Old 11-08-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
Just plain lazy programming. Offing the Brotherhood is completely optional in the Minutemen ending so they must have known that all three would be around for players taking that route.
It sounds like something he did triggered a bug. I finished the game through the Railroad questline in my first playthrough and the BOS never became hostile.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
It sounds like something he did triggered a bug. I finished the game through the Railroad questline in my first playthrough and the BOS never became hostile.
Wait, BoS never did their pincer assault on Railroad HQ? They're supposed to and kill one of your friends while they defend the front entrance. Followed by you, Deacon, and Tom assaulting the Cambridge police station, infiltrating the Prydwen, and planting explosives.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 11-08-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member

Decided to try this alternate start for a new game. Put me right outside Diamond City near where the wild dogs spawn.

Speaking of Diamond City, I also installed the upper stands expansion mod.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:14 PM

I decided to take advantage of the absurdly crowded world by seeing how many sides I can drag into the same firefight.

My current record was north of Revere Satellite Array ( Great location for staging a rumble because the Super mutants have a great high ground position for defense, and long vision range to shoot at anything, the BOS patrols a lot, and a lot of volunteer wildlife)
The Array Super-mutants
a random BOS Vertibird
Settlers from Finch Farm
My own provisioning robot walking by on the way to Nordhagen
Minutemen from the checkpoint by the training yard
Raiders (fighting the minutemen at the checkpoint already)
Rust devils( random encounter pop up I guess)
a Deathclaw
A couple Mirelurks
Gunners( no idea what they were doing there there)
Synths(okay so I cheated a bit on that one I just threw a relay grenade in there for the extra point)

I tried to get some zombies from the training yard, but Curie kept killing them before I could get them that far.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Wait, BoS never did their pincer assault on Railroad HQ? They're supposed to and kill one of your friends while they defend the front entrance. Followed by you, Deacon, and Tom assaulting the Cambridge police station, infiltrating the Prydwen, and planting explosives.
Whoops. Minutemen questline, not Railroad.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:30 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
I decided to take advantage of the absurdly crowded world by seeing how many sides I can drag into the same firefight.

My current record was north of Revere Satellite Array ( Great location for staging a rumble because the Super mutants have a great high ground position for defense, and long vision range to shoot at anything, the BOS patrols a lot, and a lot of volunteer wildlife)
The Array Super-mutants
a random BOS Vertibird
Settlers from Finch Farm
My own provisioning robot walking by on the way to Nordhagen
Minutemen from the checkpoint by the training yard
Raiders (fighting the minutemen at the checkpoint already)
Rust devils( random encounter pop up I guess)
a Deathclaw
A couple Mirelurks
Gunners( no idea what they were doing there there)
Synths(okay so I cheated a bit on that one I just threw a relay grenade in there for the extra point)

I tried to get some zombies from the training yard, but Curie kept killing them before I could get them that far.
If you get the holotape from inside the Robotics Disposal Ground, you can send the prototype over there to join in the fun.

Level 4 in my alternate start experiment, I tried following it all the way down to the South Boston Checkpoint but insists on going past Fallon's, where three Suiciders live. Cleared them out ahead of time only for it to get one-shotted by the Gunner Commander at the checkpoint.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 11-22-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:52 AM

Freefall Legs.
Ok Fallout 4 fans, I've been through the game multiple times now and thought I knew all of the cool stuff. I had no idea, however, about these "freefall legs". I spent hours plural recently attaining them, which I finally was able to do. (I wasn't at all practiced controlling my flight using a jet pack.) They are right and left leg armor pieces that when worn together carry the same falling benefit that power armor has. You can jump from any height and land no problem. As far as I can tell, there are 2 ways to get them: an official way and a cheat way. The official way involves jet pack equipped power armor, and the cheat way involves carrying one of those wire basket type trash cans.
Here's the video that finally helped me get them. I had no idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJyOvcpnGY
Old 02-17-2018, 03:36 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member

Quote:
Speaking of Diamond City, I also installed the upper stands expansion mod.
This mod is getting really interesting. The latest update added a Red Light Seat District complete with hookers and a strip club. Looks like more is coming as there are still a couple of gates marked inaccessible like the Red Seat entrance had been.