He knows very well that when the federal funding is pulled from our "Sanctuary City" that his days are numbered. I know that his story is not unique. I do not have a handicap friendly house, and he has already refused my charity due to pride. But the divisive scorched earth policies of this administration will most likely lead to him dieing in a diabetic coma in the streets within the next 12 months.

Dylann Roof single handedly killed 3 x as many people in a terrorist attack than people in the US on refugee visas killed in the 40 years from 1975-2015. Of the roughly 768,000 total murders committed in the United States from 1975 to the end of 2015, only 3 were from refugee's
The chance that someone will be killed in a terrorist attack committed by a refugee is 1 in 3,640,000,000 a year.
To put this in perspective your odds of being struck by lightning this year are 1 in 960,000.
The people that created the "white genocide" myth are your neighbors, and in fact Dylann Roof was inspired by one of mine, Harold Covington lives in the PNW and he calls for violence that is indiscernible from that of ISIS.

Yet we as a country have bought their lies, we punish Iraqis who fought side by side with our soldiers, despite a far higher mortal risk than even our brave Men and Women faced. We elected a president that repaid our allies by assigning them to death. We bought their demonization of refugees and now are making those people in need pay with their lives.

As an example of how close the asshole Harold Covington is to ISIS, his response on twitter to the terrorist attack in Montreal was anger because it was not a start of a war, and that it looked bad. No remorse, nothing but being mad that it was "bad optics".

Quote:
"Guys, if we MUST engage in these counterproductive hissy fits, could we have a rule? NO CHURCHES or mosques? Very bad optics. Very bad!
I am pretty low in spirit, and while our previous POTUS administrations were also very much guilty of evil, I now fear that the "Race War" that they have been looking to start may have been a silent one that we already lost.

Trump owns the ear of a large segment of our country, and they will rally around an idea but toss away what is real.

I hate Trump today just because I can't find anything to be hopeful about. While he may make me richer, as I am an upper-middle class white male, I would never want that to happen this way.

There are very dark days ahead I fear.

Last edited by rat avatar; 01-31-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:46 AM
Sluice Gate Tender, FCD #3
Charter Member

rat avatar's previous (I don't like to do long quotes), ^ ∞.

Coincidentally, I live about 30 miles south as the guttersnipe flies, in the Armpit of Puget Sound. Like ra, I'm a white upper class male; in addition, I'm bumping up against 70, so it's probable that I wouldn't see the worst of what I fear is coming (though my daughters certainly would). Nevertheless, I find myself sick at heart over what's happening: as I said elsewhere, it reminds me of the last year or so of the Nixon administration, when it seemed that the nation was teetering on a precipice. Unlike then, however, the President's party doesn't seem to have the stones to face up to him, and Og alone knows what other entity could stand in his way.

I'm not much of a praying type, but at the moment it seems that divine intervention is our best hope. And to say that I'd be delighted to be proved wrong is a ridiculous understatement.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat avatar View Post
While he may make me richer, as I am an upper-middle class white male, I would never want that to happen this way.
You may not need to worry about that. The immigration ban is making markets nervous, and the stock market is dropping.

Remember, Trump has never been very good at making money for anyone but himself. If that (still haven't seen those tax returns).
Old 01-31-2017, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
You may not need to worry about that. The immigration ban is making markets nervous, and the stock market is dropping.
The market seemed to assume that Trump would be your standard business-friendly Republican, lowering taxes and reducing regulation which would increase profits (at least until the market fell over again when the bubble burst). But markets also like stability - indeed, it's the thing they like most - and if the last week demonstrates anything it's that Trump is anything but stable and they can't rely on him to act in the best interest of the markets at any given moment.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

Old 01-31-2017, 01:27 PM
SDSAB

Oh, the irony!: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/31/politi...ing/index.html
Old 02-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Charter Member

'Liberty' University President Jerry Falwell Jr. has been appointed by Trump to head up his higher-education task force.

Now there's a guy who almost - I said almost - makes Betsy DeVos look good by comparison.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

Old 02-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
That's one way to up your post count.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:48 PM

Here's his speech for Black History Month:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/a-f...nth-1791871370

Quote:
Last month, we celebrated the life of Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., whose incredible example is unique in American history. You read all about Dr. Martin Luther King a week ago when somebody said I took the statue out of my office. It turned out that that was fake news. Fake news. The statue is cherished, it’s one of the favorite things in the—and we have some good ones.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
That's one way to up your post count.

And that's another
Old 02-01-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crybaby Boobie View Post

Holy shit! Everyone needs to click on that and read the whole, incoherent, self-absorbed, infantile thing. The man can't think. I already knew that, but every time I read a transcript that demonstrates it, I have the same shocked reaction.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by That idiot in the White House
Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I noticed.
I think he thinks Frederick Douglass is still alive.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:10 PM

I love how whenever he talks about black people, he always talks about fixing them.

Last edited by Happy Lendervedder; 02-01-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:10 PM

Trump to Iran moments ago: "You're officially on notice."

The man is fucking unhinged.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
'Liberty' University President Jerry Falwell Jr. has been appointed by Trump to head up his higher-education task force.

Now there's a guy who almost - I said almost - makes Betsy DeVos look good by comparison.
Yeah...After all, what better expert on higher education than the head of a school that has a ranking of 287 out of 298 by high school counselors (in its category of national universities) and has an engineering school ranked 177 (many-way tie) out of 198 (in its category of engineering schools with no doctorate program). So, it's not quite the worst-ranked school in the country, just close to the bottom of the barrel!
Old 02-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

So, have Dr. Bronner's heirs filed an infringement suit against TrumpCo yet?
Old 02-01-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Drumpfuck, talking Black History Month

I’m proud to honor this heritage and will be honoring it more and more. The folks at the table in almost all cases have been great friends and supporters. Darrell—I met Darrell when he was defending me on television. And the people that were on the other side of the argument didn’t have a chance, right? And Paris has done an amazing job in a very hostile CNN community. He’s all by himself. You’ll have seven people, and Paris. And I’ll take Paris over the seven. But I don’t watch CNN, so I don’t get to see you as much as I used to. I don’t like watching fake news. But Fox has treated me very nice. Wherever Fox is, thank you.

The Republicans who support this man are destroying our country.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:52 PM

Trump approves raid on village in Yemem:

Quote:
Planning for the raid “started months before”, under Barack Obama’s administration, but was “not previously approved”, he said.

Thomas said he did not know why the prior administration did not authorize the operation, but said the Obama administration had effectively exercised a “pocket veto” over it.

A former official said the operation had been reviewed several times, but the underlying intelligence was not judged strong enough to justify the risks, and the case was left to the incoming Trump administration to make its own judgment.
Manages to kill an 8 year-old girl who was an American citizen and get one SEAL killed and three wounded.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:16 PM

It's sick how those bastards are so quick to remind everyone that their decisions are based on things that Obama had allegedly considered prior. It's as if they understand that NO-FUCKING-BODY should trust their judgements on their own merits.

"Look, we understand that everyone knows we don't know shit from shinola, but this is coming from Obama, ok"

Last edited by bobot; 02-01-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
He's managed to take simple boiler-plate commemorative occasions, like Holocaust Remembrance Day and Black History Month and make a complete hash out of it. I hope somebody in the West Wing is going on a rant right now, to the effect of "never let that nincompoop loose without a teleprompter."
Old 02-01-2017, 03:29 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotalus View Post
Holy shit! Everyone needs to click on that and read the whole, incoherent, self-absorbed, infantile thing. The man can't think. I already knew that, but every time I read a transcript that demonstrates it, I have the same shocked reaction.
It reads like a 10-year-old who has to give a class talk but didn't do the reading assignment.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:25 PM

You're insulting 10 year olds
Old 02-01-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
Aye; that's exactly what they're trying to do. They want to destroy it so it can be rebuilt the way they want it to be. Is that not as obvious as I thought?
Old 02-01-2017, 05:02 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Aye; that's exactly what they're trying to do. They want to destroy it so it can be rebuilt the way they want it to be. Is that not as obvious as I thought?
But they don't know how to build anything.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Pretty sure the plan is to rip everything down and then blame the Democrats for letting them do it. Party of personal responsibility and all.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
He's managed to take simple boiler-plate commemorative occasions, like Holocaust Remembrance Day and Black History Month and make a complete hash out of it. I hope somebody in the West Wing is going on a rant right now, to the effect of "never let that nincompoop loose without a teleprompter."
He wouldn't use the damn thing. Can he even read? I've read/heard rumors that he is functionally illiterate, and bought his way through school with daddy's money.

Besides, a script might deny him the chance to insult someone.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oft wears hats View Post
Pretty sure the plan is to rip everything down and then blame the Democrats for letting them do it. Party of personal responsibility and all.
Bannon is on record as saying he wants to destroy it all. And now he is president in all but name. He is the one calling the shots, not the Big Orange Retard.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:52 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Pope View Post
Trump approves raid on village in Yemem:

Manages to kill an 8 year-old girl who was an American citizen and get one SEAL killed and three wounded.
Doesn't even wonder that there might have been a reason to not have done the raid.

And where did he pull the "pocket veto" crap from? Does he know nothing about how the government work?
Old 02-01-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Bannon is on record as saying he wants to destroy it all. And now he is president in all but name. He is the one calling the shots, not the Big Orange Retard.
Maybe that's why he wants to meet with Kim Jeong-eun: to commiserate over holding the highest office in the land but not being in charge.

Quote:
Doesn't even wonder that there might have been a reason to not have done the raid.
Trump's a birther so I wouldn't be in the least surprised if he believes Obama is Muslim and that's why Obama didn't take action against "other Muslims".

Quote:
And where did he pull the "pocket veto" crap from? Does he know nothing about how the government work?
He's heard the term. Yes, he knows nothing about the government.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:06 PM

Disastrous phone call with the Australian Prime Minister....

...and then things go downhill with Mexico.

What the ever loving fuck? Someone - PLEASE - take away all communication devices from him!!
Old 02-01-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Not without cheap Mexican workers at any rate.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:56 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive....html#comments

There are no words.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:14 PM

We really are doomed.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
I think he thinks Frederick Douglass is still alive.
Yes, and people are starting to notice him more, now, here recently.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post
Yes, and people are starting to notice him more, now, here recently.
"Hey isn't that Frederick Douglass?"
"Why yes, I think you're right. I didn't notice him before."
Old 02-01-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
We really are doomed.
I didn't vote for him. When are the courts and congress going to grow some and stop this asshole???
Old 02-01-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
We really are doomed.
Now, now, just because, by the end of next week, we apparently are going to be at war with Iran, Australia and Mexico, that doesn't mean we're doomed. Hell, there's a whole shitload of nuclear-armed countries out there. Give the man a couple months to stir up that particular hornet's nest, then get back to me.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
This, The fucker is still breathing.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:35 PM
SDSAB

I'm just glad Australia doesn't have nukes. I've already apologized to Noel Prosequi for the call.