Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 06:36 PM

Over the years, Boris Johnson has consciously tried to project an image of himself as a cross between Winston Churchill and Bozo the Clown. When he got stuck on a zip wire a few years ago, then-Prime Minister David Cameron provided a brilliant quote:
Quote:
"If any other politician anywhere in the world was stuck on a zip-wire it would be a disaster. For Boris, it's an absolute triumph."
Here's the reception Boris Johnson received in Scotland today [unmute sound to hear boos].
Old 07-29-2019, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Ruined by Brexit, Theresa May has resigned in tears...

Comment from Mrs Piper back in May: "Oh sure, she has to cry like a girl just to support stereotypes that women aren't tough enough to compete with the boys."
Old 07-30-2019, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
Over the years, Boris Johnson has consciously tried to project an image of himself as a cross between Winston Churchill and Bozo the Clown.
It comes across more as Bozo the Clown doing a not-very-good Winston Churchill tribute act.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:39 AM

Boris is continuing his "say anything to anyone to keep them from turning against him". He's promised the North a shiny new railway and millions upon millions of pounds for, oh, all sorts of things. None of that will materialise. Plus he's still promising that he will brilliantly renegotiate the exit deal even though the EU has said it's not happening (and the UK has zero leverage to make it happen).

Anyone who believes anything this malignant toad says deserves a slap.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:37 AM

I was on holiday last week and so psychologically distanced from the sheer horror of it, but now I'm back at work and Boris fucking Johnson is the actual Prime Minister of the UK.

It's a shite state of affairs to be in, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference.

(One upside is that I had enough down time to do this, which I'm going to share because it took me long enough:

Boris PM! Tory trap? Peer, clever boy? O, no. Yob revel creep. Party rot. "MPs, I rob")
Old 07-30-2019, 07:33 AM

So, whats his Northern Ireland plan.....
The only feasible alternative to the backstop involves going all Cromwell on the Republic......
Old 07-30-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK84 View Post
His plan for everything is to spout incoherent gibberish until Brexit goes through, make tons of cash off shorting the entire fucking economy, leave office, use the cash to bribe the party, get a peerage, and sit back and watch the country burn.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK84 View Post
His plan is no plan. No border control.

Let people move goods both ways across the border without tariffs or checks. Don't bother trying to stop them. Let immigrants move Eire -> NI -> UK. And let Brits travel to the EU without controls via Eire. So what? Who cares? Certainly not Johnson and his friends. If the EU doesn't like it, that's their problem. If the Irish don't like it, let them build a wall or something. It's certainly not Johnson's problem.

Creative chaos is what they want. They care nothing about the details.

Rees-Mogg's father wrote a book called Blood in the Streets: Investment Profits in a World Gone Mad. And The Sovereign Individual about disaster capitalism. It opens with the quote "The future is disorder".

Backstop? Border controls? They are laughing.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
Here's the reception Boris Johnson received in Scotland today [unmute sound to hear boos].
They were clearly saying "BOO-ris".
Old 07-30-2019, 09:25 AM
SDSAB

Since he's actually now the PM, and not the next PM, I've opened a new thread in Great Debates: https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=879601

I'll ask the mods to close this thread.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:22 AM
Extrajudicial

Moderating

Given the subject is resolved, and at the request of the OP, I've closed the thread. Discussion about the next PM, Boris Johnson, can be had here: https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=879601

[/moderating]
Closed Thread