Old 08-13-2019, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObama
Of course you're going to seek pleasure, which is why you date a small asian women and ask her to dress up like a little girl
Absolutely not. This is the sort of solution that comes from people not doing the work to understand how their fetish impacts those around them. As an Asian, I've occasionally been the target of people who want to explore their race-play fetish, and it is degrading and traumatic.

A large proportion of phone-sex clients use the service to explore pedophilic desires or to confess to sex crimes anonymously. Roleplaying as an abused child, or describing to a client how you might abuse a child, is psychologically damaging to the operator. I know one operator who had a regular client who wanted her to reassure him, as he masturbated, that the child molestation he had committed in the past was OK. He later started abusing children again and confessed in a later call. I have my doubts that surrogate outlets for pedophilic desires don't simply make the desires more intense and persistent. I frankly feel similarly with most kinks that rely on notions of vulnerability, stereotyping, social inequality, and degradation -- including race-play, many forms of gender-play, disability fetishism, etc.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:27 AM

To answer the OP, why should the LGBT community include pedophiles? The LGBT constituents were often lumped together historically because their behaviors were considered gender-non-conforming in a way that was seen as socially unacceptable. I'm a bisexual trans woman. I really don't have much affinity with, say, lesbian culture aside from the fact that we both flout gender norms in some way. That's a pretty tenuous connection (which is why I don't go to lesbian spaces, frankly), but no such connection exists between me and a pedophile. Why would I want them in my community?
Old 08-13-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Raygun View Post
I know one operator who had a regular client who wanted her to reassure him, as he masturbated, that the child molestation he had committed in the past was OK. He later started abusing children again and confessed in a later call.
To me, the operator, by continuing to take money from this vile shit-eater in exchange for assisting him in fantasizing about sexually abusing children, especially after he confessed that he had started actively engaging in these truly evil crimes once again, is only slightly less of a repulsive, disgusting person than he himself is.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Many Cats View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that pedophilia is genetic, just like homosexuality, and also heterosexuality.

If science finds out that this is the case, society will have to deal with it somehow.
That doesn't match data from existing research; inborn yes, situational as well, genetic no.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Nonesutch View Post
To me, the operator, by continuing to take money from this vile shit-eater in exchange for assisting him in fantasizing about sexually abusing children, especially after he confessed that he had started actively engaging in these truly evil crimes once again, is only slightly less of a repulsive, disgusting person than he himself is.
Be wary of assuming that the operator had any sort of reasonable choice. Wages are, by definition, coercion, and some people are in a personal position where they can't up and quit (or do something that will get them fired) and be doing okay a week later, so the coercion has more force. And we don't know what company policy here was regarding Peter McPedo.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Nonesutch View Post
She quit sex work after that call. She has since been unemployed because of her disability and because society, despite encouraging people to leave the industry and get a "normal" job, is very reluctant to employ former sex workers.

You don't get to screen callers. Anything can be thrown at you, and turning people down results in negative ratings on the company's platform. You play along or you don't work. But thank you for judging my friend, despite not knowing any details about her life circumstances. I know it feels satisfying to call people "repulsive" and "disgusting" on the Internet. I only brought this up because we've been talking about "healthy" outlets for pedophiles, which would include phone roleplay with consenting adults (and I use the word "consenting" very loosely, since as begbert2 pointed out, wages are coercion and people are often placed in a position where they can't refuse). It's been my experience that such outlets for fetishists only inflame their urges.