Old 02-15-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
So I found out the other day that Orteil has released a new game called Neverending Legacy, and it's quite addicting too. Probably even more so than Cookie Clicker, at least once it gets fleshed out some more. http://orteil.dashnet.org/legacy/
I really wanted to like that game. But it was hard to see the icons, and that "Alpha" logo constantly moving in my peripheral vision drove me back out in a matter of minutes. Too bad, it has potential to be far more interesting than most idle games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
As someone who started playing 5 months ago (and spent a month and a half playing heavily), I have no idea how anyone was able to maintain interest in this game prior to the minigames being implemented. As is I almost lost interest on numerous occasions. And I am one who withheld looking to what would happen once you attained all the upgrades and HC's and was unpleasantly surprised by the lack of a payoff or anything interesting.
It's an idle game; we minimize it for weeks or months at a time, checking in now and then to realize gains and evaluate strategy. It's also a mindless mouse exercise during boring conference calls. I don't know anybody playing this like it's an x-box.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruCelt View Post
I really wanted to like that game. But it was hard to see the icons, and that "Alpha" logo constantly moving in my peripheral vision drove me back out in a matter of minutes. Too bad, it has potential to be far more interesting than most idle games.
I agree that the icons could be clearer, but on the other hand it doesn't take long to learn them by heart. What I quite like about it is that the different start positions really make it a completely different experience. I had one random game start me in an ice desert and everybody starved to death after a few years.

Last edited by Telperion; 02-15-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:03 AM
Charter Member

In case anyone still cares, I now have 400 of every building, every prestige upgrade, and over nine billion Heavenly Chips in store the next time I ascend. All that I'm really missing now is sugar, since I re-started well after sugar lumps were implemented. As soon as I get to 10 billion HC I'll close it down until the next update, because I've a hunch there might be some very expensive new prestige upgrades. Progress on cookie count is, at this point, based entirely on selling a Chancemaker (for 35 duodecillion cookies) and then sponetaneously edifying it back every 45 minutes, and that'll remain the only relevant factor up until about a trillion HC (which isn't going to happen, barring some new game-changer as big as spellcasting).
SPOILER:
Mi4wMDQ1fHwxNTIxNzI2OTgzNjY4O05hTjsxNTIzNzE0MzUyMTE0O0Nocm9ub3M7cnZva3F8w6TCsMKADHwxLjcyNjE0OTkyODY5 OTM3NzdlKzQyOzEuNzI2MTQ5OTI4Njk5Mzc3N2UrNDI7ODE4OzQ1NjYwOzIuNzM0MTA1MzEwMDQ3NjcyZSszNjs2MDg5MjszOzEw OzIuNDk2ODI0NzEwMjkxODQzM2UrNDA7MzsxMDswOzA7LTE7MTA5OzY3OzEuODU5MTM0NDQyMjQ0OTE5MmUrMzg7MjcyOzE0OzYz Oy0xOzc7OzQuNDAwOTAxMTMzNTkzNTY5ZSszODsxMjsyOTIyNzc5MjY2OzIxMzI2OTkzMzsyNzA5NTA5MzMzOzA7MDs0NDI7NDQx OzE4OTsyMjY7NDAwOzIyOzU7MTsxOzUwOzA7MDs1NDs3MzsxNTIzNjY1ODI5Mjg4O3w0NzAsMTM1MCwxLjg2NTQ4ODM0MjIzMTk4 ODhlKzM1LDA7NjAwLDk1NywxLjk1NjM2MjU2NDM5NjI2NTZlKzM0LDA7NDAwLDExNTMsMi41MTY5ODM3OTg0NDQ5N2UrMzQsMDs0 MDAsNzUxLDEuNjYwMTI5NDkzOTA0MDQ1M2UrMzYsMDs0MDAsODUxLDMuNDY3MjMxMzU2ODk4MTkyZSszNSwwOzQwMCwxMTUzLDEu MDYzNDEyOTE2NTk1ODU0OWUrMzUsMTs0MDAsNzUzLDUuMDU4MDU4MzQ0Mzc0ODIzZSszNSwyLDEwLzgvMCAzIDE1MjMyMjU2NDc0 NTA7NDAwLDc1MSwxLjc1NjU4NjY4MjU2NTEzOWUrMzUsMSw4Ljg0MzAzMzEzMjM5MjQyNCAzMDMgNzkyOzQwMCw3NTUsNi42NDYw Mzc0NjY0NDk0MzZlKzM0LDA7NDAwLDc1MiwzLjgxMjkxODQyMDU4NDY1NGUrMzUsMDs0MDAsNzUxLDIuMjA4NTk2MjgxNDkwNjc2 ZSszNiwwOzQwMCw3NTMsMS4zNzE4ODI3MzE4ODA4OTQ4ZSszNywwOzQwMCw3NTQsMS4yMDI2OTM2ODU1ODk0OTRlKzM4LDM7NDAw LDc1NywzLjg5MTY0MTQ1MDgxNzg5MDZlKzM3LDE7NDAwLDgwMCwxLjM3MTU2NTk1NDM0NTY0MzVlKzM4LDM7fMOnwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cr8OnwrPCvMOmwr/Cv8Okwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cs8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8OnwrPCv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/CvMOnwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8OmwqrCj8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/CssOnwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr7Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr7Cr8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cr8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/CvMOkwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwq/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cr8OHwr98w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6XCv8K/w6fCv8K4w6TCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K7w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K3w6fCm8K/w6fCv8K/w6fCv8K+w6TCgMKBw6bCn8K/BXw%3D%21END%21
Old 04-18-2018, 01:53 PM
Charter Member

So, there's a new update. A bunch of new achievements, a few new cookie flavors, a new kitten... and a farm minigame. What I know of it so far:

You have a grid of planting spaces. The size of the grid depends on the level you have for farms. You start with one kind of seed, baker's wheat, but there are 33 others that can be unlocked. You can plant any kind of seed you have in any free grid space, or leave a space blank. The plants take a while to mature, after which they produce some benefit (baker's wheat gives +1% CPS). A mature plant has a chance to reproduce, starting a new plant in a space adjacent to it. Usually, this plant will be the same kind as the parent, but it can be different, especially if there are multiple different plants next to the empty square. A mature plant eventually decays away, but if you harvest it before that happens, you have a chance to unlock that kind of seed, and can then plant it yourself. There are also different kinds of soil you can use in your garden, that give various bonuses and penalties.

So far, I've found baker's wheat, thumbcorn (+2% to clicks), and cronerice (+3% to grandmas), and gotten the seed for thumbcorn. I haven't gotten cronerice seed yet, because (unsurprisingly) it takes a very long time to mature. It's also apparently possible to get weeds, but I haven't seen any yet: I don't know if they just waste space, or if they give penalties.

Basically, it seems to be a very slow and unreliable crafting system. Nothing looks really game-changing yet, but then, there are a lot of plants I haven't found yet.

Last edited by Chronos; 04-18-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:09 PM

There's a solid Google Doc about the Farm system - don't read if you want to suss it all out by yourself :

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1...5PlZS6DxRq/pub
Old 04-23-2018, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Nothing looks really game-changing yet, but then, there are a lot of plants I haven't found yet.
Update on this: There is indeed something really game-changing, but oddly, I haven't found anyone else online talking about it. Cheapcap fungus (buildings and upgrades are 0.2% cheaper) enables the game to go truly exponential, and with a fairly fast timescale. Since making that post, I've gone from about 3.6 tredecillion to 24.6 tredecillion, and that's even with taking some time to get the seeds, discover the strategy, and refine it.

The basic idea is buy cheap, sell dear. Get your field up to 6x6 (level 9 farms), and fill it with Cheapcaps. When they're mature, switch your soil to clay, switch your diamond worship to Dotjeiss, switch your dragon aura to Fierce Hoarder, and cast Summon Crafty Pixies, then buy as many buildings as you can (just set it to buy 100 at a time; if it can't afford 100, then it'll buy as many as it can). After you've bought all you can, harvest all the cheapcaps, switch worship and aura back (one aura must be Earthshatterer), and wait for the Pixies to wear off (optionally, you can also re-cast Pixies repeatedly until you get a backfire). Then sell back all of the buildings you just bought: They'll sell for about 18% more than what you paid for them, and since you paid your entire bankroll, you've just multiplied your bankroll by a factor of 1.18 .

The whole cycle takes two hours, limited by the worship-switching. You'll end up sacrificing Chancemakers (or whatever your top building is) to switch your dragon aura, but that's OK, because you can just sell all but two of those so they're cheap. You don't need CPS for this to work anyway (in fact, a high CPS is actually a drawback, because of the cost to plant the seeds).

In between cycles, you'll also have nearly two hours to do other gardening, and you'll both cast a lot of spells and harvest a lot of mature plants with this strategy, giving you progress towards both of those achievements.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Update on this: There is indeed something really game-changing, but oddly, I haven't found anyone else online talking about it. Cheapcap fungus (buildings and upgrades are 0.2% cheaper) enables the game to go truly exponential, and with a fairly fast timescale. Since making that post, I've gone from about 3.6 tredecillion to 24.6 tredecillion, and that's even with taking some time to get the seeds, discover the strategy, and refine it.

The basic idea is buy cheap, sell dear. Get your field up to 6x6 (level 9 farms), and fill it with Cheapcaps. When they're mature, switch your soil to clay, switch your diamond worship to Dotjeiss, switch your dragon aura to Fierce Hoarder, and cast Summon Crafty Pixies, then buy as many buildings as you can (just set it to buy 100 at a time; if it can't afford 100, then it'll buy as many as it can). After you've bought all you can, harvest all the cheapcaps, switch worship and aura back (one aura must be Earthshatterer), and wait for the Pixies to wear off (optionally, you can also re-cast Pixies repeatedly until you get a backfire). Then sell back all of the buildings you just bought: They'll sell for about 18% more than what you paid for them, and since you paid your entire bankroll, you've just multiplied your bankroll by a factor of 1.18 .

The whole cycle takes two hours, limited by the worship-switching. You'll end up sacrificing Chancemakers (or whatever your top building is) to switch your dragon aura, but that's OK, because you can just sell all but two of those so they're cheap. You don't need CPS for this to work anyway (in fact, a high CPS is actually a drawback, because of the cost to plant the seeds).

In between cycles, you'll also have nearly two hours to do other gardening, and you'll both cast a lot of spells and harvest a lot of mature plants with this strategy, giving you progress towards both of those achievements.
How can I get cheapcap? I can only plant 5 types of seeds (including a weed) No matter how many crops I grow I never get any other seeds.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug K. View Post
How can I get cheapcap? I can only plant 5 types of seeds (including a weed) No matter how many crops I grow I never get any other seeds.
Do you have the molds and fungi yet? If not, spend a couple of days in fertilizer.*

* You know, If you'd asked me a week ago, I might have thought I'd say that some day, but I'd never have thought it would be helpful and polite. ROFL!
Old 05-03-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruCelt View Post
Do you have the molds and fungi yet? If not, spend a couple of days in fertilizer.*

* You know, If you'd asked me a week ago, I might have thought I'd say that some day, but I'd never have thought it would be helpful and polite. ROFL!
I've actually spent almost all my time in fertilizer. I can only plant baker's wheat, thumbcorn, cronerice, gidmillet, and meddleweed.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug K. View Post
I've actually spent almost all my time in fertilizer. I can only plant baker's wheat, thumbcorn, cronerice, gidmillet, and meddleweed.
Let meddleweed age, with some empty space around it. It has a chance to drop Crumbspore or one of the mold types when harvested, if it's mature.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:55 PM

Now if only I could get some damn Bakeberries to spawn..
Old 05-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

And I finally read someone else online using my exponential strategy... except that they had an even simpler, and much, much faster, version of it. See, it turns out that the money you get from selling a building isn't 85% of what you paid for it: It's 85% of what the next one would cost. That is, 97.75% of what you paid for it. Which means that an exponential strategy was possible as soon as the Pantheon game came online. And yet, the vast majority of the community was ignoring it in favor of unreliable triple-frenzy supercombos. But you just know that there's someone out there somewhere who's been following it all this time, and now has a googol cookies baked.

Doug K., even without fungi, you should be able to get Bakeberries (2 wheat), Gildmillet (Corn + Crone), regular and golden clover (gildmillet + wheat, though golden is really rare), and Shimmerlily (clover + gildmillet). After that, though, you'll need brown mold and crumbspore (from harvesting mature weeds), and the things that follow from them.

Right now, all I still need are juicy queenbeets and golden clover, both of which are quite elusive. Plus fern tea, duketater biscuits, and elderwort biscuits: The tea and wort biscuits should be doable by running overnight, but the duketater biscuits are going to be a pain, with their relatively long immaturity and rapid decay.

If you're hunting the upgrades, get green yeast digestives (from green rot) first. It's fairly easy, and will make the others slightly more likely to drop.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:35 PM

nm

Last edited by Thing Fish; 03-12-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:09 PM

Bump...
Just when I thought I was ready to get out of the game, they drag me back in with a new building, Javascript Consoles ("creates cookies from the very code this game was written in")
Old Yesterday, 01:59 AM

Gah! You suck, you pulled me in too when I saw this thread last week.

My account from over three years ago was still going, so I quickly reincarnated to check out the new (to me) heavenly cookies deal and it's been off to the races. All the mini-games were new to me as well.

I've been reincarnating daily-ish, and so far I have all heavenly chip upgrades that cost less than 40 million, and only those. Each reincarnation the most expensive building gets to 200 pretty quick, and most are in the 300 - 400 range within, I dunno, a half hour? A majority are 400 or higher within an hour, dragon fully upgraded. (production x2 and sugar cubes)

My current strategy uses Conjure Baked Goods. The goal is to stack frenzy + building bonus (level 400) and cast it twice for 1800 seconds * 7 frenzy * 40 building bonus = 504k seconds of production each cast. Building Bonus is listed as around a 10% chance, so one in ten followups to frenzy isn't hard to wait for. (Wrath cookies probably make it more like 1 in 12 to 15. Still, not super rare.)

The trick is the cap of 15% of your bank, meaning you need 3.36m seconds worth in the bank to cover it. Mainly prematurely popping wrinklers; I popped the first 6 or 8 once I had that many, then let all 12 arrive and nibble for two hours. Popping them all now it's 3.5 hours into this ascension and I have just over 1 million seconds worth in the bank. A third of the way there. Plus I have a full mana bar and two successful casts queued up; I'm ready to go!

Requiring no mouse dexterity, and no super rare event, on success you net 11 days, 16 hours worth of cps in a moment with a forgivingly long window to react. (Something like 20 to 30 seconds at least.) Whaddya think? Is almost 12 days at once decent, or are there better ways to generate like a month of cps in one shot, maybe?
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM

Seems like a good strategy..
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM

Actually, Elder Frenzy all by itself is x666, well above the combination x280 if you stack frenzy and building bonus. Since adopting my strategy I've gotten two Elder Frenzies but only one combo, and that combo was with javascript so I only had 200.

The first (poor) combo helped establish a bank, or at least to 50% of goal, so the first elder frenzy generated 6 days 5 hours in one shot. Popping the wrinklers this afternoon after running offline last night got me the rest of the way to 3 million seconds, and just now an elder frenzy appeared giving me (slightly over) 1 million seconds of production.

Specifically, my cps is 172 octillion and the two elder frenzy baked goods I just cast conjured 67 then 72 decillion cookies, or thereabouts, totaling around 1,009,368 seconds which is 11 days, 16 hours and 41 minutes. Nice!

Good grief, while typing this just now I got a perfect combo (level 400 building) but of course I don't have the mana or even two guaranteed successes queued up yet. Still, nice to see like 30-45 seconds of 280x production if only to jumpstart the fresh wrinklers. (15 minutes to respawn all 12.)

But yeah, I think I like the 1 million seconds at once technique.
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

Started anew about 6 weeks ago. Almost immediately there was a glitch in my favour - when I refreshed the browser it thought I was away for over 700 days and it gave me 700 sugar lumps. That has helped of course, but not as much as you would think. I still have a few hundred left after bumping several buildings up to Level 10.

I make about 95% of my cookies in the Garden by growing Bakeberrys which return 30 minutes of CPS when harvested. That's 30 minutes of the current CPS, so you harvest in a frenzy/building-special for zillions of cookies (same as Ellis Dee described in #1065).