Old 09-04-2019, 10:46 AM

When is the last time you looked up something in an encyclopedia, a dictionary or any other reference book? Everything imaginable can be Googled now.

When I was a kid (60s-70s), someone gave us a set of Webster's Encyclopedias from the 30s or 40s. I used them all the time for school reports or just because I was wondering something. I still use a dictionary once in a while but it's an app on my iPhone.

Remember the days when you wondered something and never really had a way to find out? Something as simple as the lyrics to a favorite song we'd have to guess at unless we were lucky enough to have the album with the lyrics printed on the record sleeve. It's all at our fingertips now. We don't have to wonder about anything anymore.

Someone else mentioned dogs roaming around the neighborhood. That was a regular occurrence when I was a kid too. More things regarding dogs:

You don't see dogs tied up to dog houses anymore either. We always had big dogs as pets but they were also considered "watchdogs". So they lived outside in their doghouse. My dad would put a bale of straw inside so they were always cozy and warm. He also rigged up a zip line and cable so the dog always had room to run around. Now, my giant dogs sleep on the couch or the beds and have never been tied up outside unless it's their leash and we're going for a walk.

I don't ever remember people neutering their male dogs. Spaying a female dog was a little more common but not like today. We rarely brought our dogs to the vet. We always had male dogs so we didn't have to worry about puppies!

I'm not sure when this trend started but, NEVER were my parents referred to as the dog's parents! That would have been crazy-talk. The dogs weren't called furbabies, the boys, the girls, etc. They were dogs.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

And people did not bring dogs into public places. There were no "therapy dogs."

OTOH, people did smoke in public places and did not clean up after their dogs.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAleq View Post
When I bought my house 20 years ago the mortgage papers were made out to "Smart Aleq, an unmarried woman" which I thought was kinda hilarious, especially since my son bought a house a few years later and it did NOT specify HIS marital status. I wonder if that's changed?
Just one data point, but the paperwork when I bought my first house definitely referred to me as "an unmarried man." I remember thinking it seemed like such an odd phrasing. This would have been about 20 years ago as well.

Last edited by MrAtoz; 09-04-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:06 AM
Voodoo Adult (Slight Return)
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAleq View Post
When I bought my house 20 years ago the mortgage papers were made out to "Smart Aleq, an unmarried woman" which I thought was kinda hilarious, especially since my son bought a house a few years later and it did NOT specify HIS marital status. I wonder if that's changed?
As of a deed I just checked dated August 30, 2019, it is still standard phrasing in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.

FTR, I believe it is designed to simplify things if the owner later marries and sells the property under a different name.

My wife's house is still listed only in her name and as "unmarried," simply because we didn't feel like paying the $50 or whatever it is to add my name to the deed and change her name. My ex-wife's house is still listed under her married name (I signed a quit-claim deed to have my name removed), probably for the same "not worth the money" reason.

Last edited by KneadToKnow; 09-04-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Regarding communal showers in school - for me it was late 60s/early 70s and unless you were on your period, you showered. The rare exception was when class ran long and the teacher realized you'd never make your next class.
In my school (early 60s) having your period did get you out of showering, and the fact was noted in the teacher's grade book. If you tried to pretend you were having your period when you weren't, she'd look to see when you last had a period and she'd ask you why it was only two weeks ago.

Side issue: I think "being on your period" vs "having your period" might be regional. I was in Illinois. FairyChatMom, where were you?
Old 09-04-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC4941 View Post
I'm not sure when this trend started but, NEVER were my parents referred to as the dog's parents! That would have been crazy-talk. The dogs weren't called furbabies, the boys, the girls, etc. They were dogs.
Good point. Pets were pets, not substitute children.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
NEVER were my parents referred to as the dog's parents! That would have been crazy-talk.
Maybe my parents started it?

I'm pretty sure that by the 60's they would occasionally call themselves the parents or grandparents of our family cats/dogs.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:18 PM

Young men and women picking their nostrils as they drive. I thought that was an old gram-pa thing.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
-- I've never followed sports that much; but I don't think the girls' teams, even to the extent that they existed, got anywhere near the same news coverage as the boys'.
And the sportscasters were always men. I remember how strange it felt the first time I experienced a female sportscaster.

And the weather was always given by "weather girls".
Old 09-04-2019, 01:58 PM

Personal ads in the local papers.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtoz View Post
Just one data point, but the paperwork when I bought my first house definitely referred to me as "an unmarried man." I remember thinking it seemed like such an odd phrasing. This would have been about 20 years ago as well.
This is still standard on real estate conveyance documents, and has nothing to do with gender stereotypes. Rather, it reflects homestead laws and inheritance; typically, a person who is married inherits the interest of their spouse in jointly owned real estate when that spouse dies - it is an automatic process when they hold the property as husband and wife; no additional transaction is needed (except, for notice purposes, recording the death certificate). Similarly, if a spouse has a potential interest in a property (by virtue of their marital interest), the property can't be sold or mortgaged unless they join. So, references to marital status are explaining whether another person (the spouse) has an interest that needs to be released if the property is being conveyed.

Where this is different, of course, is in the fact that you can now find deeds/mortgages that list two men (or two women) as a married couple. That was not legal in the 70s/80s, and so the workaround was to take title as two unmarried people with rights of survivorship, a legal mechanism that also provides for automatic inheritance of the other's interests when they die.

My contribution:
When I started college in the late 90s, we had an automated telephone service which we used to pick classes, kind of like movie phone ("You've asked to add class BSK101, Underwater Basket Weaving. Please 1 if this is correct, press 2 if not"). We were assured that this was way better than the old system, which required a person to physically get in line to pick classes (I was never sure how this worked. Did each class have a line you could get in, or was there one line for 20,000 underclassmen?).

Now, people pick classes by just going online.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
My contribution:
When I started college in the late 90s, we had an automated telephone service which we used to pick classes, kind of like movie phone ("You've asked to add class BSK101, Underwater Basket Weaving. Please 1 if this is correct, press 2 if not"). We were assured that this was way better than the old system, which required a person to physically get in line to pick classes (I was never sure how this worked. Did each class have a line you could get in, or was there one line for 20,000 underclassmen?).

Now, people pick classes by just going online.
I've done both the telephone service and the physical signup and yes, at Cornell at least, there was a line for each class, which had a separate list for each schedule of that class, and you could only pick from the available ones remaining.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
I've done both the telephone service and the physical signup and yes, at Cornell at least, there was a line for each class, which had a separate list for each schedule of that class, and you could only pick from the available ones remaining.
Yup, that's how registration-by-paper-form worked at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the 1980s, as well. And, the registration lines were in different buildings for different departments, which led to mad dashes back and forth across campus to get different classes.

Wisconsin finally went to the telephone registration when I was in graduate school there in the late '80s, and, yes, comparatively, it was much, MUCH simpler.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
Yeah, that's a good one. I remember when "my new car doesn't have a spare tire" meant that it didn't have a full size spare that you could put on and leave there for as long as you wanted but instead came with a donut. My current car (Civic) is my first car to not come with a spare at all. Just some fix-a-flat, a pump and the phone number for Honda's Roadside assistance.
Yes, many cars companies are doing this and it's a terrible idea. Don't get a blowout while on a roadtrip at night or on a holiday. A minor issue like a tire change turns into waiting for a tow truck, hoping the dealer or tire shop actually has your tire in stock and is open tomorrow, and a hotel bill.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicat View Post
That site can be wildly wrong. Checking locally, besides mislabeling at least two street names, it shows/lists one mailbox about 6 blocks from where it actually is, and doesn't show one mailbox that I use frequently at all. So beware.
Seconded. It shows a mail drop at an Albertson's Supermarket near my house, and that store has been closed for over 10 years.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi 65 View Post
Yup, that's how registration-by-paper-form worked at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the 1980s, as well. And, the registration lines were in different buildings for different departments, which led to mad dashes back and forth across campus to get different classes.

Wisconsin finally went to the telephone registration when I was in graduate school there in the late '80s, and, yes, comparatively, it was much, MUCH simpler.
I was at UCLA 1968 (starting in high school) through 1973, and they went to computerized registration in 1970 or 71. You filled in punch cards and sent them back in. There were glitches in the first quarter, and I remember being in line for hours to make changes/corrections. The good thing was that there was only one line for all classes (because the data was online).

Last edited by carrps; 09-04-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
Was/is abuse actually more common in communal nudity situations?
Dunno, but from (appalling) testimony I've seen about abuse scandals involving behavior stretching back a few decades, it appears that casual acceptance of childhood nudity was often exploited by abusers. If a trusted authority figure routinely saw kids naked in locker rooms and such, being in the same room as a naked child had more plausible deniability. I'm not suggesting that abusers openly went after kids right in the midst of communal-nudity situations, though.

I'm also not saying that kids ought to be ashamed or uptight about nudity, which is not in itself a bad or dirty thing. But increased social prudery about nudery in recent years has probably had the beneficial side effect of helping protect kids somewhat from abusers.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:51 PM

I'll add this to the communal shower discussion: I loathed it. At my high school, we girls lined up nekkid and trudged single-file through a narrow, semi-circular room lined with showers. Get wet as you went through first segment of showers, hit the soap dispenser and lather as you moved through the second segment, rinse by moving through the last segment, exit. A PE teacher stood at the exit and bellowed at us to keep moving. We felt like cattle. In middle school, we'd had individual stalls. MUCH better!

As a teacher, I missed the shower requirement for kids. PE was a required class for frosh, and they'd come to my room pretty stinky. The next class always complained about the eau de BO (with subtle notes of deodorant). I went through a LOT of air freshener. PE teachers said allowing time for showers cut their classes too short.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
Yeah, that's a good one. I remember when "my new car doesn't have a spare tire" meant that it didn't have a full size spare that you could put on and leave there for as long as you wanted but instead came with a donut. My current car (Civic) is my first car to not come with a spare at all. Just some fix-a-flat, a pump and the phone number for Honda's Roadside assistance.
I got a flat in the freeway last night in my 2017 Civic and I freaked out because I remembered this post. But it turned out that there was a non full sized spare in the trunk. What year is your Civic?
Old 09-04-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Xmas View Post
Remember when you could eat whatever you felt like eating and didn't have people commenting on your food choices, which are none of their damn business anyways?
No.

In my 40-odd years on this Earth, I have never experienced a period where people didn't consider your food choices to be their business.

If you were the least bit fat, the least bit skinny, made a special order (be it for allergies, intolerance, or just taste preferences) in a restaurant, went with something vegetarian when there was a meat option, had something unusual...

(Actually making those comments to your face in the case of the weight-related ones seem to have slacked off quite a bit.)
Old 09-04-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamino Neko View Post
In my 40-odd years on this Earth, I have never experienced a period where people didn't consider your food choices to be their business.
And that goes double for the drink choices. Most people nowadays won't actually coax a recovering alcoholic at a cocktail party to have "just a small one" even though he's said he's abstaining. Not to mention the tendency of male guests to insist upon young female guests' alcohol consumption with a degree of persistence that you could probably get arrested for nowadays.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi 65 View Post

I can still hear in my head the odd cadence of the robot’s closing message on the phone class registration (UC Berkeley, ‘92-‘95): “Thank you for calling teleBEARS!”
Old 09-05-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
And that goes double for the drink choices. Most people nowadays won't actually coax a recovering alcoholic at a cocktail party to have "just a small one" even though he's said he's abstaining. Not to mention the tendency of male guests to insist upon young female guests' alcohol consumption with a degree of persistence that you could probably get arrested for nowadays.
Maybe recovering alcoholics, but if you merely say "no thanks", there's still bound to be people insisting and/or people poking their nose where it doesn't belong, whether we're talking about alcohol or any other kind of food-related item. Why should the recovering alcoholic need to tell anybody who doesn't already know, anyway?
Old 09-05-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Why should the recovering alcoholic need to tell anybody who doesn't already know, anyway?
A few weeks ago I went to a bar/restaurant where a guy I used to know was playing guitar and singing. After his final set he came over to our table to chat. I told the waitress I wanted to buy him a drink; he chuckled and said, "oh, you don't know, I'm an alcoholic". I replied, "oh, ok then, I'll buy you two but after that you're on your own".

Luckily, he cracked up laughing.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:44 AM
Voodoo Adult (Slight Return)
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
A few weeks ago I went to a bar/restaurant where a guy I used to know was playing guitar and singing. After his final set he came over to our table to chat. I told the waitress I wanted to buy him a drink; he chuckled and said, "oh, you don't know, I'm an alcoholic". I replied, "oh, ok then, I'll buy you two but after that you're on your own".

I was at a con panel with Mark Sheppard when someone from the audience ran up to the foot of the stage and left 2 beers there, presumably for Mark and the guy interviewing him. Mark thanked him, but explained, "I'm allergic to alcohol. I break out in handcuffs." That got a big laugh, but he did later explain that he was sober and had been for years.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Maybe recovering alcoholics, but if you merely say "no thanks", there's still bound to be people insisting and/or people poking their nose where it doesn't belong, whether we're talking about alcohol or any other kind of food-related item. Why should the recovering alcoholic need to tell anybody who doesn't already know, anyway?
As a recovering alcoholic, the best line I ever got on that subject is from Lora Brody's Entertainment Survival Guide: For any number of reasons, a guest may refuse your offer of a drink of alcohol. The reason doesn't have to be explained to anyone, including you.

I just say "No." If anyone asks, I say "I just said 'no.' I don't have to explain it to anyone. Including you."
Old 09-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

I remember a time when you could interact with children in public and not be considered a potential pervert. And people could give their child a good, well deserved whack in public and not have people call the cops.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:47 AM

A few more things I thought of:

Drinking water! I don't ever remember drinking water as a kid. I drank Kool-Aid, milk and, if I was really lucky, some Shasta or Gold Medal pop. The only water I remember drinking was warm hose water in the summer. And that was only because it was a novel thing to do. Now, people are hauling gallons of water all day long, everywhere they go.

When I was born (1961) the newspaper listed all of the area births. These weren't like birth announcements, they were more like a public record thing. My mom saved mine. It states my dad's name, my DOB and "girl". The mothers' names were never mentioned!

I've noticed that in newspaper stories from the beginning of time up until maybe the 80s (?), women were always identified by their husbands' names such as Mrs. Harold Smith. Like they didn't even have a first name!
Old 09-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Are you kidding? I get 20,000,000 hits for body-shaming, and 15,000,000 for fat-shaming. "Body image" has risen steadily since 1940.

The point is that although popular culture might still value a perfect body, it's less so than in the 1950s and 1960s when people were less shy about being naked in a locker room or communal showers.
It's true. In 1985 I did a Google search for body-shaming and got ZERO results.

Last edited by Larry Borgia; 09-05-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've noticed that in newspaper stories from the beginning of time up until maybe the 80s (?), women were always identified by their husbands' names such as Mrs. Harold Smith. Like they didn't even have a first name!
I had a cookbook of the best recipes from the Women's Group of some man's club. Until 1976, all the "chairmen" of the women's club were listed as "Mrs. John Smith." Staring in 1977, the "chairwomen" of the club were listed as "Mrs. Mary Smith."

Like you said, the men suddenly realized that wives do have their own first names.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Xmas View Post
And people could give their child a good, well deserved whack in public and not have people call the cops.
And sneer while doing it!
Old 09-05-2019, 02:27 PM

I used to really get annoyed when I saw someone pulled the tape out of a cassette and left this bird's-nest of tape by the side of the road, but I kind of miss that now.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:08 PM

Rocky was a beagle who owned the neighborhood. We would meet up with him while out and about and hang out together, occasionally urging, “Go get 'em, Rocky”, which would result in adamant baying. I am not sure who he "belonged to".

I suspect the days of the neighborhood dog are past.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:12 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayT View Post
Side issue: I think "being on your period" vs "having your period" might be regional. I was in Illinois. FairyChatMom, where were you?
Baltimore suburbs. I honestly don't remember exactly how we phrased it back then, but I know we were mostly too embarrassed to mention it.

Side note hijack - my MIL used to hide snacks in empty Kotex boxes to keep her 3 boys from eating them all up. She knew they'd never touch those cootie-laden boxes!
Old 09-05-2019, 03:14 PM

Oh yes. Registering for college classes at the gym. You were given a time slot when you could go in to register. Seniors had priority and frosh were last.

Go from department to department. Wait in the line will cards filled out for desired classes. See what was still available, hand in your class card, add it to your schedule card, get your schedule card stamped.

I also ended up working the department table. I remember one student in particular who asked which level of Stat classes was suitable for her (a non-major). I told her.

She's downstairs now making something in the kitchen.

(It wasn't our first meeting, but it's something that both of us remember clearly.)

You can't have a memorable chat with someone using online course registration.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post

Fun story. Very cool to derail someone's sobriety.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
Er, how many beers do you imagine were actually bought?
Old 09-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
A few more things I thought of:

Drinking water! I don't ever remember drinking water as a kid. I drank Kool-Aid, milk and, if I was really lucky, some Shasta or Gold Medal pop. The only water I remember drinking was warm hose water in the summer. And that was only because it was a novel thing to do. Now, people are hauling gallons of water all day long, everywhere they go.
People hauling water with them everywhere may be recent, but drinking water sure isn't. There used to be drinking fountains everywhere, and they got used. At home, we drank plenty of water out of the faucet or the refrigerator. And restaurants would automatically provide ice water, in addition to anything else you might order.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Side note hijack - my MIL used to hide snacks in empty Kotex boxes to keep her 3 boys from eating them all up. She knew they'd never touch those cootie-laden boxes!
I love it!!
Old 09-05-2019, 08:57 PM

Did anyone mention granny carts yet? Through the 1970s and 1980s, in the neighborhood I grew up in, little old ladies pulling a bag or two of groceries down a sidewalk in two-wheeled wire baskets were a common sight. There were a LOT of older women on my block that didn't drive, too.

Granny carts seemed to be on the decline in the 1990s, but I still saw them a lot in Polish neighborhoods. It was as if it was illegal to pull a granny cart without wearing a babushka kerchief. Today, granny cart sightings are rare. Why? A few guesses -- gender equality behind the wheel; supermarkets are larger and beyond little old lady walking distance; and better paratransit.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKellyMap View Post
I can still hear in my head the odd cadence of the robot’s closing message on the phone class registration (UC Berkeley, ‘92-‘95): “Thank you for calling teleBEARS!”
At the University of Florida (I started in 1996) it was “Thank you for calling teleGator!”

Another one I don’t think we’ve mentioned: photo albums. I was born in ‘78, and my mom had several photo albums covering my first two years. She wrote captions under the pictures. Now, people don’t necessarily need to keep hard copies of pictures, and it’s sort of inconvenient to get a printout of a picture compared to just keeping or sharing it in a digital format.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I used to really get annoyed when I saw someone pulled the tape out of a cassette and left this bird's-nest of tape by the side of the road, but I kind of miss that now.
That may have been me
Old 09-05-2019, 09:51 PM

I haven't called the Moviephone line in a long while.

Nor have I seen anyone with a pack of smokes rolled up in his t-shirt for a time. Haven't seen anyone wearing plain white t-shirts in public either come to think about it.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudlow Boink View Post
People hauling water with them everywhere may be recent, but drinking water sure isn't. There used to be drinking fountains everywhere, and they got used. At home, we drank plenty of water out of the faucet or the refrigerator. And restaurants would automatically provide ice water, in addition to anything else you might order.
Drinking bottled water is recent. When I was younger, the idea of selling bottled water was looked at as a fool's venture, equal to selling snow to Inuits, because everyone had perfectly good drinking water right at home out of the tap. Funny thing, most people still do.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personal View Post
I haven't called the Moviephone line in a long while.

Nor have I seen anyone with a pack of smokes rolled up in his t-shirt for a time. Haven't seen anyone wearing plain white t-shirts in public either come to think about it.
I got tired of everyone wearing ironic sayings or [shudder] concert T's from bands they've never seen.

So I started wearing white T-shirts. No cutesy anything on 'em. Now that I've read this thread, I'll be sure to roll up a pack of something in the sleeve. Don't smoke anymore, but wait, I know, a pack of candy cigarettes!
Old 09-06-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmwood View Post
Did anyone mention granny carts yet? Through the 1970s and 1980s, in the neighborhood I grew up in, little old ladies pulling a bag or two of groceries down a sidewalk in two-wheeled wire baskets were a common sight. There were a LOT of older women on my block that didn't drive, too.

Granny carts seemed to be on the decline in the 1990s, but I still saw them a lot in Polish neighborhoods. It was as if it was illegal to pull a granny cart without wearing a babushka kerchief. Today, granny cart sightings are rare. Why? A few guesses -- gender equality behind the wheel; supermarkets are larger and beyond little old lady walking distance; and better paratransit.
hey now ....they still make something like that and I own one lol since I can't drive ....https://www.amazon.com/s?k=shopping+...b_sb_ss_i_3_15

mine looks like the one for 32.95

Last edited by nightshadea; 09-06-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:

My experience with these things is basically exactly the opposite. I never saw them back in the 80s and 90s, but, while they're still not super common, I still see one most times I'm on the bus.

Might have something to do with living somewhere where there's a functional transit system, and where walking to places is possible.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
I got tired of everyone wearing ironic sayings or [shudder] concert T's from bands they've never seen.

So I started wearing white T-shirts. No cutesy anything on 'em. Now that I've read this thread, I'll be sure to roll up a pack of something in the sleeve. Don't smoke anymore, but wait, I know, a pack of candy cigarettes!
Ah, Christ, I hope you actually do this. Bonus points if anyone notices that they're candy cigs.

Except, please, no yellow armpit stains. You can start a thread here asking us how to prevent/remove them .. or I guess, just ask the googles.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
I ended up buying him, and then later my gf, a milkshake. The bar/restaurant has an area with ice cream, a milkshake mixer, and an espresso setup. No sobriety derailed.
If you're ever in Saltsburg, check out the place.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:49 AM
BANNED

Quote:

They are still going strong in 2019's Krakow.

I help at least one old lady per week with her cart getting on or off the tram here, and when they thank me (in Polski, naturally) and I give them a hearty "Your Welcome!" with a big smile, I get some very surprised reactions.