Old 10-07-2019, 08:02 AM

The Flash Season 6

The Flash returns for its sixth season on Tuesday at 8 ET. Hopefully this season will come out better than the last one, and they won't just keep letting the Big Bad go because of reasons. Word of God is that the season will be split into two halves (Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis?) each with their own Big Bad. Given the tag from last season, where the future newspaper ("Flash Missing - Vanishes in Crisis") in the Time Vault changed its date from 2024 to 2019, I expect the first half of the season to focus heavily on the coming Crisis. (See also Tom Cavanaugh's role below.)

Cast changes: No changes to the main cast. Tom Cavanagh will be playing a new version of Harrison Wells as well as Pariah. Sendhil Ramamurthy will have a recurring role as Ramsey Russo/Bloodwork, the Big Bad of the first half of season. Keynan Lonsdale will be coming back as Wally West/Kid Flash, at least for a few episodes.

Comic-Con 2019 Sizzle: https://youtu.be/1RCKWBaiUS0
Hit the Ground Running Trailer: https://youtu.be/YUihWQbLtK4
Love is Power Trailer: https://youtu.be/vFN10szZfnY

S06E01: Into the Void

SEASON PREMIERE - While Barry and Iris deal with the heartbreaking loss of their daughter, Nora, the team faces their greatest threat yet - one that threatens to destroy all of Central City. Meanwhile, Killer Frost has a brush with death that results in an unexpected new dynamic that will change her relationship with Caitlin forever.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus Est View Post
Hopefully this season will come out better than the last one, and they won't just keep letting the Big Bad go because of reasons. Word of God is that the season will be split into two halves (Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis?) each with their own Big Bad.
Good. I've said multiple times they need to adopt the "pod" model that Agents of SHIELD used. 20+ episodes is just too much for one big bad.

Quote:
Cast changes: No changes to the main cast.
So is Cisco still around? I thought he was leaving.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enalzi View Post
So is Cisco still around? I thought he was leaving.
Cisco is not only still around but also, going by the trailers, bringing his girlfriend with him into the Cortex.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus Est View Post
Cisco is not only still around but also, going by the trailers, bringing his girlfriend with him into the Cortex.
For some reason that sounds dirty.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
For some reason that sounds dirty.
*insert Vibe joke here*
Old 10-08-2019, 08:00 PM
Charter Member

Woot, Queen music - the best thing about that movie (except possibly Brian Blessed)

Brian
Old 10-08-2019, 08:59 PM

Cisco's best pop culture reference ever. Beats his Dreamscape reference from season 1 or 2.

Sent from my hand-held telephonic communication device using Tapatalk

Last edited by Yodalicious; 10-08-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:55 PM

DIIIIVE!!!

I thought the beginning was pretty low-key, what with them mourning the loss of Nora, but things ramped up really, really quickly. Barry has traded saving the city from an apocalyptic vortex at the end of the season to saving it at the start of the season. Plus the Monitor showed up to warn? inform? Barry of what's going to happen in the coming Crisis. But why didn't he show up on Earth-38 to warn Kara? And no mention of the deal Oliver made.

Some nice little touches: Joe and Iris wearing similar hats at the backyard barbecue. Ralph spending the summer looking for Sue. Ralph's interactions with Caitlin and Killer Frost. Killer Frost's new suit.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:11 AM

S06E02: A Flash of Lightning

JOHN WESLEY SHIPP TO GUEST STAR - Faced with the news of his impending death, Barry's resiliency suffers as he struggles to fight fate. Meanwhile, Cecile's career as a D.A. conflicts with her identity when she crosses paths with a villainous meta-human.

A Flash of Lightning promo: https://youtu.be/YJenf7dgVJg
Old 10-16-2019, 01:09 AM

I'm getting the feeling that this show is spinning its wheels until the Crisis happens. Especially as all the Crisis-related stuff seems to be happening over in Arrow. The Monitor did show up last week, but only to warn Barry about the Crisis. He then disappears to apparently do stuff with Oliver. [LaMonica Garrett was listed in the credits last week, not as a guest star but as part of the main cast. He wasn't included this week, but was credited on Arrow, again as a main cast member of that show.]

After Barry finds out about the fate of the multiverse, and his own fate, I was afraid we were going to get angsty Allen again. But then CAPTAIN Joe West shows up to give him a pep talk and makes everything better again. But Barry was pretty much out of it for most of the episode. Fortunately the B- and C-plots were a lot more interesting than usual. Great to see Team Flash having lives that don't necessarily revolve around S.T.A.R. Labs and being in Team Flash. Also great to see Iris slowly assembling her own team of journalists. Maybe after the Crisis and the Earths merge she can hire Kara.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:48 PM
Charter Member

Re: Crisis (potential spoiler for those who know only the TV series)
SPOILER:
While I know that it was the result of Crisis on Infinite Earths in comic form, is it confirmed they are merging Earths?
Old 10-20-2019, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Re: Crisis (potential spoiler for those who know only the TV series)
[removed spoiler since they get revealed in quote boxes]
You make a good point. I just assumed things would play out similarly to the comics, but maybe the TV version will be different. I've actually made a separate thread for the crossover. Maybe we could continue discussion there: Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Old Today, 07:11 AM

S06E03: Dead Man Running

GET READY FOR A KILLER PARTY - Knowing that Crisis is only weeks away, Barry prepares a member of Team Flash for life without him while hunting a terrifying meta-human with an unquenchable thirst. Meanwhile, Ralph uncovers a family secret.

Dead Man Running promo: https://youtu.be/XAuCelzIkog

Last edited by Terminus Est; Today at 07:12 AM. Reason: formatting
Old Today, 10:11 AM

Lot of different threads being teased in these first couple episodes. So far we've got:
-The Crisis
-Evil? Mohinder
-Weird Godspeed bots/clones/zombies from the future
-Secret meta capturing organization