Old 10-09-2019, 10:45 PM

I just want grey hair, dammit!!! Little help, ladies?

My stylist is terrific, but not listening. She insists that the way to go is something called highlights and lowlights to blend the grey, but I've been doing that for 3 years now. At almost $300 a clip.
I saw a woman with the hair I want, and short of scalping her and taking it, I asked how she got there. She looked at my head and said quit the sylist. Her advice was let it grow and grow and wear a pony tail until the grey ( and these silly "lights" ) are all out of the way, then wack it off maybe chin length and viola, grey hair!!
I'm 70, and although I don't think I look my age (SIDEBAR - ever meet someone who said Oh I totally look my age??) I am tired of the fight. It's never going to be the glorious grey my mother has, but still.
So ladies who went grey, how did you do it. I expect some pain.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:49 PM

Grow it. Only way. My beloved pale blond is greying and doing stoopid crap. I'm learning to like a new me. It's slow going. Goodluck. Quit fighting it.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:18 PM

Love grey hair. There is a mover 'n' shaker in our town ("Austin") that had gorgeous streaky silver hair at 30. When my wife (at, ummm, no longer 30's) was starting to dye her hair I'd say "It looks nice. Allllmost as nice as Austin's." And she'd sigh and say "True, Austin's hair..."

So when she gave up and stopped dying/highlighting, I couldn't wait to point out that her hair was now cooler than Austin's.

But, people, authenticity is always better than fakery. Aluminum siding and highlighted hair are obviously not real. A woman with grey hair is so much more attractive than a "Glamazon" with $300 high/mid/lowlights.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:35 PM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Another vote for liking grey hair. My wife colors (dyes?) her hair because of a perceived age bias at work. I can see that as a valid excuse.

I totally look my age.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:43 PM

I stopped messing with my hair when I turned 50. No more coloring, no more perms. My natural hair is stick straight. I had the last perm cut off to where my hair was about 1-1/2 inches long.

It stuck straight up. I told everyone I went punk at 50.

I've finally settled on one inch long. I love it. I do nothing to it but wash it.

I am "hair emancipated."

~VOW
Old 10-10-2019, 12:38 AM

~VOW, dearest board sister help me emancipate from my hair slavery. I'm truly sick of this crap. Should I go short by degrees? Or chop it off one fell swoop?
Old 10-10-2019, 01:10 AM

Beckers, I'm of the "yank off the bandaid" school of thought. Make plans to donate your hair to "Locks of Love" and whack it all off!

You'll love your new freedom!

~VOW
Old 10-10-2019, 01:26 AM

I chopped off my hair once the processed stuff was past my shoulders in 2012 and have allowed it to just be itself. There is a lot of grey, some in streaks, the rest liberally sprinkled throughout, enough so that my hair looks considerably lighter than the dark auburn of my younger years. I don't care for short hair on me, so I am pleased that it's long enough to be contained in a braid that actually lays nicely over one shoulder. I can't complain, it's not white but silver, it sparkles, lol. My daughter calls it tinsel and is amused when I give her The Look!
Old 10-10-2019, 04:11 AM
Charter Member

Well, OP, it's like this - your stylist has a strong economic incentive to persuade you to do anything BUT go natural and to keep dying/styling/using product.

The only way to get your grey is to ditch the stylist (or, if you can, get one who will actually listen to you) and simply grow your hair out.

Honestly, the crap I've had to go through to JUST get a trim on my hair, it's ridiculous. Occasionally, I've gone to barbers who seem much more willing to just trim my hair instead of gooking it up with "product" (half of which causes my scalp to break out in rashes and sores) and pushing pushing pushing to DO STUFF like curl it (my hair is naturally straight) and dye it and Og knows what else.

I'm starting to "frost" at the temples, just starting, and have zero intentions of doing anything to hide it.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:48 AM

Yeah, ditch the stylist. Me, I just go to Great Clips and tell them I want a classic bob. 99% of the time I get a positive response. The other 1% persist in trying to get me to layer my hair. Nope.

My hair started turning grey in my early 20s and except for the 3-4 years I had it professionally dyed red - just about the color of Scully's hair and it looked, frankly, faboo on me - I just let it be. Now it's turning my light brown hair more blondeish again. I think it looks great so I leave the color alone.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:39 AM

Honestly, I'm amazed at all the 'just go natural' calls here. Sad fact is, not all grey hair is equal, and not all people look great with grey hair.

I have a couple of friends with AMAZING silver hair - short, stylish, their skins glow, you name it. But these women are BLESSED. Blessed that they were blond before they went grey, so they never had twenty 'salt and pepper years' where they just looked like a dowdy grey day. They both have amazing skin, so they never looked washed and old beyond their years, unlike my other mate who has thrown off hair dye and gone from 45 to 60 over night (she's 48).

Mother is 92. She stopped dying years ago and she's still not silver grey. She has a big dark patch at the back (she's just beyond caring).

All I'm saying is, when grey hair works, it works brilliantly, but don't expect that's automatically going to be you. If I wanted to go grey with grace and sparkle, rather than drop the dye altogether, I'd choose to dye silver - then you might get the effect your grey hair might never be able to achieve on its own.

Last edited by SanVito; 10-10-2019 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:40 AM
BANNED

I had some gray hair dye when I was a kid. Do it up!
Old 10-10-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanVito View Post
Honestly, I'm amazed at all the 'just go natural' calls here. Sad fact is, not all grey hair is equal, and not all people look great with grey hair.

I have a couple of friends with AMAZING silver hair - short, stylish, their skins glow, you name it. But these women are BLESSED. Blessed that they were blond before they went grey, so they never had twenty 'salt and pepper years' where they just looked like a dowdy grey day. They both have amazing skin, so they never looked washed and old beyond their years, unlike my other mate who has thrown off hair dye and gone from 45 to 60 over night (she's 48).

Mother is 92. She stopped dying years ago and she's still not silver grey. She has a big dark patch at the back (she's just beyond caring).

All I'm saying is, when grey hair works, it works brilliantly, but don't expect that's automatically going to be you. If I wanted to go grey with grace and sparkle, rather than drop the dye altogether, I'd choose to dye silver - then you might get the effect your grey hair might never be able to achieve on its own.
But who says you have to look "amazing"? Some of my favorite people look, well, average. Can't say I even notice what their hair or clothes look like.

A huge part of my freedom from worry was realizing that no one else cared about my hair, or my shoes... they cared about me, about my personality.

That's where my going old "with grace and sparkle" come from. Walking down the street, smiling at people, maybe even whistling, with my mousy grey hair styled by the prevailing winds, not worrying about myself. (Well, I'm making progress on that last one, but it ain't easy)
Old 10-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

I'm going gray, but I gave up the color a long time ago. In fact, it was about thirteen years ago, and I gave up dying my hair black to let it go back to brown. My hair looked like crap for a long time (during which I got married, which is how I recall the time frame. My ugly hair is forever commemorated in those photos, but I was damned if I was going to start over from scratch!)

Depending on your rate of growth and how short you might be willing to go, you could be looking at a couple of years. I think it's a great decision though. (Three hundred bucks, Jebus!)
Old 10-10-2019, 09:07 AM

I do occasional song parodies, usually based on traditional melodies. This piece is called The Wearing of the Gray sung to the tune of (obviously) The Wearing of the Green. Enjoy! Or Not!:

As I sat beneath the clippers shorn, brown locks were falling dead,
I spoke to move my middle part to the far side of my head.
As the stylist combed to lift my hair to lie the other way,
The woman staring from the glass was wearing of the gray.
“Who’s this stranger there?” I wondered, “Oh, it surely can’t be me.”
Just one moment’s hesitation, then I saw what was to be.
I could’ve gave the stylist cash to color it away,
But let me tell you why I chose the Wearing of the Gray.

For fifty years and more I’ve walked, and faced the fight of life,
Survival and experience through every stress and strife.
And it is our common lot to mourn the youth that fades away,
But women far more feel the shame of Wearing of the Gray.
If you’ve seen the show called Younger, or its ad blitz on TV,
A forty-something playing twenty offered as funny.
Yet how sad that such scenarios are offered up today
As proof that women choose to scorn the Wearing of the Gray.

For a world that weighs a woman’s worth by how she’d look in bed,
For every botox-stiffened face, and every pound we shed,
I will put those nineteen-eighties works back on my resume,
And go to those job interviews while Wearing of the Gray.
Like a silverback gorilla, I will show the world my age,
And society will tremble at my menopausal rage,
But in future years, I hope I live enough to see the day,
More women who like me are proud in Wearing of the Gray.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

Glorious, Cats! My menopausal rage has been slightly tamped.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
But who says you have to look "amazing"? Some of my favorite people look, well, average. Can't say I even notice what their hair or clothes look like.

A huge part of my freedom from worry was realizing that no one else cared about my hair, or my shoes... they cared about me, about my personality.

That's where my going old "with grace and sparkle" come from. Walking down the street, smiling at people, maybe even whistling, with my mousy grey hair styled by the prevailing winds, not worrying about myself. (Well, I'm making progress on that last one, but it ain't easy)
Bingo. I'm never going to win a beauty contest (unless I'm going up against Swamp Thing and the Blob), and you know what? Don't care. I'm much happier wearing comfy clothes and sneakers that support my feet properly than dressing up and wearing heels. My friends don't care, either.

My grey hair might not be flattering - I'm not sure how well it goes with my skin tone, to be honest - but I don't care because I think my hair looks good silvery.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummyGladHands View Post
My stylist is terrific, but not listening. She insists that the way to go is something called highlights and lowlights to blend the grey, but I've been doing that for 3 years now. At almost $300 a clip.
I saw a woman with the hair I want, and short of scalping her and taking it, I asked how she got there. She looked at my head and said quit the sylist. Her advice was let it grow and grow and wear a pony tail until the grey ( and these silly "lights" ) are all out of the way, then wack it off maybe chin length and viola, grey hair!!
I'm 70, and although I don't think I look my age (SIDEBAR - ever meet someone who said Oh I totally look my age??) I am tired of the fight. It's never going to be the glorious grey my mother has, but still.
So ladies who went grey, how did you do it. I expect some pain.
Yeah, just let it be. For years my wife used to dye her hair blonde, which I never thought was good for her hair or scalp. She finally got tired of it, and just let it grow out to its natural color, which by then was turning. As the next few years went by, it was revealed that her 'old lady' hair color was a beautiful silvery blonde. At 73 she constantly gets compliments on it. I think that women or men who insist on dying their hair into old age just look silly and vain. Nobody believes that an 80 year old woman has deep brunette locks or flaming red hair.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:59 AM

My original hair color was dark brown. My girlfriend yanked out my first grey hair when I was fourteen.

In college, my stick-straight hair was in its glory--the style was "part it in the middle and wear it straight." I had a patch of grey, well, silver, bisected by the middle part, and it looked amazing!

When I was cutting and perming, I had a brief period of time when my hair looked frosted. I got compliments, "Oh, who does the frosting in your hair, it's beautiful!" I amswered, "God."

Then there was a period of time where I not only had it cut and permed, but I colored it. Grey hair does NOT like coloring. I had to section my hair, use a paint brush to apply the coloring, and then sit for hours with that nasty goop dripping in my eyebrows.

So at fifty, I rebelled! I go to a barber, who uses the one inch clipper blade and off it goes! The hair all around my face is white. There is quite a bit of dark hair at the nape of my neck. So what? It is short, carefree, and I don't give a damn any more!

The rest of my body is dry-dry-dry, but my scalp and hair are still as oily as ever. I wash what little bit of hair I have left with Dawn dish detergent.

Yes, I really do.

~VOW
Old 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM

Disclaimer: didn't read the whole thread.

Quote:
My stylist is terrific, but not listening.
If your stylist isn't listening, she isn't "terrific." Find another stylist. Seriously. For what you're paying, you should be getting the results you want. A really terrific stylist will be able to do it.

In fact, when you see someone with hair you like, ask them who their stylist is and get the phone number. I've done this many, many times. Never a problem.

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 10-10-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Thanks to paternal genetics, I have yet to sprout any gray - I'll be 66 in January. My hair is medium to light brown, thin and straight. Some decades back, I would occasionally dye it light auburn, just for kicks. Even farther back, I'd get it permed. Now I opt for low maintenance - no product, no blow dryer, nothing beyond shampoo and combing.

My dad was just starting to gray when he died at 72, so we'll see how it goes for me. When it happens, it happens. I can't be bothered to mess with it.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Just Lovely and Delicious
Charter Member

My mom dyed her hair black (her natural color) from the ages of 18 to 65, to cover up the gray. All those years...sometimes she did it at home, sometimes at the stylist when she could afford it.

One day she was just like - fuck this! I'm over it!

There was a little protest from the family because we had NEVER seen mom without black hair. No one had. She has always looked very young and now she was suddenly going to be showing her age. Were we ALL going to get old now?!

She went to a stylist who knew her job was to help mom transition from black to gray, so that's what the stylist did. It has taken over a year, to be honest. Some stripping, some highlighting, some more stripping. Letting it grow out, getting it cut.

There were times in this transition where I prodded her to get her hair cut very short because those auburn bits were making her look weird, but she wasn't having it. She just did her thing and walked around with slightly odd-looking hair for a little while and whatever. She gave no fucks.

Finally it looks like she's done with the weird auburn tinge to her hair and she's all natural now. She does have salt & pepper, not Anderson Cooper. But it looks great, especially with her olive skin.

Since it took a long time to do, all of us had time to deal with the emotions associated with mom going gray

Anyway I heartily agree with everyone who says your stylist is trash. You need to go to someone who is going to be your pilot on the journey to go all gray.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I've been doing that for 3 years now. At almost $300 a clip.
I'm a guy & don't have that much to add other than Holy Shit! - I spend about that much for two years worth of cuts!
Old 10-10-2019, 11:36 AM

I've been 100% natural hair color for 3+ years now and I love it (and get tons of compliments on it). Couple thoughts:

- I agree with everyone else who's saying 'ditch the stylist'. Stylists are motivated financially to push products, treatments and styles on you. Find one who's happy to work with your natural color and texture and support you while you transition.

- I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend following the @grombre account and #grombre hashtag on Instagram. Sure, there are a lot of glamour shots, but it really helps recalibrate your eyes and your expectations about grey hair and how women "should" look. There are also a ton of helpful facebook groups. The more you reject the standard beauty programming the freer you will feel.

- I completely disagree with the idea that there is "good grey" and "bad grey". The bullet point above will help you to see that too. In every single before and after shot, the woman looks so much better with her natural grey.

- There are so many ways to go grey, but you have to find what works for you. I went all over ash blonde (I had been dyeing blonde for years, but went ashier on purpose) and had some lowlights added. Then I cut it to chin length and kept cutting it there until all of the color was gone. It took about 2 years in total, but honestly, it wasn't that traumatic. The worst part is that I'm most heavily grey (mine is white, really) on my crown and the back of my head. The opposite of the cool white streak in front I was hoping for. But really, once I accepted the process, even that didn't bother me much.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:47 AM

Here's mine, btw, at 3 years out. No hair color left and I love it.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:51 AM

I want Emmylou Harris hair. My pale blond/greying hair is in its mid-life crisis at this very moment. The grey coming out at the roots is actually darker than my blond. I had 17inches cut off in Febuary. It a fit of panic and my girls poking me into it. It's still long. I don't know what I'm gonna do, but things are changing.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:35 PM

I’m 57 3/4 and I’ve never ever colored my hair. I’m getting some interesting grey ‘highlights’ and I’m crossing digits that I get a good grey, not a yellowy in between color. I was white-blond as a kid and am mid-brown now.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMoon View Post
I do too. Very pretty!
Old 10-10-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saje View Post
Iím 57 3/4 and Iíve never ever colored my hair. Iím getting some interesting grey Ďhighlightsí and Iím crossing digits that I get a good grey, not a yellowy in between color. I was white-blond as a kid and am mid-brown now.
FYI, for my silver sisters (and anyone considering it), purple shampoo and conditioner is wonderful for keeping your white/silver/grey hair bright and non-yellowed. You will not look lavender unless you leave it in.

Another FYI, heat styling can also make grey hair yellow, so it's best to minimize that if you feel you can. (Another plug for embracing your natural texture)
Old 10-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Embracing the Suck
Charter Member

I shaved my head back in Jan 2018, previously I had dyed it assorted colors, and had gotten it cut various ways with layering of the past decade. I discovered I had cancer, and so I stopped dying my hair, and let it just grow at its own rate. I went from 25 percent grey to about 40 or 50 percent grey, and it had been sort of dandelion-fly away, but stabilized about 4 inches ago back to a normal thickness, and level of curl. I did discover oddly enough that it has naturally ended up with the sale look as the past fairly expensive layered cut. I also recently was given some lavender Overtone coloring conditioner, and it works wonderfully - I liked it enough so that I just bought the intense purple for brown hair and adore the look of it. It really does wash out completely in 2 weeks, doesn't leave any hint of stain on the grey hairs and is easy to apply.

I vote chop it all off, claim it is in support of someone you know with cancer and let it grow back at its own rate [and hope you don't get diagnosed with cancer like I did *sigh*]
Old 10-10-2019, 03:02 PM

This has been a most interesting thread.
For those of you who decided to get a perm at some point in your life, and I mean this with all the heartfelt sincerity someone with naturally curly hair can muster,
WTEVERLOVINGF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOW View Post
I stopped messing with my hair when I turned 50. No more coloring, no more perms. My natural hair is stick straight. I had the last perm cut off to where my hair was about 1-1/2 inches long.

It stuck straight up. I told everyone I went punk at 50.

I've finally settled on one inch long. I love it. I do nothing to it but wash it.

I am "hair emancipated."

~VOW
VOW is my new Hero Of The Week
Old 10-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkVader View Post
For those of you who decided to get a perm at some point in your life, and I mean this with all the heartfelt sincerity someone with naturally curly hair can muster,
It was the eighties, and I only permed the back half of my mullet!
You should have seen it after I took the scissors to it.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:12 PM

DGH, I went the opposite route and had my hair cut very short, starting last spring. The style I went with bears the unfortunate but accurate nickname "Floppy Hitler". It's long on top and very short on the sides. I've been getting compliments and the last time I looked, there was only a tiny dusting of color left. I'm loving it. Shorter, cheaper, and it turned out to be a stunning white/gray. I've decided to keep it this short, but I'll need a toque this winter to keep my head warm this winter.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I'm 70, and although I don't think I look my age (SIDEBAR - ever meet someone who said Oh I totally look my age??)
I do. Every minute of it, and then some. I'm turning 60 in a few weeks.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dung Beetle View Post
Glorious, Cats! My menopausal rage has been slightly tamped.
Thanks Beetle!
Old 10-10-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMoon View Post
Love that!!
Old 10-10-2019, 06:15 PM

I'm nowhere near gray yet, but the way my grandmothers achieved theirs was by visiting the hairdresser never (Abuelita) and as little as possible (Yaya). Yaya made it very clear that she was there for a cut, nothing but, and that anybody who so much as tried to dye her hair would be needing a proctologist stat.

ETA: twice in my life I've done some "beauty thing" at my mother's insistence but only after obtaining a promise that if I hated it she'd shut the fuck up about it forever and ever amen. One of them was a perm, and damn did I hate it. Mom's allowed to ask if I'm going to go to the hairdresser's, but that's it: any attempts to tell me what to do with my hair are met with an Eyebrow of Doom.

Last edited by Nava; 10-10-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:21 PM

My ol' Granny had the prettiest cotton white hair. I suppose it was less white when I was a baby, but I don't remember that.
She would let me comb it out when I spent the night with her. I wanted to have that kinda hair. It looks like I won't.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanVito View Post

I have a couple of friends with AMAZING silver hair - short, stylish, their skins glow, you name it. But these women are BLESSED. Blessed that they were blond before they went grey, so they never had twenty 'salt and pepper years' where they just looked like a dowdy grey day. They both have amazing skin...
Nothing wrong with salt'n'pepper, my now-droopy cheeks are an inheritance from Abuelita (apparently we're related to Angela Landsbury) and someday I do hope to have as deep a network of wrinkles as she did. It took me a long time to get here, I'm allowed to show it!

My Aunt Mari has had white hair since she was thirty, but she already looked dowdy when she was three. Some people just happen to be dowdy.

Last edited by Nava; 10-10-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:29 PM

I guess we scared off the OP. Amazing how often that happens.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
I guess we scared off the OP. Amazing how often that happens.
Huh? Here reading. Was there an unanswered ? I missed?
Old 10-10-2019, 08:26 PM

After my house flooded I had to spend 8 months living in a camper and that was super not fun to keep my long hair dyed so in early '15 I said a firm "fuck this" and decided to let it grow out. Turns out the top layer is a super nice silver and the under layers are a much more interesting shade of dishwater blonde than it's ever been. Once or twice a year I'd chop off enough inches of hair to leave just enough for a pony tail. Took about 2.5 years before it all grew out then I just stopped cutting it. I use a super mild Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner on it and whaddaya know--that oily hair I always thought I had was a combination of too much stripping from dye and harsh shampoos along with too greasy conditioners to try to put it all back in balance. I also always thought my hair would never grow past the middle of my back but it turns out that was just yucky split ends drying out from the processing. Now it's brushing the top of my butt, it's incredibly healthy, the ends don't split and I finally have a really interesting hair color--all because I decided it was too much trouble. Best hair related decision I've ever made.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAleq View Post
After my house flooded I had to spend 8 months living in a camper and that was super not fun to keep my long hair dyed so in early '15 I said a firm "fuck this" and decided to let it grow out. Turns out the top layer is a super nice silver and the under layers are a much more interesting shade of dishwater blonde than it's ever been. Once or twice a year I'd chop off enough inches of hair to leave just enough for a pony tail. Took about 2.5 years before it all grew out then I just stopped cutting it. I use a super mild Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner on it and whaddaya know--that oily hair I always thought I had was a combination of too much stripping from dye and harsh shampoos along with too greasy conditioners to try to put it all back in balance. I also always thought my hair would never grow past the middle of my back but it turns out that was just yucky split ends drying out from the processing. Now it's brushing the top of my butt, it's incredibly healthy, the ends don't split and I finally have a really interesting hair color--all because I decided it was too much trouble. Best hair related decision I've ever made.
Hey! More info on the tea tree stuff. My hair needs this info. Kinda fast.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:

VOW is my new Hero Of The Week

*twirling around, showing off my new hero cape*

~VOW
Old 10-10-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintly Loser View Post
I do. Every minute of it, and then some. I'm turning 60 in a few weeks.
50 hurt my feelings. 60 pissed me off. I haven't yet decided what I'll feel when I turn 70.

~VOW
Old 10-10-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Hey! More info on the tea tree stuff. My hair needs this info. Kinda fast.
Let it go, Beck. Take deep breaths.

~VOW
Old 10-10-2019, 09:49 PM

~VOW
I'm thinking you'll be dementedly happy at age 70.
My Daddy said 70 was his second childhood. He capitalized on that.
Girl, love that cape!! You're owning the super hero vibe!

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 10-10-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:31 PM

*nudges Beck*
You should go radical, cut it like VOW but, Bright Pink with matching boots and jacket.

Also, please be aware that I don't always advocate such things unless I've done something in the same realm of radicalness...long ago...very long ago...when such things were acceptable, as they are for young people trying to figure out their place and who they are in the world...so very very long ago

Wait, we get a second childhood? aaahhh screw it I still ain't copping to bein older than twelve emotionally

Last edited by DorkVader; 10-10-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
*nudges Beck*
You should go radical, cut it like VOW but, Bright Pink with matching boots and jacket.

Also, please be aware that I don't always advocate such things unless I've done something in the same realm of radicalness...long ago...very long ago...when such things were acceptable, as they are for young people trying to figure out their place and who they are in the world...so very very long ago

Wait, we get a second childhood? aaahhh screw it I still ain't copping to bein older than twelve emotionally
You forgot to tell what you did that was so radical. Come on, spill it!
Old 10-10-2019, 10:53 PM

I had a bit of wild child at fifty, shortly after I cut it all off and went punk. I had the top dyed red. Picture it: short, spiky mostly white hair...with fire engine RED on top.

Getting reactions from co-workers was an experience to treasure forever! I'd just smile and say, "I had fun."

It was great.

And the next haircut, it was gone.

~VOW

Last edited by VOW; 10-10-2019 at 10:53 PM.