Old 09-22-2019, 10:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butterfly's Ghost View Post
Um, romansperson? Just checking if you got the rules right. It's "three people, one card each" not "one person, three cards".

In addition to the cute Guglhupf card and the stunning b/w national park card.... I now got a beautiful elephant from the North Carolina National Zoo.

Thank you very much! All of your cards have been thoughtful and funny and I so loved the suprise of getting bonus cards!

I'm just a rebel that way . And thank you for the extra cool bonus card I found in the mail last night! It is in perfect condition and I can hardly wait to put it together. Amazing!
Old 09-22-2019, 10:30 AM

I got a beautiful wooden butterfly to assemble in a postcard from The Butterfly's Ghost. Sadly, it didn't arrive quite intact, but it's still awesome! Thank you!! I've never seen anything quite like it!
Old 09-23-2019, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Impatiently watches mailbox...
Old 09-23-2019, 11:52 PM
SDSAB

Hmm. Has anyone else not gotten all three postcards from those on his or her list?
Old 09-24-2019, 12:03 AM
Endowment Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Hmm. Has anyone else not gotten all three postcards from those on his or her list?
I won't be home to check for another week or so. I'm sure they're in the box waiting for me, though.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:39 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
I've just gotten the ones from Biotop, but my carrier is notorious.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:15 AM
Shouting Grasshopper

As noted earlier, I'm out on a 6-week road trip (currently in Kentucky), so I won't be able to acknowledge the cards for a while. Looking forward to seeing the postcards when I get back!
Old 09-24-2019, 10:41 AM

I apologize: I missed Rule 5. My postcards were mailed out this past weekend.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:03 PM

Ohhhhhh - another bonus card!
Silenus - I love the 50s sweater add! Awesome!
Old 09-24-2019, 06:37 PM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

The rest of the exchange might be done, but I think needscoffee and I will be swapping Godzilla cards for a bit longer.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:33 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

I've received all my cards, but I have three that are unacknowledged, two excused for traveling but one of my bonus cards seems to have gone missing. Or perhaps the address from years past is now out-of-date....
Old 09-27-2019, 08:01 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

I got two yesterday from Teuton: One with Sir Frances Drake and one showing off the beautiful port of Plymouth.

Thank you.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:31 PM

Just received a postcard from Miss Take displaying 'Minnesota's Largest Candy Store'. Thanks!

I have now received cards from everybody on my list.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill View Post
I got two yesterday from Teuton: One with Sir Frances Drake and one showing off the beautiful port of Plymouth.

Thank you.
You're welcome!
You are still missing a card though, I sent three to everyone, all at the same time. It always amazes me just how separated they can get.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:01 PM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

Too cool for school! The Butterfly's Ghost, the bee arrived intact! Amazing. Thank you!
Old 09-27-2019, 11:34 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Just received a postcard from Miss Take displaying 'Minnesota's Largest Candy Store'. Thanks!

I have now received cards from everybody on my list.
Me too, today, on all counts. Thanks, MissTake!
Old 09-27-2019, 11:52 PM

I just received a lovely bonus good-luck card from Romansperson. Very cool card!
Old 09-28-2019, 12:45 AM
Charter Member

Yea! I got a very nice card from Teuton today featuring La Ville Close in Concarneau. My wife and I would indeed like to someday visit Brittany.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by needscoffee View Post
I just received a lovely bonus good-luck card from Romansperson. Very cool card!
That was in the mail for about forever - I was beginning to wonder if it got lost. Glad you finally received it!
Old 09-29-2019, 09:38 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuton View Post
You're welcome!

You are still missing a card though, I sent three to everyone, all at the same time. It always amazes me just how separated they can get.
It arrived yesterday. I've always wanted to visit Brittany.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:22 PM

I haven't received acknowledgement or a card from one of my exchangees. I hope everything's OK!
Old 10-01-2019, 12:14 AM
Endowment Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
I haven't received acknowledgement or a card from one of my exchangees. I hope everything's OK!
I'm sure I have yours in my mailbox. I've been in Zagreb all month, and only just got back last night. I'll be checking my mail today and will report back.
I'm not sure why you haven't received my card yet, though. I sent all three on the same day, but it looks like only one of them arrived. Unfortunate. I hope they make it!
Old 10-01-2019, 06:46 AM
Endowment Member
Charter Member

Picked up all of my postcards today.

Karen Lingel sent me one from the Seymour Marine Discovery Center in ; a picture of a huge Blue Whale skeleton! I also enjoy marine life, and I used to volunteer at a dolphin and small whale hospital in Florida. Thank you for the card!

Helena330 sent me two post cards from Washington state; one a picture of a home designed by famous architect, Frank Lloyed Wright, and another depicting a large car ferry in the Puget sound. Funny how the picture of the house only shows a small section of a patio, but I recognized it right away as one of his designs! The large ferry reminds me of the one I once rode from The Netherlands to the United Kingdom ten years ago. Great times. Thank you for the cards!

Blondebear sent me two cards, though one of them is more like ten cards in one. The first is a picture of the Amoeba Music store on Sunset Blvd. He mentions that his brother once stood in line behind Jimmy Page shopping for records. I once worked the pit at a Page / Plant concert in Florida. There's a lot of history in those old, iconic record stores. I hope it continues to survive in today's online music market. The second card is probably my favorite of the entire bunch. It's an old, vintage postcard folder with an accordion-style centerfold containing pictures of a bunch of New York's landmarks. What I love most about it, is the final page explaining how great New York is. It seems to be written from a time when, perhaps, many people didn't really know much about New York. It talks about New York having the third largest airport in the country and "more than a score of railroads and more than 150 steamship lines" :O This is a nice piece of history. I'm not sure when the exact date is, but it's definitely pre-WWII, and it mentions that the most recent undertaking was the Rockefeller Center. So I think the card is from 1933-1940? That's awesome! Thank you!!

I hope you all get my cards soon.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:58 AM
Endowment Member
Charter Member

Still nothing, huh? I'm terribly sorry about that. I swear it's not my fault. I don't have a picture of the fronts, but here's the backs. https://ibb.co/JKGnFkP https://ibb.co/JpTVjNC
If they don't arrive by the time I take my next trip, I'll send out another set!
Old 10-08-2019, 12:56 PM

I'm a bit concerned that two of my cards may have got lost. I haven't heard back from dbygawdcapn and Nayna yet, though my first card arrived already three weeks ago. If they're really lost, I'll send new ones.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:14 PM

One of my group has yet to check back into the thread, either to say they've sent or received, or had others say they've received cards from them. I hope they're ok.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:27 PM

Bear_Nenno, you saw (Post 95) where I received your postcard, right?

Teuton, I would send you a pity postcard, but I already sent you a bonus card.

Anyone else who didn't get their allotment of cards? I will volunteer to send you a pity postcard. Heck, anyone who didn't get a regular or bonus postcard from me can PM your address, and I will send you a bonus. I got lotsa postcards.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Endowment Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lingel View Post
Yup. It looks like the other two cards never made it, though.
I hope you enjoyed my drawing. Are you still a penguinist? I plan to visit the LHC before I leave Europe (probably in the next year or so). I will be sure to send you a post card from there!

Last edited by Bear_Nenno; 10-08-2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsHund View Post
I'm a bit concerned that two of my cards may have got lost. I haven't heard back from dbygawdcapn and Nayna yet, though my first card arrived already three weeks ago. If they're really lost, I'll send new ones.
I still haven’t received yours yet, I’m guessing it was so incredible that the Post Office decided to keep it for themselves.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lingel View Post

Teuton, I would send you a pity postcard, but I already sent you a bonus card.
That's ok, I got plenty of postcards, thanks to all who joined in
Old 10-09-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Nenno View Post
I plan to visit the LHC before I leave Europe (probably in the next year or so). I will be sure to send you a post card from there!
I've actually been in the tunnel of the LHC! It may have been before it was called the LHC though. I haven't been a penguinist for over 20 years now (and I recently packed up all my penguins for Goodwill...)

Enjoy your visit!
Old 10-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

I have been on vacation for over a week. Perhaps, upon return tomorrow and held mail pickup, a postcard or two?
Old 10-09-2019, 09:10 PM

I got to assemble my very own model of a archeopteryx! It's on my kitchen shelf now. Thanks, EinsteinsHund!

Sorry for the delayed response - I received the card last week, then decided I should make the model before I replied, then went away for the weekend ... anyway, I love it! Sorry I caused you to worry.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayna View Post
I got to assemble my very own model of a archeopteryx! It's on my kitchen shelf now. Thanks, EinsteinsHund!

Sorry for the delayed response - I received the card last week, then decided I should make the model before I replied, then went away for the weekend ... anyway, I love it! Sorry I caused you to worry.
I'm very glad that my card arrived and that you like it ! And it gives me hope that dbygawdcapn gets hers too soon.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Nenno View Post
Yup. It looks like the other two cards never made it, though.
No, but I'm glad you received the ones I sent! Don't worry about re-sending yours.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:29 PM
Charter Member

Two cheerful.postcards from Teuton! A friendly giraffe from the Pignton Zoo and a Devon Flag. Nice to receive them amongst the otherwise dreary pile of bills in the post-vacation bundle. Thank you!