Old 02-16-2019, 02:38 PM

What would you include in your MRE kit?

(MRE) Meals ready to eat

Lots of different ones over on youtube, mostly military versions for the different countries they represent.

What if you wanted to make your own MRE kits? What would you include and why?

I know I would include salt and pepper and one of those small hot sauce bottles, plus a cookie, brownie, energy bar etc, but how would I include chilli or even tuna fish?

Perhaps the tuna fish in one of those packets they come in now and some relish or mayo packets and of course something like a powder drink to wash it down with supposing you have clean water that is.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

C-rations used to have tuna, that was the canned stuff. Your idea of the packets sounds good, although tuna would not be MY first choice of a meal.

Your other items all sound good as extras. Chicken also comes in packets, I would prefer that to tuna myself.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
(MRE) Meals ready to eat

Lots of different ones over on youtube, mostly military versions for the different countries they represent.

What if you wanted to make your own MRE kits? What would you include and why?

I know I would include salt and pepper and one of those small hot sauce bottles, plus a cookie, brownie, energy bar etc, but how would I include chilli or even tuna fish?

Perhaps the tuna fish in one of those packets they come in now and some relish or mayo packets and of course something like a powder drink to wash it down with supposing you have clean water that is.
Everything you've mentioned, with the exception of probably relish, already comes in MREs; to include Chili (Chili Mac & Chili w/ beans) and Tuna. As you've guessed, the tuna comes in those single serving pouches.

Last edited by Bear_Nenno; 02-16-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:42 PM

Yep, have a gander
https://www.mreinfo.com/mres/mre-menus/mre-menus-2016/

Although even this seems off. I see no mention of Skittles , shock-a-lots, tobasco and maybe a few other items I know were in there.

They changed a little every year or two though so ...

Last edited by Littleman; 02-16-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
Yep, have a gander

Although even this seems off. I see no mention of Skittles , shock-a-lots, tobasco and maybe a few other items I know were in there.

I like this menu stuff ... thank you

I wonder what this one is "Wet Pack Fruits"?
Old 02-16-2019, 08:41 PM

Many of the MREs do contain a small packet of generic hot sauce and at least some have a chili-lime sauce that's pretty good.

I seem to recall that at one time in the past it was SOP to include a large bottle of Tabasco brand sauce withing each case of meals instead of putting a small bottle in some or all of the individual meals. True?

Some of them contain a "First Strike" bar - a dense and chewy energy bar. The cranberry ones were tasty but I'm pretty sure the chocolate ones tasted of pure evil.

Quote:
I wonder what this one is "Wet Pack Fruits"?
Basically canned fruit in a pouch instead of a can.

Last edited by Alpha Twit; 02-16-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:50 PM

As far as what needs to be included in MREs, they need to put in a decent flameless heater. Triple the amount of reactants in there.

I also have not heard anything good about the ridiculous beverage bag they have. Do soldiers still carry the old fashioned canteen cup or any other suitable hot beverage container as part of their standard kit?
Old 02-16-2019, 09:01 PM

You know, on paper they don't sound at all bad. Though likely there are texture shortcomings from being tweaked to be packable, and probably a lot less appealing if you have to eat one cold. (My first impression was that there sounded like a LOT of food to eat, but then I'm not hiking around hauling 60 pound packs and such.)

Do they sell these to the general pubic any where? I'd be curious to give them a try.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:09 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Twit View Post
As far as what needs to be included in MREs, they need to put in a decent flameless heater. Triple the amount of reactants in there.
I was on a NTC rotation when we first go the MRE heaters. They werenít even in the MREs yet they were in a separate box. It was like a friggin miracle.

One of my big complaints is there are certain meals that need two but there was only one. The ones where there are separate pouches for rice or other components. So you had to choose if the rice or the chili was going to be cold. If you try to stop to pouches in one heater it didnít really work.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingButStrong View Post
Do they sell these to the general pubic any where? I'd be curious to give them a try.
They're easy to find both through eBay and Amazon. If you're looking for genuine US DOD issue meals then you really can't buy fresh ones. Brand new MREs have a production date printed on the case and an inspection date three years in the future. The military keeps them in one warehouse or another until issued to forces. If they have not been issued to troops in that time, they are sold on the open market in huge lots to resellers. When buying, find out what inspection date is printed on the case and buy the most recent ones available. There will also be a red dot sticker on the case that turns dark if the case has been subjected to high temp abuses

I've bought a few cases from these people. There may be better and cheaper options but I've been satisfied.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:12 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
You know, on paper they don't sound at all bad. Though likely there are texture shortcomings from being tweaked to be packable, and probably a lot less appealing if you have to eat one cold. (My first impression was that there sounded like a LOT of food to eat, but then I'm not hiking around hauling 60 pound packs and such.)

They arenít as bad as some would have you think. They were certainly better than the first run back in the 80s. Kids today will never know the pleasure of having a dehydrated beef patty.

I know some people who couldnít be bothered taking the time to heat them up. They are 10 times better when theyíre hot.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:

I also have not heard anything good about the ridiculous beverage bag they have. Do soldiers still carry the old fashioned canteen cup or any other suitable hot beverage container as part of their standard kit?

The problem with the heaters are usually one of three things.
1 . Overfilling. It works best with very little water, filling above the line kills many.

2. Base temp. If it's freezing cold out they just don't get it. Prewarm the heater by pulling it out and placing it close to your body and it will kick off as expected.
Or with a bit more risk , post warm it the same way until it starts kicking off.

3. Very seldom, but occasionally one won't work right no matter what.

The cup, technically yes, practically no. It's part of the ta-50 but carry it ... Most people just have their Camelback on.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:24 PM

Unless your out in the field for a month in kansas, during the winter. Then you carry that cup, use it to heat water on the potbelly stove or kerosene furnace in your squad tent. (Do they still use the diesel fueled potbelly stoves or kerosene heaters these days?)

The tuna casserole was one of the better mre menus when I was in. The omelet and the burrito were not.

Last edited by guestchaz; 02-16-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:42 AM

I remember the old lettered ration tins ….. and green boxes of powdered eggs and things like that

did they actually make a pizza mre that last for 3 years ?
Old 02-17-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
did they actually make a pizza mre that last for 3 years ?
They have what they call "pizza". I reminded me of a Dominos pizza that had been left on the kitchen counter for the last three days. It might be tasty if you've been in the field for weeks and need a pizza fix but don't get you're hopes up.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
They're easy to find both through eBay and Amazon. If you're looking for genuine US DOD issue meals then you really can't buy fresh ones. Brand new MREs have a production date printed on the case and an inspection date three years in the future. The military keeps them in one warehouse or another until issued to forces. If they have not been issued to troops in that time, they are sold on the open market in huge lots to resellers. When buying, find out what inspection date is printed on the case and buy the most recent ones available. There will also be a red dot sticker on the case that turns dark if the case has been subjected to high temp abuses

I've bought a few cases from these people. There may be better and cheaper options but I've been satisfied.

Thanks for the info!

I looked around and found a video of a guy reviewing/eating a current MRE, pepperoni pizza slice with breadsticks and cherry cobbler and a cookie. He seemed genuinely happy with the taste, mostly with the texture (said the 'breadstick' was kind of doughy), and utterly ecstatic that the coffee had gone back to "instant type II."

Surprised to learn that these MRE are invented in Natick, MA, practically my back yard.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info!

I looked around and found a video of a guy reviewing/eating a current MRE, pepperoni pizza slice with breadsticks and cherry cobbler and a cookie. He seemed genuinely happy with the taste, mostly with the texture (said the 'breadstick' was kind of doughy), and utterly ecstatic that the coffee had gone back to "instant type II."

Surprised to learn that these MRE are invented in Natick, MA, practically my back yard.
Thanks, I'm glad to be helpful.

A few more things to add about buying MREs.

US meals come packed twelve to a case and there will always be an "A" and a "B" case for a total of twenty four menus. If you want to sample them all, that's what you have to do. If you only want to sample a few, check eBay. The per meal price will be higher but it's less of an investment for what could be an unpalatable experiment.

There are at least three different companies producing meals under contract for the DOD. There are some minor distinctions in side items between these different manufacturers but I really can't describe these diferences in specific terms. Also note that these same companies plus a few others produce civilian versions for direct sales to the general public. These meal often contain the exact same main dish as the US MRE but the sides and accessories tend to be much more limited. If freshness is crucial, if you're actually intending to stick these on a shelf and maybe have to rely on them in an emergency, look at these. They might be a better bet. I've never purchased them personally but they might suit your needs.

I've tried several different MRE equivalents from the militaries of other nations. The German and Italian ones were outstanding. The British, Canadian (poutine in a retort pouch, shudder) and Norwegian were meh. The French meal was just confusing. I also sampled a few different versions of the Russian 24hour ration packs including one specifically packed for Russian prison guards. They're scary but robust gut bombs I promise you. If you decide you like the novelty of MREs and you have the funds, go for it.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I've been buying a couple cases every year or two on Ebay for a long time -- never had a problem. I like to have some around in case of long power outages in my rural area. I strongly recommend buying the real military MREs, not the civilian versions. The military version has much more variety.

What doesn't get eaten over the winter I use on day hikes, camping trips, or just when I don't feel like cooking. I've also thrown a couple of neighborhood MRE cookouts to give people a chance to try them.

They're not great food but are certainly edible and some are actually quite tasty.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The beverage bag doesn't really replace the canteen cup. It has a couple benefits.
1) The beverage bag allows you to heat up your drink using the flame less ration heater. If you don't have the luxury (the time or the security) to have a fire, you can still have hot coffee. Just fill the beverage bag and slide it into the ration heater, just like a meal. Hot, instant coffee!
2) The beverage bag works great for storing your cell phone or other electronics, or even a small notebook, small reference cards, maps, etc. Anything you want to keep dry.
3) The beverage bag gives you a clean, disposable, drink container. The canteen cup easily gets full of dirt, mud or left overs. Using the beverage bag saves the time (and valuable water) of having to clean out the cup. Plus, when you're done, you dont have to rinse out the canteen cup to make sure there is no sugary water residue left that might attract ants. You can just throw away the bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Twit
If they have not been issued to troops in that time, they are sold on the open market in huge lots to resellers.
Except that they don't necessarily sell them at the three year mark. If the inspection determines that they've been stored properly, they will keep them around. I've had MREs that were at least 5-6 years old, so they're not universally discarding them after 3.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestchaz View Post
Unless your out in the field for a month in kansas, during the winter. Then you carry that cup, use it to heat water on the potbelly stove or kerosene furnace in your squad tent. (Do they still use the diesel fueled potbelly stoves or kerosene heaters these days?)

The tuna casserole was one of the better mre menus when I was in. The omelet and the burrito were not.
No, older tents have big tubes on the side that ducting plugs into which goes to a separate heater unit.

Newer ones are domed with two layers spaced a few inches apart, they come on a trailer that also contains a generator + HVAC unit.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Nenno View Post
The beverage bag doesn't really replace the canteen cup. It has a couple benefits.
1) The beverage bag allows you to heat up your drink using the flame less ration heater. If you don't have the luxury (the time or the security) to have a fire, you can still have hot coffee. Just fill the beverage bag and slide it into the ration heater, just like a meal. Hot, instant coffee!
2) The beverage bag works great for storing your cell phone or other electronics, or even a small notebook, small reference cards, maps, etc. Anything you want to keep dry.
3) The beverage bag gives you a clean, disposable, drink container. The canteen cup easily gets full of dirt, mud or left overs. Using the beverage bag saves the time (and valuable water) of having to clean out the cup. Plus, when you're done, you dont have to rinse out the canteen cup to make sure there is no sugary water residue left that might attract ants. You can just throw away the bag.
The general utility of a waterproof, sealable storage bag is obvious. I have no problems with the beverage bag as a supplement to the cup. As a replacement, I just don't see it. That's why I asked if soldiers still carried the canteen cup. The beverage bag in the Canadian meal is superior in that it has a simple gusset at the bottom enabling it to be freestanding when filled.

Quote:
Except that they don't necessarily sell them at the three year mark. If the inspection determines that they've been stored properly, they will keep them around. I've had MREs that were at least 5-6 years old, so they're not universally discarding them after 3.
That's probably correct. When I buy MREs, I make a point of buying the freshest available and they're always right around the three year mark. If I wanted to save money and roll a few more dice, I'm sure older ones are out there.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
No, older tents have big tubes on the side that ducting plugs into which goes to a separate heater unit.

Newer ones are domed with two layers spaced a few inches apart, they come on a trailer that also contains a generator + HVAC unit.
Aah, so todays troops stay warmer without the risk of CO1 poisoning. Lucky dogs.
Oh well, the price of progress I suppose. ��

Still, if the mre heaters haven't changed in the last 20 years they can still make mre ... erm, rapidly expanding gasses device since bombs were expressly and uniformly forbidden in my day and now I have the security alphabet watching me for using that word (well for this week anyway...hi agent Smith)

Last edited by guestchaz; 02-17-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestchaz
(Do they still use the diesel fueled potbelly stoves or kerosene heaters these days?)
Quote:

The space heater arctic (SHA) is still in use by Arctic and Mountain units to heat the 10-man arctic tents. Here's a nice video of the fun. https://youtu.be/-wWjpZbi6V8?t=511
Old 02-17-2019, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Aah, so todays troops stay warmer without the risk of CO1 poisoning. Lucky dogs.
Staff and Pogues, perhaps. The rest of us are still sucking down CO and diesel fumes while freezing to near death like the founding fathers intended!
Old 02-17-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
The space heater arctic (SHA) is still in use by Arctic and Mountain units to heat the 10-man arctic tents. Here's a nice video of the fun. https://youtu.be/-wWjpZbi6V8?t=511
Oh nice, I didn't know anybody still had them.

I wonder if specific units still get the "Mickey mouse" boots?
Old 02-17-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Oh well, the price of progress I suppose. ��

Still, if the mre heaters haven't changed in the last 20 years they can still make mre ... erm, rapidly expanding gasses device since bombs were expressly and uniformly forbidden in my day and now I have the security alphabet watching me for using that word (well for this week anyway...hi agent Smith)
Well the heater units are still diesel powered.
Something like an overgrown cab heater basically.
The Gen+ HVAC units though are more like an electric furnace/heat pump
Old 02-17-2019, 11:18 AM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

Quote:
Yep, have a gander

Skittles are a "Candy II" item. Tabasco is listed as "hot sauce" in the menu. Well, either Tabasco or Tapatio.

Watch some of Steve1989's reviews on Youtube. Those things are addictive (just one more.)

"Let's get this out on a tray."

"Nice."
Old 02-17-2019, 12:14 PM

I've made a few 20+ hour train trips over the last few years, and MREs came in very handy. I bought single ones military surplus on eBay, but I'm going to get a friend in the reserves to get me two cases just to have for emergency use.

I had a cooler, but knew that I would be having a serious need for hot food eventually, and they don't let you use the microwave in the overpriced snack car. So the flameless heater was great. Only fill to the line, but slosh it back and forth to make sure the heated is saturated. I was able to put in two packets and got both heated. Yes, it's producing hydrogen gas, but not enough to be any danger on a train - I still prepped my food in the restroom so nobody would freak out.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I wonder if specific units still get the "Mickey mouse" boots?
Absolutely. I wore them quite often in Alaska--with and without skis and/or snow shoes.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yep, have a gander

Chili w/Beans
Corn Bread
Cheddar Cheese Spread
Crackers
Cheese Filled Snack Food
Carbohydrate Fortified Beverage Powder
Accessory Packet A

actually doesnt sound half bad. Altho I'd prefer crackers to cornbread.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

What Menu #1 really needs is the jalapeno cheese spread and a double amount of hot sauce. The "Cheese Filled Snack Food" are just Combos. The MRE is edible, and tastier the farther you are from real food. As is the case with most lightweight rations, really.

We generally keep a case or two of rations around as part of the earthquake kit. The Lemon Pepper Tuna one is stashed in the SUV for emergencies.

Last edited by silenus; 02-17-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
What Menu #1 really needs is the jalapeno cheese spread and a double amount of hot sauce. ... The MRE is edible, and tastier the farther you are from real food. As is the case with most lightweight rations, really.

We generally keep a case or two of rations around as part of the earthquake kit. The Lemon Pepper Tuna one is stashed in the SUV for emergencies.
I dont care for spicy food but yeah a extra tiny bottle of hot sauce wouldnt hurt.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
They aren’t as bad as some would have you think. They were certainly better than the first run back in the 80s. Kids today will never know the pleasure of having a dehydrated beef patty.
Oh, man, that and its pork sibling... maybe the positive side, and then rather from the command's side, was that these menu items helped put you in the mood to not mind dealing death.

Last edited by JRDelirious; 02-17-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
What Menu #1 really needs is the jalapeno cheese spread and a double amount of hot sauce. The "Cheese Filled Snack Food" are just Combos. The MRE is edible, and tastier the farther you are from real food. As is the case with most lightweight rations, really.

That's something else that I didn't see on that list. I think whether the cheese is jalapeno or not is random.
Sometimes I've even seen chocolate peanut butter.

Btw for those wondering or assuming , the jalapeno cheese isn't remotely spicy.

Last edited by Littleman; 02-17-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:20 PM

one of my favorite things was a really big chocolate graham cracker like the ones you get from Keebler

a army friend used to get mres all the time and would save them for me for when he visited

Do they still include then … all the label said was "chocolate covered cookie "
Old 02-17-2019, 06:59 PM

Oh man, the cookie, coated, chocolate flavored, dos were da bomb!
The Bar, Oatmeal was a literal colonic cleansing bomb as I recall, once you used your etool to smash it down into bits of oatmeal gravel you could fit in your mouth and chew. Or I guess you could have used it as an improvised projectile against the enemy, it was so hard.

Aaaah good memories.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:43 PM

Great suggestions like always on SD so many different views that qualify ...

One thing I would also include is something in the English (UK) MRE's it's called a: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spork

Quote:
A spork (a portmanteau of spoon and fork), is a hybrid form of cutlery taking the form of a spoon-like shallow scoop with two to four tines.
I'm going to order a case of 12 with different menu's and then try to make my own for family and friends to give away to them.

Ten dollars each is the best I can find right now.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
One thing I would also include is something in the English (UK) MRE's it's called a: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spork
MREs get around the problem of needing a forking eating utensil by not offering anything with the needed texture or consistency. Most of the meals have the appearance of being pre-chewed by weasels for the consumer's convenience.

Last edited by Alpha Twit; 02-18-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

One thing I would also include is something in the English (UK) MRE's it's called a: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spork.
So go buy a bunch of plastic sporks at the grocery store and include them. No big deal. Or get yourself a titanium one off of eBay.

If you really want to do everyone a solid, so to speak, include a couple of bran tablets in every meal. MREs are like any American Involvement overseas - no exit strategy.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:32 PM
Charter Member

That's a feature, not a bug. If I have a 72 hour field problem, I appreciate not having to shit that whole time.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
So go buy a bunch of plastic sporks at the grocery store and include them. No big deal. Or get yourself a titanium one off of eBay.

If you really want to do everyone a solid, so to speak, include a couple of bran tablets in every meal. MREs are like any American Involvement overseas - no exit strategy.
That used to be the case, but they now have a decent fiber content.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
That used to be the case, but they now have a decent fiber content.
See what guestchaz said above:

Quote:
The Bar, Oatmeal was a literal colonic cleansing bomb as I recall, once you used your etool to smash it down into bits of oatmeal gravel you could fit in your mouth and chew.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDelirious View Post
Oh, man, that and its pork sibling... maybe the positive side, and then rather from the command's side, was that these menu items helped put you in the mood to not mind dealing death.
LOL. I remember being tossed one of those out of the back of a deuce and a half in Graf in the middle of winter and having to eat that fucking thing.

I always felt that the name on the packet should have read "Dehydrated Pork Pattie (with real bone chips)" or something.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:21 AM
BANNED

I'm so sorry I never shared this experience with my fellow veterans. While you guys were eating sand from your messkits saying, "Good morning, First Sergeant," I was devouring a fresh cooked breakfast at the hotel where I was "billeted" before I came out with my camera and took photos of you practicing to keel keel keel! I would include in your MRE kit a picture of me in front of my hotel, in my dress blues, next to my rental car. Ooorah.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:32 AM

Moderator Warning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pithily Effusive View Post
I'm so sorry I never shared this experience with my fellow veterans. While you guys were eating sand from your messkits saying, "Good morning, First Sergeant," I was devouring a fresh cooked breakfast at the hotel where I was "billeted" before I came out with my camera and took photos of you practicing to keel keel keel! I would include in your MRE kit a picture of me in front of my hotel, in my dress blues, next to my rental car. Ooorah.
You're receiving a warning for trolling and threadshitting. Do not return to this thread.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quoth guestchaz:

I've never had actual MREs, but I was on a canoeing trip in the 90s where we had freeze-dried rations. The "enchiladas" was terrible. Even a bunch of teenage boys engaged in heavy physical activity who hadn't eaten any real food in a week had a hard time getting those down. We all agreed that the next time, we'd skip the enchiladas and just double down on the roast beef one instead.

And I've never been able to understand the purpose of a spork. There is a set of foods which can be eaten with a spoon, and a set of foods that can be eaten with a fork. A utensil which could be used for the union of those two sets would be useful. But a spork can only be used for the intersection of those sets. Just a fork, or just a spoon, would either one be equal or superior in every way to a spork.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:32 PM

In addition to the food, they should include a rock or something in case you don't have one handy.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:

I'm going to order a case of 12 with different menu's and then try to make my own for family and friends to give away to them.

Ten dollars each is the best I can find right now.
Quote:
MREs get around the problem of needing a forking eating utensil by not offering anything with the needed texture or consistency. Most of the meals have the appearance of being pre-chewed by weasels for the consumer's convenience.
Quote:

They do include a fairly sturdy spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
In addition to the food, they should include a rock or something in case you don't have one handy.
I thought I was the only one who found that wording funny.

What's it called when something like that is just blatantly out of place?

Least official sounding language possibly ever actually printed in or on any military property

Last edited by Littleman; 02-20-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:17 PM
Mere Member

I tried a couple MREs a few years ago. They weren't bad at all!

Winco (a local grocery store) had a bunch of MRE heaters in their bulk section. No MREs or components, just the heaters. ?? I haven't looked the last few times I've gone to that store but they'd been there for months.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:35 PM

An inspirational message, like, "Don't stop believeing, hold on to your feelings!"