Old 10-02-2019, 07:11 PM

The Jackass movies

Any fans of these? I recently watched them all again and was amazed how hilariously entertaining I still found them, aside from the truly gross stuff (I fast forwarded through anything with bodily fluids). Lowest common denominator for sure, but that can still be very funny.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

I had never seen any of these until a few years ago. I watched them back to back over about a week or two and honestly, they were amazingly hilarious.

They need to make a fourth one.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:25 PM

I find them hilarious and at times even artistic, like with using the jet engine to do a parody of the famous Maxwell? Ad.

One of my all time favorites is the two way balance beam in the rodeo with the bull running full steam at them, and having to trust their buddy.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Charter Member

I watched the first one and I didn’t find anything in it funny. It was just stupid people taking stupid risks. That’s not funny to me.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acsenray View Post
I watched the first one and I didn’t find anything in it funny. It was just stupid people taking stupid risks. That’s not funny to me.
It's one of those things. My wife hates it. And I get it - it's incredibly juvenile. But somehow I still can't stop laughing at it.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:30 AM

Love the movies. Love the TV show. There is no substitute. There is no imitation. It's gleefully, willfully stupid.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:45 AM

I saw the first movie on TV and expected to hate it, and ended up laughing my ass off. I didn't know if the sequels were supposed to be any good so I figured I'd quit while I was ahead, and stopped there.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
I saw the first movie on TV and expected to hate it, and ended up laughing my ass off. I didn't know if the sequels were supposed to be any good so I figured I'd quit while I was ahead, and stopped there.
That's how it was for me -- when the first one came out in the theater, my friends dragged me to it, and I thought I'd hate it but I loved it.

The sequels were even better, IMO.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 10-03-2019 at 04:52 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:22 AM

I may be mixing bits of the shows with bits from the movies, I don't recall. Some of it was incredinly stupid, like crapping in a display toilet at a hardware store, while other somes of it were incredibly inventful, thoughtfully devious and thoroughly planned, like the fake beard thing. Sorry I can't describe that scene better, it's been a while. But the dude wearing the fake beard was the ultimate victim, and he never saw it coming.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:31 AM

I watched the first movie. I thought the stunts were pretty funny, but the parts where they just go around and annoy people generally made me uncomfortable.

Last edited by hogarth; 10-03-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogarth View Post
I watched the first movie. I thought the stunts were pretty funny, but the parts where they just go around and annoy people generally made me uncomfortable.
I kind of agree with this -- I usually fast forward for that stuff too. It just makes me feel bad for the bystanders who have to deal with these assholes.

I guess I just like the stunts and pranks they pull on each other, as long as they're not too gross.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:26 AM

I have always loved the one where the guy gets his ass kicked by a girl. I suspect the guy went into the stunt expecting to get punched and kicked by a regular girl, but the look on his face when he found out she was kick boxing champ was fucking priceless!
Old 10-03-2019, 08:43 AM

Yes, the movies are awesome, though I understand they're not for everyone. I suspect the overlap between Jackass fans & 3 Stooges fan is pretty substantial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
I may be mixing bits of the shows with bits from the movies, I don't recall. Some of it was incredinly stupid, like crapping in a display toilet at a hardware store, while other somes of it were incredibly inventful, thoughtfully devious and thoroughly planned, like the fake beard thing. Sorry I can't describe that scene better, it's been a while. But the dude wearing the fake beard was the ultimate victim, and he never saw it coming.
He was the ultimate victim twice, IIRC. Once as part of the skit itself, and again when he found out about the beard.

Last edited by muldoonthief; 10-03-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:18 AM
Charter Jays Fan

I quite enjoyed the first Jackass. The part where Eric "Butterbean" Esch nearly kills Johnny Knoxville is a rather instructive lesson as to the difference between a man who knows how to fight and a man who doesn't.

They're stupid, but sometimes, stupid is fun.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muldoonthief View Post
Yes, the movies are awesome, though I understand they're not for everyone. I suspect the overlap between Jackass fans & 3 Stooges fan is pretty substantial.
It's funny, because I don't find the 3 Stooges very funny -- I think it's the difference between prat falls and real falls (even if they're both scripted).
Old 10-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Johnny Knoxville getting severely beaten by boxer Butterbean then asking "is Butterbean ok" the moment he wakes up just cracks me the hell up a lot more than it should.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:59 PM

I loved them when I was a dumb 20-something. Now that I'm a dumb late-30s-something, I'd probably still love them but I haven't watched them again. I bet I'd cringe a lot more.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:54 PM

While I don’t go out of my way to watch them, when they are on tv I can’t stop watching. I do wonder how they made so many of them without anyone getting killed.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackknifed Juggernaut View Post
While I donít go out of my way to watch them, when they are on tv I canít stop watching. I do wonder how they made so many of them without anyone getting killed.
They stopped at 3 and I think survival was a big factor. Honestly, it was getting more and more ridiculous.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:26 PM

that and theres way to many shows imitating the practical joke/annoy the public part now

hell even cartoon network had one with kids for a while
Old 10-03-2019, 07:35 PM

so did lifetime with betty white ....
Old 10-08-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleJesus View Post
I have always loved the one where the guy gets his ass kicked by a girl. I suspect the guy went into the stunt expecting to get punched and kicked by a regular girl, but the look on his face when he found out she was kick boxing champ was fucking priceless!
Yes! One of my absolute favorite bits they did ever! It is always a toss-up between this and when Bam loads his dad's work van with fireworks. I laugh so hard I cry.