Old 03-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushkin View Post
Where did that come from as a remedy for sickness? I've heard of Coke kept open in a fridge until it went flat or Coke boiled and then cooled again too.
http://www.health911.com/nausea,-mor...otion-sickness
Quote:
Cola syrup The age-old standby for nausea and upset stomach has been cola syrup. For adults take 1-2 tablespoons every 15 minutes until the symptoms subside (no more than six doses in a 24 hour period). For children it's 1-2 teaspoons. There is caffeine in cola syrup, so it is best not to take it before bedtime if you are affected by caffeine. Warning: Also, don't take cola syrup if you are a diabetic.
I remember one time dad drove me to Jack In The Box and got some Coca Cola syrup. I remember the person thought it was an odd request, but we did get a small Coke sans carbonated water. I think I remember having this remedy twice when I was very little. It worked.

You can buy much more expensive syrup at drug stores
Old 03-07-2016, 03:56 AM

I'm very partial to Bundaberg Ginger Beer (it's pretty much the default ginger beer in this part of the world), although Cascade ginger beer is quite nice and has a bit of bite to it as well, for when you want something non-alcoholic but with a bit of kick to it.