Old 11-12-2019, 04:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Sure, I know about those people. They were all over the news, you might have seen it. But people are SO worried about left-wing violence, I thought I was missing out on hundreds of incidents of left-wing violence.

But nope, as it turns out, 5 people over 5 years doesn't seem to be that outrageous. I figured as much. Especially since one was a guy with a bike lock, and 2 were practicing their 2nd Amendments rights to defend against tyranny.
I don't know which 2 you think "were practicing their 2nd Amendments rights to defend against tyranny". Three of the five shot innocent people. The fourth one carried a firearm, but I'm not clear if he got any shots off. And yes, the fifth one used a steel bike lock for his violent assaults.

My off-the-top-of-my-head list certainly wasn't intended to be comprehensive or all-encompassing. I'm confident there are more incidents than this limited sampling.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
My off-the-top-of-my-head list certainly wasn't intended to be comprehensive or all-encompassing. I'm confident there are more incidents than this limited sampling.
All the more reason for a new thread!
Old 11-12-2019, 04:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
If I may junior-mod a bit before this turns into an omnibus political-violence thread: I am hoping the thread will be about a lot more than just that. ....
Sorry, just saw this, I'll stop discussing left-wing violence here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
... Things like:

1) Would any Americans move out of America to a foreign nation because Trump is reelected, and if so, how many?
2) How much of a gap between popular vote and Electoral College vote is "acceptable" and where is the boundary where it would be considered too extreme? (Suppose Trump loses popular vote by 5%, but still is reelected?)
3) Since Trump would be a lame duck, why wouldn't Senate Republicans go along with his impeachment and let Pence be president?
4) What forms of non-violent resistance might Democrats take in Trump's 2nd term? (other than voting)

Etc. etc.
1) Probably not / very few.
2) IDGAF about the "popular vote" as far as the Presidency is concerned. You either win 270+ electoral college votes or you don't.
3) Because they don't consider the things he'd done impeachment-worthy. Vice-President Pence can be President in 2029.
4) Screaming at the sky, crying some more, protests, extensive Twittering, refusing to serve Republican officials ("serve" in this context means in the context of customers, like at restaurants and such), etc.

Last edited by HurricaneDitka; 11-12-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
3) Because they don't consider the things he'd done impeachment-worthy.
Or because they don't care whether they're "impeachment-worthy" or not, because there is no crime, corruption or treason they will not excuse or even facilitate as long as it benefits them and the perpetrators have (R) after their names. As currently seems to be the case.

IOKIARDI.