Old 08-03-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
I drove from The south Chicago suburbs to Indianapolis recently, and boy Oh boy is America overcrowded!
Heck yes. While your untrained eyes sees "empty" land and think why not slap 100,000 immigrants on it, my eyes see valuable farmland.

Notice that land has limited water systems, sewers, few schools, fire/police protection, or many other services besides, where will they find jobs?

Let me say it again, we do NOT need to be as crowded as other countries.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
Heck yes. While your untrained eyes sees "empty" land and think why not slap 100,000 immigrants on it, my eyes see valuable farmland.
It takes training to see farmland?

Well, I suppose so, since much of that farmland is sitting idle collecting subsidies, it would take a trained eye to see the cash flowing from the taxpayer pocket rather than just an empty field.

Why is it just immigrants? I live in a quickly developing area, and the developers see farm fields and think why not slap 100,000 people on to it, they do not care if they are immigrant or native born.
Quote:
Notice that land has limited water systems, sewers, few schools, fire/police protection, or many other services besides, where will they find jobs?
The same place that the last few hundred million people found jobs that didn't exist a few decades back. More people is more productivity and it is more demand. More people is a better economy.

But, as long as you are asking, I'll take a few.
Quote:
Let me say it again, we do NOT need to be as crowded as other countries.
What other countries are you worried about, and how far are we from that? We started at 4.5 people in a square mile, now we are pushing 90 per. What is the maximum crowding that you think that we can handle?

Keep in mind that most of these people are moving to where there are already people. The empty places are empty for good reason, no one wants to live there. So those empty places, those farms that you are so concerned about, those wide open empty fields, they are in no danger from immigration.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
It takes training to see farmland?

Well, I suppose so, since much of that farmland is sitting idle collecting subsidies, it would take a trained eye to see the cash flowing from the taxpayer pocket rather than just an empty field.

Why is it just immigrants? I live in a quickly developing area, and the developers see farm fields and think why not slap 100,000 people on to it, they do not care if they are immigrant or native born.

The same place that the last few hundred million people found jobs that didn't exist a few decades back. More people is more productivity and it is more demand. More people is a better economy.

But, as long as you are asking, I'll take a few.

What other countries are you worried about, and how far are we from that? We started at 4.5 people in a square mile, now we are pushing 90 per. What is the maximum crowding that you think that we can handle?

Keep in mind that most of these people are moving to where there are already people. The empty places are empty for good reason, no one wants to live there. So those empty places, those farms that you are so concerned about, those wide open empty fields, they are in no danger from immigration.
Itís more productivity if the people coming are productive. Why arenít they productive where they are and should there be some controls or is de-facto open borders the goal?

And at some point density, especially in highly desirable areas does become too great.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
It’s more productivity if the people coming are productive.
Yeah, what reason do you think otherwise?
Quote:

Why aren’t they productive where they are
Why are the people of Glasgow, Kentucky not productive where they are?
Quote:
and should there be some controls
Sure
Quote:
or is de-facto open borders the goal?
Nope
Quote:
And at some point density, especially in highly desirable areas does become too great.
Yeah, that's how black holes form.

Can you tell me what, specifically, density is "too great"? Is that something for you to decide, or is that something for the person looking to live in a highly desirable area to decide? Does it matter to you how densely populated an area that you do not live in is?

Now, I thought about mentioning that you have no proposals to build a wall around Kentucky, even though economic immigrants are leaving there for other places, causing all the same "problems" that you claim that immigrants from outside the country will cause, but I realize that you guys do put up walls. There are highly desirable areas to live, places where a person from poor kentucky could get a good paying job, but they are shut out by those who want the benefits of living near a high population density area, without having to actually live near other people, especially not poor people. If you are trying to make a comment about places like San Francisco being overcrowded because there are not enough homes for the people who would like to live there, then your comment is misguided, as it is not that it is overcrowded, but that there are those who fight against it increasing in density to the point where the people who want to live there can live there.

You don't need to worry about your big open places that no one wants to live. Even if immigration increased tenfold, people would still not want to live in those places.

Last edited by k9bfriender; 08-06-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Sudan View Post
At the same time, this Democrat would convincingly reject the wall, the caging of kids and other such performative cruelty, and white-nationalist bigotry.
You mean someone further left than Obama?