Old 10-09-2019, 12:59 PM

BOO! It's Sex - The Sex Ed Webcomic

Link SFW except for the topic itself. No nudity.

Quote:
Four high school classmates move into a former sorority house for their first year of college, and immediately discover the ghost of a dead sorority girl stuck in a discarded bottle of tequila. While the freshwomen are settling into college life, Tara settles herself into the center of their personal lives, acting as a seasoned mentor for their transition from girls to ladies.​
Basically a complete sex ed class in webcomic form. Covering everything I was never taught 40 years ago when I could have used it.

I know we're mostly an older crowd but most of you know someone you can pass this on to who will thank you for it.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:41 PM

God, I loathe that "looong JPEG that you have to constantly scroll down" formatting. Anytime I run across a comic/manga formatted like that, I abandon it immediately.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:38 AM

That was a fun read - thanks for the link!
From my jaded 46-year-old perspective a lot of the advice sounds trite, but the more I read the more I remembered, that, yes, I had to learn all that stuff at some point as well...
Old 10-11-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
God, I loathe that "looong JPEG that you have to constantly scroll down" formatting. Anytime I run across a comic/manga formatted like that, I abandon it immediately.
It's better than the slideshow format that ALL shitty websites use. The moment I see a slideshow, I know to never go to that site ever again.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

I think you buried the lede. This webcomic is written by Danielle Corsetto, who also wrote the very popular Girls With Slingshots.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
What specifically do you hate about it?

It's essentially the best format for mobile, as it makes sure the comic will be big enough to read on even the smaller screens. And, assuming you use a baseline JPEG, you can start reading as soon as a panel loads. However, it also has to look good on larger screens, meaning you get more detailed drawings. It also adds a certain level of timing that can be lost when you can see panels before you actually read them.

I admit it has a different feel. But I'm having trouble coming up with a reason to dislike it.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
What specifically do you hate about it?
It is a profoundly awkward.

Quote:
It's essentially the best format for mobile
I have read a vast amount of standard paneled manga and comic scans on my cell phone.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
I think you buried the lede. This webcomic is written by Danielle Corsetto, who also wrote the very popular Girls With Slingshots.
That was actually how I got there. I read GWS daily and just happened to scroll down a bit further.