Old 09-24-2018, 10:43 AM

Had lots of fun battling it out with horde last night working Tour of Duty achievements.

I think warmode works pretty fun. You form a group and wreck people for a while and before long the other faction comes at you with a group of their own and epic world pvp ensues. I know lots of people hate it (most of my guild plays with it off most of the time) but I really like it.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:59 AM

Warmode is dumb as hell; even dumber than Dalaran sewer pvp was. I predict that at least 90% of WoW players will not bother with it unless they have to and that Blizzard will pay no attention whatsoever, doubling down on forced pvp encounters in the next xpac.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:16 AM

Warmode is voluntary- so I'm a fan. I'm a terrible PvPer, so I won't help much for the alliance at all, and I'm aware of it.

I enjoy the warfronts, and I hope there are more planned and it isn't just Arathi Highlands all expac.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:20 AM

Meh, I love it. Gives everything a chaotic feel.

Maybe i'll turn it off eventually, but haven't turned it off since BFA launched.

Warfront on the other hand... I dunno, good concept, but execution was kinda boring (and I've only done it once).
Old 09-24-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Warmode is dumb as hell; even dumber than Dalaran sewer pvp was. I predict that at least 90% of WoW players will not bother with it unless they have to and that Blizzard will pay no attention whatsoever, doubling down on forced pvp encounters in the next xpac.
I havenít played WoW in some time (not since the previous expansion) but if itís anywhere near as bad as Dalaran Sewer PvP thatís horrible. The Dalaran Sewers is by far the worst PvP experience Iíve ever had in WoW and among the worst Iíve had in any MMO.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
I havenít played WoW in some time (not since the previous expansion) but if itís anywhere near as bad as Dalaran Sewer PvP thatís horrible. The Dalaran Sewers is by far the worst PvP experience Iíve ever had in WoW and among the worst Iíve had in any MMO.
Warmode is really just world pvp as it always existed (and it can be turned off on all servers if the player chooses, so that you're essentially playing on a pve server). The only change is that they've added some modest incentives to engaging in world pvp (achievements, 100 conquest points once per week, a little bit of loot...). If someone gets enough kills they'll be marked on the map with a bounty, and you can group up to take them down and get said rewards. As a result, there's always groups/raids forming in general to fight horde.

Sure, sometimes it makes getting a world quest done alone a pain, but it can also lead to large scale open word pvp battles that can be pretty fun. But like I said, you could turn it off at any time if you want.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdio View Post
Warmode is really just world pvp as it always existed (and it can be turned off on all servers if the player chooses, so that you're essentially playing on a pve server). The only change is that they've added some modest incentives to engaging in world pvp (achievements, 100 conquest points once per week, a little bit of loot...). If someone gets enough kills they'll be marked on the map with a bounty, and you can group up to take them down and get said rewards. As a result, there's always groups/raids forming in general to fight horde.

Sure, sometimes it makes getting a world quest done alone a pain, but it can also lead to large scale open word pvp battles that can be pretty fun. But like I said, you could turn it off at any time if you want.
That doesnít sound so bad. I have flashbacks of having a quest or some other need to pop into the sewers and next thing I know Iím getting ganked by a handful of maxed-out PvPers. Itís not fun, itís like suddenly getting punched in the back of the head while walking to the store to pick up a few things. At least you can opt out of Warmode.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:27 PM

347 here and all quests completed; looks like Tom Petty was right: the waiting is the hardest part.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
347 here and all quests completed; looks like Tom Petty was right: the waiting is the hardest part.
Nice! My guild got G'huun down on normal last week, so we moved on to heroic and we were able to get 3 bosses down (almost a fourth!) but I had no luck on loot, so my ilvl is plateaued for the moment.

Hoping for some good luck in the mythic plus chest tonight too!
Old 09-25-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdio View Post
Nice! My guild got G'huun down on normal last week, so we moved on to heroic and we were able to get 3 bosses down (almost a fourth!) but I had no luck on loot, so my ilvl is plateaued for the moment.

Hoping for some good luck in the mythic plus chest tonight too!
My team is 6/8 on normal so far. Mythrax is pretty mind-blowing at first. I'm not sure what is holding us up on it at the moment- all I know is that he hits like a truck, and the amount of movement required on the DPS/heals side of things seems to be slowing down getting my health up after the pull.

I don't think I managed to do a single M+ this last week- I've been distracting myself with alts. 5 120s so far, and I'm now bouncing between leveling my pally and monk tanks. This week the wife and I have committed to putting together a core mythic team though, so I will get my chests from here on out- I've been sitting at 349 for a while on my main.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krondys View Post
My team is 6/8 on normal so far. Mythrax is pretty mind-blowing at first. I'm not sure what is holding us up on it at the moment- all I know is that he hits like a truck, and the amount of movement required on the DPS/heals side of things seems to be slowing down getting my health up after the pull.
Yeah, Mythrax was definitely our biggest struggle as well. Mostly the transition from P1 to P2, and then avoiding that beam while in P2 because its hard to watch for while trying to get the adds down. I don't even know what got us over the hump, just getting everyone practice and experience I guess.

I'd say to look forward to G'huun though, that's a pretty fun & unique fight in my opinion, even though there's lots of movement which is the bane of enhancement shaman dps.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:35 AM

Got lucky with a bonus roll in Uldir last night. Not the weapon I was hoping for but some nice Azerite shoulders! Pushes my ilvl up to 357. Looking forward to our next night of raiding on Thursday to hopefully make some progress!
Old 09-26-2018, 11:15 AM

Planning on hitting the warfront on my alts as much as possible tonight, up until it ends. Then, assuming rares reset as soon as Arathi changes hands, I'll be running around knocking those out on my alts until bedtime. Otherwise, I'll plan on doing that tomorrow and just knock out world quests and island expeditions.

I pushed my hunter alt to 320 yesterday and did the Warfront quest- got a warforged 380 7th Legion Longbow out of it!
Old 09-27-2018, 11:41 AM

It was indeed an instant reset- ran one last Warfront with 20 minutes left when I queued, and when we finished it the quest-giver and portal to Arathi were up. Re-cleared all the rares and quests, and took out the world boss, doing the same on some more toons this evening.

Oh, and screw you Blizzard for giving me multiple copies of rare-drop toys that are literally useless.