Old 05-11-2014, 06:10 PM

In Star Wars what was the emperor's long term plan for the empire? Presumably Darth Vader was supposed to take over after the emperor dies but there's no one after that. They only find out Luke is alive in Empire strikes back. No apprentices for Vader had apparently been considered. The Emperor was probably in his eighties and Vader was as middle aged. Both didn't really have the best of health. Kind of a short Sith empire if you ask me.

Last edited by Uosdwis R. Dewoh; 05-11-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uosdwis R. Dewoh View Post
In Star Wars what was the emperor's long term plan for the empire? Presumably Darth Vader was supposed to take over after the emperor dies but there's no one after that. They only find out Luke is alive in Empire strikes back. No apprentices for Vader had apparently been considered. The Emperor was probably in his eighties and Vader was as middle aged. Both didn't really have the best of health. Kind of a short Sith empire if you ask me.
The Rule Of Two was to be replaced with the Rule Of One. If selected parts of the EU can still be taken as canon, Palpatine/Sideous's plan was to live forever. He was working to perfect a way of transferring his consciousness via the Force to clone bodies. This is hinted at in Revenge Of The Sith, when Palpatine tells Anakin that the Dark Side offered a path to immortality. The Dark Side would have found the perfect vessel for itself and would rule the galaxy forever. So in the end Sideous was stringing Vader along- Vader would never even become the Master Sith. In contrast Qui-Gon, Kenobi and Yoda found a way to yield to death that would make them one with the Force.

Last edited by Lumpy; 05-11-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhal View Post
In the original Law and order Episode where the player's father kills the hockey coach, Sam Watterson is wearing this huge golden ring on his right hand during closing arguments. What is that ring?
TNT's exclusive deal must have run out; L&O reruns (including the very early ones) have been showing up on a few other channels lately. There are cast combinations that I didn't know existed.

I don't know about McCoy's ring, but I think that guy only owns about two neckties.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Was being gay actually less controversial than unmarried men and women sharing an apartment in 3's company?
Previous thread on this very topic: How (un)realistic a premise was Three's Company's?
Old 01-17-2017, 09:42 PM
Charter Member

Weirder than ever: more possibly unanswerable questions

Just occurred to me out of the blue, I couldn't tell you why:

"It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!". Charlie Brown botched his ghost costume and ended up with a sheet full of holes. The gang (sans Linus) go trick-or-treating, and everyone else gets candy or other goodies; Charlie Brown gets rocks. Repeatedly.

Now I don't care how big a loser Charlie Brown is, what kind of cruel bastards give a little kid trick-or-treater a rock just for having a crappy costume? And a whole neighborhood of them!
Old 01-17-2017, 09:54 PM
Charter Member

Maybe they all gave him chocolate pebbles, and he didn't notice.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:35 PM

They probably figured that the kid with the crappy costume had to be Charlie Brown, who deserved a rock on general principles.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:57 PM

In Uncle Buck, Amy Madigan Knocks on the door and looks in the window.

She spies Macaulay Culkin peeking through the mailslot.

She Knocks again, and mack opens the mailslot to see:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...buckletter.jpg

In 2001: A Space Odyssey, a helmetless Dave Bowman braves the airless void of space in order to gain acces to the USS Discovery via the airlock. Once inside the repressurised airlock a helmet appears out of nowhere.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola Straight View Post

In 2001: A Space Odyssey, a helmetless Dave Bowman braves the airless void of space in order to gain acces to the USS Discovery via the airlock. Once inside the repressurised airlock a helmet appears out of nowhere.
Erp. Photobucket.

He went back to the pod bay and got a helmet. Why HAL didn't open the pod bay doors (among others) to ensure Dave couldn't leave the airlock is the real mystery.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
In Uncle Buck, Amy Madigan Knocks on the door and looks in the window.

She spies Macaulay Culkin peeking through the mailslot.

She Knocks again, and mack opens the mailslot to see:

Because he's a kid, and he imagines it's robbers or home invaders or whatever.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftg View Post
Erp. Photobucket.

He went back to the pod bay and got a helmet. Why HAL didn't open the pod bay doors (among others) to ensure Dave couldn't leave the airlock is the real mystery.
He goes to the pod bay to retrieve a green helmet, goes back to the airlock to put it on, then comes back out of the airlock again?
Old 01-18-2017, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
Robot Arm had it pretty close. The genius behind it all wasn't Klink, but Schultz.
But, but, but... I thought Schultz was a business owner. There was one episode where he and Klink were tricked into thinking the war was over(fake radio broadcast) Klink asked Schulz what he would do now and Schulz said he would go back to Schazi Toys. Klink said "Oh, you work for Schazi Toys?" and Schulz, in a smug fashion, replied "I own Schazi Toys!"

Before the war wouldn't that have made him awfully busy, too busy to start an underground?
Old 01-18-2017, 11:16 PM

In the Black Mirror episode "San Junipero":

SPOILER:
After the dying 'cross over' and go to the tourist 'town' permanently, can they still go back and forth between different eras? If Yorkie and Kelly decide they're sick of the "1987" scene, can they just snap their fingers and be in "1995" land? Or once they are there, is that the new 'reality'? Will time pass similar to the way it does in the real world, and will their 1987 eventually advance to 1995 and 2002, or is it always 1987 for them forevermore?
Old 01-18-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadaexile View Post
A few more things:
[*]Why didnít Uncle Charlie (or Bub for that matter) on My Three Sons have a girlfriend? - I mean even in the 1960s I would have to assume that older men still liked women. Why didn't they show them having any female companionship? Were they closeted gay men? Or was it ED?
[/LIST]
In the last my Three Sons episode I happened to see, Uncle Charlie was conflicted because he wanted to move to Ireland with his girlfriend. He ended up staying.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
And what about Naomi? [referenced in the Electric Company sketch "Love of Chair."]
Oh, that was just Jake and Maggie Gyllenhall's mom.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftg View Post
Erp. Photobucket.

I always thought there was a spacesuit in the airlock, and Dave took the helmet from that one. Here's an image from that scene. It's just in that alcove behind the control panel; can't see it too well, but it looks like it has the same chest pack as on Dave's suit. And when we see Dave deactivating HAL, he has a green helmet. The suits in the pod bay were red, yellow, and blue.

I remember thinking this was rather obvious in the movie, but I found the airlock scene on youtube and you don't really see more than that image. Maybe there's a better look at it at some other point in the movie, or it could be explained in the book and I'm just getting them confused.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:07 AM

AHA!

You're right!

Mystery solved!
Old 01-19-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
If selected parts of the EU can still be taken as canon, Palpatine/Sideous's plan was to live forever. He was working to perfect a way of transferring his consciousness via the Force to clone bodies. This is hinted at in Revenge Of The Sith, when Palpatine tells Anakin that the Dark Side offered a path to immortality.
If anyone still cares after all these years, it was more than hinted at in the no longer canon Dark Empire comics. He actually uses a clone body in the series, albeit one that looks more like it was cloned from Prince Lotor from Voltron than Palpatine himself.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
1. Why was Janet Jackson a minor character on Good Times? Weren't her brothers already huge stars at the time? Didn't she at least qualify for the role of Tootie or Willis' girlfriend?

3. Who was Spiderman on the Electric Company?
snipped

1. She apparently did qualify for the role of Willis's gf, as she played such for a while. Tootie, i dunno, they just liked Kim Fields better. I think she was also younger (she was somewhat cast as a love interest for Arnold, not Willis on crossover eps) and more precocious.

3. Spider-Man, where are you coming from, Spider-Man? Nobody knows who you are!

I know zombie, whatevs.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
My questions: (sorry if they were asked/answered already):

1. Why was Janet Jackson a minor character on Good Times? Weren't her brothers already huge stars at the time? Didn't she at least qualify for the role of Tootie or Willis' girlfriend?
Janet Jackson was a main character on Good Times - she was in 48 episodes - but she was a new character added in season 6, and the show was cancelled the following year. She also was a character on "Diff'rent Strokes" - Charlene DuPrey. She did 10 episodes in '80 through '84. I don't know if she auditioned for Tootie or not.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:42 PM

Die Hard II: Ex-military terrorists take over Dulles Airport. The Army dispatches a counter-terrorist team (led by John Amos) to deal with them. Unbeknownst to anybody until it was almost too late, the CT team is actually filled with terrorist collaborators.

However, the communications expert that arrived at Duilles with the CT team was a last-minute replacement: the usual guy was in the hospital with an emergency appendectomy. The replacement gets killed by John Amos on the way to join up with the terrorists. Naturally, the terrorists all get blown up by Bruce Willis right before the end credits.

My question: what happened to the guy with appendicitis?

Last edited by CaptMurdock; 02-08-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Are you saying he was or wasn't one of the terrorist infiltrators?
Old 02-08-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post
Die Hard II: Ex-military terrorists take over Dulles Airport. The Army dispatches a counter-terrorist team (led by John Amos) to deal with them. Unbeknownst to anybody until it was almost too late, the CT team is actually filled with terrorist collaborators.

However, the communications expert that arrived at Duilles with the CT team was a last-minute replacement: the usual guy was in the hospital with an emergency appendectomy. The replacement gets killed by John Amos on the way to join up with the terrorists. Naturally, the terrorists all get blown up by Bruce Willis right before the end credits.

My question: what happened to the guy with appendicitis?
Good question. Either he was not one of the collaborators, and the appendicitis saved his life (since Amos would have killed him, just as he killed the replacement), or he was a collaborator, and Amos just accepted that one of his men would have to be left behind. Either way, the guy in the hospital is going to face a pretty intense interrogation in his near future so the good guys can determine which side he was on.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:23 PM

My own silly question: in Legally Blonde (the movie) why was the pool boy willing to lie at the trial? I think it makes sense to conclude that the ex-wife is paying him to do so - the daughter likely confessed to her mother (the ex-wife), who figured the safest way to protect her daughter is to make sure that someone she doesn't like anyway is convicted, but there's not much evidence in the film.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

With the much-anticipated Season Five of Samurai Jack coming up, I was reminded of something:

In the pilot episode we saw Jack's father the former king having endured 20 years as a wretched slave laborer, holding out for the hope of seeing Aku's defeat. But instead, Jack was banished into the future and the way was cleared for Aku to conquer the world. I think Jack's father must have been... disappointed, to greatly understate it. ETA: unless Jack does finally "get back, back to the past".

Last edited by Lumpy; 02-23-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
What would happen if Dracula's brain was implanted in the Frankenstein's Monster's body?
Or, better, what if Dr. Frankenstein was hired by Dracula to fix his heart in case it got a stake in it?
Old 02-26-2017, 06:23 AM

On ST: Voyager, The Doctor cannot act quickly enough to save the lives of two patients. The principles of triage do not apply. So Harry Kim lives, a young woman dies, and The Doc is ridden with guilt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have stasis in the Voyager universe? Couldn't the young woman have been put into suspended animation until The Doctor finished with Harry?

Alternatively, The Doctor is the ship's Emergency Medical Hologram. Couldn't they have just generated a copy of the EMH to deal with the second patient? For that matter, why can't they generate enough EMHes to deal with crises like epidemics, rather than roping Command personnel like Tom Paris into serving as corpsmen?* How come they can have only one EMH at a time?

*This is the correct naval terminology, not "medics."
Old 02-26-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy L View Post
My own silly question: in Legally Blonde (the movie) why was the pool boy willing to lie at the trial? I think it makes sense to conclude that the ex-wife is paying him to do so - the daughter likely confessed to her mother (the ex-wife), who figured the safest way to protect her daughter is to make sure that someone she doesn't like anyway is convicted, but there's not much evidence in the film.
I haven't seen the movie since it came out, but didn't the pool boy (who was gay) and the daughter (who was guilty) both despise the stepmother (who was wrongly accused of murdering her husband)?

If anyone was in cahoots, it would be the first two, wouldn't it?

Last edited by terentii; 02-26-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

In George Orwell's 1984, the dreaded Thought Police constantly search for heterodoxy, especially among the Outer Party who are considered the most likely to plan and lead a rebellion. The presumption being that the Proles are mostly apolitical and the Inner Party members have a stake in the system they're at the top of. My question is, who does the routine functionary work for the Thought Police? Outer Party members? But they're the ones least trusted and most surveilled by the Thought Police. What Outer Party member is trusted enough to work there? Would Winston Smith's fate have been different if he'd worked for Miniluv instead of MiniTru?

BTW:, this applied in real life too. Who did the typing and filed the paperwork in the NKVD during Stalin's purges? Were the people who worked there given an implicit immunity against arrest if they kept their mouths shut and did their jobs? If not, how did you get people to work for an organization that might order their own arrest and execution?
Old 05-13-2017, 08:57 PM

There's always the possibility they assume if they are working for the system they will not be targeted by the system.

There's plenty of real life examples of people doing the dirty work for their overlords to provide themselves benefit. Look at kapos in the NAZI concentration camps.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBG View Post
Spider-Man, where are you coming from, Spider-Man? Nobody knows who you are!

I know zombie, whatevs.
Unless I'm being whooshed and this was just a gag about the theme song, let me add a quick link to the IMDB page for Danny Seagren, a Muppet performer who (a) filled in as Big Bird on Sesame Street when Caroll Spinney was under the weather, and who (b) is credited as playing Spider-Man on The Electric Company, as per this interview.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:39 AM

There is an entire genre of fiction that depends on unanswering questions that the audience never asks. In Star Wars and Startrek and all the rest, who does the laundry? Under what duress do people "working for the system" merrily behave morally, what is their incentive, how does one dissent? There is an underlying presumption that everyone is of a race that is inherently and irreversibly either moral or immoral, and obedient to the paradigm.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-14-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terentii View Post
I haven't seen the movie since it came out, but didn't the pool boy (who was gay) and the daughter (who was guilty) both despise the stepmother (who was wrongly accused of murdering her husband)?

If anyone was in cahoots, it would be the first two, wouldn't it?
Somehow I missed this response (sorry about that). The stepdaughter certainly hated the stepmother, but there was no indication (that I recall) that the pool boy hated her.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:47 AM

Is there some kind of unwritten law that fictional characters can never use the experiences of other fictional characters? I.E., no one on, say, "Bones," would ever say, I saw them do this on "Law & Order: SVU" the other night; let's try it.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpo the wonder mutt View Post
Is there some kind of unwritten law that fictional characters can never use the experiences of other fictional characters? I.E., no one on, say, "Bones," would ever say, I saw them do this on "Law & Order: SVU" the other night; let's try it.
The copyright laws, that would require royalty payments simply for mentioning the existence of the other show.

ETA: I'm not sure this has NEVER happened, but by and large the above is why it's rare.

Last edited by Lumpy; 05-14-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:42 PM
Charter Member

Isn't there a guy on NCIS that constantly compares various situations to movie plots?

(I don't watch the show but my mother does.)

I don't believe you have to pay royalties merely for naming another work of fiction.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morris View Post
Isn't there a guy on NCIS that constantly compares various situations to movie plots?
Was. Dinozzo's no longer on the series.

Kevin on Riverdale's a similar type. He compares other characters or their situations to other TV series a lot.

There's other characters like that, but those two are the clearest in my head.

I'd say the biggest determiner of other pop culture is mentioned is potential for competition.

If a TV show is still airing or a movie is still in the theater when the episode is intended to air, and it's both on a different network, and from a different production company, it won't be mentioned.

But if it's from one of the companies involved in the making of the referencing series, or old enough not to be taking away potential butts in seats, then it's fair game.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
It's becoming more popular as awareness of pop culture itself becomes a thing. References to pop culture are thus okay.

There is the complication that some TV shows appear in contiguous realities, i.e. all the Law & Orders, or all the "Chicago: ___" shows. And sometimes even shows that don't seem like they should but appear on the same network, such as NCIS: Los Angeles and Hawaii Five-Oh.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terentii View Post
On ST: Voyager, The Doctor cannot act quickly enough to save the lives of two patients. The principles of triage do not apply. So Harry Kim lives, a young woman dies, and The Doc is ridden with guilt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have stasis in the Voyager universe? Couldn't the young woman have been put into suspended animation until The Doctor finished with Harry?

Alternatively, The Doctor is the ship's Emergency Medical Hologram. Couldn't they have just generated a copy of the EMH to deal with the second patient? For that matter, why can't they generate enough EMHes to deal with crises like epidemics, rather than roping Command personnel like Tom Paris into serving as corpsmen?* How come they can have only one EMH at a time?

*This is the correct naval terminology, not "medics."
Because in the TV/movie world, computer programs can only "move" from place to place (computer to computer).

Writers have been characterizing software like this since the '70s, but no one has had the heart to tell them they're completely wrong.

Until of course "Living Witness", when the real-time backup module of the EMH was reactivated centuries later. I Think it would've been hilarious had the module been shaped like a 3.5" diskette.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:27 PM

Speaking of Voyager:
  1. Why was Harry Kim never promoted? Paris was given a field commission, demoted, and repromoted.
  2. Chakotay, Torres, and Paris were given field commissions, but only Paris got standard pips. Why ?
  3. Tom and B'lanna were the only ones to have a baby. Really? Over 140 consenting adults (most human) and no other babies? They were expecting to take decades to get home. Surely they weren't thinking of remaining faithful to their S.O.s whom they never expected to see alive again, or at least until they were very old.

At some point, they'd *have* to have babies, or there'd be nobody to crew the ship.
  4. Whatever happened to the Borg baby that Seven beamed over to the Doctor.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWB View Post
[*]Tom and B'lanna were the only ones to have a baby.
And Ensign Wildman.

I took it there were other babies born, but not to significant characters.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:59 PM

One thing that's always puzzled me about Rocky Horror Picture Show is the reference to a "mission." Before Riff Raff kills Frank, he sings, "Frank N. Furter, it's all over. Your mission is a failure; your lifestyle's too extreme."

So what, exactly, was Frank's mission? Why did the Transylvanians come to Earth in the first place? Whenever I ask a RHPS fan about this, I get a blank look or a shrugging "Take over the world, I guess" answer (which doesn't make sense, because they simply leave Earth after Frank is dead).

It's a silly, dumb question, but I think about it every time I see the movie. BTW, the stage version doesn't explain it either.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I always thought there was a spacesuit in the airlock, and Dave took the helmet from that one. Here's an image from that scene. It's just in that alcove behind the control panel; can't see it too well, but it looks like it has the same chest pack as on Dave's suit. And when we see Dave deactivating HAL, he has a green helmet. The suits in the pod bay were red, yellow, and blue.
THANK YOU for posting this! I have seen that movie more times than I can count, and I NEVER noticed the spacesuit in the airlock before! I had always assumed that Dave went to the pod bay to get a helmet—which, as ftg pointed out, doesn't make sense.

Quote:
I remember thinking this was rather obvious in the movie, but I found the airlock scene on youtube and you don't really see more than that image. Maybe there's a better look at it at some other point in the movie, or it could be explained in the book and I'm just getting them confused.
In the novel, Dave doesn't attempt to rescue Frank, who is obviously dead. Instead, he realizes that HAL is nuts and asks for control of the hibernation capsules so he can wake up the crew. HAL resists at first, but finally complies. HAL then opens the pod bay doors, the ship starts decompressing, and Dave barely makes it to some kind of emergency chamber that has a spacesuit in it.

Last edited by erysichthon; 08-05-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Charter Member

Has Popeye ever gotten super-strength from spinach in any manner other than eating it? Smoking it? Snorting it (as in snuff)? A spinach-juice transfusion? A pureed spinach enema?

BTW: is his actual Christian name really "Popeye"? His surname maybe?

Last edited by Lumpy; 08-05-2017 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erysichthon View Post
So what, exactly, was Frank's mission? Why did the Transylvanians come to Earth in the first place? Whenever I ask a RHPS fan about this, I get a blank look or a shrugging "Take over the world, I guess" answer (which doesn't make sense, because they simply leave Earth after Frank is dead).
I've never thought much about it, but Frank is a scientist and was presumably supposed to be researching or making something (weapons?) that would benefit Transylvania. Maybe his superiors thought his experiments were going to lead to, say, a race of super soldiers.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:48 PM

So how exactly does the world work after Inglourious Basterds? Honestly it seems like the world becomes so much more complicated.

SPOILER:
So after Hitler is dead does the German military sue for peace with figures like Rommel leading the charge, or does Himmler take over and the war somehow becomes much worse? Do the Soviets take this as an opportunity to rush for Berlin much earlier knowing the German military is demoralized? Do the Germans on the Western Front all surrender en-masse to prevent the Soviets from getting to Germany first? With FDR and Henry Wallace still-in-charge of post-war 1944 Europe does that mean they allow even more Soviet concessions than it would have under 1945 Truman? Do the Soviets launch an invasion of Japan before the US does and split Japan into a North and South? Will the Basterds now have to kill Stalin to prevent the world from becoming even more Communist?
Old 08-06-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Xmas View Post
Segregation wasn't legal, but it was pretty much de facto. School integration didn't start until 1954, and I remember racial riots in school in the late 1960's. It wasn't like someone snapped their fingers and VOILA--total integration.

I do think a 1955 school would be lily white, except possibly for the cleaning and kitchen staffs.
I went to high school in the deep south from 1956 to 1959. There were black students, and apparently it wasn't such a big deal, since I can't recall whether there were a few or a lot. Afterward, I went to college in California, and was surprised at how few black students there were. I had been working side-by-side with black folks in every part-time job I had during HS and afterward, so it surprised, and sometimes annoyed me that they were isolated from the rest (socially, if not legally).

As for the band - yeah. WAOK played "race music" (e.g. Chuck Berry, etc.) and was on every Atlanta teenager's car radio buttons. (Another button for when the parents were in the car was tuned to a station that played Sinatra or Patti Page.)

So it wouldn't be out of the question for a graduating class to hire a black band.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morris View Post
This was done all the time on Remington Steele. The episode I remember best is the one where Brosnan cracked the case by realizing it was just like the plot of The Producers.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:39 AM

Quote:
They did this a lot in the series produced by MTM back in the '80s. I first noticed it when a male stripper was hired for Lucy's birthday on Hill Street Blues, and the same thing was done a few weeks later for someone else on St Elsewhere. The woman who hired the stripper there even said she got the idea from "some cop show."
Old 08-06-2017, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWB View Post
Because in the TV/movie world, computer programs can only "move" from place to place (computer to computer).
Okay, but couldn't the woman also have just been left in the transporter buffer until Doc had finished with Kim? I don't remember the exact circumstances, but I don't think they were under attack at the moment, or anything like that.