Old 09-16-2019, 04:41 PM

It's probably worth more than you paid for it assuming you took care of it, didn't use it much and have had it for a long time. You can sell it to your local gun dealer, if they don't want it or you have another buyer they'll probably broker the deal and take care of shipping for their cut, or at least be able to tell you how to do it legally in your area. If the price is low enough the buyer could pony up for brokerage fees and shipping.

I could walk into work tomorrow and say, "hey! 357 mag! Cheap!". That would get it sold quickly.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell View Post
...As far as finding a buyer, you can market the handgun on local classified ad options (online or otherwise), but you and the buyer will have to meet at a gun store (or pawn shop that has an FFL) to do the transfer. A S&W .357 is a fairly valuable firearm, as S&W revolvers are generally highly regarded. What exact model do you have, and do you know how old it is?...
This part right here. Depending on how old it is---older is often better---you've a valuable piece of property. The serial number can be looked up at a variety of places so that you can inform a buyer exactly what you have. Here's S&W's: https://www.smith-wesson.com/repaired_serials/index.php

I'd take kopek up on his offer, were I you. I seriously doubt kopek, like tens of millions of other law-abiding American gun owners, will ever do anything objectionable with that pistol. I only regret I'm not in the market for one right now, or I'd inquire seriously about you having it shipped at my expense to an FFL in my area.