Old 06-10-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
So you didn't read the title of my OP either.
Apologies. I just want to make it clear that Shodan is NOT a habitual wife-beater. Probably. It's difficult to be sure. Unproven, really.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:35 PM

I think we need to see his birth certificate proving he was really born in Hawaii.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:37 PM
Charter Member

Now, was that so hard?

Regards,
Shodan
Old 06-10-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Now, was that so hard?

Regards,

Shodan
It probably sucks to be caught for trolling, but that's what happens when you make it so obvious outside the Pit. Hopefully you'll learn from this mistake and go forth and troll no more!
Old 06-10-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillFarnaby View Post
I agree that Zimmerman should be held responsible for Martinís death because he stalked and killed an unarmed individual who was not committing aggression against person or property.

Maybe you could read the Wikipedia page on the tragedy, complete with cites to the witnesses and court case, which shows you are wrong.

Nobody did in the dedicated SMDB thread, so I'll be surprised if you do.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:27 PM

I heard Shodan makes his wife check for Ilhan Omar in the closet before he can go to sleep at night.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Stickler View Post
I heard Shodan makes his wife check for Ilhan Omar in the closet before he can go to sleep at night.
And under the bed for AOC.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Apologies. I just want to make it clear that Shodan is NOT a habitual wife-beater. Probably. It's difficult to be sure. Unproven, really.
Also, Shodan is most definitely NOT someone who indulges in romantic urges toward sheep. Nor goats*. And if someone were to say otherwise, I will...I will...I will start a thread in Great Debates! See if I don't! **

*I make no such statements about any other other barnyard animal.

** I won't.

Last edited by raventhief; 06-10-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Stickler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post
And under the bed for AOC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post
Also, Shodan is most definitely NOT someone who indulges in romantic urges toward sheep. Nor goats*. And if someone were to say otherwise, I will...I will...I will start a thread in Great Debates! See if I don't! **

*I make no such statements about any other other barnyard animal.

** I won't.
I disagree with Shodan on a lot of things, but I'm curious on why you guys do this? Is there some sort of enjoyment you get denigrating an anonymous poster on a message board? It's not enough to simply disagree with his POV?
Old 06-10-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
I disagree with Shodan on a lot of things, but I'm curious on why you guys do this? Is there some sort of enjoyment you get denigrating an anonymous poster on a message board? It's not enough to simply disagree with his POV?
Perhaps for the same reason that he created a thread called " Ilhan Omar is NOT Married to Her Brother" - except ours was done in the appropriate forum.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Perhaps for the same reason that he created a thread called " Ilhan Omar is NOT Married to Her Brother" - except ours was done in the appropriate forum.
And what reason would that be?
Old 06-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
And what reason would that be?
To make a bit of a point, really. He wanted to call attention to the rumor that she married her brother, by ostensibly denying said rumor. I wanted to call attention to the rumor* that he had sex with farm animals, but also deny it, because spreading those rumors would be very. very wrong.

*I read the rumor in this VERY THREAD, so it is definitely a real rumor. Definitely.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
To make a bit of a point, really. He wanted to call attention to the rumor that she married her brother, by ostensibly denying said rumor. I wanted to call attention to the rumor* that he had sex with farm animals, but also deny it, because spreading those rumors would be very. very wrong.
Sure, but his point was moronic and not supported by anything. Is your point the same? You want to be associated with points that are moronic and not supported by anything?
Old 06-10-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Sure, but his point was moronic and not supported by anything. Is your point the same? You want to be associated with points that are moronic and not supported by anything?
It’s called mocking and if anyone deserves to being mocked, it’s that racist piece of shit.

At least he isn’t fucking cows. Sheep? Who knows?
Old 06-11-2019, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Mocking ridiculous posts is fun. If someone makes a ridiculous post spreading a bullshit and slanderous conspiracy theory, they might get mocked. No big deal.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoBayer View Post
Itís called mocking and if anyone deserves to being mocked, itís that racist piece of shit.

At least he isnít fucking cows. Sheep? Who knows?
Definitely not pigs. You have to be a member of the Bullingdon Club for that.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:40 AM

Two cunts and George Zimmerman.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I took the high road once. Almost died of loneliness.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
When the poster is a smug and pretentious asshole without a trace of self-awareness, it's the right thing to do.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wiggler View Post
When the poster is a smug and pretentious asshole without a trace of self-awareness, it's the right thing to do.
To be fair, that description covers a significant percentage of this messageboard at least some of the time, myself included.

The problem isn't "disagreement with a POV". It's disagreement with a fundamentally dishonest approach. Someone who constantly argues in bad faith, refuses to constructively engage and/or actively trolls ought to be called out on it.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
I took the high road once. Almost died of loneliness.
Trying moving to Colorado, you'll have plenty of company. I am of course talking about the high road to Mount Evans.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
So you didn't read the title of my OP either.

Regards,
Shodan
It feels like you've really gone around a bend but maybe with the slower traffic nowadays behavior like this just stands out more. Tell me, 19 years ago when you joined up here, did you ever think you would be repeating unsubstantiated incest rumours just to piss off the libtards?

Last edited by CarnalK; 06-11-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps49sd View Post
Maybe you could read the Wikipedia page on the tragedy, complete with cites to the witnesses and court case, which shows you are wrong.

Nobody did in the dedicated SMDB thread, so I'll be surprised if you do.
Perhaps you can summarize the evidence which say Iím wrong. Was Martin committing crimes against person or property while he was being pursued by an armed Zimmerman? If not I find it hard to excuse Zimmermanís conduct.

Havenít got into the case for some time. I watched Zimmermanís walkthrough of the crime scene at one point and from his perspective he had no legitimate reason to pursue Martin.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Was Martin committing crimes against person or property while he was being pursued by an armed Zimmerman?
No, Martin wasn't committing any crimes while Zimmerman was pursuing him. That came later.
Quote:
Perhaps you can summarize the evidence which say Iím wrong.
OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillFarnaby
I agree that Zimmerman should be held responsible for Martinís death because he stalked and killed an unarmed individual who was not committing aggression against person or property.
A summary of the evidence that Martin was committing aggression against Zimmerman would include that Martin punched Zimmerman in the face (evidence: marks on Martin's knuckles consistent with having punched someone, Zimmerman's facial injuries, lack of any damage to Martin apart from the single gunshot wound), Martin knocked Zimmerman down and sat on his chest bashing his head on the ground (evidence: lacerations to Zimmerman's head, grass stains and moisture on Zimmerman's back and Martin's knees, witness testimony stating that Martin was on top of Zimmerman), and that Martin did so because Zimmerman asked him "what are you doing around here" (evidence: Dee Dee's testimony on what she heard Martin and Zimmerman say to each other).
Quote:
I watched Zimmermanís walkthrough of the crime scene at one point and from his perspective he had no legitimate reason to pursue Martin.
From Zimmerman's perspective, his reason to follow Martin was that there had been multiple break-ins in the neighborhood and at least one shooting, and Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch.

If by "legitimate" you mean "legal", it is legal to follow someone and to ask what they are doing. Trials are about what's legal. Thus following somebody is legal, attacking them and smashing their head into the ground is not.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 06-11-2019, 12:19 PM
BANNED

What Zimmerman did pre-fight was tacky, dumb, racist, but 100% legal. What Martin did when he approached Zimmerman in the street was 100% illegal, and in that state, Zimmerman's response was within the law. So would it have happened if Zimmerman wasn't as a-hole? No. But it also wouldn't have happened if Martin had not gone out in search of him, either. Or if Martin had gone out, found him, and engaged in a verbal confrontation (e.g. What's your deal a-hole? Why are you following me?) Bashing anyone's head in the street because you are mad they were following you, whatever the dumb reasoning or intent, is not a reasonable reaction in the eyes of the law. So while you can empathisize with Martin's feelings and reactions, and the senseless loss of life, the truth is he would be alive if he had not initiated a violent life-threatening confrontation with someone who was NOT putting his life in immediate jeopardy. The fact Zimmerman is basically glad it happened and would love to do it again makes it all the more sickening and offensive, but the only law broken here unfortunately was by Martin.

There was a recent incident where a racist woman challenged a black man's reason for being in her apartment building, and it turned out, he lived there. If his reaction to this had been jumping on her and bashing her head on the ground, he would be guilty of a crime, she would not- pretty much same thing here.

Last edited by Helmut Doork; 06-11-2019 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Congratulations on yet another successful self-serving hijacking of a topic, Shodan.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

You can't manage to sustain a Pitting, and that's supposed to be my fault? Pardon my lack of contrition.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 06-11-2019, 12:42 PM

It's not a hijack. He's just helpfully providing more material for the thread topic.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
You can't manage to sustain a Pitting, and that's supposed to be my fault? Pardon my lack of contrition.

Regards,
Shodan
I guess you're an empty nester now and making a loud display of your lack of contrition is just the hobby you decided to go with. I'm more of a golf guy.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnalK View Post
I guess you're an empty nester now and making a loud display of your lack of contrition is just the hobby you decided to go with. I'm more of a golf guy.
By his posts, introspection is not Shodan's style (I really like the question you asked in post #122). Which is a shame, because I think it's clear he's a smart guy.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 06-11-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Mocking ridiculous posts is fun. If someone makes a ridiculous post spreading a bullshit and slanderous conspiracy theory, they might get mocked. No big deal.
Sure, I like mocking. But it's possible to mock someone without resorting to "haha, he fucks sheep! Or maybe he doesn't! DERP!"

see?

Old 06-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

Oh come on - it's all in good fun.

Go Molest a Baboon,
Shodan
Old 06-11-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Oh come on - it's all in good fun.

Go Molest a Baboon,
Shodan
Shut up sheep fucker!
Old 06-11-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Sure, I like mocking. But it's possible to mock someone without resorting to "haha, he fucks sheep! Or maybe he doesn't! DERP!"

see?

There are many ways to mock...
Old 06-11-2019, 01:30 PM
BANNED

Quote:
There are many ways to mock...
yes, but the thread would be a better read if more people aimed for South Park instead of Brickleberry, Bill Hicks instead of Carlos Mencia
Old 06-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Charter Member

...Some of which are creative and entertaining, and the rest come from Czarcasm.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 06-11-2019, 01:54 PM

I started reading the thread but was taken aback by the following, even before I got to the "bump."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffalump and Roo
I wasn't there, and that's not my question.

I live in a place where I know the people who live around me. I generally know the people visiting them. If I see someone wandering around their places that doesn't look like they belong, what are the options I have?

Do the options differ based on the color of their skin?
Why do you say Trayvon didn't belong? His father lived in that community and Trayvon was living with him. Do you think Zimmerman personally knew every person in the area? If not, what reason did he have for thinking that Trayvon was "suspicious" aside from race?

As for your options:
1) mind your own business.
2) no, that's it.

You don't get to say someone looks like he "doesn't belong". If they are doing something illegal, or something that looks like it might be illegal, you call the cops. If they just look like they don't "belong" you mind your own business.
Mr. Heffalump, am I correct to assume you are a foreigner who knows nothing at all about the Martin killing? In particular you seem ignorant of the fact that Zimmermann had called the police and the police instructed him that they were on the way and NOT to follow the suspect.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I'm also curious whether Hurricane and his ilk would be capable of acknowledging this in their hearts. But I don't think their responses in the thread would answer this one way or the other. They might be happy a nigger was killed but pretend otherwise to keep up their "I am not a racist" charade. Or, they might understand that the manslaughter was a tragedy but fear that to admit it would undermine their case.....
I have exactly two Dopers set to Ignore and those two are exactly equal to the two Dopers named in thread title.

Did either of the two Dopers ever answer the question implied in my above post?
Old 06-11-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Doork View Post
yes, but the thread would be a better read if more people aimed for South Park instead of Brickleberry, Bill Hicks instead of Carlos Mencia
Saying that Shodan does NOT fuck goats - well, who can be sure? There are those rumors that nobody has been able to disprove - is exactly in the wheelhouse of South Park.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you can summarize the evidence which say Iím wrong. Was Martin committing crimes against person or property while he was being pursued by an armed Zimmerman? If not I find it hard to excuse Zimmermanís conduct.

Havenít got into the case for some time. I watched Zimmermanís walkthrough of the crime scene at one point and from his perspective he had no legitimate reason to pursue Martin.
I don't think you'll be satisfied by anyone's summary. So please read the whole Wikipedia article. Or start at 'Background of the Shooting' and see where reading takes you.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I started reading the thread but was taken aback by the following, even before I got to the "bump."

Mr. Heffalump, am I correct to assume you are a foreigner who knows nothing at all about the Martin killing? In particular you seem ignorant of the fact that Zimmermann had called the police and the police instructed him that they were on the way and NOT to follow the suspect.
septimus, the traditional response to having a small penis is to buy a pistol or a large SUV, not just to increase your font size.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 06-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
septimus, the traditional response to having a small penis is to buy a pistol or a large SUV, not just to increase your font size.

Regards,
Shodan
Your obsession with the size of penises other than your own is rather disturbing.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Your obsession with the size of penises other than your own is rather disturbing.
Thanks for quoting the penis-obsessor. It's good to confirm that my decision to ignore Shodildo-brain was a wise one.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Yes, there's evidence that Martin punched Zimmerman. But there's no evidence that Martin acted aggressively towards Zimmerman. There's such a thing as self-defense, in every state except Florida.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Yes, there's evidence that Martin punched Zimmerman. But there's no evidence that Martin acted aggressively towards Zimmerman. There's such a thing as self-defense, in every state except Florida.
There is forensic evidence he punched him, multiple times, and bashed his head on the street. I believe this meets the accepted definition of aggression, as no such wounds were found on Martin.

Last edited by Helmut Doork; 06-11-2019 at 04:37 PM. Reason: added line two
Old 06-11-2019, 04:38 PM
BANNED

To not meet the definition of aggression, you would have to believe Zimmerman instigated the physical confrontation, yet got no punches in- possible, yes, probable no.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
To not meet the definition of aggression, you would have to believe Zimmerman instigated the physical confrontation, yet got no punches in- possible, yes, probable no.
So pointing a gun at someone doesn't qualify as instigation?
Old 06-11-2019, 04:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
So pointing a gun at someone doesn't qualify as instigation?
My understanding from the reading the court transcript, years ago so I could be wrong, is that Zimmerman denied doing this and claimed he was attacked by Martin from behind. No witnesses to the attack to confirm or deny.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
So calling him an Uncle Fucker would have been better? Sorry, denying that he is an uncle fucker.

Link NSFW, obviously.

Last edited by raventhief; 06-11-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:38 PM

HEY HEY!
Lest we forget that Shodan and Zimmerman aren't the only assholes being pitted here. I present, in the Oh Yeah He Said It With A Straight Face category this post by fucknutz:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
The "change to the Census" is merely to ask if people are citizens. His administration is not proposing that we "exclude non-citizens" from the census count or population totals.