Old 10-07-2019, 05:44 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

What jobs do you hire out in the MMP?

If you've been keeping up on your notes, a coupla weeks ago, I washed windows and cleaned the deck railing at FairyChatEstates, and just this weekend, I cleaned the carpets - well, most of them. Then FCD and I were talking about painting our bedroom and maybe some other rooms. I figure I can attack that post-retirement, probably in the spring when I can open windows again.

It's not that I like doing these things, but I'm well enough that I can still manage them myself, plus, yanno, I'm frugal. (Not cheap - frugal!!!) I still do mowage and snow shoveling. In fact, the only regular chore so far that we've hired out is cleaning the gutters. I won't get on the roof, and I refuse to let FCD do it any longer. It's worth $120 to have someone come in and take care of it for us. And in the spring, I'm going to get someone to pressure wash the 2 sides of the house that have siding, because we don't have a pressure washer, and even if we did, it's a job we don't want to do.

We've long been having someone else maintain our vehicles. I'll refill the washer fluid and replace wiper blades or the occasional light, but I was never interested in changing oil or brakes or, frankly, and of that stuff. FCD used to like to do that in his youth, but about 25-ish years ago, he got bored with it, too.

So, what do you do yourself, and what would you rather pay someone else to do?

Oh, yeah, Happy Moanday!

Old 10-07-2019, 05:46 AM

First! but otherwise, Damn! Just beat me, Mooommm...& I have a much more important topic...

I am very concerned about one of our Mumpers; I fear he is in danger.
"Grave danger?" you inquire.
Is there any other kind? Col. Jessup I respond.

The plan was to meet Ruble yesterday; however I fear he has been kidnapped () as I was not able to properly authenticate him. When he answered the phone, I informed him that my hovercraft is full of eels he neither offered me some matches or asked if I wanted to come back to his place.

Someone call the FBI, or the ATF! Better yet call the ATF; ask them if we're smoking Cohiba's & drinking Scotch what size mortar round we should be firing off. Isn't that what their purpose for being is?

Last edited by Spiderman; 10-07-2019 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:07 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis <snerk> 69! <snerk> Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 89 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Fall is in the air! Well, for these parts anyway. Today's big chore is to clean the ovens over to the church house. It is not necessarily one of my church janitor Junior Warden duties, but they are ick and need cleanin' so I shall. Really shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Sup shall be burgers 'n fixin's and fries, just cause I have a gnawin' and a cravin' for a homemade grilled burger.

As to chores/jobs I hire out, a lot of things. Obviously the remodel of da cave was all hired out. So far, money well spent even though my anxiety level has been at an all time high throughout the whole thing. What's left is the kitchen counters which I hope will be either this week or next week. I also don't do vehicle maintenance. I leave that to the pros. I do mow, clean the place, and do laundry however. I'm not a total sloth!

Spidey Ruble reported on the book of faces that his wife is in the hospital. She had a gall bladder attack. Hopefully she's doin' better now.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, bother, alas, and alack, I must purtify and don appropriate bein' in the public attire. One must look presentable even while cleanin' ovens after all.

Happy Moanday Y'all!
Old 10-07-2019, 07:13 AM

I live in a townhouse so don’t do anything outside. Inside I’ve had the place painted by professionals. The dealership takes care of the car. The barn takes care of the horse.

It’s currently 47 with a predicted high of 67. Saturday is forecast to be a high of 48 and raining. Once again, skipping fall and going straight to winter. Le sigh.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:43 AM

We don't hire out much, we don't do much ourselves either! My shiny new vehicle is maintained by a local garage and anything major like remodelling the Fortress will be farmed out to the professionals. We tinker around with decorating but generally can't be bothered much.

I cook, clean the floors, do laundry and occasionally clear the weeds outside but that's about it. I work full-time and have a busy life so domestic chores get the back-burner unless it's desperately urgent.

In other news, my doting parent got hauled into the horsepickle last week with breathing problems, and they are hopefully letting her out again tomorrow. I will be taking a day off work (scandalous!!) to drive the 80 miles to the horsepickle and then take her home and make sure she's got food and whatnot in the flat. Better than being in the office and having to deal with timetabling lalaland.

Happy Moanday, all!
Old 10-07-2019, 07:56 AM

Happy Moonday!

It's a cloudy 66 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 70.

The pups are off at daycare. My son can sleep all day while I am gone.

I'll start getting ready soon to head down to the armpit. I have to remember some things to take with me. I bought a shirt for my son and it is too small, will probably fit one of the nephews.

What I hire out? Pretty much anything done to the truck. I need to have some painting done, I am still debating that. I won't do the bathroom, the paint in there is blistered and peeling, I think it is better to let a pro handle that. The bead board in the kitchen involved no ladders, so not a problem. As far as the other stuff, I'm debating. I hate ladders. We do all the yard irk, but there are a few trees that need to come down. One I think we can do, but the other two will have to be done by a pro because of the wires running through them.
The problem is getting them done. They are knocking over the fence between my neighbor (S) and her neighbor (P). P and I both want the trees to come down because we have dogs. It won't be a disaster if the fence comes down, our dogs know each other and get along, and they really can't escape, however the trees need to come down. However, neither of us wants to pay for it because the trees are in S's yard and she or her landlord should have to pay. S doesn't care what I do out back, but even if I was willing to pay for it, I don't know if a tree company would do it on my say so. I've thought about seeing if the electric company will do it since wires are involved, but they probably need the home owners permission. It's because of one of the trees on her side that my shed needs a new roof.
This shit with the house and yard next door not being taken care of is getting old. P has talked to S about the trees, S says she'll take care of it but we both know she won't.
The neighbor on the other side of me said he'd cut them down, but he could take forever to do it, and in the meantime the trees are getting bigger and will be harder/more expensive to take down. I wish I had cut them down when I first moved in, but I didn't feel right going over there to do it. At this point it would probably be cheaper to put in a fence between me and S than to cut down the trees.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:09 AM

Anybody wanna come help me pack a big suitcase and/or organize my flat? Starting a new job in the domains of Her Most British Majesty next week (yes, for the next project I'm Brexining), had the painters in last week, now the house looks like a hurricane has gone through but it's got clean walls. Clean walls are nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Someone call the FBI, or the ATF! Better yet call the ATF; ask them if we're smoking Cohiba's & drinking Scotch what size mortar round we should be firing off. Isn't that what their purpose for being is?
One that fixes your spelling? They're Cohibas.

Last edited by Nava; 10-07-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Closing shift tonight. I farm out my oil changes, since modern cars are designed to be serviced without a lift.

Hope The Old Wench feels better today, Ruble.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:18 AM

I used to do pretty much everything. I designed and built a two story addition to my house. Lower level is an entry way and utility room. Had to move the mechanical room for that. I did hire out the concrete pumping and electric (had to move the elec meter, way more than I'm comfortable doing). I rented a tracked excavator and did the excavation for the foundation.

Now though, I will hire things out. I'm not getting any younger (looks like I need a hip replacement), and time is getting harder and harder to come by. It was REAL hard though to put my trust in contractors.

And if I get a hip replacement, I'll need to hire someone to plow for me. Looks like I will be sidelined for about 6 weeks.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:19 AM

Morning all. Raining and 65F, so it looks like my AC will get some time off. Not supposed to be above 70F all day and high for the week is the low 80's. Still not exactly fall, but I'll take it.

Need to do the Oscar Meyer Braunsweiger run this morning, just waiting for all the working folks to get off the road.

I am all thumbs except for the basics (mow the lawn, keep the house reasonable clean), albeit I did re-paint my mailbox last year, any major changes or dealing with plumbing or electricity gets hired out. Car goes to the dealer for servicing.

ruble, don't know when you'll be back, but hope they take care of the gall bladder, probably by yanking it...had mine out 30 years ago.

Nava, say hi to Boris...

boofae, best wishes to the parental unit.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

I hire neighbor kids to weed-eat my fence rows. The horses' hotwire shorts out if there's too much impedance by weeds, and I hate thousands of feet of weed eating. Money well spent. My cars are professionally maintained - I don't have the desire or the skill set, although I change the oil and filters on my diesel tractor. I recently hired someone (who was on FB looking to do odd jobs because she got a traffic ticket she had to pay) to clean out my attic and haul crap to the dump. Definitely money well spent!

StG
Old 10-07-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Nava, say hi to Boris...
Don't think I'll meet him. It wouldn't be polite to get my country in a pickle over my detailed description of that shredded potato's many sins and failings.

Last edited by Nava; 10-07-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:06 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
It was REAL hard though to put my trust in contractors.
That's the way my husband felt when he had his workshop built this past summer. There was nothing about it that we couldn't have done... 12 years and 8 spinal surgeries ago. On the other hand, the Amish crew had the entire 32X40 building dried in with about 2 1/2 days of work. It would have taken us a little longer.

Now we did pull all the wires, install the outlets and cutoff boxes, and run the air lines, but we had an electrician bring the juice to the building, and we hired another crew to install the overhead lights because crawling in the attic would have been bad for both of us.

When we bought this place 15 years ago, we gutted the kitchen, changed the wall between the kitchen and dining room and knocked out the wall between the kitchen and the family room. It took 4 solid months working nights and weekends, and the only thing we hired done was the carpeting. 11 years ago, we put in a full bathroom in the basement. 9 years ago, we added a couple of decks out back. But our construction days are over.

As for things I can still do - supper is built and ready to go in the oven about 3:30-ish. Dishes are being sloshed in the dishwasher. The furnace guys are downstairs doing their thing. It's been a productive morning.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:11 PM

I don't hire much out (aside from work on the car- though I'd like to learn, to do more car stuff, I don't want to enough to put the effort in). For the house, well, I don't own it, so I keep the inside clean, the outside is an SEP. Major work ain't my responsibility, but as none of it has happened since I moved in, well...

Remember to bring a care package Nava unless you're OK living on potatoes and whine, and pop by if you're in the very South West (Ps, Moooom, yes I did live further North- though not a whole lot- until I moved down for this course; been in Cornwall 2 years now).
Old 10-07-2019, 12:37 PM

We hire out some things and others we make a judgement call to either DIY or hire out:
  • Vehicle maintenance/repair - We always pay a shop, and in most cases it is scheduled maintenance or covered under our warranty. I -can- change oil, rotate tires, and in the old days change the brakes but why do that now? It's just not worth the time for me.
  • House cleaning - My wife and I both work on keeping the house reasonably clean but we do hire out to a cleaning company to come in once per month. It has been a life saver.
  • House painting - Depends, we've done a lot ourselves and we've hired out. Last year we renovated our 3rd floor and that space is 1500 square feet with a double stairwell. It was far easier to hire that one out to paint the walls and ceiling and get it done quickly. Likewise, when we did a major renovation to our 2nd floor, we included painters in the scope of work for the bedroom, walk-in closet, master bath and guest bath. When our oldest daughter moved from the nursery to her own bedroom, we painted that ourselves. When my wife decided our daughter didn't like the color, I re-painted that too.
  • Electrical - I have replaced all the outlets and switches in our home. But anything beyond that, we hire an electrician. I don't wanna kill myself touching the wrong wire or burn my house down.
  • Plumbing - Same, we hire a plumber vs. MeanJoe causing thousands of dollars in repairs he created due to having no realistic experience in the area.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:28 PM

I hire out the trades--electrical, plumbing and auto repair. I also paid to get a fence put in around my house--actually, the insurance company paid. I usually do painint myself, but I have high ceilings over a stairwell and couldn't figure out a safe way to get that done. so I paid someone else to risk their lives.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:31 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

MeanJoe - I lioe your sig!!! Gladiator?

We're back from the playground and erranding. As soon as we got there, Roxy decided to fill her diaper, and I discovered that there were only 2 wet wipes in the bag. But I prevailed, and she had fun. We stopped at the Amish market for 'maters, cukes, and green beans. It was a good trip.

About 30 minutes of chillage now till I have to shove supper in the oven.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:39 PM

Mr.Wrekker has just recently started hiring out the most mundane things. He's away alot. Sometimes we(me and Son) get stuck overseeing his hire-outs. Grrr!
Man must hobby.
It has cooled off significantly. I'm planting fall greens.
Happy day, all!
Old 10-07-2019, 03:18 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Mr.Wrekker has just recently started hiring out the most mundane things. He's away alot. Sometimes we(me and Son) get stuck overseeing his hire-outs. Grrr!
Man must hobby.
It has cooled off significantly. I'm planting fall greens.
Happy day, all!
But he shoots snakes on his own.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:31 PM

Howdy, Been crazy busy at irk today.

We have a housekeeper that comes once a week, Hubby has a girl that he pays to file and pull weeds. Most everything else we can take care of. We did recently pay a guy to rescreen the porch that was messed up from the hurricane 2 years ago.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:03 PM

Home from the funeral.

It was fairly short, not like the ones on the Catholic side of the family.
Heard a few war stories. Didn't know my uncle was in the navy in WWII and served on (in?) a submarine.

It was 81 degrees and N.O.S. when I left the armpit. It is a chilly and rainy 62 degrees here.

Glad to be home and will be heading out to get the brats in an hour or so.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:33 PM

*Wanders in and looks around.*

So this is an MMP? Frankly I was expecting something more dreary and boggish.

About the only thing I hire out is tasks requiring specialized tools that I can't justify purchasing. Air Conditioning repairs and the like. I'm a fair hand at carpentry, electrical, and plumbing so household repairs and improvements are on me and the missus.

And I take the car to the shop fore oil changes simply because I don't feel like screwing with it. I changed my own oil enough when I was a poor college kid. I'll still take care of alternators and water pumps on older vehicles, but it's too crowded under the hood on the new stuff.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:11 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projammer View Post
*Wanders in and looks around.*

So this is an MMP? Frankly I was expecting something more dreary and boggish.
Whatever would make you think that? We're a merry band of, um, Mumpers.

Supper was OK. Frankly, I don't see the big deal of dumping tomato sauce over my stuffed cabbage. Maybe if I'd mixed some of it in the beef mixture. But no leftovers, so that's good. Roxy will get the last roll for her lunch tomorrow

The kitchen is tidy, and I'm about to assume the knit position for the evening. Back to the grind tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

Let's see...

I live in an apartment building where exterior maintenance and landscaping is done by the landlord so not my problem. They also do plumbing and other repairs of that sort (although I took it upon myself to repair my door's weatherstripping and that of a neighbor's door, and fix a hole in the screen in my kitchen window as well as a couple screens for a different neighbor - landlord OK with all that).

I check my vehicles monthly for tire pressure, fluids, etc. but repairs I pay someone else to do, along with oil changes.

I also have been using a drop-off service for my routine laundry needs for about 3 years now - it's one of my few luxuries and I can afford to work it into my budget. Typically, when my laundry is being done I'm at the Old Place reducing the Pile O' Stuff left behind by 30 years of marriage - selling off bits and pieces furnished me the money to get my vehicles fixed up and my teeth attended to, so on the whole I think I've come out ahead by farming out the laundry.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:26 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post

Spidey Ruble reported on the book of faces that his wife is in the hospital. She had a gall bladder attack. Hopefully she's doin' better now.
No I didn't and no she didn't. She threw her back out somewhat but is downstairs having some chicken soup. You must have me confused with some other secret crush of yours.

However ----- SPIDEY ----- you made the right call yesterday. I had tons of fun ------- and a slight fever and chills to show for it. And I have to get up and go to work because HR screwed everything up as I expected. But IT WAS/WILL BE WORTH IT!!!!!! We did end up bailing right around 3 after saying goodbye to the park family for the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post

Hope The Old Wench feels better today, Ruble.
Its getting a little better all the time ------- or some others Beatles song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

I am very concerned about one of our Mumpers; I fear he is in danger.
"Grave danger?" you inquire.
Is there any other kind? Col. Jessup I respond.

The plan was to meet Ruble yesterday; however I fear he has been kidnapped () as I was not able to properly authenticate him. When he answered the phone, I informed him that my hovercraft is full of eels he neither offered me some matches or asked if I wanted to come back to his place.

Ever try answering a cheap flip-phone on a moving bumper car (a real one not those modern things that weigh next to nothing) while trying to bash the snot out of some teenager? I'm lucky I didn't automatically go into "Oh what a glorious morning" of some other show tune Swampy would recognize.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:28 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
I don't care how merry we are ------- I'm not putting on those tights again.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
It's a thread about Mondays. Can you blame me for low expectations?
Old 10-07-2019, 05:35 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Had quite the day. Spent almost five hours in the church kitchen cleanin' the ovens, the backsplash thingy on the stove, the stove grates (big heavy iron things so I guess they are grates), cleaned the griddle, and wiped down the outside of the convection oven, stove, and griddle. Oh and mopped the floor cause I made a mess whilst cleanin'. The new, wider, safer, more accessible walkway got poured this mornin' and looks great. Anywho, got all that done, came back to da cave, showered, and made sup which has been et. I think I shall sleep well tonight.

[b]BooFae[b] hope all is well with the doting parent.

[b]enipla/b] hope all goes well with the probable hip replacement. I know several people who have had 'em and while they were down for several weeks afterwards, non have regretted, so there's that.

Projammer I live in a swamp. Is that close enough to boggy for ya?
Old 10-07-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
But he shoots snakes on his own.
Well, duh! He likes shootin' thangs!
He was sincerly surprised about the snakes down the well. And maybe jealous Son-of-a-wrek got to shoot them.
He's due in from his Mexican fishing trip, the end of the week, just in time to ready all his deer hunting paraphernalia and get the camp ready. I will be a camp-widow until early 2020. As per usual.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

Watching (scheduled) Star Wars. @TNT cut away to a baseball game. Who the hell cares about baseball?

I no longer live in L.A., so I don't need to see the Dodgers. Never heard of the Washington Nationals. Totally irrelevant. No way to contact TNT. TNT sucks.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:24 PM

{{{BooFae Mum}}}

I hope the OW is feeling better soonest ruble.

enipla, I'm looking at a hip and knee replacement within the next five years before retirement. Good luck with yours.

To answer the OP, I live in a 560 square foot apartment, so the landlord is responsible for most things. I do hire out carpet cleaning, vehicle maintenance, call the maintenance guy for ceiling light fixture bulb changes (technically, that's my responsibility, but I have no business on a ladder) and a handyman for things like hanging the living room drapes or moving furniture. I also hired movers the last time I moved. Holy crap, instead of taking all weekend to schlepp my belongings with people I roped into helping friends and family with pickups and a U-Haul, they had me out of one place and into another (32 miles apart!) in three hours and set up my bed. I still had to pack/unpack, but it was money well spent.

Autumn has finally come to middle Tennessee. We went from mid and upper nineties to low seventies, 31 days of no measurable rainfall to two days of rain over the course of Saturday through Monday. Yay!

I went to the PCP this morning and will need to go to get a foot x-ray to see what's wrong with my second toe on the left one. This afternoon was the dermatologist. No patches of skin had to be removed. Yay!

This evening, it's chillage in the studio.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:32 PM

Home, leftovers et. Gonna lie down early but more than likely I shan’t go to sleep until after midnight cause my brain hates me.

I am going to the mainland with hubs to see the cardiologist tomorrow. I am not looking forward to that ride. Hubby has no other car except his huge work truck and there’s no way that beast is going to Miami filled with tools. My car is it. There is a 90% chance of rain tonight and 80% tomorrow so that will be doubly fun..Not.

Happy New Week all!
Old 10-07-2019, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

I haven't posted much on SDMB in the last couple of months. Seems it's going through a fallow period for my kind of nonsense, which does happen here every few years. Also I tend to get my social media fill elsewhere more often these days. I'm sure things will return to normal for me soon enough.

No point to this post, just musing.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:24 PM
Charter Member

Well, I headed out to the supermarket. As I was leaving, Mrs. L.A. noticed TNT went back to Star Wars.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
Ever try answering a cheap flip-phone on a moving bumper car (a real one not those modern things that weigh next to nothing) while trying to bash the snot out of some teenager? I'm lucky I didn't automatically go into "Oh what a glorious morning" of some other show tune Swampy would recognize.
So you were trying to make the kid go bouncy-bouncy but just couldn't say those words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuanoLad View Post
No point to this post, just musing.
IOW, a normal MMP post.

Sari, tell Sahson to get a gmail acct/google voice #. He can text via that on a 'puter.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:52 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
I don't care how merry we are ------- I'm not putting on those tights again.
I am not a Merry Man!
Old 10-07-2019, 09:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
Well, I headed out to the supermarket. As I was leaving, Mrs. L.A. noticed TNT went back to Star Wars.
And... It seems that rather than cutting into the movie already in progress, they started from the beginning. They're running almost 40 minutes late now. Mrs. L.A. said enough people probably complained -- though how they complained is beyond me.

I like Star Wars, but I've seen them uncounted times. I could have found something else to watch if I hadn't had to go to the store. But you know what they say... 'Happy wife, happy life.'
Old 10-07-2019, 09:29 PM

Evening all. Shoppage and dinner have been completed, the rain has left the area for now but left behind a 60F evening. Browns are stinking up the joint again, so came in to do internettin'.

ruble, bumper cars were always my favorite, loved to go kamakaze on folks, but only on those who were as berserk as I was (hitting old people just cruising around is not cricket...)

batboy, your always welcome here, you know that...whoever you are...

Butters, safe journey tomorrow.

Projammer, don't be hatin'. Lots of great people posting mundane and pointless stuff that manages to be quite interesting (well, at least to me).

All y'all take care.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
I am not a Merry Man!
Not what I thought it would be, but let's just say that wasn't the original.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:34 PM

Johnny you don't care about the Dodgers? *grabs pearls, flails around for fainting couch*

Grocery shopping and delivery are services that I pay for now.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:43 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Laundry after work.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
So, what do you do yourself, and what would you rather pay someone else to do?

Oh, yeah, Happy Moanday!

As I've gotten older, my enthusiasm for climbing around on, or under things has disappeared. I take the cars to the dealer, have landscape guys for mowing and trimming, call a handyman for everything except lightbulbs, and a boat cleaning company that scrubs and polishes HMS Pullin twice a month.

I still make my own coffee though.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:52 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
I no longer live in L.A., so I don't need to see the Dodgers. Never heard of the Washington Nationals. Totally irrelevant. No way to contact TNT. TNT sucks.
HEY!!!! Don't diss my Nats!!!!

We've got rain - YAY!! It started during the night and it seems to be a slow, almost drizzly rain, but wetness from the sky is good, so yay!

Lots of stuff awaiting me at the office - they missed me!!! So it should be a productive day, and it should go fast.

Happy Tuesday!!
Old 10-08-2019, 05:57 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 66 (where are my woolies!) Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 90 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Looks like everybody is gettin' rain but me. Still so dry! Today I shall spiff da cave bein' as I didn't yestiddy, do laundry, and make sup which shall be my world famous Eyetalian chikin, peas 'n carrots, a broccoli/rice/cheese thing from a box (don't judge!), and rolls. That should be enough to keep me outta trouble for the day.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!
Old 10-08-2019, 06:09 AM

Happy Toosday!

I slept in until 6 this morning.

It's a rainy 54 degrees outside. Supposed to get up to 68 and be cloudy all day.

Since I woke up too early I decided to vacuum the upstairs.

I have a lot to do when I get back from the park, mostly phone calls I didn't get to make yesterday. I hate making phone calls

I need to make some real food today too. Probably bake a ham, with broccoli as a side.

My son's professor is so confusing, but his team got an A on the project. They're just not sure why, because my son hadn't turned in the paper yet.

Hope Mrs. Ruble feels better soon. Same to Boo Fae Mum

Safe travels Butters

Time to get ready to go to the park. Poor Echo can't go. She gets so excited when she hears me pick up the keys.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:58 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 66 (where are my woolies!)
Ask and ye shall receive!!

Yer welcome!
Old 10-08-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
HEY!!!! Don't diss my Nats!!!!
You forgot the "g" at the front. BTW, did you forget, especially in DC, it's kinda anti-immigrant these days, eh? Speaking of which, where's Midget?

Quote:
You're nicer than me, damnit!

Yestidy, I brought a rain jacket; it was sunny. Today I didn't bring it & it was cold. I hates Fall weather.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:46 AM

Spidey, Midget is still on Facebook, but life has been...complex, so maybe she hasn't had a chance to come here. Hope she does.

Sari, sounds like the professor is like a Sherlock Holmes policeman--he hasn't a clue. Unfortunately, some Profs are like that. Sha-son will just have to survive and get his A.

Temperature at 8am was 60F, should stay below 80F today with no rain. Will have to schedule mowage in the next couple of days now that we have gotten rain to refresh the lawn.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 10-08-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:26 AM

I was debating between taking my coat or my hoodie to the park.
Glad I decided on the coat. It was quite chilly, and wet.
We didn't stay long, I was home before 9.

I hope it clears up as it is supposed, so I can sit outside with the brats and let them burn off some energy. I forgot how much work puppies can be.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:37 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

sari - I meant to ask - did you get enough hours for your bonus??

Just finished lunch. Back into the fray. I see a few extra work days ahead - lots to do and not a lot of time to do it. But it's extra $$$ so there's that.