Old 09-20-2019, 02:26 PM

New PC (and other) game, Overland

Post-apocalyptic survival, turn-based, kind of like X-Com. You make your way through a wasteland US, occasionally meeting survivors (and friendly dogs!) to add to your party. Gasoline is paramount, but also weapons, medical supplies, and trade items. Slow-moving spiky monsters abound.

So far I'm having fun. It's quite difficult and death is frequent, but every replay is quite different. Recommended.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

It's a post-apocalyptic Oregon Trail?
Old 09-21-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
It's a post-apocalyptic Oregon Trail?
Sort of?
Old 09-24-2019, 06:33 AM

Anyone else give this a try? I got a few levels into it over the weekend and I'm still enjoying it.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:28 PM

I read a review that did the learning curve is punishing and the difficulty is unforgiving. It looks very interesting, what's your experience been?

Does it remind me of Fallout 1/2/Tactics?

Last edited by Sicks Ate; 09-24-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Sith Mod

I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sure if its got legs for me. I've made it to the second barricade, and it already feels like the game's shown me everything its got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
I read a review that did the learning curve is punishing and the difficulty is unforgiving. It looks very interesting, what's your experience been?

Does it remind me of Fallout 1/2/Tactics?
Not particularly. There's no real RPG element at all. The maps are very small, and play out more like puzzles than tactical combat. Killing an enemy causes it to summon reenforcements, so a lot of the game is about trying to maneuver around the monsters without fighting them. It feels a lot like Into the Breach, if explaining one obscure indie title by comparing it to a different obscure indie title is any help.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sure if its got legs for me. I've made it to the second barricade, and it already feels like the game's shown me everything its got.

Not particularly. There's no real RPG element at all. The maps are very small, and play out more like puzzles than tactical combat. Killing an enemy causes it to summon reenforcements, so a lot of the game is about trying to maneuver around the monsters without fighting them. It feels a lot like Into the Breach, if explaining one obscure indie title by comparing it to a different obscure indie title is any help.
Ok, so then more like X-Com. Ehhh...not sure if it's for me. I have a backlog already anyway!