Old 10-10-2019, 05:42 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:44 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Looks like I'll be in the office tomorrow morning. I was going to come in on Moanday, but SIL has to work. Glad he's employed - hope this one lasts.

And it also looks like we're not going to the sailboat show after all. FCD drives me crazy sometimes. I make a suggestion, he says "Yeah, sure." then when the time comes, he changes his mind. You'd think after almost 36 years I'd be used to it... At least I hadn't bought the tickets already.

Happy Thursday, anyway.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Shoot, flytrap, $200 for a vascetomy? I imagine spidey or ruble
would have done it for free!
Not only would we have ensured no Flytwerps but I'm pretty sure the way we would have done it involves no more Flytrap. Win-win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
You don't really have to put on clothes to build the gate. If these guys in my county can help put out a fire, wellllllll… https://www.theblaze.com/news/nudist...ain-a-wildfire
Appropriate newspaper name, too.
I will state there's a reason firemen wear the gear they do; it prevents them from being burned. I would not want to be a nekkid firefighter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
{{{CupCakes}}} like doggio said, we love ya! I can't imagine why the new owners wouldn't want to keep an experienced baker.
Because quality costs moolah?

:ives back into the backlog::
Old 10-10-2019, 08:10 AM

Morning all. Stayed up late to watch the Dodgers lose, then woke at 0630, so nappage is a likely event. Temperature high is supposed to be about 80F today, still a lot nicer than 95F.

FCM, like my Mom used to say about my Dad 'divorce never; murder possibly.'

Doggio, while I grok your naming, I think Butters M&M is better and less...esoteric.

Baker, hope the news in a couple weeks is all good. You have friends here to support you.

shady, you're a good nephew, but auntie needs to stay away from the booze.

Now need to forage for sustenance.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:13 AM

Happy Thorsday!

It was a chilly morning in the 40s, but the sun is shining and it's going to get up to 70 today.
I see some yard irk happening.

As to M&M or Duke, that is a moot point now.

I'm sleepy for some reason today. Fighting to stay awake as I am taking to customers.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:24 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Correction - we are going to the boat show. I'm married to a crazy person...
Old 10-10-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Correction - we are going to the boat show. I'm married to a crazy person...

Well, marriage and commitment do go hand in hand

I cannot stay awake this morning, well now this afternoon.
I don't know if I should try to get something done or just say screw it and go to bed.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:26 PM

Howdy all! Been irking as usual. Just waiting for 1700 to get here. I am tahred. This is a three day weekend coming up. It is my turn to help out on Sat so I may have to irk a half day. The girl did just fine last Sat alone but with the holiday we may be very busy. If I do come in on Sat I will just take a half day sometime during the pay period. Since I don't have a boss anymore I will just do it. Tis weird not having a boss. My old boss is now in Guam. I should email him and see how they are settling in.

Y'all be good.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:36 PM
born to be shunned

Thank God its FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!! At least for me. Suck parsimmins youse 5-day-a-week suckas!

And while its on my brain SWAMPY ALERT SWAMPY ALERT -- did you ever figure out whose wife did get hospitalized? I know its silly but I've actually been worried for her all week.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
And while its on my brain SWAMPY ALERT SWAMPY ALERT -- did you ever figure out whose wife did get hospitalized? I know its silly but I've actually been worried for her all week.
Many years ago, my sister was in the horsepistol; she was unexpectedly released on Firday afternoon.
Uncle, not knowing of her release, stopped to see her on Sat morning & walks into her room. Her bed had been filled with a black woman - clearly not my sister. The far bed was an Indian woman who was sitting up facing the window. Her body shape & hair style was somewhat similar to my sister's from behind. He says, "Guess who!" & she turns around. Realizing it was not my sister, he says, "Aww, you'll never guess" & walks out. To this day that poor woman doesn't know who it was.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:33 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

FCD wanted BBQ, so we went to Smokey Joe's for supper. Roxy invented a new bean dip - she dipped her green beans in mashed potatoes. So, dinner and a show!

I'm about to assume the knit position. I'm going to work tomorrow for at least half a day - things are getting crazy and I'll do what I can to help out. Because I'm nice, dammit!
Old 10-10-2019, 05:55 PM

I hire out a lot of stuff that I probably should do myself. But for safety issues, I refuse to attempt even the smallest electrical job that connects to mains power, I will always hire that out.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:01 PM

{{{baker}}} More than just Mauser and your mama love you.

Irked, came home, et and am getting ready for KP and chillage.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:09 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Many years ago, my sister was in the horsepistol; she was unexpectedly released on Firday afternoon.
Uncle, not knowing of her release, stopped to see her on Sat morning & walks into her room. Her bed had been filled with a black woman - clearly not my sister. The far bed was an Indian woman who was sitting up facing the window. Her body shape & hair style was somewhat similar to my sister's from behind. He says, "Guess who!" & she turns around. Realizing it was not my sister, he says, "Aww, you'll never guess" & walks out. To this day that poor woman doesn't know who it was.
Ages ago a friends mother was in the hospital so I went to visit. I asked for Mrs. Burn's room at the front desk, was given a room number, and went up. Wrong hospital. This Mrs Burns was black (and trust me --- my friend was so white he could have been used as the illustration in the Oxford Unabridged) and so happy to have a visitor that I ended up there a half hour. I forget how I bluffed my way through -- something about seeing the name and remembering her from the neighborhood when I was little -- but it worked. Two hospitals with damn near the same name -- coulda happened to anyone.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:59 PM

You are a good egg Ruble. Baker fret not. It will work out.

Et take in. ‘Twas so-so. Now in bed watching trains. Thanks Metal mouse. Just what I needed another time suck but I am hooked.

My best girl volunteered to cover Sat so I will have a three day weekend thanks Kelly and Jeebus.

Night.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 10-10-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Now in bed watching trains. Thanks Metal mouse. Just what I needed another time suck but I am hooked.
You're welcome. You can find me on the LaPlata site when the Amtrak comes through (supposed to be 9:31am and 7:37pm, but those times...vary). Enjoy the 3-day weekend.

Not much soccer practiced, had two 10U and one 12U show up so cancelled it. Guess when people take a break they really take it seriously. See what the girls practice is like tomorrow.

FCM, kids tend to try things...some of them may become life-long habits (hopefully not that one). And you married FCD for better or worse or dithering...

All y'all take care.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:56 PM
Charter Member

I'm fairly self-sufficient, but I do have lawn guys who come by every other week to keep the yard tidy and me un-fuzzled by benadryl. (Like Eva Gabor in Green Acres, I'm allergic to the green stuff) I did have to hire a plumber about two months ago when my sewer main clogged as my drain snake was nowhere near long enough.

There are limits though - I don't do my own surgery. Years ago, I had a shirt that said "No user serviceable parts inside." I'm recovering from surgery right now, oddly enough. Feeling like I got shanked in the ribs and looking like someone tried to give me a "Cuban Necktie." Owww....
Old 10-11-2019, 05:04 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 60 Amurrkin out (I almost put on long pants to go outside!) and clear with a predicted high of 85 and N.O.S. for the day. Finally actin' Fallish like here. I shall take care of some church janitor Junior Warden chores today and take care of some errands whilst out and about. One of those errands is to go to Wally Jr. to purchase yogurt as I happen to like the store brand and we are out of it as of when I eat the last of it this mornin'. Sup shall be majik intartoobz pizza along with sallit just to make it healthy.

{{{gotti}}} a gentle hug. Hope you're feelin' better post surgery soonest.

Ruble I did indeed figure it out. Sorry about that. I blame it on lack of caffeine when I posted. Anywho, she had gall bladder surgery Moanday and is now home to recoup.

MOOOOOOM I often mix green beans and smashed N.O.T. together as in some of both on the fork as I'm eatin'. However, I may use Roxstar's method next time.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, bother, alas, alack, I must purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public attire. I have to decide between jeans or shorts. One of life's more difficult choices.

Happy Firday Y'all!
Old 10-11-2019, 05:23 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

In the office half an hour earlier than usual. We'll see how much I can accomplish before noon. I'm pretty sure I'll leave then at the latest.

Once home, I need to run everything I've knitted thru a rinse in the washer to remove critter hair, then fluff it all in the dryer. I'll bag it and stick it in the trunk for tomorrow.

Meanwhile, labors beckon. Happy Firday!!!
Old 10-11-2019, 05:36 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Hockey after work

ouch! Feel better, gotti!
Old 10-11-2019, 08:32 AM

Happy Firday!

Got the brats off to daycare. I wanted to drop them off on the way to the armpit, but somebody makes it impossible to get ready in the morning.

Somebody likes to tug on my pants legs while I'm trying to pull them on, somebody likes to run off with one shoe while I'm putting the other one on, somebody wants to chew on the cat while I am brushing my teeth.

I found out that there is a dog at the park named Echo, and from what I heard she is not very nice and can get a bit aggressive with other dogs. I hope nobody will think my Echo is that Echo.

We cut down one tree yesterday. I wanted to get the other ones down but there are wires running through them. We trimmed them the best we could so we could better see what we are dealing with.
My son also went crazy on the rose of sharon.
Now I have a huge pile of stuff that needs to go to the dump.
One day next week.

So I'm off to the armpit today for a doctor appointment. I want my son to go, his grandmother wants to see him. I told him the kids will be at school so it won't be so chaotic, but he still won't go.
So, I'm leaving a list of things for him to do.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:44 AM

Good to see you about the MMP, gotti; hope your recovery remains smooth and (generally) painless.

Sari, I think most of the 'regulars' at the dog park will figure out which Echo is which simply be observation (and knowing you).

Need to fix some BLT's here shortly. All y'all take care.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 10-11-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:10 AM

Made it to Firday. I so need the long weekend. No plans except sloth and some laundry. Never without laundry.

Happy Weekend All!
Old 10-11-2019, 10:23 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Well, looks like I'll be in here on Sunday to deal with some crises. OK, not exactly crises, but some equipment rack drawings that all of a sudden are hot hot hot. If SIL didn't have to work on Moanday, I could put it off till then, but he does so I can't.

Luckily, he doesn't have to work till later today - I'll stay here a bit longer than I'd planned to knock out the drawing for Josh. Because I'm nice, dammit.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:33 AM

Mooommm, do you have duct tape at home? It's a wunnerful babysitter if you want to stay later & SiL has to go to irk. Tape the Roxstar to a wall so she can't get into any trouble.

You're welcome!
Old 10-11-2019, 12:28 PM

Like FairyChatMom, my wife and I are frugal. We used to do everything ourselves, but then we retired and experienced a few health problems. I still teach some two-day classes for professional certification and it pays fairly well. Anyway, it didn't take too long to figure out that I could teach for two days and make enough money to pay other people to clean the house, care for the yard, clean the gutters, wash the cars, walk our dogs, paint anything we needed painted, change the oil in the cars, wash the cars, and so forth and so on.

She cooks now. I wash the dishes and change the bed. And that's about it.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:36 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:

Ruble I did indeed figure it out. Sorry about that. I blame it on lack of caffeine when I posted. Anywho, she had gall bladder surgery Moanday and is now home to recoup.
Prayers of joy and hopes that she is back to eating bacon sandwiches soon (don't ask -- involves a neighbor) will ascend.

A funny thing happened to me on my way to enjoying my first Saturday of the week; it seems I did have a reaction to the MMR shot I got a couple weeks back. Nothing serious but at least a week of Claritan and Benedryl is in my future. Just a long line of examples of "my bloodline doesn't do chemistry well".
Old 10-11-2019, 01:34 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Home from work - I did 7 hours on my day off, and I anticipate at least 8 on Sunday. Busy, busy...

And I finally made an appointment with our finances guy on Nov 1 to discuss my impending re-retirement and our annuities and my current 401k. So far, it doesn't look like we'll have to move into a refrigerator box.

Zonex - your post reminded me of one of my mom's oldest friends. While she was still working (part time) whenever the family had an extra expense or a vacation coming up, she'd say "Looks like I'll have to do X hours of overtime this week!" She's a character, tho (sadly) dementia is starting to set in.

Time to toss all the knitting into the washer. Off I go!!
Old 10-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom
Time to toss all the knitting into the washer.
And then people are all "OMG! You can't put that in the washing machine!" And you're like "Watch me!"
Old 10-11-2019, 06:02 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The magic of acrylic yarn!

I made a shawl once and didn't realize some of the yarn I'd used was wool. It was particularly gruesome when it came out of the dryer.

I'll be delivering 2 lap robes/child afghans, 2 shawls, 4 scarves, and a grocery bag jammed full of hats. And I've got enough yarn to keep me busy a bit longer. Apparently, I used up their entire stash of donated yarn.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:16 PM

Made it home from the armpit, in one piece no less.

There are some crazy drivers out there.
One woman, who I swore that if she hit me, I was going to drag her out of her car and beat the snot out of her. We were on the beltway, traffic was stop and go and she was on her phone, not only talking on it, but holding it up in front of her face and using both hands to dial it. She almost ran into me several times.

Sometimes I miss driving an old clunker, everybody gives them a lot of room.

I hope you are right MetalMouse, but I know how rumors go around the park, especially when there are several dogs with the same name. Whoever would have thought that there'd be another Echo?
Old 10-11-2019, 06:38 PM

May your recovery go quickly and as painlessly as possibly gotti!

Four days off! W00t!

The first thing on the agenda tomorrow is sleeping in. Now that it's actually beginning to cool down, I may put in the mums too. I do need to re-hang Nelson's leash hook (this time with a molly bolt ) and wash the glass on the storm door. There's a potluck with the heathens at lunch Sunday (I'm doing a ratatouille quiche) and Sis will be here Sunday evening. We plan to play tourist one day while she's here. She's currently planning on bringing Nelson's father with her, so I may make collars for each of them with a bolt on both sides and take pics of Frankie Stein and son of Frankie Stein.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:08 PM

In keeping with the topic of the MMP, I found a company will come and haul away the yard waste. I'll give them a call and see what they will charge me. It may be worth it., because I'm thinking it will probably be 5-6 truckloads if I use my truck.
They'll take the love seat too.

There is a Halloween costume contest for dogs on the 26th.
I'll probably go even if I don't dress them up. I thought they might be cute dressed up as California Raisins. However, I am not that creative of a seamstress or good at making crafts, so we'll probably just go watch.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:03 PM

Evening all. One two players at tonight's practice, I hope attendance is better tomorrow at the games. went to Subway because I couldn't think of anyplace else and it wasn't bad. Need to work up my lineups for tomorrow's games, but the early one got cancelled so I don't have to be at the fields until 10:30am.

All y'all take care.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:46 PM

DH needed me to stay home with him today, since he was having a couple of side effect problems from vaccines yesterday and was a bit wobblier than he felt was safe if he was home by himself. He's doing better now.

Specialist handling his diabetes management added a new med, so I got to haul over to the pharmacy and collect that, arriving at a very busy time of a Friday evening, so long wait. At least my phone's acquainted with their WiFi network.

Got an unsettling postcard from the county court's juror office. Seems I was supposed to have reported for jury duty on 9/23/19. News to me, since I did not get the notice of same. I've dropped them an email via website, gotta remember to follow up on that Tuesday by phone.

As usual, I have got to get more sleep. Planning a light dose of OTC sleep aid (half a tablet is normally quite enough for me, and more would be excessive).

I have been making use of grocery delivery lately. InstaCart has quite reasonable fees, and WalMart is doing free delivery this month with promo code. Under current conditions, that's making life a bit less inconvenient.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:49 AM

Up, sheveled, off to training then to a condolence call, then for some peeping (leaves, not Toms), then back the other direction for a par-tay this evening. approaching 300 miles of driving between all of it, too.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:07 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and cafeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 62 Amurrkin out and clear (as opposed to murky?) with a predicted high of 89 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. I feel really refreshed this mornin'. I pulled an all nighter. Didn't wake up and have to go pee. Just so the smartasses amongst us know, no, I did not pee in my sleep either. No big plans for the day. For sure we shall not venture out as this weekend is the local college's homecomin'. The most we might do is venture down the road to the local bar for N.O.L. That has become a semi-regular Sattidy thing.

I do have a sad this mornin'. Mr. Jim, my ninety-seven year old friend who schooled me at Scrabble on a regular basis, died yesterday afternoon. He had been in declinin' health for the past year due to age so this is not a surprise. Still sad though. I loved his stories about WW2. A few years back I kinda hounded the editor of the local newspaper to do an article on him and his WW2 experiences. His stories and the stories of several other local WW2 veterans were done as a part of a series in the paper. I foresee a very large and in charge memorial service happenin' probably Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day. Rah.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:48 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Canes won again last night, angering The 200 hockey Men. More hockey and tailgating after work.

{{{{swampy}}}}
Old 10-12-2019, 07:21 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Yanno, swampy, that's the sucky part about being in retirement - the permanent retirement of friends and family. You seem to be dealing with a lot of that lately.

I wish I'd had your luck sleeping. I've been up since 2:30 in the stoopit AM. I've breakfasted, tended to the critters, and started the laundry. FCD is getting his toofies cleaned despite some insurance stoopitidy. When they look him up, it says he's uninsured, but when they pull up my birthdate, he shows up on my policy, which is how it is. I even went to the website to make sure nothing hinky happened. And, naturally, the insurance office is close today, but the nice lady at the dentist's office will call them Moanday to straighten it out.

I need to print out the boat show tickets - I'll get that when I hang out the first load. And I need to clean the critter fountain - it's not a hard task, but it's messy. I'll get it done before we leave.

Oh, yeah, and my Nats beat the Cards. Go team!!!

Happy Saturday!
Old 10-12-2019, 07:29 AM

Happy Saturday!

It's a cloudy 52 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 70 today.

We're home early because the dog park is closed today. It would have been nice for them to have put a sign up. Today is some kind of big flea market and a hoe down, or so I heard.
Ripple flipped out when I drove past the parking lot, but he'll get over it. Echo will wear him out anyway.
They are fighting over the same cow's hoof again, even though there is another one right there. I bought another bag of them, so I'll leave three out for them.
and of course they are fighting over the third one
Okay four it is, now they each have a new one and peace reigns once again.

I have lots I need to do, although I don't feel like doing any of it right now.

{{{Swampy}}}
Old 10-12-2019, 08:03 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

First load on the line, second in the washer. Tickets are printed. So far, so good.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:15 AM
born to be shunned

{{{{{SWAMPY}}}}} -- prayers will ascend.

The meds are starting to help and today we're visiting a haunt. But a lot of chores to knock out first so ..........
Old 10-12-2019, 09:08 AM

{{{swampy}}} I'm sorry to hear about Mr. Jim. He sounds like someone I would have liked to have known.

sari, chances are, the little boogers will continue to fight over the same hoof no matter how many are out there. Dogs are weird.

Last night and again this morning, when I've taken Nelson out to do his business, he's decided that, since he can't roll the neighbor dog's bowling ball, he should just pee on it. Now I'm having to remind him not to be an asshole.

Up, caffeinating, breakfasting, puppy crate cleaned and a load of towels in the wash. After KP and purtification, I'll go get some groceries and run errands.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:47 AM

Awake but nothing else so far. I need to go to the grocery store. I don’t even know what I would get yet. It’s so hard to figure out what to cook these days. I am thinking maybe some beef stew, sort of a one pot meal.

Blurf.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:14 PM

We are a quiet bunch today.

I had enough stress for the day. Echo found a hole in the fence and got out.
My son got one of the rocks from under one of the trees and used it to block the hole.

After being cloudy all day the sun is coming out.

Mostly all I've gotten done today is irking and sorting through a big pile of papers.
A little yard irk, but the mosquitoes are bad again. The spray didn't irk for six months. I kind of figured it wouldn't. Even if it kills all the ones in the area, that doesn't stop new ones from flying in.

Anyway, I am slowly getting stuff done. I don't feel like rushing to get anything done today.
I do need to irk on taxes, they are due in a few days.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:36 PM

Afternoon all. Had to cancel one game as the other team didn't have enough players and I barely had enough to play both the girl's and boys games, but home safely and didn't have to referee today.

Temperature was 47F and overcast with dark clouds at 8am, but by 1pm it was 65F and N.O.S. here.

Sari, presumably Echo is now re-fenced in.

{{{Swampy}}}, it's one of the bad things on growing old is the others preceeding you.

Thinking about have Sunday Dinner out on Saturday night. All y'all take care.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:15 PM

you know ever do something everyone's been telling you to do forever and when you finally do it and it pisses off everyone who gave you that advice?

the ongoing drama with my cousin is that thing ....Now all of a sudden Everyones backtracking on what they've been telling me for a literal decade (or more) I'm just shaking my head .....

Then the perfect child nephew (he's 9) caught a cold all last week and now I've caught it and everyone's acting like I have the plague .....and why didn't I tell them ect... Well until the medicine ran out I was handling it myself self and did you remember said nephew coughing his head off all last week? and said nephew has been here all weekend.... I swear I got payback yesterday from going to a grocery store as a 9 year old ....he ran us ragged but the good news is no one argued with what i put in the cart for once .........

There off feeding his dogs and going to target so i get peace for a bit ...... neighbors are having a bday party which is great since they always hand me a place of food over the fence ..this being a kids bday party i expect burgers dogs and cake ..... ive offered ot clean up for the snacks .. they just chuckle such is my weekend so far .....
Old 10-12-2019, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Been a peaceful day here at da cave. We did go to the bar down the road for N.O.L. We've become kinda Sattidy regulars for N.O.L. Other than that, nuttin' much has happened. Well, we did get the rug put down in the dinin' room and move the table back in there. I suppose one should just not leave one's dinin' room table out in the garage indefinitely.

Thanks for the condolences. Mr. Jim's funeral will be Wednesday at 2:00 P.M. over to the church house. Visitation will be Tuesday evenin' at the funeral home. Family will be fed in the Parish hall before the service. I'll either be an usher or serve Chalice. Guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.

sari Echo and Ripple both KNOW that whatever thing the other one has is the better thing that must be had.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:44 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Back home. The boat show was, um, interesting. The area was flooded! The show is held at the City Dock, and much of that area was under up to a foot of water. I just found out that they closed the show early today because of the flooding. And because so much of the area was under water, the crowds were even more crowded in the few passable areas. We walked around for maybe an hour anna half.

It's just not the same when you don't own a boat...

Anyway, I've brought in the laundry, and I just tossed a load of unders into the washer. I still need to put clean sheets on the bed, then fold the unders when they're dry. I think I'll sleep with Mel tonight.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I pulled an all nighter. Didn't wake up and have to go pee. Just so the smartasses amongst us know, no, I did not pee in my sleep either.
You didn't wake up & you didn't pee the bed; you fell asleep on the sofa, dinja?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Back home. The boat show was, um, interesting. The area was flooded! The show is held at the City Dock, and much of that area was under up to a foot of water.
So you went to the in-water boat show?