Old 07-15-2019, 10:48 PM

In this recent installment, Faux strives to convince the reader that CNN ran a piece some while back which “glorified” the individual who was killed by police while throwing incendiary devices at buses in the ICE detention center parking lot. Glorified him because there is a brief glimpse of him around the 4-minute mark.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:05 AM
Mod Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear View Post
Hope you're sitting down...
I am not surprised that a Fox and Friends employee was pandering his other business on the show, (or that that business might have been dishonest).
I would still tend to leave personal peccadilloes out of this thread, but that is a personal view and not the view of a Moderator.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:09 AM
Mod Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...e-said-/224213
Quote:
Fox's Katie Pavlich defends Trump's racist tweets: "He didn't say go there permanently. He said go there, fix the problem, come back."
Well, that explains it. Trumps massive ignorance of Geography simply prevented him from realizing that they were already doing exactly what he told them to do: trying to fix the problems in the country from where they originated.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomndebb View Post
I am not surprised that a Fox and Friends employee was pandering his other business on the show, (or that that business might have been dishonest).
I would still tend to leave personal peccadilloes out of this thread, but that is a personal view and not the view of a Moderator.
The title is "Is Fox News really all that bad?" So, when it's revealed that a F&F host... one who marketed his investment firm on the show itself, thereby potentially duping the networks own viewers... was recently arrested for financial fraud, I think it fits the confines of the thread.

In fact, this is not just another tick in the "yes" column, it's a new kind of fucked-upness, right? Even for Fox? Has any other host marketed an (alleged) financial fraud on Fox News viewers for the host's own personal benefit?

Last edited by JohnT; 07-16-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
The title is "Is Fox News really all that bad?" So, when it's revealed that a F&F host... one who marketed his investment firm on the show itself, thereby potentially duping the networks own viewers... was recently arrested for financial fraud, I think it fits the confines of the thread.

In fact, this is not just another tick in the "yes" column, it's a new kind of fucked-upness, right? Even for Fox? Has any other host marketed an (alleged) financial fraud on Fox News viewers for the host's own personal benefit?
Isn’t this the Fox News business plan? Pushing frauds and lies for their own personal profit? It’s why the network was started by Rupert Murdoch, isn’t it?

Was Bill O’Reilly doing something different? Glenn Beck? Tucker Carlson? Gretchen Carlson? Megyn Kelly?

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 07-16-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Selling books and subscriptions is, imho, a different animal than pushing an investment scam.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:14 PM

Scams are what the right wing is all about. Hocking vitamins and wrist magnets and gold and bad real estate and books with lies and bad investment schemes is what they all do all the time. Have you forgotten about privatizing Social Security? Or about Independence USA?

ETA: Fox News itself is just a big scam.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 07-16-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:36 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Scams are what the right wing is all about. Hocking vitamins and wrist magnets and gold and bad real estate and books with lies and bad investment schemes is what they all do all the time. Have you forgotten about privatizing Social Security? Or about Independence USA?

ETA: Fox News itself is just a big scam.
Let's not forget the entire supplement industry is unregulated due to Orrin Hatch's desire to enrich himself and family.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Let's not forget the entire supplement industry is unregulated due to Orrin Hatch's desire to enrich himself and family.
Sortition now.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:12 AM
Charter Member

Representative Omar made a public statement on President Trump this week:

This is a president who has said 'grab women by the pussy.' This is a president who has called black athletes 'sons of bitches.' This is a president who has called people who come from black and brown countries 'shitholes.' This is a president who has equated neo-Nazis with those who protest against them in Charlottesville.

The Fox headline for the story: Ilhan Omar delivers heated, profanity-laced attack on Trump.

Gee, that's not at all misleading.

Fox acted in their usual fashion; after leaving the headline up for a few hours for everyone to read, they changed it so they could pretend the original was a "mistake".
Old 07-19-2019, 02:25 AM

By definition, the words 'pussy', 'bitches', and 'shit, when said by Donald J Trump are sacred.

CMC fnord!
Old 07-28-2019, 01:25 AM
Charter Member

Today, rest of media: President Trump ripped Rep. Elijah Cummings and the city, calling it “a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”

Fox news:Bernie Sanders blasted Baltimore as ‘Third World country’ and ‘disgrace’ in past comments (2015 news)
Old 08-01-2019, 01:11 PM

So comparing coverage of the Garlic festival shooting, I notice that just about every other news organization pointed to the Instagram posts posited to belong to the shooter as having included praise for a white supremacist publication. His Intagram postings are mentioned nowhere in any of the Fox stories. Although some of the comments note that he claimed to be of Italian and IRANIAN ancestry on Instagram.

Now I suppose it is possible that Fox News is just exercising remarkable journalistic restraint and due diligence, by not jumping to any rash conclusions given that it hasn't been proven that Intagram poster is the same person as the shooter, but somehow I doubt it.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
So comparing coverage of the Garlic festival shooting, I notice that just about every other news organization pointed to the Instagram posts posited to belong to the shooter as having included praise for a white supremacist publication. His Intagram postings are mentioned nowhere in any of the Fox stories. Although some of the comments note that he claimed to be of Italian and IRANIAN ancestry on Instagram.
Funnily enough, if you look in the thread here about the shooting there is a poster who also played up the IRANIAN part and is vigorously downplaying the whole "white supremacist" thing.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:29 PM

Brian Kilmeade has pretty much been an open white supremacist for years -- most recently insisting that Hispanic migration is an "invasion", but as far back as '09 he lamented that Americans “keep marrying other species and other ethnics”, unlike the Swedes and Finns who have “pure genes” and a “pure society” because they only marry each other.

What a worthless racist piece of shit. No wonder he has a long-term home on Fox.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 08-06-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
but as far back as '09 he lamented that Americans “keep marrying other species and other ethnics”, unlike the Swedes and Finns who have “pure genes” and a “pure society” because they only marry each other.
Sorry, did not get to that point because that clip was aggressively retarded before it even got there and I just had to shut it down. Kind of like reverse ADHD - I intuitively know my limited attention span is entirely wasted on this shit.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Americans “keep marrying other species
Do they call me Tony the bridge builder? NO!
Old 08-07-2019, 10:26 AM

Lies, damn lies, and media: Right-wing repetition of debunked narratives reshapes reality
Old 08-09-2019, 12:11 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Americans “keep marrying other species ..."
I think that's only in Tennessee and some parts of Mississippi and Georgia.