Old 11-26-2019, 11:15 AM

I hope you stick around as a poster. Diversity includes having people with conservative viewpoints, and I would hate for the SDMB to become (more of?) a liberal echo chamber.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:47 PM

Good luck Bone.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:29 PM

My guess is we won’t see bone and maybe others who are tired of obvious double standards. I’ve been wrong before though.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:50 PM

You're American to the bone, Bone, and you represent the best American tradition of forthright and free discussion, a tradition which is sadly under attack now both on this board and beyond. I regret your decision to quit but I entirely understand it. I do hope you continue to post here.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:14 PM

Being a mod is a lousy job; thanks for all your efforts, Bone.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:52 PM

Not that I follow things that closely, but I did seem to occasionally see Bone...straining, let's say, to be even-handed of late, so I'm not totally surprised that he might bow out. Eh, mMod can be a pretty crap job especially at the current rate of pay. I hope he continues on as a regular poster, though. He always struck me as a thoughtful guy, even if he had views I may disagree with. Best of luck, buddy.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Me, Vol. I View Post
Yes. Please do. You do a fine job, Bone, of representing even-tempered, thoughtful (not reactionary), Conservatism. As a liberal, I'd love to see more of that around here. I hope you will continue as a Poster.
Truthfully, I can't improve upon this sentiment.

Wherever you go, take care.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Bone, I want to add my voice to what others have said; I hope you continue to post here.
Another vote for this sentiment. The board can always use another smart poster.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:32 PM
Charter Member

I thought you were a great mod. No qualifiers.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:29 AM

I miss you already, Bone.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sad to see you go, Bone. When I stepped down, I had a spiritual exhaustion that kept me off the board and even mostly offline for nearly three years. (And I wasn't even targeted for anything.) Dealing with so much negative energy? It's draining.

I hope you spend the vast quantity of free time you now have available on something that gives you more energy and more zest. But I also hope that you keep kindness in your heart for this place because despite the rancor, the sneering and the lack of perspective that can sometimes drag this place down, it is a community. And you have a place here. You belong here.

And I hope to see you here again, when the time comes.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isosleepy View Post
I thought you were a great mod. No qualifiers.
This.

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:10 PM

Hope you stay on as a poster!

Or do what I've done in the past: take a week or two off, then ease back in by only reading MPSIMS, then a little Café Society, then a post or two about Mister Ed or Surf Music...
Maybe stay away from the more political forums til after the election.

All in all, you were an important part of this place. I'd hate for that to end.
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM

I never read enough of his posts to get a gut feel for his politics other than support of the second half of the second amendment. The bones I have to pick were at times he seemed to run interference for Ditka, and sometimes seemed to close threads because conservatives were getting their asses kicked. In fairness, he did issue warnings to Ditka.

Last edited by BobLibDem; Yesterday at 08:05 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Even in a sign off thread some people feel the need to take parting shots at Bone.

There is this neurotic presumption that some liberals have that anyone that disagrees with them are not decent human beings.

This may be the 10th thread I've seen where people are highlighting the degradation of standards around here and it is largely because liberals will not call out other liberals. They nit pick conservatives (even when they make fairly good arguments) but just let sloppy thinking or bad arguments by "their side" slide. The moderates and conservatives have done a better job of calling out other non-liberals, the few that are left anyways.

It has gone from a place where we argue fight ignorance to a place where we argue to win arguments.

I hope y'all are enjoying your echo chamber.
Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
There is this neurotic presumption that some liberals have that anyone that disagrees with them are not decent human beings.
"Some liberals", yes. All liberals, no.

And I'll measure our tolerance for opposing views against that of any other messageboard, right or left. I think you'll find this is about as far from an "echo chamber" as you get on the internet.

Mind you, some people are quick to ascribe any disagreement they encounter as pure partisan hatred, even when it's a legitimate response to their personal posts. This allows them to avoid any accountability for their own weak arguments or ill-judged comments.
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Sorry to see you go. I never thought of you as a conservative; in fact I'm having a hard time thinking of any conservative position you advocated for other than gun rights. But regardless, I always thought you were a valuable poster.