Old 06-09-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Neither you or HD will shout from the rooftops as you are happy to have a moron for a president. I will vote. That worked until republicans accepted and invited foreign countries to play with our elections. My shouting is done from here. For now.
Still not an answer to his question. Why are those who disagree with you the easily manipulated ones?

And why would you think I am happy with Trump?
Old 06-09-2019, 08:51 PM
Mod Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Troll along HD. Your bullshit is not worth responding to.
Warning for an accusation of trolling outside The BBQ Pit.

[ /Moderating]
Old 06-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Mod Rocker

Moderating

ENOUGH!

EVERYONE:
Quit quibbling over the quality of Trump and/or the the quality or intelligence of his supporters and address the actual question in the OP.

[ /Moderating ]
Old 06-10-2019, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
That's an ugly thing to wish for, even if you perceive it will bring you some political advantage.
If by "you", you mean the Democrats then I can't really speak for their intentions.

If you literally meant me, then I was simply stating the reality of things, as they are today. The people vote based on the economy in that precise moment, regardless of who or what caused it to be in that state (good or bad). Protesting, putting up signs, calling people, wearing t-shirts, placing stickers on your bumper, it's probably all mostly moot. Either the economy is for you or against you, and you're just boned with the current map, as a Democrat, unless the economy is in your favor.

My point was that the answer to that is up to the gods, not to us, and the gods aren't real. Frying sausages isn't something that will actually work and any call to get frying shouldn't be read as an endorsement.

I would, however, contend that it's not an ugly thing to wish for though. No one died in the Financial Crisis. No one even died in the Great Depression. There's no bump in the death rate during those years that anyone has found (so far as a quick Google says).

Depressions and recessions are certainly bad, but it would also be bad to lose my arm. If the alternative is that the gangrene gets to my heart and kills me, though, I'd rather that we cut earlier than later.

Last edited by Sage Rat; 06-10-2019 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacks View Post
Keep in mind that if a miracle occurs and the Dems somehow eke out 50 Senators alongside a Dem VP, Joe Manchin would then likely flip to the R side just as he flirted with doing in 2010 and 2014.

Face it, McConnell is there to stay, and since he is Lawful Evil to Trump's Chaotic Evil, things won't improve much at all when the next president gets sworn in.
I couldn’t see Manchin flipping under a D President, it wouldn’t make sense. I could see it happening had the Senate been 50/50 in 2018 and Pence was still VP.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:31 PM

This might alter the expectations in this thread a bit:

538: Republicans Just Scored A Strong Recruit In The Michigan Senate Race

Quote:
... Peters starts as a favorite, but James gives Republicans a real chance of winning Michigan’s Senate race in 2020.

Last edited by HurricaneDitka; 06-10-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Yeah, DSeid had that same link back on post #9. I would put that one in the "Lean R" column, for now.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Yeah, DSeid had that same link back on post #9. I would put that one in the "Lean R" column, for now.
The same guy already lost (in a previous election), I believe. I'd have it at a tossup at worst.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 06-11-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
If they are so easily manipulated, why haven't you manipulated them into not supporting President Trump yet?
Manipulating them is very easy but it requires exploiting their racism, xenophobia, misogyny, ignorance and insecurity. We're not willing to stoop that low.

I know, I know, "liberals are the real racists", etc.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:

What's he going to run on?

"Rick Snyder simply polluted Flint's drinking water. I'll order the Michigan Air Guard to carpet bomb that God forsaken place and be done with it."
Old 06-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Mod Rocker

Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
Manipulating them is very easy but it requires exploiting their racism, xenophobia, misogyny, ignorance and insecurity. We're not willing to stoop that low.

I know, I know, "liberals are the real racists", etc.
Off topic. Stick to the thread discussion. See Post #53.

[ /Moderating ]

Last edited by tomndebb; 06-12-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Rat View Post
Today, any Republicans who support Donald Trump - which is almost all of them - are, as silly as it may sound to say, just a bunch of traitors to the flag and deserve to be treated with scorn and disgust at every turn.
Lifelong Texan here, so pardon my ignorance re: Kentucky. I haven't seen a signal yet that indicates McConnell may ever lose his Kentucky Senate seat - are you f'ing kidding me? Am I understanding this right? If so, why are we not referring to Kentucky-ians with the same disdain that we refer to Alabama-ians who it took an act of God not to re-elect a pedophile mall skirt-chaser to their Senate seat?
Old 06-17-2019, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win Place Show View Post
Lifelong Texan here, so pardon my ignorance re: Kentucky. I haven't seen a signal yet that indicates McConnell may ever lose his Kentucky Senate seat - are you f'ing kidding me? Am I understanding this right? If so, why are we not referring to Kentucky-ians with the same disdain that we refer to Alabama-ians who it took an act of God not to re-elect a pedophile mall skirt-chaser to their Senate seat?
States' voting records are on-topic here, so let me call your attention to OP where I mention that the white evangelicals in that 2017 Alabama election favored Moore 80-18. (That's Eighty-percent with an E!) Whites (whether male or female!) without college education favored the pedophile 77-22. Even without filtering for education or religious fanaticism, Moore won a landslide among whites: 63-34 for women, and a whopping 72-26 for men. Jones barely eked out victory due to an overwhelming majority from the blacks who hadn't yet been disenfranchised by white haters.

What "act of God"?