Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Borgia View Post
By the way if you are wondering what kind of person Pool is, behold. Or you may not want to behold as the following contains descriptions of severe animal cruelty.

That adds a little perspective.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Duality View Post
It's margin who is the preacher of hatred in that example.

OK maybe I should have spelled it out.

Instead, try to make it equivalent and relevant.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:44 PM
A Rather Dubious Fellow Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
I wish I had taken heed of your spoiler. pool is a seriously disturbed piece of shit.
Ditto that. What the actual fuck?!?

Seems the overcompensation for (justified) feelings of powerlessness and unworthiness are nothing new. Probably drives an unnecessarily-large pickup truck, if you know what I mean.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnalK View Post
Reading is less important than emotional intelligence. This is basic stuff, but the idea is that talking about a random celebrity is different than directly addressing a person.
As has often been said by the suddenly oh-so-concerned hand wringing group in this very thread no one is forced to read the pit.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
As has often been said by the suddenly oh-so-concerned hand wringing group in this very thread no one is forced to read the pit.
Look asshole, I don't agree with much of Margin's positions as per Bernie, I actually like Bernie. But the foul smelling shit that poured out from Pool is disturbing.

You don't get this? I doubt it. You're just trolling. So fuck off now and get back under your bridge you worthless shitstain.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:17 PM
Luminary

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Laughing at someone else's real life pain makes that person a candidate for sociopath of the month club.
See, the deal is I'm reasonably certain it's a put-on by a manipulative parasite.

Last edited by Mr. Duality; 02-15-2020 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Exit? View Post
Look asshole, I don't agree with much of Margin's positions as per Bernie, I actually like Bernie. But the foul smelling shit that poured out from Pool is disturbing.

You don't get this? I doubt it. You're just trolling. So fuck off now and get back under your bridge you worthless shitstain.
The pit is a disturbing place. Thatís the point of its creation. The problem is some animals are more equal than others around here.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:22 PM
Luminary

Maybe I don't want to buy pool a beer.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
The pit is a disturbing place. Thatís the point of its creation. The problem is some animals are more equal than others around here.
Well I know in general cats are way more equal than Octopi. But tired old allusions to Animal Farm aside. You can strongly disagree with Margin without sinking to the sick level that Pool did.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Well I know in general cats are way more equal than Octopi. But tired old allusions to Animal Farm aside. You can strongly disagree with Margin without sinking to the sick level that Pool did.
I donít disagree with that. But the pit is the pit.

And itís octopuses.

Last edited by octopus; 02-15-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:41 PM

Being an asshole in The Pit is still being an asshole.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:50 PM

I think pool is just pissed off at life.

I hope he gets over whatever's eating away at him, and in a way that's constructive.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I donít disagree with that. But the pit is the pit.

And itís octopuses.
Actually, a decade plus ago we had a very long thread proving octopi is still a valid pluralization.

The pit is a pit, but when someone posts something disgusting, the backlash shouldn't be a surprise. The pit when it works is somewhat self-governing.

Thankfully Miller gets this and moderates well.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Actually, a decade plus ago we had a very long thread proving octopi is still a valid pluralization.

The pit is a pit, but when someone posts something disgusting, the backlash shouldn't be a surprise. The pit when it works is somewhat self-governing.

Thankfully Miller gets this and moderates well.
Self-governing in this context means mob rule. And capitulating to a mob is never acting well.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Borgia View Post
By the way if you are wondering what kind of person Pool is, behold. Or you may not want to behold as the following contains descriptions of severe animal cruelty.

Jesus fucking Christ, I only read a sentence, but I hope the cops are digging up his back yard. What THE FUCK.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Self-governing in this context means mob rule. And capitulating to a mob is never acting well.
Who's asking anyone to capitulate to anything?
Old 02-15-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
It's "community standards," not "mob rule." There's a difference.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
mob rule.
A stupid lie repeated often enough becomes a cliched stupid lie. It doesn't ever become the truth. You're entering quarry territory here, dude.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
I think pool is just pissed off at life.

I hope he gets over whatever's eating away at him, and in a way that's constructive.
I treat cancer patients for a living. I was a disturbed child but I'm not an attention whore unlike some others I could mention.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool View Post
I treat cancer patients for a living. I was a disturbed child but I'm not an attention whore unlike some others I could mention.
And yet, today in this thread, you are seeming to find the death of a cat and the owner's pain a fun jaunt. Perhaps you haven’t changed so much after all.

Last edited by IvoryTowerDenizen; 02-15-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
So what? The intent is different whether the fellow Doper chooses to read it or not. I mean, if you feel zero sense of community with the other posters here, what you say makes some sense. But if you like hanging out with the people here, it's not cool to be quite so mean. Don't you think?
Old 02-15-2020, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Straight up, this is the sort of stuff that I wish were verboten in the pit. I don't care how manipulative margin may or may not have been, pool's responses weren't just insulting, they were indicative of a shittiness that oughtta be offloaded.

Edit: clearer comments here.

Last edited by Left Hand of Dorkness; 02-15-2020 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:41 PM

I feel like this thread has justifiably become the pool Pit thread now.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Your trolling in this thread fits the very definition of "attention whore."
Old 02-15-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ - when you make light of another poster's dead pet and are just being a generally distasteful poster, you're attention whoring.

Try again. You're just going through a "fuck you, planet" stage - I get it. It's better if you own up to it.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
Your trolling in this thread fits the very definition of "attention whore."
Beat me to it. I mean, FFS, it was another poster's pit thread, and he became the pitted subject. How the fuck does that happen? Answer: it doesn't - unless you're trolling and attention whoring.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:52 PM

I hope he doesn't joke about his patients' dead pets when he's treating them. Probably does.

Last edited by cochrane; 02-15-2020 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
Straight up, this is the sort of stuff that I wish were verboten in the pit. I don't care how manipulative margin may or may not have been, pool's responses weren't just insulting, they were indicative of a shittiness that oughtta be offloaded.

Edit: clearer comments here.

You know, I looked back and what's his face's attack on me was designed to put me in "What the fuck, dude?" mode. It just so happens that there's been one thing occupying me this week and it's pretty specific. He wanted me on the defensive so then he could pat himself on the back in response for his superior intellect or emotional stability or whatever. If Fuckwit there had pulled this two weeks back, I'd have been, "What the fuck, asshole, since when do I work for you?" I mean, you want to set my schedule, you better be signing a paycheck. And maybe Bernie Sanders isn't The Way, The Truth, and The Light. *

*Please note: this is not to suggest that Bernie Sanders is or is not a philosophy for living, veracity itself, or a table lamp.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
... I'm not an attention whore unlike some others I could mention.
Wow, not only did you manage to steal the original Pittee's Pitting, but you even managed to work in the original alleged offense (Insufficient Self-Awareness) along with your Wanton Cruelty. That's quite a feat.

Last edited by mjmlabs; 02-15-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Ted Bundy worked in a suicide hotline. According to Ann Rule, who worked with him, he was one of the most dedicated people on that job. There's no point in being a sociopath with a god complex if you can't deal out life as well as death.

All we know is what you post here. You are a malignant sociopathic troll with deep issues about women. But you'll be OK. The mods only care if you break rules. Look how long Cesario lasted, and he never actually hurt anything.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:08 AM

Quote:
So then why, if you hate it so much, is the vast majority of your posting here?

Fucking troll. It's only a matter of time before they ban your sorry ass and you bloody well know it.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:27 AM
Sith Mod

[Moderating]
Well, this thread has gone to absolute shit. I'm closing it. If someone wants to open a new one about the original topic, that's fine, but I don't want to see any mention of dead cats in it, from anyone. (The poster Dead Cat is excepted.)

pool, there are limits even in the Pit, and you blew way past them. I'm giving you a warning for being too much of an asshole even by Pit standards.
[/Moderating]
Closed Thread