Old 10-09-2019, 08:55 AM

Does anybody post on GameFAQs or GameSpot?

They're run by the same company, and while they're not quite the same forums, they may as well be.

The GameFAQs forums are full of people that seem to be missing a lot of their brain power. It's a chore getting through the most relevant responses. I've been posting on the Resident Evil forums, and been getting entertained by silly fanboys, blatantly defending a (now) lame franchise, with terrible grammatical flaws.

Also, you cannot edit your own posts until you've earned 25 karma, according to what I read after I investigated as to why I couldn't update my own comments. What the heck? So if you make a typo, or want to add something in later on that you forgot the first time, you cannot do it, until you have enough "karma" to do so. Like, since when was it a popularity contest? And some folk could have sticky keys, or be suffering from dyslexia, and stuff.

Groan.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:28 AM

I actually went on GameFAQs recently for a game I was playing and noticed they didn't even have a guide for the game (XCOM 2). First time I've ever seen that.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:25 AM

What game was that?

You can just watch YouTube videos, if you know the exact part of the game you're stuck at.

Forums for video games are always populated by tossers. I've had some great conversations in the past with some people, but most of the users on sites such as NeoGAF, Reddit, IGN, GameFAQs and all that, are just imbeciles.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
What game was that?

You can just watch YouTube videos, if you know the exact part of the game you're stuck at.

Forums for video games are always populated by tossers. I've had some great conversations in the past with some people, but most of the users on sites such as NeoGAF, Reddit, IGN, GameFAQs and all that, are just imbeciles.
XCOM 2.

I wasn't necessarily stuck at any one part, I was more trying to understand/read up on some strategies for the different classes/characters and whatnot because I was constantly losing.

I eventually just Trial-and-error'd it myself.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:50 AM

Plus, you cannot delete or close your account, without having to contact them first. Meh!
Old 10-10-2019, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
XCOM 2.

I wasn't necessarily stuck at any one part, I was more trying to understand/read up on some strategies for the different classes/characters and whatnot because I was constantly losing.

I eventually just Trial-and-error'd it myself.
XCOM 2 doesn't have a guide? Whaaaat?

I haven't posted on videogame forums since the original World of Warcraft was in development, because I'm a damn geezer is why. Also, those forums are overwhelmingly awful.

Last edited by Left Hand of Dorkness; 10-10-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:55 PM

Yeah, I know. I get told off on other forums if I say bad things about Capcom. While I did respect and support Capcom in the past, they transformed into money grabbers.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:30 PM

If I'm confused by a particular game mechanic, gamefaq/spot is always there to confuse me further. And enrage me from the poor writing and magical leaps in logic these 14 yr olds produce.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:12 PM

While I cannot speak for other video game franchises, Resident Evil has always had a fair number of ratty fanboys, that get bent out of shape if you speak ill of Capcom. Like this dude on GameFAQs. I go by the name, Justin4Al. Some arsehole said my thread was a "fail topic" because I pointed out that Naughty Dog were on a roll, and Capcom lost their edge.

I respect what Capcom did in the past, but all they do is milk every series they have, screw over former employees that got them where they are, and copy other trends. That's pretty much all they do.

Recently, they announced an absolute turd of a spin off, and all they do now is remake the classic titles because it's a fast way to make that easy money. I'd say Capcom has a lot in common with Hollywood, who also resort to rebooting everything. But after all, companies don't care about what their loyal fans think, as long as they are profiting off of this crap.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...8065848?page=1