Old 08-13-2019, 12:58 PM

Are there, in fact, suspicious deaths of people associated with the Clintons?

It has long been a conservative meme/joke that if you have dirt on the Clintons, you'll die an untimely death (i.e., the joke sign above deer roadkill reading "Snitched on Hillary," the Babylon Bee satire article "CDC: Those with Dirt on Clintons have 843% Higher Risk of Suicide", etc.) - but how statistically true is this? Is it just bitter right-wing fearmongering or is there actually truth to it?

Edit: Forgot to add, of course, the ongoing theories about Jeff Epstein being murdered because he knew a lot of things about the Clintons - theories which are almost certainly nonsense, but have been fueled by these longstanding rumors about deaths involving Clinton associates or acquaintances.

Last edited by Velocity; 08-13-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:11 PM

Well, I did a linear regression of longevity and social proximity to the Clinton family using LinkedIn profiles, and here is what I found.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:33 PM

Answered in 1! Well done, RP.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:45 PM

Damn. I clicked it, and I'm at work.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Off the top of my head:

Vince Foster killed himself after following the Clintons to DC.
Seth Rich was shot in the back, perhaps in an attempted robbery.
People have also tried to tie the Clintons to the plane crash that killed Ron Brown.

Are all of these a stretch? I guess. But there are actual deaths of actual Clinton or DNC associates that could be incorporated into a conspiracy theory.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsguinea View Post
But there are actual deaths of actual Clinton or DNC associates that could be incorporated into a conspiracy theory.
They were President of the US and a Senator/Sec of State. The number of associates you could tie to them is going to be ginormous. If you couldn't find some deaths with unanswered questions connected to the Clintons it would be a much more interesting conspiracy theory.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
...the plane crash that killed Ron Brown.
I thought that one was O.J.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Off the top of my head:

People have also tried to tie the Clintons to the plane crash that killed Ron Brown.

Are all of these a stretch? I guess. But there are actual deaths of actual Clinton or DNC associates that could be incorporated into a conspiracy theory.
People die every day. The Clintons, being high-profile political heavyweights, interact with far more people than most ordinary folks. The fact that three people they have worked with in the last forty years have died is hardly unusual. In fact, I, a humble school teacher, can think of far more than three people to whom I can be associated, that have died in the last forty years. Students, teachers, administrators, student parents, student siblings, my own father, my own son, my own grandmothers. The list is staggering. I must be stopped!!
Old 08-13-2019, 02:09 PM

OK, found a list:

https://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2016/0...-check-it-out/
Old 08-13-2019, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

That's not the suspicious part.

Did you know that way more than half of the people involved in government when JFK was shot are dead?

Wake up, sheeple!

Regards,
Shodan
Old 08-13-2019, 02:30 PM
Charter Member

Not to mention - more than 75% of people die within six months of their birthday!

Regards,
Shodan
Old 08-13-2019, 02:31 PM

Ha, Rick Rolled. 590,107,136 views so I can't feel too bad. I hope someone is making money on that account.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Charter Member

Hell, there are suspicious deaths associated with me, and I expect every other person on the planet. If you look herd enough you'll find a second cousin or an old classmate that died in a weird way or with odd circumstances.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Not to mention - more than 75% of people die within six months of their birthday!

Regards,
Shodan
100% of people die within 6 months of their birthday, don't they?
Old 08-13-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike2 View Post
Which is more than 75%.

It all adds up!
Old 08-13-2019, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

A list of people who didn't die during Clinton's presidency:

Rex Armistead
David Brock
William Clinger
James Dale Davidson
Joseph Farah
Newt Gingrich
Lucianne Goldberg
David Hale
Henry Hyde
Cliff Jackson
Paula Jones
Monica Lewinsky
L. Jean Lewis
Rush Limbaugh
William Safire
Richard Mellon Scaife
Ted Olson
Robert Ray
Christopher Ruddy
Ken Starr
Linda Tripp
Emmett Tyrrell

In fact, most of these people are still alive today.

These are people the Clintons would have been killing if they were killing people.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:47 PM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

The Moderator Speaks

Well, I'm not seeing an Election angle here.

GD or Pit...GD or Pit...

Pit. Knock yourselves out.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:02 PM

Low effort troll here Velocity. You do better sticking to incel or race-baiting threads.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:22 PM

Conspiracy theories are taking over the world. I thought SDMB might be safe, but, nope.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemark View Post
They were President of the US and a Senator/Sec of State. The number of associates you could tie to them is going to be ginormous. If you couldn't find some deaths with unanswered questions connected to the Clintons it would be a much more interesting conspiracy theory.
Ok, name three deaths linked to Poppy Bush, not counting in his foreign wars. I'll wait.

Then find me one connected to Obama that wasn't a drone strike nor the killing of Qaddafi.

Seriously, are you trying to make the conspiracy theory case through reverse psychology?

Last edited by foolsguinea; 08-13-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Ok, name three deaths linked to Poppy Bush, not counting in his foreign wars. I'll wait.

Then find me one connected to Obama that wasn't a drone strike nor the killing of Qaddafi.

Seriously, are you trying to make the conspiracy theory case through reverse psychology?
Poppy Bush was director of the CIA. Obviously all the people he had killed were so expertly covered up that we don't even know their names!
Old 08-13-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:

from Bush Sr. cabinet Kemp, Eagleburger and Derwinski are all dead so there's 3.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Off the top of my head:

If you believe even a little bit in the Seth Rich CT, you are a fucking asshole. I know people who were friends with him and can testify that you nutjobs have made a family's grief immeasurably worse.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:43 PM

I thought this started in the pit, because the tenor of the first few posts was absolutely spot-on.

Fuck off, you miserable fucking moron.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
Conspiracy theories are taking over the world. I thought SDMB might be safe, but, nope.

Velocity's schtick has always been JAQ'ing off. He's not at all representative of the dope.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
Velocity's schtick has always been JAQ'ing off. He's not at all representative of the dope.
This isn't the only CT topic currently active on SDMB. Take a look at the shit sagerat is spewing about politicians marrying their brothers.

I just finished listening to the second podcast season of Bundyville and it seems CT are one of the bigger problems we are facing. Hell, we have a dumbshit president that seems to make a hobby of propagating them.

Can't we keep them out of these boards? Pretty please!
Old 08-13-2019, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
Can't we keep them out of these boards? Pretty please!
And forgo the semi-annual 'Point and Laugh at the 9/11 Truther' thread? Surely you can't be serious!
Old 08-13-2019, 04:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
It has long been a conservative meme/joke that if you have dirt on the Clintons, you'll die an untimely death (i.e., the joke sign above deer roadkill reading "Snitched on Hillary," the Babylon Bee satire article "CDC: Those with Dirt on Clintons have 843% Higher Risk of Suicide", etc.) - but how statistically true is this? Is it just bitter right-wing fearmongering or is there actually truth to it?

Edit: Forgot to add, of course, the ongoing theories about Jeff Epstein being murdered because he knew a lot of things about the Clintons - theories which are almost certainly nonsense, but have been fueled by these longstanding rumors about deaths involving Clinton associates or acquaintances.
Stale work, troll.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:00 PM
2018 Midterm Prediction Winner

Quote:
Barry seal? Really?

Barry Seal used to fly planes full of cocaine for the columbian medellian cartel. He got arrested and turned states evidence against the cartel in exchange for leniency. He was then murdered by columbian hitmen.

How does that have anything to do with the Clintons?

It sounds like they're just taking everyone who died of both natural and unnatural causes who knew the clintons in any way, and claiming they were murdered.

The Seth Rich conspiracy is being pushed by Russia.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:01 PM

For people like me that cringe and hit the back button whenever we click a link here that goes to a YouTube video, Snopes has a good article.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/clinton-body-bags/

There are some amazing stretches.

A young woman that was a former intern was killed in a coffee shop robbery. Her first name began with M, so the kooks speculate that this was a failed hit on Monica Lewinsky.

A random dentist was killed in a plane crash. The guy has no connection to Clinton. But the kooks speculate that he was ready to spill some dirt on Clinton. There is no evidence that he even knew Clinton.

Clinton’s mom’s chiropractor made the list.

Two teenaged boys involved in drug dealing were killed rather gruesomely in Arkansas. The kooks speculate that they witnessed Clinton wrongdoing and were murdered for that. There is no evidence of any connection to Clinton but Arkansas.

Then there is a whole slew of “suspicious deaths” related to these two boys, because they had ties to some really nasty people. So those are listed as suspicious Clinton related deaths.

TLDR: most of it is made up.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
Hell, there are suspicious deaths associated with me, and I expect every other person on the planet. If you look herd enough you'll find a second cousin or an old classmate that died in a weird way or with odd circumstances.
Of the five men I've been involved with (dated/lived with/married to) in the last 40 years, four of them are dead.* Is it any wonder I can't get a date.

* Of course, one of them, would be 99 if he were alive today, but hey-- that's no excuse.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
It depends on what the definition of "is" is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_29
Old 08-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Is there a similar list for Trump 'victims'?

If there isn't one, we should start it:

His brother
Roy Cohn
Old 08-13-2019, 05:13 PM

The grandaddy(?) of these Lists of Suspicious Deaths is the one of Kennedy assassination witnesses, first compiled by Penn Jones and later by Jim Marrs.

As this article points out, it's an enormous stretch to link all these dead people together (my favorite is the Chief Steward on Air Force One ).

There's also the currently popular Holistic Doctor Murder Conspiracy, flogged by such impeccable sources as Health Nut News.

The biggest problem with the Clinton Hit List is that Bill and Hillary have been so spectacularly bad at covering up episodes of sleaze that fall far short of murder, it strains credulity that they or their minions could kill off anyone and have it remain a secret for more than five minutes.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
from Bush Sr. cabinet Kemp, Eagleburger and Derwinski are all dead so there's 3.
Not to mention his failed attempt to off Reagan and become President.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Asking Questions View Post
Not to mention his failed attempt to off Reagan and become President.
True fact; the Bush family and the Hinckley family are close friends.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
I looked it up. It's true.

- seen on a bumper sticker in Sacramento Ca
Old 08-13-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
The grandaddy(?) of these Lists of Suspicious Deaths is the one of Kennedy assassination witnesses, first compiled by Penn Jones and later by Jim Marrs.
The great-granddaddy is the Curse of Tutankhamun.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_pharaohs

The way that people took every death of anyone related to the opening of Tutís tomb, and used each as evidence that the curse is real, is exactly the same thing people are doing with the Clintons. And itís no more credible now than it was in the 1920ís, when newspapers used that nonsense to try to tell eye-grabbing stories of ancient magic.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:

I admit I can't off the top of my head, but on the otherhand if it wasn't for the Clinton death connection as repeated over and over by the right wing smear machine, I wouldn't know about the deaths of any of the three people you mentioned as being associated with Clinton.

And don't worry Obama's got his own list.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 08-13-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:48 PM

This morning, one of the guys who volunteers at the museum where I work brought in a large, lovingly-curated collection of anti-Clinton bumper stickers. As soon as I could I dashed off an anonymous note to the Clintons, letting them know where they could find him. I guess we'll see.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Damn. I clicked it, and I'm at work.
Gotta make sure your volume is turned down.

Quote:
Grade A bullshit right there.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
I admit I can't off the top of my head, but on the otherhand if it wasn't for the Clinton death connection as repeated over and over by the right wing smear machine, I wouldn't know about the deaths of any of the three people you mentioned as being associated with Clinton.
Fair point.

Quote:
And don't worry Obama's got his own list.
And they say the black man can't get any credit in this country!
Old 08-13-2019, 10:30 PM

No way to tell but I wonder how many of the people who mention the Clinton Kill List really believe it versus jokes or trolling? It has to be greater than 0%.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
If you say 100%, people will think it's a trick.
If you say More than 75%, people will think it's a statistic.

As to the OP, the Clinton death count is a combination of right-wing fearmongering and people who are bad at math.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:51 PM

I just want to state for the record, that I know absolutely nothing about the Clintons that isn't already in the public record.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:04 AM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
This morning, one of the guys who volunteers at the museum where I work brought in a large, lovingly-curated collection of anti-Clinton bumper stickers. As soon as I could I dashed off an anonymous note to the Clintons, letting them know where they could find him. I guess we'll see.
I love the scientific method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projammer View Post
I just want to state for the record, that I know absolutely nothing about the Clintons that isn't already in the public record.
Coward. Or Control group?
Old 08-14-2019, 06:18 AM

“The Clintons couldn’t even mastermind a visit to Wisconsin.” — Stephen Colbert
Old 08-14-2019, 06:46 AM

This bullshit again?! Instead, let's talk about the kids who have died in Trump's children's prisons along the border. I think those are much more suspicious.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot
See? The cover up was working.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 08-14-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
See? The cover up was working.

Regards,
Shodan
Keep this up for a few years and eventually, you might end up being as funny as late stage cancer.