Old 10-10-2019, 12:20 AM

I think My Three Sons should have followed Norman Lear and had something really drastic happen to Dodie.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Glenn Christopher Scarpelli was added to One Day at a Time, playing Alex Handris from 1980 to 1983 on the sitcom One Day at a Time.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Clark View Post
Ignored on Seinfeld, but hilariously harpooned on The Nanny, where C.C. (played by the very pregnant Lauren Lane) enters talking about a Seinfeld episode she saw where the producers were obviously trying to hide JLD's pregnancy. C.C. wears an overcoat, carries a giant shoulder bag which she switches to the other shoulder when she turns around, picks up a large potted plant and leaves, then returns holding a large poster that says "Baby."
This was at the start of the story line about getting Max and Fran together, so the producers used the old idea of having C.C. binge eat to explain her weight gain.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Family Ties both added babies because the actor was pregnant.

Meredith Baxter Birney was pregnant with twins when Andrew was added to the show.

Janet Hubert-Whitten was pregnant when Nicky was added to the show, but did not return after she gave birth. She was replaced by Daphne Maxwell Reid, leading to Jazz's best line: I don't what it is Mrs. Banks, but you seem to have totally changed since Nicky was born.

And yes, both shows pulled the Kid Trick, and the babies were five years old in the second season. Go figure.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:03 PM

In this age of cutting-edge CGI, there is no reason to not cast toddlers in TV and movie families. They simply need to use older actors CGI’d to appear ~18 months old.

C'mon, who’s heart wouldn’t melt seeing this little tyke romp around on screen?!?
Old 10-12-2019, 03:39 AM

I've been watching Taxi in the afternoon for a while, and right in the middle of the second season (!) they've introduced sickeningly cute little "Brian Sims" for Tony Danza to adopt. Why? The kid adds nothing to the show!

"Brian" is played by Danza's real-life son, Mark Anthony Danza. An extra paycheck, sweet! I wonder who was behind this steaming heap of horse dung?

Somebody, please tell me "Brian" was written out of the show almost immediately afterward!

Last edited by terentii; 10-12-2019 at 03:42 AM.
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM

How does this thread go this long without the All Time, Grand Champion, Worst Kid Added Ever?

Rusty on The Closer/Major Crimes.

A face that is just asking to be punched, a whiny attitude to back it up and a story line that just wobbles around season after season.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM

The final season of, "New Girl," added a three year old girl to the mix (Schmidt and Cece's baby) and--SURPRISE!--she was great!
Old Today, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftg View Post
How does this thread go this long without the All Time, Grand Champion, Worst Kid Added Ever?

Rusty on The Closer/Major Crimes.

A face that is just asking to be punched, a whiny attitude to back it up and a story line that just wobbles around season after season.
Yup - super annoying.