Old 01-30-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ace View Post
Right. And Tinker Bell visited me this morning.
That doesn't surprise me at all. Party on, dude.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorhinge View Post
Wasn't there only one Christie staffer involved in the N.Y./N.J. Port Authority debacle, and she had been dating one of the Port Authority personnel?

Repeatedly blaming Christie for something that he wasn't involved in certainly qualifies as a lie/rumor/political opportunity. The lame stream media certainly had the time, money, and manpower, to properly research their pet project. If they had wanted to.
In 2010, Wildstein was appointed by newly installed Governor Chris Christie's senior representative at the Port Authority, Bill Baroni, to serve as the agency's Director of Interstate Capital Projects, making Wildstein the second highest-ranking Christie political appointee among the agency's executives, after Baroni himself.[4] This position had never existed at the Port Authority prior to Wildstein's appointment and had no job description, but drew an annual salary of $150,020.[4]

The Record's Shawn Boburg, who wrote a March 2012 profile about Wildstein based on interviews with then-current and past Port Authority colleagues, described Wildstein as the governor's "eyes and ears" at the agency, watching the entire agency, as one informant put it, for "strict adherence to the Christie agenda

On February 19, 2010, the Governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie, announced that he was appointing Baroni to the position of Deputy Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jerse

Bridget Anne Kelly (née Daul) is the former Deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor of New Jersey Chris Christi

All three were Christi appointees and cronies.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

Been over that here many times without effect, dude.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
(post shortened)

"Personally, I'll wait for election, and investigation, results". = Generally-speaking, I'll wait for the final results of investigations and elections before condemning the accused.
And after the accused is convicted and currently in jail? You just ignore it, what?
Old 01-30-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
That doesn't surprise me at all. Party on, dude.
I doubt much would surprise you, given that you think Christie knew nothing about Bridgegate before the courts jailed his subordinates.

But it wasn't proven in a court of law, right?
Old 01-30-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
p.s. It doesn't appear to me that Democrats have a harder time reducing their positions into soundbites. Or even a hard time.
Have you ever tried explaining Keynesianism to an idiot? Now take that same idiot and try getting him to chant "Lock her up!" Easier, right? Also probably why Republicans generally aren't Keynesians.
"...the social ills of the nonwhite inner-city poor had their origin not in some mysterious flaws of African-American culture but in economic factors—specifically, the disappearance of good blue-collar jobs. Sure enough, when rural whites faced a similar loss of economic opportunity, they experienced a similar social unraveling." - Krugman
Old 01-31-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
All three were Christi appointees and cronies.
(post shortened)

Oh No! Not appointees and cronies! Only Kelly was a Christie staff member.

Wildstein accepted a plea bargain in exchange for "rolling over" on his fellow conspirators. He admitted that he was the mastermind behind the Bridgegate incident. He produced no evidence that Christie was involved with the Port Authority criminal's activity. But haters shouldn't let a lack of actual evidence stop them from assuming the worst case scenario if it suits their political viewpoint. At this point in time, I would be shocked if they didn't.

Just as Democrats currently deny/refuse to accept the fact that elected Democrats shut down the U.S. government in order to promote the rights of illegal aliens over the needs of U.S. citizens.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I doubt much would surprise you, given that you think Christie knew nothing about Bridgegate before the courts jailed his subordinates.

But it wasn't proven in a court of law, right?
Hahahaha. Christie was well aware of the Bridgegate debacle long before the Port Authority conspirators/criminals were jailed. He had heard all about his own alleged involvement from the false claims being repeated by asshole talkshow hosts, lame stream media talkingheads, and Democrats. They were all talking about it over, and over, and over, and.....

You talk as if proving something in a court of law is a bad thing. Are you suggesting that the prosecutor, the courts, and the SA's office were in the bag for Christie just because they couldn't find any actual evidence of Christies guilt and didn't charge him?
Old 01-31-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
He admitted that he was the mastermind behind the Bridgegate incident.
You seem to be unaware of the concept of a fall guy. Unrelatedly, I'd like you to pick up a package for me.
"...the social ills of the nonwhite inner-city poor had their origin not in some mysterious flaws of African-American culture but in economic factors—specifically, the disappearance of good blue-collar jobs. Sure enough, when rural whites faced a similar loss of economic opportunity, they experienced a similar social unraveling." - Krugman
Old 01-31-2018, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Ah, doorhinge. The only person who still supports Chris Christie.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Ah, doorhinge. The only person who still supports Chris Christie.
Good news: Chris Christie has a new job!
Bad news: It's with ABC news, which doesn't scrub thoughtcrime from its broadcasts.

What to do?
Old 01-31-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
You talk as if proving something in a court of law is a bad thing. Are you suggesting that the prosecutor, the courts, and the SA's office were in the bag for Christie just because they couldn't find any actual evidence of Christies guilt and didn't charge him?
And you talk as if proving something in a court of law is the only thing. Most of us have learned how to separate the lack of a guilty verdict from the lack of duplicity.

Ever heard of a concept called plausible deniability?
Old 01-31-2018, 11:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Just as Democrats currently deny/refuse to accept the fact that elected Democrats shut down the U.S. government in order to promote the rights of illegal aliens over the needs of U.S. citizens.
Se,, Democrats like to say that we promoted the rights of People.

And no US Citizens were harmed.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:49 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
And you talk as if proving something in a court of law is the only thing. Most of us have learned how to separate the lack of a guilty verdict from the lack of duplicity.

Ever heard of a concept called plausible deniability?
No, he's never heard of it.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
So President Trump got it wrong when he said that it was ultimately the responsibility of the President?
Trump is wrong about a lot of things.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbeck View Post
DACA has 87% support. In this highly polarized time, it has 87% support. Do you really think this is the election winning issue that you are imagining it to be?
Yes but 60% don't think its worth a shutdown. IOW, they don't really feel THAT strongly about it.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Yes but 60% don't think its worth a shutdown. IOW, they don't really feel THAT strongly about it.
Doesn't mean it will work as the campaign bludgeon that the Republicans think it will. If they bet everything on this issue I don't think it will have the result they are hoping for.