Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 09-24-2018, 10:43 AM
Clawdio Clawdio is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 768
Had lots of fun battling it out with horde last night working Tour of Duty achievements.

I think warmode works pretty fun. You form a group and wreck people for a while and before long the other faction comes at you with a group of their own and epic world pvp ensues. I know lots of people hate it (most of my guild plays with it off most of the time) but I really like it.
  #102  
Old 09-24-2018, 10:59 AM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo Snowboarder Bo is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 23,844
Warmode is dumb as hell; even dumber than Dalaran sewer pvp was. I predict that at least 90% of WoW players will not bother with it unless they have to and that Blizzard will pay no attention whatsoever, doubling down on forced pvp encounters in the next xpac.
  #103  
Old 09-24-2018, 11:16 AM
krondys krondys is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gillette, Wyoming
Posts: 942
Warmode is voluntary- so I'm a fan. I'm a terrible PvPer, so I won't help much for the alliance at all, and I'm aware of it.

I enjoy the warfronts, and I hope there are more planned and it isn't just Arathi Highlands all expac.
  #104  
Old 09-24-2018, 11:20 AM
Clawdio Clawdio is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 768
Meh, I love it. Gives everything a chaotic feel.

Maybe i'll turn it off eventually, but haven't turned it off since BFA launched.

Warfront on the other hand... I dunno, good concept, but execution was kinda boring (and I've only done it once).
  #105  
Old 09-24-2018, 01:35 PM
Atamasama's Avatar
Atamasama Atamasama is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Warmode is dumb as hell; even dumber than Dalaran sewer pvp was. I predict that at least 90% of WoW players will not bother with it unless they have to and that Blizzard will pay no attention whatsoever, doubling down on forced pvp encounters in the next xpac.
I havenít played WoW in some time (not since the previous expansion) but if itís anywhere near as bad as Dalaran Sewer PvP thatís horrible. The Dalaran Sewers is by far the worst PvP experience Iíve ever had in WoW and among the worst Iíve had in any MMO.
  #106  
Old 09-24-2018, 02:22 PM
Clawdio Clawdio is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
I havenít played WoW in some time (not since the previous expansion) but if itís anywhere near as bad as Dalaran Sewer PvP thatís horrible. The Dalaran Sewers is by far the worst PvP experience Iíve ever had in WoW and among the worst Iíve had in any MMO.
Warmode is really just world pvp as it always existed (and it can be turned off on all servers if the player chooses, so that you're essentially playing on a pve server). The only change is that they've added some modest incentives to engaging in world pvp (achievements, 100 conquest points once per week, a little bit of loot...). If someone gets enough kills they'll be marked on the map with a bounty, and you can group up to take them down and get said rewards. As a result, there's always groups/raids forming in general to fight horde.

Sure, sometimes it makes getting a world quest done alone a pain, but it can also lead to large scale open word pvp battles that can be pretty fun. But like I said, you could turn it off at any time if you want.
  #107  
Old 09-24-2018, 04:08 PM
Atamasama's Avatar
Atamasama Atamasama is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdio View Post
Warmode is really just world pvp as it always existed (and it can be turned off on all servers if the player chooses, so that you're essentially playing on a pve server). The only change is that they've added some modest incentives to engaging in world pvp (achievements, 100 conquest points once per week, a little bit of loot...). If someone gets enough kills they'll be marked on the map with a bounty, and you can group up to take them down and get said rewards. As a result, there's always groups/raids forming in general to fight horde.

Sure, sometimes it makes getting a world quest done alone a pain, but it can also lead to large scale open word pvp battles that can be pretty fun. But like I said, you could turn it off at any time if you want.
That doesnít sound so bad. I have flashbacks of having a quest or some other need to pop into the sewers and next thing I know Iím getting ganked by a handful of maxed-out PvPers. Itís not fun, itís like suddenly getting punched in the back of the head while walking to the store to pick up a few things. At least you can opt out of Warmode.
  #108  
Old 09-24-2018, 11:27 PM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo Snowboarder Bo is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 23,844
347 here and all quests completed; looks like Tom Petty was right: the waiting is the hardest part.
  #109  
Old 09-25-2018, 10:49 AM
Clawdio Clawdio is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
347 here and all quests completed; looks like Tom Petty was right: the waiting is the hardest part.
Nice! My guild got G'huun down on normal last week, so we moved on to heroic and we were able to get 3 bosses down (almost a fourth!) but I had no luck on loot, so my ilvl is plateaued for the moment.

Hoping for some good luck in the mythic plus chest tonight too!
  #110  
Old 09-25-2018, 12:07 PM
krondys krondys is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gillette, Wyoming
Posts: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdio View Post
Nice! My guild got G'huun down on normal last week, so we moved on to heroic and we were able to get 3 bosses down (almost a fourth!) but I had no luck on loot, so my ilvl is plateaued for the moment.

Hoping for some good luck in the mythic plus chest tonight too!
My team is 6/8 on normal so far. Mythrax is pretty mind-blowing at first. I'm not sure what is holding us up on it at the moment- all I know is that he hits like a truck, and the amount of movement required on the DPS/heals side of things seems to be slowing down getting my health up after the pull.

I don't think I managed to do a single M+ this last week- I've been distracting myself with alts. 5 120s so far, and I'm now bouncing between leveling my pally and monk tanks. This week the wife and I have committed to putting together a core mythic team though, so I will get my chests from here on out- I've been sitting at 349 for a while on my main.
  #111  
Old 09-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Clawdio Clawdio is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by krondys View Post
My team is 6/8 on normal so far. Mythrax is pretty mind-blowing at first. I'm not sure what is holding us up on it at the moment- all I know is that he hits like a truck, and the amount of movement required on the DPS/heals side of things seems to be slowing down getting my health up after the pull.
Yeah, Mythrax was definitely our biggest struggle as well. Mostly the transition from P1 to P2, and then avoiding that beam while in P2 because its hard to watch for while trying to get the adds down. I don't even know what got us over the hump, just getting everyone practice and experience I guess.

I'd say to look forward to G'huun though, that's a pretty fun & unique fight in my opinion, even though there's lots of movement which is the bane of enhancement shaman dps.
  #112  
Old 09-26-2018, 10:35 AM
Clawdio Clawdio is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 768
Got lucky with a bonus roll in Uldir last night. Not the weapon I was hoping for but some nice Azerite shoulders! Pushes my ilvl up to 357. Looking forward to our next night of raiding on Thursday to hopefully make some progress!
  #113  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:15 AM
krondys krondys is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gillette, Wyoming
Posts: 942
Planning on hitting the warfront on my alts as much as possible tonight, up until it ends. Then, assuming rares reset as soon as Arathi changes hands, I'll be running around knocking those out on my alts until bedtime. Otherwise, I'll plan on doing that tomorrow and just knock out world quests and island expeditions.

I pushed my hunter alt to 320 yesterday and did the Warfront quest- got a warforged 380 7th Legion Longbow out of it!
  #114  
Old 09-27-2018, 11:41 AM
krondys krondys is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gillette, Wyoming
Posts: 942
It was indeed an instant reset- ran one last Warfront with 20 minutes left when I queued, and when we finished it the quest-giver and portal to Arathi were up. Re-cleared all the rares and quests, and took out the world boss, doing the same on some more toons this evening.

Oh, and screw you Blizzard for giving me multiple copies of rare-drop toys that are literally useless.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017