Old 03-21-2018, 07:54 PM

Common.dll not found

Lately, I've been getting this error message when I attempt to run my registry cleaner. Apparently, others get this error when running gaming platforms. Is there a scan I can run to repair this program?

Last edited by Enola Straight; 03-21-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola Straight View Post
Lately, I've been getting this error message when I attempt to run my registry cleaner. Apparently, others get this error when running gaming platforms. Is there a scan I can run to repair this program?
no, but you can stop running useless registry cleaners.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola Straight View Post
Well any software developer can name a file "Common.dll", and there's probably thousands of (completely unrelated) "Common.dll" files out there, so without adding the name of your registry cleaner program, Google's not going to be much help. Nor will anybody here.

Assuming you're not running Windows XP, cleaning your registry is a complete waste of time though. It may have made sense back in the past when large registry files could (rarely) get corrupted, but that hasn't been true for at least a decade. So I'd just recommend not solving the error and uninstalling the program.

If your registry *does* get corrupted in 2018, it's a 99.9% chance that it's the underlying disk that's failing, not anything specific to the registry file itself.