Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Politically hostile work environment, or over-sensitivity?

I work at a mid-sized trucking firm(not the one where the drivers are forced to haul trailers that have "It's a Child, Not a Choice" printed on the back), and I already know better than to talk about my political beliefs here...but for the last few months the vast majority of the trailers we have had two things written in the dirt on the back end: "Democrats Are Communists" and "Build The Wall". It is written in letters large enough to be read easily as you pass them on the road, and there is no way for any employee in the yard not to see it. The trailers get washed occasionally, but as soon as there is enough accumulated dust/dirt the two phrases go right back on. I made a very discrete inquiry as to whether there were any complaints, and was told that The Powers That Be see no harm being done, and that there have been no complaints from either other employees or from the public at large. Am I making too big a deal of this?