Old 06-11-2019, 10:55 AM

I've been reluctant to post in this thread because what you do with you own face is not my concern, and I won't reject you as a friend for growing a big bushy beard. However, you did ask.
Quote:
When you see a guy with such a beard, what do you think?
So, I guess you want to know.

Maybe it's my age or something, but I hate them. (hate is probably too strong a word, so I'll go with needscoffee's "I think they look goofy.")
Old 06-11-2019, 11:37 AM

I look at some of the worst offenders, the Archie Bradleys, the James Hardens, the Viking raiders, the I don't know what the fuck this is, and all I can think is, what woman finds that attractive?
Old 06-11-2019, 12:04 PM

Not this woman.

I see an unguided full-grown beard and all I can think is, "unkempt." There are a few men who can carry off the look, but without exception in my opinion, even those fellows would benefit from a good trim.

Honestly, if asked, the only man I would not counsel to trim his full beard is Rubeus Hagrid.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
"gleaming eyes studying you from behind an expressionless field of follicles," like the face of a jumping spider
Oh my gosh. My husband needs to shave today.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:38 AM

Depends on the person. To me, most guys look better with a beard, but my boyfriend has a perfect jawline and covering that up is a sin (I've seen him both ways). I don't think it makes an old guy look any older, just different.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Asking Questions View Post
I look at some of the worst offenders, the Archie Bradleys, the James Hardens, the Viking raiders, the I don't know what the fuck this is, and all I can think is, what woman finds that attractive?
Speaking as a woman who likes a good beard...

The first two are just sort of shapeless and wild. Of the latter two, the first of them has definitely been shaped. In both cases the are not just being left to run wild, the addition of braids adds a certain control and decorative aspect to them. I get the impression that these are guys who are NOT going to get food in their beards while eating, and if they did, they would clean it up immediately.

As for women finding them attractive or not - well, a lot of women don't like beards on men. Some of us do. Which sort of facial hair will appeal to women also varies. Rule 34 and all that. Beards are a secondary sexual characteristic and thus will appeal to at least a portion of women. It's like big female butts - not everyone likes them, but for those that do they look very feminine and sexy. For beards, not everyone likes them, but for those than do, they look very masculine and sexy. Some butt fanciers like certain shapes, some like them so large they look like caricatures. Some beard fanciers like certain shape, some like them so large they look like caricatures.